PDA

View Full Version : bangladesh will win this test match!!!

indian_bd_fan
April 10, 2006, 07:55 AM
bangladesh will win this test match. aus r struggling at 145/6 and bangladesh r killing aus.

also, i cant understand y so many ppl on other forums r going anti-bangladesh. when bangladesh was batting well, all blame was on the pitch being flat and now australia, turn up a 145/6 on the same pitch.

also, bangladesh were being written off despite making 355/5 on day 1, now suddenly bangladesh look like winning this test match comfortably.

also, well played to bangladesh.

and yes, i am the same 20 year old amit from new delhi, india.

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 08:03 AM
Thanx for your support & welcome to BanglaCricket. I know what you mean.. I'm just surprised to see that when BD performs bad everyone talks about stripping its test status off... now that we're doing good, everyone is against us.. Fortunately there's plenty of foreign supporters and well-wishers of BD.. I wonder how things will be in 5-10 years when BD becomes a more experienced and competitive team, may be a consistent winner also?

Carte Blanche
April 10, 2006, 08:06 AM
HB:

amit is a legendary member of Banglacricket. He now picks only the brightest moments of Bangladesh Cricket to grace this forum with his presence, albeit for involuntary reasons ;)

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 08:37 AM
or perhaps my ever-growing 'popularity' here makes him tense ;)

bharat
April 10, 2006, 08:56 AM
I was out of town for a few days ..and when I come back what do I see ...

Great work BD ...maul the Aussies ..maul them .

a win with a follow on will be an icing to the cake

AussieFan
April 10, 2006, 08:58 AM
Won't happen !

bhobishshot
April 10, 2006, 09:08 AM
Won't happen !
We will see how things turn out today.

thasan
April 10, 2006, 09:46 AM
oh, aussiefan, seems u r going to every thread and shouting the same old thingy...
IF it happens, i guess u will start telling that aussie players were involved in match fixing...
come on mate...be sporting, there is no shame to admit that things are looking bad for australia.
something from sydney morning herald for you:

Haque's second delivery was a ripper and it sailed straight past Michael Clarke's (19) bat and onto his off stump before Shane Warne (6) exited after having more lives than a lucky cat.
In more bad news for the Australians, fine weather is expected for the next three days.

Rubu
April 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
I really think though we should not enforce follow on, but for sure reduce them below 200.

We do not wanna bat on that pitch on the 4th innings do we? Also, we do not wanna hurt their ego, as that might be all they need to bounce back. so, get the last 4 wickets cheaply, but then be done with our batting before the pitch really breaks up.

nayef
April 10, 2006, 10:21 AM
spot on... a follow on would make it harder for our batsmen... rather we should score another 250 (i'm guessing we'll have a 200 buffer atleast) and them let them fight out the last couple of days against enamul and rafique!

this is so exciting!!

TheWatcher
April 10, 2006, 10:24 AM
I agree with Rubu, given the chance, we should not enforce the follow on. In this hot and humid condition, our bowlers have good chances to get injured if asked to bowl back to back two innings. Instead, we should tire Aussies further and then send them to bat on the fourth innings.

betaar
April 10, 2006, 10:41 AM
Won't happen !

With all your hopefull statements you prooved your consistency with your title, I will give you that. Ohhhh, and also that you are in a big denial mindset.........atleast at this stage of the match.

exotic
April 10, 2006, 10:48 AM
I agree with Rubu, given the chance, we should not enforce the follow on. In this hot and humid condition, our bowlers have good chances to get injured if asked to bowl back to back two innings. Instead, we should tire Aussies further and then send them to bat on the fourth innings.

Yeah, we shouldn't enforce the follow on (if we bowl them out below 227). And further tiring up aussie bowlers would also be helpful for the second test as it is not far away. If weather permits, we will definitely win this test inshallah. Go bangladesh go.

indian_bd_fan
April 10, 2006, 02:04 PM
i cant understand these things -

whenever bangladesh plays badly, there r talks of removing bangladesh test status and questions about bangladesh test status come up.

whenever bangladesh does well, it is bcoz of pitch being good for batting/bowling or bcoz of the fact that the opposition was not good or is declining. also, bangladeshs performance is called a fluke.

i do hope that with a bangladesh win in this test match, all anti-bangladesh mouths will shut up. most of them were shut up after the win against australia last year and a win in this test match will shut up the rest.

also, with a win in this test, it will mean that bangladesh would have taken just 6 years to register their 1st meaningful win, with bangladeshs 1st test win against zimbabwe "B" not counting as compared to 26 long years taken by new zealand.

Nocturnal
April 10, 2006, 02:32 PM
something from sydney morning herald for you:

Haque's second delivery was a ripper and it sailed straight past Michael Clarke's (19) bat and onto his off stump before Shane Warne (6) exited after having more lives than a lucky cat.
In more bad news for the Australians, fine weather is expected for the next three days.
:) Thanks God. I was so worried about the weather condition for next three days.

bangla_fan
April 10, 2006, 03:14 PM
Guys don't feel like that Bangladesh going to win because they got their 6 wicket by 145 runs. If you still think carefully Aus still have two to three experience batsman. Which are Grill crist which wicket keeper. He has 204 highest run in the test match. Also Bet Lee is one of the experience batsman too as well as rest of the AUS bowlers. We can't say nothing yet because of expecally Grill crist and Lee. I think over to night Aus have meeting about go back their regular performance. No matter what if Bangladeshi bowler can't out Lee and Grill theer will be big partnership between these two batsman. Good Luck to BD team. But please don't hope that BD will win because AUS is one of the best team in the world. They can anytime bring the match on their way. Which is we will see from Bet Lee and Grill crist partner ship.s Thanks guys

bharat
April 10, 2006, 03:20 PM
Guys don't feel like that Bangladesh going to win because they got their 6 wicket by 145 runs. If you still think carefully Aus still have two to three experience batsman. Which are Grill crist which wicket keeper. He has 204 highest run in the test match. Also Bet Lee is one of the experience batsman too as well as rest of the AUS bowlers. We can't say nothing yet because of expecally Grill crist and Lee. I think over to night Aus have meeting about go back their regular performance. No matter what if Bangladeshi bowler can't out Lee and Grill theer will be big partnership between these two batsman. Good Luck to BD team. But please don't hope that BD will win because AUS is one of the best team in the world. They can anytime bring the match on their way. Which is we will see from Bet Lee and Grill crist partner ship.s Thanks guys

What are you talking about !! .
Bret Lee is an experienced batsmen ..he is just a mug with the bat ..who can
use the long handle a bit ..( a la Harbachan at his best) ...Thank God you didnt say MacGill can bat too ..yes he can ..I guess but he bats badly !!

The only threat is Gilly ..but Gilly is going through a bad patch right now ...Bd should go for the kill !!

Hope the rain does not interviene ...Go BD GO

fai_hasan
April 10, 2006, 08:07 PM
Indian BD fan, what a funny nick.

Thanks for supporting Bangladesh. I know, many indians are supporting.

Please pray for us.