PDA

View Full Version : Australia will win this test on the fourth day !

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 12:53 AM
Well done Tigers for causing alarm in the Aussie Camp ! But that is all that it will be in the end. Alarm !

In the din of all the euphoria, I am looking at the pitch. A sand coloured, lifeless pitch. When Bangladesh's first innings folds up, probably for something like 450 - 480, Aussies will go on to post a massive reply. Bangladesh batting will collpase as usual in the seocond innings and the Aussies will have to get something like 150-175 in the second innings, which they will get losing 2-3 wickets max. And that will be on the fourth day.

So I predict a minimum of a 7-wicket win for the Aussies on the fourth day of this match.

This is if rain permits. :)

Sorry friends, I am not being disrespectful towards Bangladesh. I am just giving my frank views. Have tomatoes and rotten eggs ready, though, to throw at me if I go wrong.

GuruTM
April 10, 2006, 12:59 AM
Are you very very sure? Koy din por por......

Miraz
April 10, 2006, 01:06 AM
Dear Aussiefan, Cricket is a game which is to be played in the field, not in the table or computer in front of you. Let aussies finish their first innings after BD one and then comment, otherwise you have to use your words for lunch :D

shimraj
April 10, 2006, 01:48 AM
If Bangladesh goes 500+, I will dream about innings defeat for AUS. Why not. If I had to dream, I will always dream big.
If BD survives whole day today, they will inshaallah pull out a draw at least.
I think Aussiefan can forget about 4th day victory. This will inshaallah go to 5th day.

IanW
April 10, 2006, 01:52 AM
AussieFan,

You may have noted two things.

Firstly, there is turn in the pitch. Substantial turn in fact.

Two, the fast bowler who respected the fact that this game is played on the subcontinent and bowled accordingly - Gillespie - has by far the best statistics of the Australian quicks.

Dont assume that Masrafee will bowl as stupidly and wastefully as Clarke and Lee have.

Ian WHitchurch

SillyChild
April 10, 2006, 02:23 AM
Well done Tigers for causing alarm in the Aussie Camp ! But that is all that it will be in the end. Alarm !
If this "Alarm" is going be to like the one we gave you guys at Cardiff, I'll be more than happy mate ;)

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 02:47 AM
AussieFan,

You may have noted two things.

Firstly, there is turn in the pitch. Substantial turn in fact.

Two, the fast bowler who respected the fact that this game is played on the subcontinent and bowled accordingly - Gillespie - has by far the best statistics of the Australian quicks.

Dont assume that Masrafee will bowl as stupidly and wastefully as Clarke and Lee have.

Ian WHitchurch

I have not noted any of those things mate.

I have not assumed anything either.

Don't assume that I have noted or assumed anything mate.

I am just looking at past trends. See, Bangladesh has already collapsed suddenly to end up at 427. Catapulting from 398/6 to 427 all out. This is all to familiar. The only thing is BD didn't get as much as even I thought.

This always happens. One or two batters do extremely well (this tme Shahriar and Bashar) and only Rajin Saleh thought it fit to bat sensibly and to consolidate on that. This is typical of Bangladeshi batting. And the all too familiar second innings debacle will happen. Australia might lose one or two wickets at the beginning as the batters adjust to the different conditions...but they will hit up a massive score and finally win on the fourth day.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 02:48 AM
If this "Alarm" is going be to like the one we gave you guys at Cardiff, I'll be more than happy mate ;)

Oh Sillychild ! Your nickname says it all !

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 02:57 AM
If Bangladesh goes 500+, I will dream about innings defeat for AUS. Why not. If I had to dream, I will always dream big.
If BD survives whole day today, they will inshaallah pull out a draw at least.
I think Aussiefan can forget about 4th day victory. This will inshaallah go to 5th day.

Well, Bangladesh didn't go past 500+. They hardly went past 400 !
But yes, please do. Dream big !

Bashar scores 76, Shahriar scores 138.
Rajin Sales thinks it fit to consolidate on their hard work and scores 67. I salute him !
Then Ashraful tries to be bigger than himself and throws away his wicket. Aftab is his usual silly self too, screwing up others' good work. Bashar and Shahriar didn't work hard for those two simpletons to come out and play socks. The rest of the batting folded up in quick time to compensate on the damage inflicted on the Aussies by the hardworking Bashar and Shahriar and then Saleh. This is typical Bangla batting.

So you can only dream mate, with these ...... tigers !

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 03:03 AM
Dear Aussiefan, Cricket is a game which is to be played in the field, not in the table or computer in front of you. Let aussies finish their first innings after BD one and then comment, otherwise you have to use your words for lunch :D

Yeh, cricket is played on the field, predictions are in your mind.

Anyway, Banglaboys never went past 427 ! You see where it is heading ?

And as for eating words, that is a national pastime with us Aussies. You saw Punta (Bangladesh's playing tests) and Warnie (Murali's wickets) doin' that. So you don't worry mate. We love eating words. The only things is, matie, we love eating tigers better ! And we'll do it.

sunny747
April 10, 2006, 03:13 AM
Dear aussieFAn, infact we already won the match. U see posting 400+ runs againts the world champ was not joke. It's already a win win situation for us. I agree with your prediction though.

BanglaMusic
April 10, 2006, 03:30 AM
Aussie Fan, They just lost 2nd wicket for 30 some odd runs. are you still optimistic?? If i am a aussie i'd still be but not TOO Optimistic!!!

SillyChild
April 10, 2006, 04:12 AM
AussieFan, How does the "Alarm" sound after 52/3 (15.2 ov)? LOL...

bidrohi
April 10, 2006, 04:41 AM
well m8, AUSSIES 50-3 AT STUMPS. well, even bd weren't that lowly. and since u got F I V E bowlers, this denotes that u must have ommitted worthy batsman.

martyn, hayden, ponting- 3 of ur best batsman. G O N E. the top ranked batsman is gone 4 21.

all u got left is gilly and hussey

Yameen
April 10, 2006, 04:51 AM
Hussey Out!

