PDA

View Full Version : BD media questions to Aussies (Now AmarDesh Answers)

Beamer
April 10, 2006, 03:17 PM
I know some of the media types visit this forum from time to time. I would like to see if the likes of Rabeed Imam and co. ask some of these questions to the Aussie players after the end of the day press meet.

Q.1 : They already had McGill in the press conf yesterday and I was suprised that nobody asked him if his career best 8-108 was "cheap" wkts or not? Would somebody follow up on that?

Q.2 : What was the reasoning behind Australia going with five batsmen against their normal practice with six and Gilly at no.7? Did arrogance play any part behind that decision?

Carte Blanche
April 10, 2006, 03:25 PM
Don't you think it's a little early to be asking these? They haven't lost the match yet by any means. So the decision of going with 5 bowlers hasn't wholly backfired just yet. Besides it's fairly rude to undermine MacGill's feat by calling his scalps "cheap". We all know Warney's mouth > his ego > his tummy.

Our journalists need not stoop to that level. Not unless we manage to win anyway :) Oh btw, if we do win, it will be the Aussie journalists who will ask these questions, not ours :)

sar2005
April 10, 2006, 03:31 PM
Don't you think it's a little early to be asking these? They haven't lost the match yet by any means. So the decision of going with 5 bowlers hasn't wholly backfired just yet. Besides it's fairly rude to undermine MacGill's feat by calling his scalps "cheap". We all know Warney's mouth > his ego > his tummy.

Our journalists need not stoop to that level. Not unless we manage to win anyway :) Oh btw, if we do win, it will be the Aussie journalists who will ask these questions, not ours :)

very good point and absolutely agree.........Thumbs Up!!

betaar
April 10, 2006, 03:58 PM
I wish we had Muralli as a comentator while Warni was gettin' bi*** slapped all over the park. I am sure Muralli could add some excuses why Warne was not bowilng better then him against BD.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 10, 2006, 05:27 PM
I know some of the media types visit this forum from time to time. I would like to see if the likes of Rabeed Imam and co. ask some of these questions to the Aussie players after the end of the day press meet.

Q.1 : They already had McGill in the press conf yesterday and I was suprised that nobody asked him if his career best 8-108 was "cheap" wkts or not? Would somebody follow up on that?

Q.2 : What was the reasoning behind Australia going with five batsmen against their normal practice with six and Gilly at no.7? Did arrogance play any part behind that decision?

First question is probably valid but the second one is absurd. In subcontinent good batting teams such as India and Australia will use the option of having five bowlers because most if not all the pitches are batsman friendly and taking 5 bowlers gives more a chance to win so it doesn't surprise me that much that Australia chose to go with 5 bowlers other than the fact that they do have 4 capable match winning bowlers. But if you think about it the 5th bowler was probably Mcgill or Gilespie and in hindsight can you blame the selectors for their inclusion between the two they managed to clean up the whole Bangladeshi side?

reyme
April 10, 2006, 08:36 PM
No need to sink to a low by asking these questions :)
Last 5 wkts fell for 29 runs, do you think they were very expensive figure wise? McGill bolwed very well and deserves repect.
In this hot and humid weather, specially after the long SA tour, it is only prudent to play with 5 bowlers, as Shane got injured it did make more sense, now did it not? Without that extra bowler i.e, McGill, they could be in deep trouble!
Ponting already explained they had trouble with 3 (with 1 injury) bowlers in SA and they treated BD with respect by playing a full strength team.

zakirc
April 10, 2006, 09:55 PM
.... as Shane got injured ...

Shane got a habit of getting injured whenever he receives the spanking. :D

I remember such incedents against Srilanka, against India and vaguly remember a few similar case against other countries as well. Maybe some other BC member could help here with specifics.

