PDA

View Full Version : Things that have to happen to make Bangaldesh win ?

BD_Ashraful
April 10, 2006, 07:32 AM
Bowl out aus for 180 or less
Nafess,Bashar,Saleh,Ashraful,Omar, 3 off them have to prob make 50
Bat well and set a total of 350 +
in aus 2 innings bowl well and field well (no drop catches)

I have seen aus chasing 350+ on the four and fifth day. So Bangaldesh supporters pray

i am praying hard

Omio
April 10, 2006, 07:37 AM
Pray to Almighty Allah..
We have a good possibility to win this match.
We have to take all the chance.
No catch miss
No loss shot
this will b the fact.

imran78
April 10, 2006, 07:41 AM
2nd innings will be the decider. BD has almost always collapsed for low scores in the 2nd innings. no matter how much aus scores in the 1st innings, BD has to come up with a big score in the 2nd innings to have a chance of winning. if they collapse again then it will be the same old story. close, but not close enough.

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 07:43 AM
Gilchrist and Lee's effort are taking the follow-on advantage away from us. We need to get them all-out by 200-220 so that we have 200 odd runs lead. Looking at the current conditions, wicket will be turning and very slow, and as usual you can expect a collapse in BD's batting. If BD can manage 200 runs and prolong the innings to tea, Aussies will have a big total to chase! Fingers X

Rubu
April 10, 2006, 07:47 AM
1. Bundle them out below 200.
2. Do not enforce follow on and bat as quickly as possible without loosing wicket.
3. Add another 200 to the total.
4. Give assuie at least 5 sessions to bat.
5. Pray.

By the way, even if we do not make it at the end, it is already a good answer for ponting and warne's comments.

Did warne was trying to prove a point that he does not have appetite for cheap wickets?

layperson
April 10, 2006, 10:38 AM
i agree with Rubu tht BD shud not enforce the follow on .. bcoz it seems it will get tougher to bat as the match progresses nd it will be wise to hv the aussies bat last.... provided we can bundle them out bfore they go out of hand... i think the wicket of gilcrist is the key ... this guy is nice person ... does not alk trash like most of his teammates.... nd is one of the most incredible batsman i hv seen in cricket.... he can take the game away frm BD single handedly .... if we get him early tomorrow then we r in ..i think we shud bowl the spinners to gilcrist since he is very good against the fast bowlers.... might be susceptible to spin ...another imp factor is we hv to change our habit of folding our second innings without a fight .... tht i feel is the second most imp factor after gilly's wicket... if we can set up a good total like 300 plus for the aussies to chase ... then in this wicket it will be a tight match ... nd if the total is beyong 400 then the aussies will lose or the match will end in draw ... no way BD can lose frm then on.... but this is all based on ifs nd buts.... i just pray tht the tigers keep up the good work for the next three days ... nd then after the match our journalists shud do a good job of grinding ponting nd warne .... on behalf of all the fans of BD cricket....

shimraj
April 10, 2006, 10:58 AM
As far as I know, they have to follow on if they can not score 83 more runs.
What do you mean by "do not enforce follow on"? Is it in BD's hand to unforce follow on if they fail to score 228?
I may be wrong, but what I know, the only way BD can unforce follow on is by letting them score 228 or more.
So my take is, let them follow on and then our bowlers have to do the ultimate job.
At worst, this will be a drawn game for BD, at best BD will win it inshaallah.

sensible
April 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
If Bangladesh wants, they can opt to bat the second innings even if Australia scores below 228, the follow on mark. I agree with Shahriar that Bangladesh should go ahead and bat for the second innings without enforcing the follow on rule. That way, we can give them a target close to 400 and that may bring all the good news for Bangladesh team and fans.

layperson
April 10, 2006, 11:04 AM
As far as I know, they have to follow on if they can not score 83 more runs.
What do you mean by "do not enforce follow on"? Is it in BD's hand to unforce follow on if they fail to score 228?
I may be wrong, but what I know, the only way BD can unforce follow on is by letting them score 228 or more.
So my take is, let them follow on and then our bowlers have to do the ultimate job.
At worst, this will be a drawn game for BD, at best BD will win it inshaallah.

no my friend it depends on the captain of the opposition team is he wants to enforce follow on ... like if aus r short of the follow on target .. then bashar decides whther aus shud bat again or not enforce follow on nd BD can bat .....thts y ppl r saying "not enforce follow on"

shimraj
April 10, 2006, 12:38 PM
no my friend it depends on the captain of the opposition team is he wants to enforce follow on ... like if aus r short of the follow on target .. then bashar decides whther aus shud bat again or not enforce follow on nd BD can bat .....thts y ppl r saying "not enforce follow on"

Thanks for the clarification.
Well in that I case, I think it's a good strategy.
I think at this point we should not get defensive. We have to go all aggressively for winning. In that case, we have to bundle them out at 200 or so before lunch. Bat for the rest of the day 3 and good part of day 4 to pile up 450+ lead. Take couple of quick wickets on the later part of day 4 and grill them on day 5 with twin prong spin attack, because pitch on later part of day4 and day5 will be spinners heaven.

ps. What happened to the server? It's dead slow. Sometimes I have to wait for half an hour to be able to post reply.