Mr-khan
April 10, 2006, 05:01 AM
Australia 70/4 (28.0 ov)
Australia trail by 354 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
So Mr.Aussiefan!
You have still time to edit your post;)

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 05:46 AM
Enjoy mates, while you can. Have the rotten tomatoes and eggs ready anyway.

Australia will win this match. What we are doin' right now is givin' you guys some excitement.

:)

Ganesh
April 10, 2006, 05:53 AM

In the din of all the euphoria, I am looking at the pitch. A sand coloured, lifeless pitch. When Bangladesh's first innings folds up, probably for something like 450 - 480, Aussies will go on to post a massive reply. Bangladesh batting will collpase as usual in the seocond innings and the Aussies will have to get something like 150-175 in the second innings, which they will get losing 2-3 wickets max. And that will be on the fourth day.

So I predict a minimum of a 7-wicket win for the Aussies on the fourth day of this match.

Sorry friends, I am not being disrespectful towards Bangladesh. I am just giving my frank views. Have tomatoes and rotten eggs ready, though, to throw at me if I go wrong.

Yeah sure. It really looks like it :-). Will Aussies save a follow on?

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 05:55 AM
Australia 70/4 (28.0 ov)
Australia trail by 354 runs with 6 wickets remaining in the 1st innings
So Mr.Aussiefan!
You have still time to edit your post;)

I don't see any need to edit. I know the Banglaboys, how they'll fail !!

Just wait and see. We are used to situations like this.

This is yet another test you guys are gonna lose.

Remember when you thought you guys were doing well against the Lions, I mean their second string side ? They beat you well and truly. We'll do the same mates. Until then enjoy the proceedings.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 06:01 AM
Yeah sure. It really looks like it :-). Will Aussies save a follow on?

I don't think they'd avoid it but don't worry maties ! We won't disappoint you guys. We'll follow on and make a huge score and get you guys all out on the fourth day to win. We wont get to win by 7 wickets now as we'll have to follow on. That I have to admit but we'll win anyway.

This will be yet another test that you couldn't take to the fifth day. We don't won't to tax you guys too much. We are Aussies guys. Remember. This is nothing for us.

Be patient friends.

Yameen
April 10, 2006, 06:02 AM
just face it aussiefan, ur guys are fighting tooth n nail out there and its not lookin good in terms of tryin to avoid follow on!!!!!!!!!:eek:

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 06:07 AM
Enjoy while you can buddies.

The Kangaroos will whack the sorry bottoms of the Tigers in this match too. They (your bottoms) are getting too big for your own good maties !

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 06:11 AM
AussieFan, How does the "Alarm" sound after 52/3 (15.2 ov)? LOL...

It sure sounds like an emission from your posterior !

6alltheway
April 10, 2006, 06:13 AM
Enjoy while you can buddies.

The Kangaroos will whack the sorry bottoms of the Tigers in this match too. They (your bottoms) are getting too big for your own good maties !

Your arrgonace has made everyone respond they way they have. Sort out your attitude first then we'll see who is getting too big for thier own good.

Unless you simply just accept that fact that Bangladesh currently are out playing aussies then you will get all the jeers and the remarks.

Sovik
April 10, 2006, 06:46 AM
Dream on aussie fan, dream on

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 06:47 AM
Your arrgonace has made everyone respond they way they have. Sort out your attitude first then we'll see who is getting too big for thier own good.

Unless you simply just accept that fact that Bangladesh currently are out playing aussies then you will get all the jeers and the remarks.

Well I love the responses I have got. I know they are Bangla boys cheering their team. That's ok with me. I cheer my country and all the others here Bangladesh. I can't expect them to cheer Australia ! Similarly you can't expect me, an Australian to cheer Bangladesh, being as Aussies. Well we have IanW doing exactly that and I don't have to jump the bandwagon with him.

Mr-khan
April 10, 2006, 06:51 AM
Leave him alone.He knows that Aussie will not able to avoid the follow on so he is frustured.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 06:54 AM
Dream on aussie fan, dream on

This is not a dream matie. This is Australia Vs. Bangladesh. What do you expect ?

We'll win this match on the fourth day !

I can envison the following Cricinfo Headlines tommorow and the day after, at various stages:

- Gilchrist leads the way as the Kangaroos avoid follow on
- Bangladesh forced to bat again
- Bangladesh lose their way - Lee strikes
- Warnie and McGill exploit conditions to run through the Tigers
- Another batting collapse as the Tigers lose their way
- Aussies marchin on
- Great recovery by Australia to win on fourth day
- "I have always been telling that we are improving. We gave them a fright !" - Bashar

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 06:55 AM
Leave him alone.He knows that Aussie will not able to avoid the follow on so he is frustured.
I am not half as frustrated as you'll be matie on the fourth day !

Ajfar
April 10, 2006, 06:57 AM

Hell yaaaa......u'r wrong....after watching the 2nd day...i can pretty much bet my life on it....everyone get ready for the biggest shock in the history of cricket.....and oh yeah aussie fan u might wanna tell your captain ponting to luk for a gud excuse....is he gonna say...oh maybe i was wrong....test cricket does involve luck...... :D

Mr-khan
April 10, 2006, 06:58 AM
I am not half as frustrated as you'll be matie on the fourth day !
Action speaks louder than words.

jyotiraihan17
April 10, 2006, 07:00 AM
g'day mate, ''ignorance is a bless'', so i kinda envy u, all u should be concerned now is whether australia is gonna ''embrace'' an innings defeat, or whether they shall ''fight'' to keep the test alive till the 5th day and then loose at the morning or lunch session....

israr
April 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
145/6 on the 2nd day. Maybe allout for 230, just avoid the follow-on, Bangladesh batting collapse but Ash resistance helps Bd to 180+, with a lead of 200, the target would be near 400 and with two days still left aus allout for 330-350 The result.........Bd win by 50 runs or so, and then as expected, AussieFan won't show up in this forum for eternity. An example of a....................... No need to say what you are; time will tell everything

fwullah
April 10, 2006, 07:02 AM
AussieFan is right.