Nasif
April 16, 2006, 12:29 AM
Guys this thread has been mentioned in newspaper Amader Desh (http://amardesh.u46.futurecrafts.com/sub_section.php?NewsID=16250&NewsType=bistarito):
ভালো লাগে ক্রিকেট সংক্রান্ত ওয়েবসাইট বাংলাক্রিকেটডটকম-এ ব্রাউজ করে। যেখানে প্রবাসী বাঙালীদের অংশগ্রহণই বেশি। বিশ্ব ক্রিকেটও এই সাইটের সদস্যদের কাছে গুরুত্ব পায়। তেব তাদের এক নম্বর আলোচ্য বিষয় ক্রকেট মাঠে বাংলাদেশ দল। সেখানেও হাবিবুল বাশারদের তীব্র সমালোচক আছেন। তবে আধিক্য বাংলাদেশ দলের একনিষ্ঠ সমর্থকদের। যারা দুঃসময়েও সমর্থন দেন বাংলাদেশ দলকে। এ কারণে তাদের ক্রিকেট জ্ঞান নিয়ে প্রশ্ন তুললে মারাত্মক ভুল করবেন। প্রায়ই এমনসব পরামর্শ দেন কেউ কেউ, যা দেখে মনে হতে পারে, তিনি ক্রিকেটের সঙ্গে সরাসরি জড়িত নন কেন? আর তারা বাংলাদেশের ক্রিকেটকে অনুসরণ করেন ছায়ার মতো। আগেই বলেছি, সিংহভাগই বিদেশে থাকেন। তাই টিভি কিংবা ইন্টারনেটে পত্রিকা পাঠই তাদের বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট সম্পর্কে জানার উৎস। তো, ক্যারিয়ার সেরা বোলিংয়ের পর স্টুয়ার্ট ম্যাকগিলের প্রেস কনফারেন্সের প্রতিবেদন পড়ে ওই ওয়েবসাইটের এক সদস্যের মন্তব্য, "বাংলাদেশের সাংবাদিকরা কি? ম্যাকগিলের পাওয়া সবগুলো উইকেট সস্তা কিনা, এটা কেউ-ই জিজ্ঞাসা করল না!" তার সংঙ্গী একবার মুত্তিয়া মুরালিধরনকে খোঁচা দিতে গিয়ে রক্তাক্ত কেরছিলেন বাংলাদেশেক। বলেছিলেন, "মুরালি অনেক সস্তা উইকেট পয়েছে।" বাংলাদেশ এবং জিম্বাবুয়ের বিরুদ্ধে পাওয়া মুরালির উইকেটগুলেকেই সস্তা বলেছিলেন ওয়ার্ন। তাই ম্যাকগিলকে ওই প্রশ্নটি করে ওয়ার্নের মন্তব্যকে কেন আসাড় এবং অযৌক্তিক প্রমাণ করলেন না, এই প্রশ্ন আমার কোনো সহকর্মী করেননি। তবে বাংলাদেশের পুরো সাংবাদিক মহলকে ওই প্রশ্নের সামনে দাঁড় করিয়েছেন ওই সভ্য। ভুল ধরিয়ে দেয়ার জন্য তাকে ধন্যবাদ।

Source >>: AmarDesh (http://amardesh.u46.futurecrafts.com/sub_section.php?NewsID=16250&NewsType=bistarito) (only works with IE)
Thanks to Billah for finding it out.

Sovik
April 16, 2006, 05:44 AM
i think what warne said wasn't completely wrong. bd batsman are cheap. no other batsman throws wickets so successfully as ashraful, aftab, bashar JO and Co. do. they are just pathetic example of test cricketers.

AsifTheManRahman
April 16, 2006, 07:17 AM
Guys this thread has been mentioned in newspaper Amader Desh (http://amardesh.u46.futurecrafts.com/sub_section.php?NewsID=16250&NewsType=bistarito):

wow!

well i think a valid and important question would be why bashar is so reluctant to attack with a new batsman on the crease, especially when the day is drawing to a close.

i would really like to know.

Sovik
April 16, 2006, 08:06 AM
beamer, you are a hero man. this is great stuff

Nasif
April 16, 2006, 10:20 AM
This whole thing just shows yet again that BC posts are read by all.

Thanks to Mr. Saiduzzaman for writing this piece.

sadi
April 18, 2006, 02:29 PM
The name of our favorite website is spreading real fast and I have already found an article in Amardesh where the writer talked about our site. Check this out:

http://amardesh.u46.futurecrafts.com/sub_section.php?NewsID=16680&NewsType=bistarito

Miraz
April 18, 2006, 02:42 PM
Fantastic. Now other sports reporters will also find interest to visit BC and in this way BC can be good source for information, inspiration and suggestion to Bangladesh Cricket. Thanks to the reporter of Amar Desh.

We are looking forward for those days when opinion in BC will be counted by every one including team management and players.

cricket_pagol
April 18, 2006, 03:27 PM
This is great... BC is taking over the world!!!

I would like to remind my fellow users that with great power comes great responsibilty.

DotBall
April 18, 2006, 07:33 PM

I think u know the asnwer already. We are #10 and they are #1; there is definately room for experiments.
Asking these questions will have any answer and more so we will be openning up a can of warm.