PDA

View Full Version : The 'Hawk Eye' bowling analysis tool

Ahmed_B
April 11, 2006, 11:43 AM
In some of the matches played in WI or England... I have seen the 'Hawk-eye' tool being used by TV broadcasters (probably ESPN) which looks to be a superb tool for analysing bowling lines/LBW calls/bowling consistencies.. etc. But in Asian matches... I never saw it. Is this tool/software completely patent to any of the TV broadcasters?

It gives great analysis of the bowling and it probably should be adopted by all TV broadcasters. Anyone knows details of this issue? Just curious.

fai_hasan
April 11, 2006, 11:47 AM
eita to star sports ke janano uchit. dekhen ora ki bole.

nayef
April 11, 2006, 01:38 PM
This article (http://www.sportandtechnology.com/features/0077.html) talks about the evolution of Hawk Eye.

Seems like it was created by this Englishman and the British broadcasters grabbed it. So there may be a case of who pays to show the Hawk Eye replays. The games in England r covered by the tele-network who introduced Hawk Eye in the first place, so when ESPN shows those games, they can use it.

prasad
April 11, 2006, 02:31 PM
star sports isnt spending too much on this tour.dont get me wrong,this series is not a money spinner.no one expected bd to play so well.how good is the market for cricket in bd?rates of ads....here in india it is around 1lakh to 2 lakh for indian series for 10 sec......not sure if is it for 10 sec or 30 sec.