We're used to playing some really good cricket upto Day Three, and then we have always lost our way from Day 4 onwards.

We could all regret on the Day 4 or Day 5 for not scoring some more runs, or the good luck needed to get wickets.

And so far, Guilchrist is playing solidly without taking too many risks. If he can continue the way he has played today, there is no reason for the Australians to think of any other result except for a win.

israr
April 10, 2006, 07:07 AM
Australians are coward, Shane warne never got a pain in his shoulder but after Nafees' treatment , it surely increased. Ricky Pointing had to revert his coments about Bangladesh's test status, and then ofcourse, we're waiting to see till what extent you shall go crazy or conceal yourself when Australia lose this, till then enjoy Aussie fan. You have a maximum time limit of 3 days

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 07:10 AM
AussieFan you're arrogant, rude and disgrace yourself as an Aussie fan. If Aussies are so good they would have dominated a 10th ranked Bangladesh team from the very beginning and you wouldn't have to be here to prove it. You're just feeling insecure about your team's performance.

Face it, BD has played your best bowlers with sheer class and their bowlers have slaughtered your top batsmen. You should learn to give credit where it's due and be courteous to Bangladeshi fans because this is a BANGLADESHI cricket fan site. You can cheer for your team but you have no right to insult Bangladesh or its fans.

Mridul
April 10, 2006, 07:11 AM
Ok guys....though I am really really enjoying the momemnt like any other BD fans right now; i know that BD is gonna loose, although I dont wanna see that.

I dont think, after 16 wickets have fallen in first 2 days, the match is going to be ended as draw. Someone is going to win for sure. And most likly its going to be Aussies. They are gonna score around 300 tomorrow and bd will reach near 200 in their 2nd innings. And aus will hold their nerve and win easily on day 5.

Mueid
April 10, 2006, 07:16 AM
Yeh, cricket is played on the field, predictions are in your mind.

Anyway, Banglaboys never went past 427 ! You see where it is heading ?

And as for eating words, that is a national pastime with us Aussies. You saw Punta (Bangladesh's playing tests) and Warnie (Murali's wickets) doin' that. So you don't worry mate. We love eating words. The only things is, matie, we love eating tigers better ! And we'll do it.
6 wiks down, quit with ur pride n be decent enuf to show some respect for bangladesh

Ajfar
April 10, 2006, 07:19 AM
hey Aussie Fan.....why don't u just go back to your australian cricket forum......or is it that they are all talking abt how badly australia is about to get their a$$ whipped from the 10th rank bangladesh.......i know the bad aussie is gonna play all u'r gonna say is we r doing that only cause we feel like it....and aussie is gonna bouce back when eva they feel like it...well i think tomm is a gud time to bounce back...cause if they don't...they r going down

and where is all the other Oz people....like gary niblock i think....and other 2 i can't remember.....

ekatturerBangalee
April 10, 2006, 07:24 AM
hey Aussie Fan.....why don't u just go back to your australian cricket forum......or is it that they are all talking abt how badly australia is about to get their a$$ whipped from the 10th rank bangladesh.......i know the bad aussie is gonna play all u'r gonna say is we r doing that only cause we feel like it....and aussie is gonna bouce back when eva they feel like it...well i think tomm is a gud time to bounce back...cause if they don't...they r going down

and where is all the other Oz people....like gary niblock i think....and other 2 i can't remember.....

Well, well, well, just cool down.
Anyone can have his/her opinion. Let's not get carried away. Let's continue the debate. Aussie Fan expressed his mind. So, let's respond with fact in a civil manner.

thebest
April 10, 2006, 07:26 AM
after reading all these I have only one comment. This aussie fan has guts unlike the big mouth fatty who pretended to be injured but I saw no sign of injury
Hats off to you aussie fan
We have already won. How many times in last 10 years aus has to do the catch up game for two days in a row or did not won a single session for 2 days in a row

AussieFan
AussieFan you're arrogant, rude and disgrace yourself as an Aussie fan. If Aussies are so good they would have dominated a 10th ranked Bangladesh team from the very beginning and you wouldn't have to be here to prove it. You're just feeling insecure about your team's performance.

Face it, BD has played your best bowlers with sheer class and their bowlers have slaughtered your top batsmen. You should learn to give credit where it's due and be courteous to Bangladeshi fans because this is a BANGLADESHI cricket fan site. You can cheer for your team but you have no right to insult Bangladesh or its fans.

Hey c'mon mate. Things get hot as a match progresses. Don't breed hate man.

And thanks for your psychoanalysis. Save it for the Tigers for the forth day of this match when they will be shell shocked !

AussieFan
after reading all these I have only one comment. This aussie fan has guts unlike the big mouth fatty.
Hats off to you aussie fan
We have already won. How many times in last 10 years aus has to do the catch up game for two days in a row or did not won a single session for 2 days in a row

Won ? Not until the last ball is bowled matie !

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 07:29 AM
g'day mate, ''ignorance is a bless'', so i kinda envy u, all u should be concerned now is whether australia is gonna ''embrace'' an innings defeat, or whether they shall ''fight'' to keep the test alive till the 5th day and then loose at the morning or lunch session....

Envy is not good for your blood pressure matie.

