PDA

View Full Version : Rajin Saleh

pilot fan
April 11, 2006, 06:58 AM
i do not think i have ever been more pleased and proud with bangladeshi performace, he played fantastic today, we were collaspsing and we needed someone to put there hand up and fight for the team and he did this

tomorrow he needs to bat through the innings till we make about 350 and then we have a big chance as long as we get a couple of early wicket with the new bal

Spitfire_x86
April 11, 2006, 07:01 AM
Rajin did very well indeed.

Pilot needs to contribute, too. It has been a long time since he made a good score.

Ejaj
April 11, 2006, 07:01 AM
Well we are nother 70 runs away from 350. i really hope.. rajin could stay till the end. Anyting over 350 will be taken graciously. Althoguh. I would have been much happy .. if we could have given a chase of 400+ in the 2nd innings. 350.. still isnt that big for Aussie comparing the attack of BD. Nonetheless........ I wil hope for atleast 350 tomorrow.

Ejaj
April 11, 2006, 07:03 AM
Rajin had been an excellent model to play test cricket. he should never ve dropped from our test side. He plays completely straight adn with cool head. Aftab.. ont he contrary.. played supid again inthe 2nd innings. its a pity that .. batsman of his calibre is doing such stupid things again and again.

Hatebreed
April 11, 2006, 07:16 AM
Rajin has been very resilient. If he and Mashud can add 60+ to the score, things may look up again.

Baundule
April 11, 2006, 07:18 AM
It is Rajin saleh. Please adjust the name.
I am not a fan of Rajin. But he has shown his tempearment. Great stuff!

Rabz
April 11, 2006, 07:46 AM
rajin has been rock solid throught the whole test match....
i think he is our perfect no 4 batsmen....
great goin...all our hopes circles around him tomorrow...

i hope he makes a deserving hundred tomorrow..given that he doesnt run outta partners...

Rubu
April 11, 2006, 07:51 AM
Been a fan of Rajin since the Pak tour. Good to see he is back in what i thought he was: fighter. But I do not think dropping him was too bad of an idea. He was not doing good, and for fighters dropping for bad performance actually fuels up their desire to do good. A person with work ethics like him won't stay out of form for long. I just hope he can do something tomorrow to make us all proud.

GO RAJIN>>>>>>

AsifTheManRahman
April 11, 2006, 08:23 AM
i was against picking rajin for the squad for this test - i was for trying him out in the odi's a bit more first to see if he's actually ready for quality music.

but he's impressed, and i think we have a solution for number 4.

sadi
April 11, 2006, 08:28 AM
well done rajin

sadi
April 11, 2006, 08:28 AM
He played really well and showed lots of determination and heart... aftab didn't play that bad either but he just gave it up after doing all the hard work... if rajin and pilot can give us a partnership tomorrow, then we will definately go over 350 cuz we still ahve rafique and mashrafee

Hasib
April 11, 2006, 08:29 AM
all they need to do is defend defend defend and pick up the odd run and boundary that way inshallah we may put up a defendable target

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 09:06 AM
Rajin worked hard for a recall and reaping benefit. Ash got it easy on a golden platter. Since the next test series is not within one year time, Ash will be saved again by default. I am missing Pagol-chagol bhai. I love his comment on Eid and Ash. Both a treat for twice a year.

yaseer
April 11, 2006, 09:11 AM
I am very very impressed with Rajin.......he looked soooooo dedicated.....

exotic
April 11, 2006, 09:22 AM
Rajin was awesome in this match. When I first saw this lad, I told one of my friend that he will be our first batsman to maintain an average over 40 in tests, I hope he proves me right, given that he has age in his favor. I always believed he is more effective for tests than ODIs, but I am also pleased to see the way he is playing in ODI at the moment.

Talking about sheet anchor role in our team (no offence to JO or Pilot, they all are our asset), I think Rajin has every potential to play that role for bangladesh. Till today he has played almost 79 balls per innings and 149 ball per match.

I hope tomorrow Rajin and Pilot both will show their sheer determination to stay at the crease and extend the lead beyond 350, and aussie innings will be taken care by Rafiq, Enamul and Masrafee. We have waited for such moment for so long now, I hope one or two bad session will not spoil our party (considering our boys hard work for two and half days, literally we have truely dominated in those sessions). Inshallah we will win this match.

cricket_pagol
April 11, 2006, 10:03 AM
Rajin has been really impressive... his dedication and fighting spirit should be a role model for other players. He has been refreshingly calm and composed, always playing with straight bat and taking no unnecessary risk.

I think it was good that Rajin was dropped before he was not scoring runs at all and looked very tentative. I would like to give credit to Dav for handling him and Alok properly... Both of them seems to have turned the corner after a series of poor of performance.

In context of this match, Rajin needs to stay till the end of BD innings, only then can this test match be saved.

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 10:06 AM
I posted this a few days ago, but didn't really get a response - I think it's worth considering, now that we're on the topic!

