PDA

View Full Version : What's your prediction for this match?

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 03:47 PM
Whatever happens tomorrow and after, I hope to see a positive result for BD. Their brilliant performance have sent Aussies a good message how much we deserve to play this game, but it's not all over yet! BD are dominating the match so far but we also know Aussies are good at making comebacks.. It's only 3rd day and things could turn around completely.

So what do you think will be the outcome of this match? Will BD create history? or will we lose it all in the end?

sar2005
April 10, 2006, 03:52 PM
A BD win by 40+ runs (Ah! I am missing the fire and flag icon).

Hatebreed
April 10, 2006, 03:54 PM
BD has a great chance to win, or draw at worst.. We must go for the kill!

Rubu
April 10, 2006, 05:30 PM
I'll vote tomorrow. too hard to say anything today.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 10, 2006, 05:36 PM
Yeah I wish stupid Gilly was out my choice could have been easier then.

fai_hasan
April 10, 2006, 08:00 PM
I think the chances are now fifty fifty. If Australia avoids follow on, that what they must do, as Gilcrist continues. The first innings might end up in 247 or something. Then Bangladesh has to bat. This time McGill and Warne would show some magic. I don't know, always think of the worst.

Though i wish and pray, Bangladesh would win. This victory would give us the pleasure of conquering world cup.

Hatebreed
April 11, 2006, 07:36 AM
3rd day has ended pretty much the way I suspected.. Aussies have fought back and things aren't looking too well for Bangladesh.

Anything less than 350 lead is unacceptable, but scoring it won't be easy. It's up Rajin and Mashud to ensure our survival.

Let's hope for the best!

Rubu
April 11, 2006, 07:46 AM
Now, I can vote. It is going to be a win for Australia :(

Rabz
April 11, 2006, 07:49 AM
im still positive about our chances...
if we can manage to score another 60-100 runs...
even the aussies would find it very very hard to score runs on this 4th and 5th day test pitch...

Go Bangladesh

Hatebreed
April 11, 2006, 07:53 AM
C'mon Rubu be more positive... you never know what our bowlers might do, the pitch is full of traps!

SS
April 11, 2006, 08:15 AM
Disatorous second innings suicidal play by our ill fated batsmen ruined the greatest moment, what can u expect from BD sport

roi
April 11, 2006, 08:16 AM
I have mind that Bangladesh will be packed within 170 runs and something like 320+ will target for AUS....which they will chase down by 2wkts to spare on 5th day after launch.. ..But i really want to Bangladesh win this match with style.....:D

SS
April 11, 2006, 08:20 AM
No way Bd can win this match. It's over mates :(
Aussie will turn back on their second innings and will win by margins.

roi
April 11, 2006, 08:33 AM

Wel, still we have a handy 282 lead...and its not easy to play that much off runs.
Remember we bowled out them at 269.So not impossible and batting always a real tough thing in 4 th innings...They will be also in pressure...If they fail, not only loose the game but also their big mouth as wel.:p

By the way, i read in a indian site (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/www.cricbuzz.com) that dunguli is joining in kenyan team!:eek:

rafiq
April 11, 2006, 08:36 AM
Even if we give them a lead of 300, our bowlers have something to bowl at, the match goes into Day 5, and all our pre-match goals have already been met. So the team should loosen up a bit and take the attitude they can still win this game.

Miraz
April 11, 2006, 08:38 AM

Match is not yet over mate!

If we can score 50-60 more run with the reaining 5 wickets which I beleive will happen, then aussies have to score 340-350 run to win the atch in such a spinning track, it won't be easy to adjust. Mind my word except Gilchrist none of the batsman played for a while in this slow pitch to adapt to the slowness, so it will be again a testing time for them.

cricket_pagla
April 11, 2006, 08:57 AM
so close... yet seems so far away!..
2day BD batsman play awful.. n Aussi bowlers luk kinda furious 2day!.. so i hope n pray... RAJIN 2 get 60-70 n PILOT n RAFIQ giv necessary support n play dere natural game..