This is Australia Vs. Bangladesh. Wake up !

mona
April 10, 2006, 07:30 AM
AussieFan,

You all Aussie or are you hiding something from us? Just asking...mate.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 07:32 AM
145/6 on the 2nd day. Maybe allout for 230, just avoid the follow-on, Bangladesh batting collapse but Ash resistance helps Bd to 180+, with a lead of 200, the target would be near 400 and with two days still left aus allout for 330-350 The result.........Bd win by 50 runs or so, and then as expected, AussieFan won't show up in this forum for eternity. An example of a....................... No need to say what you are; time will tell everything

I won't be here after 'Australia loses', as it is practically impossible. What I mean is, how can I do that when Australia won't lose ?

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 07:33 AM
AussieFan,

You all Aussie or are you hiding something from us? Just asking...mate.

I am Aussie, 100%. :)

I am hiding the same things you hide. Else I'd be booked for indecent exposure ! This is the civic society.

thebest
April 10, 2006, 07:33 AM
dear aussifan,
r u compulsive counter attacker. Please read my post and then understand what I mean by won.
As someone pointed out you are really frustrated. So you are compulsively replying evry message without reading it.
Mate be cool down.

Rubu
April 10, 2006, 07:34 AM
We just have to wait one more day to see how things goes. If we can bundle them up below 200. We will vertually secure the test for a draw. As, all we need to do on the 2nd innings is to add another 150 runs or so. We should not enforce follow on though. So far, only australia has been the only team who lost a game after enforcing follow on. We do not want to be added to the list. but eve if we do worse than 150, we will still have a respectable total that aussies has to go for the draw and not for win.

God, please be with us for one more day!

imran78
April 10, 2006, 07:34 AM
just ignore him guys. its probably a 14 yr old with nothing to do on his hands. no need to go boinkers with what one guy says.

action speaks louder than words.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 07:36 AM
AussieFan is right.

We're used to playing some really good cricket upto Day Three, and then we have always lost our way from Day 4 onwards.

We could all regret on the Day 4 or Day 5 for not scoring some more runs, or the good luck needed to get wickets.

And so far, Guilchrist is playing solidly without taking too many risks. If he can continue the way he has played today, there is no reason for the Australians to think of any other result except for a win.

Thank you lady. That is what I meant.

Things do get hot as a match progresses. But this is nothing personal. After the match over, we could all have a good laugh and be friends.

By the way, I am really enjoying the aggression of the Bangla fans here. They do love their country.

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 07:37 AM
<snip>

mod.content : it is provocative stuff, but it still is no reason to be incivil.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 07:39 AM
dear aussifan,
r u compulsive counter attacker. Please read my post and then understand what I mean by won.
As someone pointed out you are really frustrated. So you are compulsively replying evry message without reading it.
Mate be cool down.

It's much cool here matie than in Bangladesh.

Well I read through the whole post. My comment still stands.

And I respect every post and write a reply if it is worth.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 07:42 AM
<snip>

mod.content : more civility is requested from both sides.

ANTIGER
April 10, 2006, 07:46 AM
snip
Hey, hey, hey, hold it mate!

This is a public site. Not your private property ! Don't use foul language like that. It is repelling !

mod.misc : removed the quoted comment

Baundule
April 10, 2006, 07:51 AM
I am smelling the presence of Hukkaram in the disguise of Aussiefan. Only moderators can check that, tough!

btw, there is nothing serious in it. Let's just wait and see what happens in the test. Dont attack the frustrated man!

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 07:52 AM
snip : removed Aussiefan's quoted reply and Hatebreed's reply to it.

mod.content : Hatebreed, you need to really cool down.

Ejaj
April 10, 2006, 07:55 AM
Hell yaaaa......u'r wrong....after watching the 2nd day...i can pretty much bet my life on it....everyone get ready for the biggest shock in the history of cricket.....and oh yeah aussie fan u might wanna tell your captain ponting to luk for a gud excuse....is he gonna say...oh maybe i was wrong....test cricket does involve luck...... :D

I was having the same feeling.. till. last hour of the match. And bashar.. is thetooth less tiger. never knows when to attack or how to attack. With 6 wkts down.. he shoudl have gone for the kill. rather. we went for option.. where batsmen make mistakes............. waht a shame!!

Hasib
April 10, 2006, 07:58 AM
NO ONE should be guessing what will be happening next weather u r Bangladeshi or Australian...I know AussieFan started it but lets not bring him down to his low level...

hkooraham
April 10, 2006, 08:05 AM
I am smelling the presence of Hukkaram in the disguise of Aussiefan. Only moderators can check that, tough!

btw, there is nothing serious in it. Let's just wait and see what happens in the test. Dont attack the frustrated man!

C'mon ! Leave me out of it !

This is my only post in two days. While you guys are having fun thumping the Kangaroos, I didn't want to spoil it with any comments.

You worry about cricket and not my identity. I am reporting you to the moderators.

Mr-Cricket
April 10, 2006, 08:58 AM
Guys, honestly, if this bloke wants to come on our forums, and tell us how he predicts this game will end – then, by all means, let him! But by responding to his clearly bold, but more to the point, baseless statements, you’re only giving him more incentive to talk ****, and to be honest, it's getting really old and I've had enough! Yes, it’s true we may have one of our now famous second innings failures, but it's also just as true that we may not! (We actually may not have to bat again by the looks of it). Let’s take it one session at a time, and not think so far ahead as to what may be. We're in a great position here; let’s enjoy it while we can! :) <O:p</O:p

Shafin
April 10, 2006, 09:01 AM
the 3rd day will be either the best or the worst day in BD cricket history.

IanW
April 10, 2006, 09:04 AM
The key to this game has been playing to the conditions.

The Bangladesh batsmen did it, and were successful.

Gillespie did it, and was successful.

McGill did it, and was successful.

Every Bangladesh bowler did it, and were successful.

Gilchrist and Lee did it, and were successful.

The issue for Australia is that they are still 280-off runs behind, and have to bat last on a turning pitch, against two spinners who bowled some of the finest slow bowling I have seen - Enamul's wicket of Clarke was up there with Warne vs Gatting, and Rafique gave absolutely nothing away.