" Does anyone know why it took Saleh this long to break back into the first team? I mean clearly he's talented, and he has about 2500 first class runs to his name at an average of over 35 (One of the best first class averages of any player in his generation - Comparable even to Bashar) He's got 4 Test 50's, and another 6 scores between 40-49! I'm baffled! But hey, maybe thats just me! "

Mon
April 11, 2006, 10:35 AM
Eto patiently ekjon Bangla player kehletay pary kolponai korar jaina.
good job.

aosaif
April 11, 2006, 10:40 AM
Don't wanna jinx him, but his defence is solid. Kind of like our own version of "the wall"

Ahmed_B
April 11, 2006, 11:00 AM
Reading through some of the posts here... I can guess that some of you are watching Rajin play like this in test matches for the first time. Actually... Rajins was the found star in the Pakistan tests where he was highly impressive for his gritty-stubborn performance annoying the whole PAK team. :)

For some time... that Rajin was missing... and now he is back just at the right time for BD! :up:

betaar
April 11, 2006, 05:01 PM
The problem is for every Rajin we have an Atab, but wait a minute.......is that really a problem?

I mean if Aftab can be a little more careful then he could be our Gily with his hard hitting ability. I think he needs to come after Pilot and Rajin is perfect where he is.

Good going Rajin...........keep it straight....I mean your bat.

aosaif
April 11, 2006, 05:30 PM
Reading through some of the posts here... I can guess that some of you are watching Rajin play like this in test matches for the first time. Actually... Rajins was the found star in the Pakistan tests where he was highly impressive for his gritty-stubborn performance annoying the whole PAK team. :)

For some time... that Rajin was missing... and now he is back just at the right time for BD! :up:

No mate I knew this from a long time ago. I've been calling for his inclusion for ages. He can accelerate in the ODIs (e.g. against India) and he can be as stubborn as a bad acne on interview day!

arafath79
April 11, 2006, 05:41 PM
If Rajin ( still the most fine batsman with good foot work and good technique among the current Bangladeshi players) gets his fifty in the second innings then I have no doubt he will be in form and score so many runs consistently for himself and Bangladesh team in the rest of the games.

arafath79
April 11, 2006, 05:44 PM
Aftab is a good stroke maker but not suitable for test cricket !! Nafis Iqbal will be better choice than Aftab !!!

arafath79
April 11, 2006, 05:48 PM
:rolleyes: O Allah please help Bangladesh to take a lead of 380+ runs against Australia in second innings. :rolleyes:

aosaif
April 11, 2006, 05:50 PM
What I really don't like is people saying Rajin doesn't have the talent that Ashraful and Aftab have. Are you nuts? Staying 5 friggin hours at the crease is not talent? Then tell me what is talent? Attempting to WOW the crowd by Playing stupid shots near the end of a session with only a few overs to go? Rajins attitude, determination, grit, are all talents! (Hope I haven't jinxed him!)

arafath79
April 11, 2006, 05:54 PM

That sounds nice !! Rajin the wall like Dravid the wall!! :rolleyes:

Rubu
April 11, 2006, 06:22 PM
What I really don't like is people saying Rajin doesn't have the talent that Ashraful and Aftab have. Are you nuts? Staying 5 friggin hours at the crease is not talent? Then tell me what is talent? Attempting to WOW the crowd by Playing stupid shots near the end of a session with only a few overs to go? Rajins attitude, determination, grit, are all talents! (Hope I haven't jinxed him!)In terms of Bd fans, talent is synonymous to show off. How classy you look when you hit that cover drive or that hook (as if they brings in 8 runs each). You know what players I'm talking about.

ammark
April 11, 2006, 06:33 PM
You know what players I'm talking about.
Matthew Elliot? VVS Laxman? Dravid? Athar? Daryll Cullinan? Roshan Mahanama? Bidyut?

You're right, Golla and Rajin doesnt stand a chance!

al Furqaan
April 11, 2006, 06:58 PM
of course rajin is a talent...i have been one of the biggest rajin fans since day 1 of pak tour 2003.

but his is a different talent than ash or aftab...ash and aftab, people will pay money to watch them do their thing. rajin is just as valuable (more right now) but people won't pay to watch him.

perfect analogy is rajin:ash/aftab::dravid:tendulkar

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 08:58 PM
of course rajin is a talent...i have been one of the biggest rajin fans since day 1 of pak tour 2003.

but his is a different talent than ash or aftab...ash and aftab, people will pay money to watch them do their thing. rajin is just as valuable (more right now) but people won't pay to watch him.

perfect analogy is rajin:ash/aftab::dravid:tendulkar
Sorry, but I really don't think you could compare our Ashy to Tendulker! Vinod Kambli perhaps? (Rare talents that never saw their true potential) :D

PoorFan
April 11, 2006, 10:02 PM
That's why I have been saying for long to put Rajin 3rd in test batting line up, since our openers are too vulnerable ( both Iqbal, Nafees like to play stroke ) and Rajin may stop early collapse. And losing Bashar early is always great blow to BD bating.

Well done Rajin, hope he can keep it up today in such a crucial moment.

Sauron
April 11, 2006, 10:51 PM
Thumbs up for Rajin !!!