Sovik
April 11, 2006, 09:22 AM
we will win, and make ponting eat his words

sensible
April 11, 2006, 09:44 AM
Here is what we need:

1. Another 100 runs so that we set them a target close to 400.

2. An attitude for winning. In Australia's second innings, we have to have the mind set to win. If we want to win, we should set up an attacking field and be ready for boundaries to come. But if we become too defensive and try to save boundaries, we will increase our chance of losing!

Bangladesh lost so many tests. What's another one to the tally? I think we should go for the kill and be aggresive. If we lose, that would be another loss, to the world champions. But if we win......just think about it!!!!!

SS
April 11, 2006, 09:48 AM
Here is what we need:

1. Another 100 runs so that we set them a target close to 400.

2. An attitude for winning. In Australia's second innings, we have to have the mind set to win. If we want to win, we should set up an attacking field and be ready for boundaries to come. But if we become too defensive and try to save boundaries, we will increase our chance of losing!

Bangladesh lost so many tests. What's another one to the tally? I think we should go for the kill and be aggresive. If we lose, that would be another loss, to the world champions. But if we win......just think about it!!!!!

Another 100 or 10 ... i think u did typo..do u expect our tailenders to still do the job what our batsmen suppose to do. Idiots like Bashar,Aftab, and our precious smiley boy come model Ash then should do tailenders job and bowl. Pathetic batting, how can they do that.

2) Yea i guess as no hope for batting, lets play aggresive and score few runs 20-30 runs more. and i hope we can take it to fifth day.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 09:52 AM
I hate predictions.

sabbir ahmad
April 11, 2006, 10:12 AM
insaallaha bangladesh jitba

prasad
April 11, 2006, 10:26 AM
draw is out of the equation.bd has around 40:60 chances of winning.shud have finished the oz tail fast.

khalifa
April 11, 2006, 10:44 AM
This test has so far produced results beyond expectation for BD. Who are bashing BD's batting in 2nd inning, please look at the big picture and ask yourself did you imagine this situation even in your wildest dream - that we dominated this match for the first 2 days, that we still have a lead of 282 runs with 5 wickets in hand, etc. etc.?
My point is - we have already won this match, morally. Although I voted for an Aussie win, that's just for the record book (and in my heart I'm still expecting another great show from our cricketers)......

Ahmed_B
April 11, 2006, 11:22 AM
I'm afraid that it might very well be a win for the Aussies. Coppying my own post from another thread here:

Situations at the beginning of 4th day in terms of wickets in hand are exactly same as 2nd day -5 wickets down with Rajin+Pilot batting. But in terms of wicket conditions and match pressure... it's far worse.

Wicket was far better on 2nd day morning and Aussies were frustrated... yet BD could only bat for just over 1 session and add 62 runs. On a worse pitch and with aussies crawling back in the game... I will be surprised if they can add more than 60 runs this time.

I think BD can manage a lead of 320 runs at best. In that case.. they should try hard not to give Aussies more than 5 sessions to play for it. Even 320 runs in 5 sessions is not an impossible ask for the Aussies... but I'm afraid if Rafiq/Mash dont click this time (in batting)... BD can't manage a lead more than that... and if they give the Aussies more than 5 sessions of play... AUS probably gonna win through this match. They are already used to the wickets which they were not on 1st inning

sunnyctg
April 11, 2006, 12:37 PM
well i think bd gonna loose. bd's 2nd innings probably will finish tomorrow around launchtime.(may be before that) and aussies will have far more time...(like a day and half to reach a 300 something terget. And speaking from experience, Aussies are less likely to collapse like they did in the first innings, they just cant play bad two times in a row...they are australia! test should finish early morning before launch i say.

babubangla
April 11, 2006, 01:04 PM
Prediction for Day-4:
1-Hr. After Lunch: Bangladesh 188/10, Lead 346
2PM - 4PM: Play Stop due to Rain (Breesti-Breesti-Breesti, Aha Ki Oporup Sreesti !!)
Last 1-Hr. of Day-4: Australia 11/2

Prediction for Day-5:
I will Dream about that tomorrow.