For Australia to win, all of the following things need to happen ...

Australia get 150 more runs.

Bangladesh collapse for less than 200.

Australia successfully chase 300-350, on the last 2 days of a subcontinental test match against spinners in form, and fast men who are bowling tight and to the conditions.

Ian Whitchurch

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 09:10 AM
Guys, honestly, if this bloke wants to come on our forums, and tell us how he predicts this game will end – then, by all means, let him! But by responding to his clearly bold, but more to the point, baseless statements, you’re only giving him more incentive to talk ****, and to be honest, it's getting really old and I've had enough! Yes, it’s true we may have one of our now famous second innings failures, but it's also just as true that we may not! (We actually may not have to bat again by the looks of it). Let’s take it one session at a time, and not think so far ahead as to what may be. We're in a great position here; let’s enjoy it while we can! :) <o ="">:p</o>:p

Here's how:

1. Australia will come back strongly in the second innings. Being the best team on earth and considering their abyssmal failure in the first innings, they will definitely post a massive total. They must all be determined to do this.
2. Bangladesh will have to get something over 200 in the second innings, considering the Aussies would make about 500 in their second essay.
3. Knowing Bangladesh's tendency to collpase in the second innings and their general inability to reach the fifth day in a match, and also considering the pitch becoming less helpful to batters, I expect Bret Lee, Warnie and McGill running through the Tiger batting for less than 200.
4. The above will not require a fifth day.
5. Yes, the Aussies will be a bit tense when Bangladesh chases 200 odd but the Aussies are game enough to control that situation.

IanW
April 10, 2006, 09:13 AM
Aussiefan,

Read your point two, then your point three, and then consider how Rafique and Enamul bowled today.

Actually, even better, give me a list of all the crap balls they bowled.

I'm sure you can find five or six.

And they will be the ones doing the majority of the bowling.

Actually, list me all the crap deliveries that were bowled by any Bangladesh bowler who is not Mohammed Ashraful.

In return, I'll find a list of all the half-track, wide, tending down leg and other miscellaneous crap bowled by Lee, Clarke, etc etc.

Ian Whitchurch

Mr-Cricket
April 10, 2006, 09:14 AM
The issue for Australia is that they are still 280-off runs behind, and have to bat last on a turning pitch, against two spinners who bowled some of the finest slow bowling I have seen - Enamul's wicket of Clarke was up there with Warne vs Gatting, and Rafique gave absolutely nothing away.

Australia successfully chase 300-350, on the last 2 days of a subcontinental test match against spinners in form, and fast men who are bowling tight and to the conditions.

Ian Whitchurch

1. That was trully a great ball!

2. Although I maybe jumping the gun a little (so to speak), lets not forget that the Aussies collapsed to be all out for 93 in a second innings not all that long ago (Yes, admittedly, it WAS a minefield out there, but it just goes to show that it CAN be done). The key now is to roll them for as little as possible, and then post a decent total in reply - it all sounds a bit trivial doesn't it? :D

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 09:15 AM
The key to this game has been playing to the conditions.

The Bangladesh batsmen did it, and were successful.

Gillespie did it, and was successful.

McGill did it, and was successful.

Every Bangladesh bowler did it, and were successful.

Gilchrist and Lee did it, and were successful.

Ian Whitchurch
Mate,

I admire your quiet, cool manner.

All that is required for an Aussie win will happen over day 3 and 4. Let's talk again at the end of day 4.

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 09:18 AM
1. That was trully a great ball!

2. Although I maybe jumping the gun a little (so to speak), lets not forget that the Aussies collapsed to be all out for 93 in a second innings not all that long ago (Yes, admittedly, it WAS a minefield out there, but it just goes to show that it CAN be done). The key now is to roll them for as little as possible, and then post a decent total in reply - it all sounds a bit trivial doesn't it? :D

One tends to get carried away by such comments which bring tears of pride in your eyes !

Anyway, as I have explained elsewhere in this thread, Australia will win, definitely.

IanW
April 10, 2006, 09:20 AM
Just like it was supposed to happen on Day 1 and 2, right ?

By the way, where's Lee going to get the energy to bowl ?

Ian Whitchurch

PS Centrebet's getting less and less confident about Australia

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodytxt>BANGLADESH</TD><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodytxt>3.35 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(top.AddBetToSlip(73380371,'WinBANGLADESH','T est Match - Bangladesh v Australia%3Cbr%20/%3EFirst Test<br />Match Betting - Live', 3.35, '0')))

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytxt>DRAW</TD><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodytxt></B>3.00 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(top.AddBetToSlip(73380381,'WinDRAW','Test Match - Bangladesh v Australia%3Cbr%20/%3EFirst Test<br />Match Betting - Live', 3.00, '0')))
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=bodytxt>AUSTRALIA</TD><TD><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD class=bodytxt>2.20 (http://javascript<b></b>:void(top.AddBetToSlip(73380391,'WinAUSTRALIA','Te st Match - Bangladesh v Australia%3Cbr%20/%3EFirst Test<br />Match Betting - Live', 2.20, '0')))
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 09:26 AM
Aussiefan,

Read your point two, then your point three, and then consider how Rafique and Enamul bowled today.

Actually, even better, give me a list of all the crap balls they bowled.

I'm sure you can find five or six.

And they will be the ones doing the majority of the bowling.

Actually, list me all the crap deliveries that were bowled by any Bangladesh bowler who is not Mohammed Ashraful.

In return, I'll find a list of all the half-track, wide, tending down leg and other miscellaneous crap bowled by Lee, Clarke, etc etc.

Ian Whitchurch

Ian, Yet again I admire your quiet, polite and cool style. And I like debating with you !

Looking beyond that, I would ask you not to generalise based on what happened yestarday and today. If you are justified in doing so, how is Australia No. 1 and Bangladesh No. 10 ?

