PDA

View Full Version : Prognosis

Cricket46
April 11, 2006, 09:25 AM
One thing is for sure Australia will not find it easy on 4<sup>th</sup> and 5<sup>th</sup> day turning tracks, even if the lead is about 300. Did you see the turn that Macgill was getting? And if we can extend the lead to anything above 350 I am very hopeful that the much awaited victory will come. We have quite a bit of runs on the board for a victory. The key will be to see if our players can sustain the pressure. Australia will do all that they can to get this match out of the way. If we can hold onto our nerves, we will win. Big teams often can bail themselves out at the high pressure situations. Our players have to believe that they can win and then just keep on mounting the pressure. A LOT will depend on Sumon. He has to attack, he has to back up the bowlers with appropriate field setting, change bowling and above all be positive.

I am more than happy already. I want to see the boys fighting all the way, just like they have been doing for 3 days. No matter what other people say, I could see them fight even in the second innings. Some people have said we did not perform well today. That is not true. You cannot be 355/5 or have Australia at 100/5 every innings. Let’s pinch ourselves and be practical. This is the best team in the world – by a distance, at that. Things happen, our players will be out one way or the other. We have 2 great fighters in Rajin and Mashud in the crease now. All that I want is for the team to try and bat on till lunch and in the process add around 70-80 runs. I don’t know if that will happen, because the Australians will give all that they have.
<o>:p</o>:p
I will be sad if we do not win but not at all upset, if I see the fighting spirit continuing till the end of the match. However, we will not be able to corner Australia anytime soon if we miss this opportunity. So better get prepared for a win – the team and us, the fans!

Mahmood
April 11, 2006, 09:30 AM
Australia is too strong to reach 350. We need 400.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 09:51 AM
My observation:
Australia is strong but also vulnerable. Their mentality is close to Ashraful (with the exception of hussey). They only know how to attack. If you see the ashes series or the SA'n series they go out with a bang. So they can not play defensive, better word for it is, they forgot how to play defensive cricket. Most recent 96/6 1st innings is in back of their minds. With pressure mounting they can collapse. With 5 sessions in hand a 350+ target, the medicine is to play defensive. Save the match first then try to win. Gilly is a fighter I am not sure if he can Keep the fight up for 4 long days at a streach. So the match will definitely go to a fifth day.

Now on our team:
To take the match to a fifth day, Rajin is the key. He need to stay calm as he showed today. We need a gillespie out of mash, lee out of rafique. Anything less than 350 will be leaving the door open for the aussies.

Cricket46
April 11, 2006, 09:59 AM
I agree cats_eye with your assessment. I don't know what will happen in the end, but they can suffocate under pressure.

nayef
April 11, 2006, 10:47 AM
deteriorating pitch... two world class spinners... against one of the worlds best batting line-ups ... this will turn out to be interesting... we simply need to buckle down and bat for 2 sessions tomorrow...

Aussies don't fall into any category, but we saw a few days back how India collapsed on their own backyard against Enland, chasing in the 4th innings. I'm sure if we can post a decent total, we r surely in with a chance.

Think abt it.. if we win this game.. then we r no way losing this series.. whatever happens in the next game! But, above all, we've shown everyone that we can fight it out against the best.. so i'll be happy with whatever the outcome of this game.

sadi
April 11, 2006, 10:53 AM
I am really hoping rajin and pilot comes up good tomorrow morning... couple of quick wickets tomorrow morning and we will be really in trouble... but if they can form a partnership and pass the first hour.... things will only get better for us.... Rajin looked as determined and solid as ever.... and I am expecting the same thing from pilot... just hang in there.... atleast for a session or two.... tomorrow will decide everything... Australia will have a hard time chasing 350 if Bashar can use our bowlers well.... Enamul and Rafiue is the key but need some early wkts from mashrafee and shahadat also..... keeping my fingers crossed...

sadi
April 11, 2006, 10:54 AM
I am really hoping rajin and pilot comes up good tomorrow morning... couple of quick wickets tomorrow morning and we will be really in trouble... but if they can form a partnership and pass the first hour.... things will only get better for us.... Rajin looked as determined and solid as ever.... and I am expecting the same thing from pilot... just hang in there.... atleast for a session or two.... tomorrow will decide everything... Australia will have a hard time chasing 350 if Bashar can use our bowlers well.... Enamul and Rafiue

Nasif
April 11, 2006, 11:03 AM
300 is not going to cut it, aus will come from behind and take it away. 350-370 is minimum to have the upper edge. Pilot or Rajin needs to come out and dig it in.