PDA

View Full Version : This is what Bangladesh should do?

BD_Ashraful
April 11, 2006, 06:52 AM
bat tommorow til luch the score should be 220+ bat for 45 mins after lunch if wickets r in take. Then give them self 4 sessions to bowl aussies out.

Hatebreed
April 11, 2006, 07:10 AM
Easier said than done. We could be in a better position if Bashar wasn't dismissed by that ugly run-out or Aftab took the spinners more seriously.

Still, 282 lead over Aussies is a great achievement. Rajin is showing good temperment and if he and Mashud can add another 60-80 runs and tailenders play their part we can hope to reach 400 lead by lunch.

There's no room for error, it'll cost us the match, even a draw.

Spitfire_x86
April 11, 2006, 07:19 AM
Draw is practically impossible. There will be a result in this match. To turn the result in our favor, Rajin must carry on and Pilot must get a good score which has been long due.

350 is the minimum requirement. Australia successfully chased 292 few days ago.

Rubu
April 11, 2006, 07:35 AM
Yes, draw is not possible anymore. And I'm not comfortable with anything below 400 lead. I hate to admit, we are unlikely to win this one :(

Its all depends on Rajin and Pilot though. Weird that these are the same two overnight batsman in the first innings. I just hope rajin can keep his form tomorrow and play a very sinsible innings.

tas
April 11, 2006, 07:48 AM
We're going to struggle to get many if we los an early wicket tomorrow. Rafique looked all at sea in the 1st inns so we can call him for all intensive purposes a tail ender rather than an allrounder.

282 lead at the moment. We need at least 320 to hopefull place the Aussies under plenty of pressure. Lead of 300+ is a big MENTAL barrier than anything else

Rabz
April 11, 2006, 07:53 AM
i was really upset to see the way bashar got out...
that was the difference between our win and loss in this test match...
...bashar single handedly killed it.......(im missin those icons too)....

had he not got out that moment..things COULD have bn a whole different thing...as rajin is still there...rock solid....only and only if ....

ash was unlucky to be given out on that ball....it was clearly going down the leg side.....

and what was aftab doin after the hard work...man im pissed on him too...
couldnt he wait 10 more balls to go for the hit ?? the game was over roughly after 2 overs he got out...

damn.....thats how u see ur dreams been broken...

Hatebreed
April 11, 2006, 08:06 AM
Both Bashar and Aftab's dismissals on both innings were disappointing and costing us the match unless Rajin/Mashud can hold out.

Nasif
April 11, 2006, 08:14 AM
We made the job harder. Now all rests on mostly Rajin and Pilot. Lead must be 370+ to have any chance at winning. No matter what, there will be result. Question is which way will it go..

SS
April 11, 2006, 08:37 AM
They should hang themselves(especially Bashar,Ash,aftab) in Banyan tree and then realize what to do in second innings batting.

Sovik
April 11, 2006, 08:41 AM
i was disgusted to see bashar's out, he and aftab threw their wickets in both innings. and i am sick of ashraful's performance. he comes at the time when we are 2 or 3 down and plays a horrible shot to get out

Miraz
April 11, 2006, 08:42 AM
Well friends, lets keep the finger crossed, we have produced some brilliant performance and we can do it again. Australia wil struggle in this slow wicket. Anything above 300 will be a winning target. We just need to bowl properly and utilize the situation.

I think we will end with a lead of around 340.

rafiq
April 11, 2006, 08:48 AM
We all have the fear the tail won't last past lunch. I'd like to see some aggression and more runs on the board while we have a few wickets left...each run counts.

6n4
April 11, 2006, 08:50 AM
i think anything above of 350 will confirm bd's win cuz for this pitch the ball will keep lowest with uneven bounce on the fourth and fifth day..so it won't be easy for any team of the world to go for big shots...now if bd could pick up early wickets , i think the pressure will build up on aussie's sidee...which will eventually give us at least draw if they're tail enders put up a good show like they did in the first innings...
remember batting in the 4th innings..is the hardest job in test cricket for any test playing nation..

6n4

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 08:58 AM
batting till lunch tomorrow would be hard. If they can that would be fantastic. Major error on the thread is then australia would have 5 sessions to reach it not 4.