Look at how the Aussies disposed of Sri Lanka, clinically in the VB series. The Lion skins are still selling in flea markets ! And also look at how Sri Lanka dominated the Tigers, though, of course, they dropped an ODI. The Sri Lankans really thumped Bangladeshis in the tests.

Please go from facts to conclusions, not the other way round, my friend.

IanW
April 10, 2006, 09:50 AM
The fact is that Bangladesh have batted and bowled superbly, and Australia has not.

And yet you are the one assuming that this can be turned aroudn in 24 hours, with Warne hurt, Lee dead on his feet and no Australian batsman but Gilchrist having enough time in the middle to begin to adjust to an unfamiliar pitch ?

GuruTM
April 10, 2006, 10:22 AM

Things do get hot as a match progresses. But this is nothing personal. After the match over, we could all have a good laugh and be friends.

By the way, I am really enjoying the aggression of the Bangla fans here. They do love their country.

I smell this AussieFan is not an aussie. He is pretending.

shimraj
April 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
Well, Bangladesh didn't go past 500+. They hardly went past 400 !
But yes, please do. Dream big !

Ah-ha, what a mess!! So how much do the kangaroos need to avoid a dollow on - a BIG leap. Can you please do the calculation for me. I am not used to do such big math in my head. :D

AussieFan (although I am sure you are not an Aussie), here are some of the excuses you can choose to use now,

1. After the recent 3-0 whitewash of SA, Aussies are extremely tired and had no rest at all before coming here. Think about non-stop flight to Dhaka - 17 hrs !!!

2. The hot and humid weather is completely unsuitable for the Aussie players.

3. Despite the assurance from BD government to give Aussie team full security, each and every player is constantly carrying the fear of getting attacked by JMB extremist. This has hampered their natural playing capability a lot.

FYI, I am not dreaming anymore. At worst, this will be a drawn game for BD, at best BD will win it inshaallah.

I will be here after the game is over. See ya.

Ahsan
April 10, 2006, 10:49 AM
What a fan this AussieFan is! We got lot to learn from him, especially on those days Tigers got on reel ;) Who cares now, anyway. don't have much time when savouring the glory.

shimraj
April 10, 2006, 11:24 AM
What a fan this AussieFan is! We got lot to learn from him, especially on those days Tigers got on reel ;) Who cares now, anyway. don't have much time when savouring the glory.

I think I know who this AussieFan is. He is all along a die hard Tiger fan and laughing his head off at each reply to his postings. :)

ottawaGuy
April 10, 2006, 12:52 PM
Let us not fuss anymore about who wins or who doesn't, instead focus on stats. Assuming worst case scenario, the highest 7th wicket partnership for the Aussies vs BD is a 64(Lee and S. Waugh). But hey, this partnership between gilchrist and Lee has already gone to 52, so they only have 12 more to score. No no, but the that way the result is too obvious. Lets take another approach.The highest runs gilchrist has EVER scored is a 204. 204-51 = 157 ..that'l take the aussie score to around 300. But lets not forget, thats the HIGHEST it possibly can go. so now BD leads by 127 runs. Again, worst case scenario, BD scores 97(lowest score against Aus.). Leaving australia with around 220 to get. So i'l leave it to you fella's to decide. 220 on the worst batting track possible from a depleted aussie side. And thats, ASUMING a miracle happens in their favour.
You still think we can lose? =)

But then again, our BD side is well known for doing the impossible and lose.
i just have this feeling they've learned their lesson

(Stats were obtained from cricinfo.)

Miraz
April 10, 2006, 12:59 PM
We should all keep in mind cricket is not a game of prediction. It has to be played on the field and you have to take into account what happened so far.. and accordingly decide which team has got better possibility to win the match. No point thinking aussies have beaten Srilanka and Srilanka have beaten BD so aussies will be comfortably beat BD.

Fact is BD is dominating in this match and so far is much better outfit in all departments. At the end of the day, better outfit will dominate and win..

Now its the challenge for BD to keep the pressure on and if they can, BD will win the match despite all previous equations and hypes

ialbd
April 10, 2006, 03:45 PM

achha fwullah je mohila eita ei bhodrolok janlen ki bhabe? fwullahr profileo to ei jatio kisu dekhlamna..... boroi shondehojonok.....

jaihok puro bishoy tay kemon jani ekta dui nombori bhaab ase....

P.S: ichcha koriai banglish e likhilam
________
NSR150SP/RR (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_NSR150SP/RR)

Hasib
April 10, 2006, 05:41 PM
Alright guys this guy is just playing with us lol :)

Carte Blanche
April 10, 2006, 05:55 PM
AussieFan has a Sri Lankan host. Either he is an Aussie expat living in SL, or more likely a Sri Lankan pretending to be Aussie to stir things up.

TheWatcher
April 10, 2006, 06:23 PM
Is not Hukkaram also from Lanka ?

reverse_swing
April 10, 2006, 06:27 PM
Is not Hukkaram also from Lanka ?
Both are from Lanka.

cricket_pagol
April 10, 2006, 06:52 PM
I say don't pay too much attention to kid from lanka... he trying to play pranks with us. hkooraham is a funny nic though

ammark
April 10, 2006, 07:14 PM
I say don't pay too much attention to kid from lanka... he trying to play pranks with us. hkooraham is a funny nic though

yes very much like maharookh in my mind. Honestly, this is a test match... it has too many variables to predict winners so early. Doesnt beat the fact that we're playing AWESOME, and so far we've dominated and "b****slapped" Aus! :rolleyes:

SMHasan
April 10, 2006, 07:18 PM
Whatever people says dosnt matter at all. We need to play well and pick up the rest of the wicket asap today.Thats it.

fai_hasan
April 10, 2006, 07:55 PM

I assume you are just a novice and don't know much about cricket like a street cricketer. Listen Aussie boy, you have to fight well to win. This is Bengal tiger, not a Dunky that you can make fool off.

Buy some Carrots, you might need to eat to continue the game.:cool:

BappyHayat
April 10, 2006, 08:36 PM
Guys let's give Aussie Fan a break, he might have too many Drinks and faced RBT (random breath test), so its OK if he is ANNOYED

Anyway, lets wait till the end of this test and I'm sure Aussie Fan needs another cartons of Beer to eat up his words/comments within this threads

But I have to appreciate Aussie Fan for his encourage - CHEERS MATE

Mods/Admins, Can we please pause this thread till this Test ends, this thread is (or definitely will be) turning into a violent thread, as we have to respect other peoples "Freedom to Speak" (whether he has no "what so ever" idea on cricket)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Da Respect!!

IanW
April 10, 2006, 08:46 PM
I assume you are just a novice and don't know much about cricket like a street cricketer. Listen Aussie boy, you have to fight well to win. This is Bengal tiger, not a Dunky that you can make fool off.

I dunno. Their have been some damn tough and determined donkeys.

I'm remembering one that used to hang out with a bloke called Simpson.

Ian Whitchurch

Mr-Cricket
April 10, 2006, 08:56 PM
I'm sure you guys would have read Rabeed Imam's article on Cricinfo by now, but I'll just include the last paragraph here - I loved it!:

"They are enjoying the situation out there and if they continue to enjoy it for the next few days, that would bring success," said Dav Whatmore, the Tigers coach, when asked whether the players were feeling any pressure with Australia in such a corner. The sponsors for the series have brought in a tiger and a kangaroo puppet to mock around the ground and give enjoyment to the fans. In the real world a kangaroo is no match for the Royal Bengal Tiger. For the past 48 hours, Whatmore's Tigers have maintained that balance of nature. "

Brings a tear to my eye! Oh and the front page of todays Daily Telegraph reads: "Pathetic." Needless to say, in reference to Australia's, no doubt, pathetic showing over the last two days!

KizRAV
April 11, 2006, 02:56 AM
That aussie fan doesnt speak 4 all us australians. Im australian and i love the fact that bangladesh is not only going well but winning. And from other australians i know they all say the same thing " it's not good that australia r losing but it's really good 4 the game.
Go bangladesh i hope they win

Dhurr
April 11, 2006, 03:01 AM

Well said.

Dhurr
April 11, 2006, 03:08 AM
achha fwullah je mohila eita ei bhodrolok janlen ki bhabe? fwullahr profileo to ei jatio kisu dekhlamna..... boroi shondehojonok.....

jaihok puro bishoy tay kemon jani ekta dui nombori bhaab ase....

P.S: ichcha koriai banglish e likhilam

Ei bhodrolok bangali. Khali khali amader ke jalatese. Ami sure mod der keo keo eita jane, kintu ora o moja kortese. :p

Baundule
April 11, 2006, 03:52 AM
I predicted hukkaram's presence lot earlier.
He is the only kid able to speak in this way;)

Dhurr
April 11, 2006, 03:59 AM
Na re bhai. Onar kotha barta tamuk kha er moto na. Amar dharona uni kono ekjon bangali, kintu shobai ke khepanor jonne ei nam nisen.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 10:25 AM
4th day win is possible, if enam and rafique gets in a groove.

AussieFan
April 11, 2006, 10:53 PM
AussieFan has a Sri Lankan host. Either he is an Aussie expat living in SL, or more likely a Sri Lankan pretending to be Aussie to stir things up.

I am pretty amused by this stuff about a Sri Lankan host and some Hookram !

And I am surprised that a moderator here has stooped so low as to publish that I have a Sri Lankan host. Mr. Moderator, you should know better than that. My details could be checked by you guys - that is OK - but you should not make it public. Also, you should know that there are Australians living in this part of the world.

Yes, I do follow Sri Lankan cricket too as I am here. I am involved in the administration of a cricket school, on a two-year contract. Having been to some of their domestic matches, I am pretty much impressed. That is by the way.

You guys get flustered when opposing views published. Yes, there are Australians or an Australian here who posts stuff which are essentially pro-Bangladeshi. What I am doing is much harder - being an Australian, supporting Australia, in spite of all the brickbats.

After all, I am doing what most people are doing here. Supporting one's own country. The Bangladeshis support Bangladesh and I Australia. So we do the same thing.

And back to my prediction. Looks like part of it might not come right - that is winning on the fourth day. But Australia will win this !

IanW
April 11, 2006, 11:03 PM

And back to my prediction. Looks like part of it might not come right - that is winning on the fourth day. But Australia will win this !

Nope. If Australia are batting on day 5, the target is too great for them to get.

An Australian win requires 5 quick wickets, a target of less than 320, and cracking the morale of the Bangladeshi bowlers.

I dont think these things are going to happen.

Ian Whitchurch

AussieFan
April 11, 2006, 11:09 PM

Ian Whitchurch

Ha haa !!! There you are ! I've brought you down from that pedestal, where you were sounding like a cool, calm, gentleman, loved by Bangladeshis for your well calculated pro-Bangladeshi comments. Now you are talking of donkeys. After all, one would know of its own species !

Come, enjoy the mud-wrestling now mate.

hkooraham
April 11, 2006, 11:13 PM
I will stay our of this crap anyway.

Bangladesh IS winnig. I wouldn't want to spoit the fun.

hkooraham
April 11, 2006, 11:24 PM
Both are from Lanka.

Moderator-ji !

I work for a hotel in Maldives, managed by a major Sri Lankan company. So we are on their wide area network. Naturally I will have a Sri Lankan host.

But I feel proud ji ! First you thought I was poor Maharookh ! Give that poor guy a break, yaar ? Now he doesn't post much, yaar ?

Then you think Im Aussy Fan.

Keep on guessing ji.

Hold on, moderator-ji. You're a moderator, yaar ? Are you supposed to post details of members here ? That is very naughty now, isn't it?

Mr-khan
April 12, 2006, 12:27 AM
I predicted hukkaram's presence lot earlier.
He is the only kid able to speak in this way;)
Right.a dog's tail will never straighten;)

Spitfire_x86
April 12, 2006, 01:10 AM
An Australian win requires 5 quick wickets, a target of less than 320, and cracking the morale of the Bangladeshi bowlers.

I dont think these things are going to happen.
Well, two of these already happened and the third one is in the process of happening :(

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:18 AM
Bangladesh is still on top of the match. If aussies can manage to reach 150 without losing 1 0r 2 wicket, only then they have got a real chance winning the match.

We had only two overs from our spinners, what at the end of the day should be around 50 over and that 50 over from two spinners will determine the fate of the match.

Keep one thing in mind its not easy to deal spin on a 4th day pitch in sub continent.

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 01:19 AM
Well, two of these already happened and the third one is in the process of happening :(

You are right, Spitfire.

I will not post much in this thread until the match is over as even IanW seems to have lost his usual cool here. I see this hookram or somebody is banned too !

What I said was what I firmly believed in. I love australia as much as you guys love your country. We are doin' the same thing, mates,cheering one's country. I chose this forum to do it as this bseter than any other and it is fun to do it amongst Bangladeshis. Nice competitive feeling.

One thing might not happen though. The bowling is a bit too tight for the Aussies to hit out. So they'll take it easy.

The Aussies will anyway, but on the fifth day. I am not completely eliminating the fourth though.

AussieFan
April 12, 2006, 01:22 AM
That aussie fan doesnt speak 4 all us australians. Im australian and i love the fact that bangladesh is not only going well but winning. And from other australians i know they all say the same thing " it's not good that australia r losing but it's really good 4 the game.
Go bangladesh i hope they win

I speak for myself and Australia. :)

KizRAV
April 12, 2006, 01:43 AM
u dont speak 4 all of australia, and maybe australia will win, but it doesnt mean u have to say bad things about bangladesh players on a bangladesh cricket site, u can be cocky without being mean

Tintin
April 12, 2006, 02:01 AM
Don't feed trolls (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm)

(as self)

ANTIGER
April 12, 2006, 04:55 AM
Don't feed trolls (http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/warriorshtm/troller.htm)

(as self)

Hey what kinda moderator are you callin' people names ?

You can't face facts, Mr. Moderator ?

ammark
April 12, 2006, 07:02 AM
Errr... what facts? Fourth Day's over! :O

Sovik
April 12, 2006, 07:08 AM
we are on day five and there is a lot to do for the both teams

6alltheway
April 12, 2006, 07:56 AM
End of 4th day: Test match still in play.

Fact: Aussiefan you were wrong.

AussieFan
April 16, 2006, 10:14 PM
Well done Bangladesh for taking the match to the post-lunch session on the fifth day of the first test. And it was only a three-wicket win.

So, to that extent my prediction was wrong.

Congratulations too, to all of you who said I would be wrong.

Anyway, what makes me happy was that I was dead sure at every stage of the match that the Aussies would definitely bounce back and win the match. At some stages, no one thought so and I was completely alone in my thinking. I stuck by my team and I was really glad to see the Aussies showing why they were No. 1, coming back from a 'hopeless' situation to win the test.

Very Well Done Australia ! You richly deserved to win. You will win the second test very easily.

And IanW, so much for your calm analysis of crap balls etc. Bangladesh was riding the wave of one magnificent stand between Bashar and Shahriar Nafees. After that they were losing the initative with only Saleh and Rafique trying to claw back.

ammark
April 17, 2006, 01:16 AM
Thank you, AussieFan for gracefully accepting your error. Thank you for all your criticism, and pointing out our team's faults and weaknesses. We at the forums are always doing so ourselves too, and you're welcome to join us with constructive comments. However, you really should be less confrontational. It isnt going to earn you any respect.

Mr-Cricket
April 17, 2006, 02:33 AM
Ha haa !!! There you are ! I've brought you down from that pedestal, where you were sounding like a cool, calm, gentleman, loved by Bangladeshis for your well calculated pro-Bangladeshi comments. Now you are talking of donkeys. After all, one would know of its own species !

Come, enjoy the mud-wrestling now mate.
Mate, you may want to do some research before you jump to conclusions like that. Ian's comments were made in jest, not in anger! The tale of Simpson & his Donkey is actually a very well known Australian story of a soldier who rescued wounded men in Gallipoli with his "damn tough and determined donkey" - the story has been told to successive generations of schoolchildren since WW1. And you call yourself Australian!

*Shakes head in disgust!* :D

AussieFan
April 17, 2006, 05:53 AM
Mate, you may want to do some research before you jump to conclusions like that. Ian's comments were made in jest, not in anger! The tale of Simpson & his Donkey is actually a very well known Australian story of a soldier who rescued wounded men in Gallipoli with his "damn tough and determined donkey" - the story has been told to successive generations of schoolchildren since WW1. And you call yourself Australian!

*Shakes head in disgust!* :D
:) Forget the story told to school children. That was an indirect and cowardly way of calling a person a donkey...and there's no need for your adivce.

Daddy_Mac
April 17, 2006, 10:26 AM
Don't worry cause the rain will take the game to fifth day...
Although I am not too sure about the innings defeat though..!?!

Mr-Cricket
April 18, 2006, 10:55 AM
:) Forget the story told to school children. That was an indirect and cowardly way of calling a person a donkey...and there's no need for your adivce.

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-BOTTOM-WIDTH: 1px; BORDER-RIGHT-WIDTH: 1px">Originally Posted by fai_hasan

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<!-- END TEMPLATE: bbcode_quote -->

Ian Whitchurch

>So how exactly were Ian's comments insulting? :confused: