PDA

View Full Version : Ash

pilot fan
April 11, 2006, 02:13 PM
please can we lay of ash for once as his critics are allready laying into him, he has got two very poor decisions in this match and we are saying that he trough away his wicket, why do we critisie him when he gets out every time, he is our best talent and we need to be fully behind him so he will be able to make good scores

on another note the umpiring today was terable, for both sides i thought lee was unlucky to be given out and ash and aftab were also very unlucky

sadi
April 11, 2006, 02:17 PM
aftab's out was plumb

Ejaj
April 11, 2006, 02:27 PM
Aftab's dismissal on both innings had been the worst kind. He attempted to slog when he was required to stay ilong and finish off the day. He really showed pathetic mind for being a test batsman. I really hope, he survives from Selectors' or Dav's anger about his deed. He might be facing same punishemtn as nafis Iqbal got. I really hope selectors give one more chance to this immensly talented batsman.

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 02:33 PM
When a batsmen is coming in as a second or 3rd down he is suppose to read the pitch see the bowling and play sensibly. In Test, 29 out of 28 balls, a partnership of 30 gives a team what? Nothing, zero, nada. If you don't understand this then you don't understand test cricket, simple as that. When a batsman plays well he is to be supported. Similarly when a batsmen plays bad one innings after another you want everybody to praise him? If this was a regular job, and he would have been fired long time back for his lack-lusture performance. How do you accept someone praising when he did nothing for the team? Forget about his outs. His approach was wrong from the moment he took the crease. Atleast Aftab's 29 gave the team a partnership. He is one of the senior most players in the team (game wise). I would not hesistate to throw his talent in the drain in a heart beat. We do not need talented player who don't understand the game at all. When we need him the most he flops.

Ar koto din talent diya dhuiya khaben?

rudro
April 11, 2006, 03:08 PM
Ar koto din talent diya dhuiya khaben?
এই কথাটাই আমি কাউকে বুঝাতে পারছিনা অনেক দিন থেকে। আশা করছি শাহরিয়ার নাফিসের এই ফর্ম আশ্রাফুলকে কিছুটা হলেও চাপের মধ্যে ফেলবে *াল কিছু করার।

sensible
April 11, 2006, 03:21 PM
I completely agree. Everyone keeps saying Ash is a really talented batsman. I don't have any doubts about his talent. But he doesn't do any justice to his talent. He tries to prove that he can be aggressive and play any bowling attack like "cheler hater moya". That costs his team dearly. That's why he needs to be reminded of duties as a team member. If we really want to talk about team Bangladesh, no one player can be forgiven again and again and again.

As far as Aftab goes, I think I was the only person said this before the match, when the team was selected (thread on BD 11 here). He also is a talented batsman. But he doesn't know how to play for the team. When his team needs him, you cannot count on him because of his excessive shot playing. Bashar does the same with his pull shot. But at least some times he delivers...like the first innings. But Ash and Aftab.....doesn't. At least most often than others.

ammark
April 11, 2006, 04:45 PM
I agree too with Cats_Eye too. Regardless of how he actually got out in both innings, he was playing like an idiot. He was banking more on luck than anything else. I know this might sound excessively harsh, but Ashraful in his little innings had the worst attitude. For the 28/29 odd balls he played, he couldve been out at least 5 times. Thats the LAST thing you need when you have 2 days of play left, and you've just lost your in-form opener and one-down batsman.

Aftab comparatively stuck in there and succumbed after a good number of deliveries were seen off. This is test cricket, runs off dazzling shots are secondary to keeping your wicket secure, esp. when you've got no limitation on the number of overs you'll face.

Its very ironic that in the tea break ESPN show, Whatmore was very serious and verging on using a "four-letter-word" when talking about the batsmen's silly shots that cost them their wickets. This time he ought to use it on the irresponsibility of JO, Bashar and Ash.. and perhaps Aftab too. This performance at this stage was VERY frustrating for me!

bop
April 11, 2006, 05:05 PM
Ash need to be dropped for a year. Look at Rajin
, he is playing very sensible. Rajin doesn’t have the talent as Ash does but he is far more reliable now then Ash ever was. To me Ash is nothing but a hype, beside the win against Aussie none of his century did any good. He is never there when the team needs him.

Mon
April 11, 2006, 05:06 PM
Aftab really dissapointed me with the following:
38.2 MacGill to Aftab Ahmed, OUT: gone! looping delivery, the one that
turns back in, Ahmed looking to slog it away gets hit on the pad
plumb in front of the stumps, umpire Aleem Dar takes his time but
in the end adjudicates in favour of the bowler

That was an unnecessary shot and Aftab Ahmed duly pays for the
lapse in concentration - Bangladesh five down.
Khaled Mashud is the next man in

madash
April 11, 2006, 05:19 PM
Ash need to be dropped for a year. Look at Rajin
, he is playing very sensible. Rajin doesn’t have the talent as Ash does but he is far more reliable now then Ash ever was. To me Ash is nothing but a hype, beside the win against Aussie none of his century did any good. He is never there when the team needs him.

exactly! lapse of concentration is the key word, my man. many might say that ash was unlucky into getting out, but what i say is that he should not even land in such a position to begin with where there could be doubts about him being out. its not like he is a lower order batsman, he is one of our main batsman and should pla sensibly.

aosaif
April 11, 2006, 05:24 PM
Stick with him for this series. I will not say anything until the series is over. Even Shahriar Nafees could be a flop in the next test.

Mon
April 11, 2006, 05:26 PM
yeah. it's very hard to comtemplate the mentality of these young players.
Ash would probably win the most unpredictable players award in the world.

bop
April 11, 2006, 05:44 PM
Problem with Ash is that every time he comes to bat he brings the attitude that he is Tendulkar and he will show the world that he can face any bowler in the world. In 2005 I think Tendulkar told him to play Ash his natural game. Unfortunately Ash is not wise enough to understand what that means. Even during Tendulkar’s prime he never came to field with a pre-meditated mind that he will score a century, rather he came, adopted the condition and then played his natural game. On the other hand, I think Ash make his mind before he wake up that “ today I will score the fastest century”. Even after five years if he doesn’t understand the game, I don’t think he ever will.

arafath79
April 11, 2006, 05:51 PM
Ashraful khelar somoy chinta kore Monalisar kotha!!! :confused: Shalare jayga moto ekta laathi diya thik kora dorkar .

arafath79
April 11, 2006, 05:52 PM
Ashraful shala eto gula test r ODI khele fello ekhono janena kon conditiona kibhabe batting korta hobe !! Hopeless !!!

sensible
April 11, 2006, 05:55 PM
yeah. it's very hard to comtemplate the mentality of these young players.
Ash would probably win the most unpredictable players award in the world.

Why do you say he is unpredictable? Everytime he scores a century, he plays like sh%t for the next 20 or so matches after that.....I think the wise thing to do with him is to drop him off the team right after he scores big....for at least 10 matches....

158*
April 11, 2006, 06:03 PM
Hi everyone, new to the forum. Ash is a young cricketer who is full of talent but is also full of confidence, maybe too much. Only time in the crease and getting out by making bad decisions will help him to learn play patiently and establish an innings. Even if you look at his 158 not out against India, that was scored in just 194 balls, a VERY fast century 1/2 in Test cricket. When he learns that he can block balls and leave balls and only play smart shots then he will go from strength to strength and make good scores. He's had a baptism of fire in international cricket, if you give him time, he will learn. I for one am looking forward to him being in the team for the next few years.

Special 1
April 11, 2006, 06:29 PM
Kick ASh ouT? He has played 5 innings since he scored that century against Sri Lanka, and I believe he was unlucky to get out in a couple of them. He is the only player in our team who looks confident and comfortable playing any bowler from any other team. Although he is inconsistent, we cannot afford to leave him out of the team. Who do you plan to replace ashraful with? With ashraful in we have a bigger chance of winning a match then if he is not around.

Mon
April 11, 2006, 06:54 PM
Why do you say he is unpredictable? Everytime he scores a century, he plays like sh%t for the next 20 or so matches after that.....I think the wise thing to do with him is to drop him off the team right after he scores big....for at least 10 matches....

haha. nice
:)

SMHasan
April 11, 2006, 07:06 PM
To all Ash bashar- did you look at both of his dismisals in this test? Those were wrong decisions. Its true he played like a mad batter but the decisions were wrong thats for sure. So stay with our players please.

Mon
April 11, 2006, 07:20 PM
this is exactly what he needs: lots of ridicule/bashing/criticism. He also needs to be very insecure about his place in the team. Faruk treated him with the brutal reality of getting dropped from the team before the Srilankan match and it payed off!
We all want him to perfrom like any other players. He is not special than any one else and should not get any special treatments.
at the end of the day:
I really hope he performs because when he does he becomes our match winner.

158*
April 11, 2006, 07:33 PM
I thinks thats the exact opposite of what he needs. I think he needs to be supported. I think that someone (a coach, older player) needs to take him aside and tell him that he doesn't need to bash the ball for 6 every time and that he can patiently time his innings and still be a magnificent player. He shouldn't be concerned about his place in the side, I think as a young player that might hurt him even more, he needs support.

allrounder
April 11, 2006, 07:36 PM
almost every innings that Ash scored big runs, he gave lots of chances and goes wild with the bat. He gambles with his wicket most of the time, and its only few times that he came out as the winner. Do we need a gambler in our team?

thebest
April 11, 2006, 07:51 PM
"Ash's innings is like Eid, comes twice in a year" this is the signature of one of our famous member, Pagol bhai. We already have one eid (againest SL). The question is when is the second ied?

Hatebreed
April 11, 2006, 08:38 PM
"Ash's innings is like Eid, comes twice in a year" this is the signature of one of our famous member, Pagol bhai. We already have one eid (againest SL). The question is when is the second ied?

Certainly not in this match.. may be the next one? Who knows!

Special 1
April 11, 2006, 08:57 PM
almost every innings that Ash scored big runs, he gave lots of chances and goes wild with the bat. He gambles with his wicket most of the time, and its only few times that he came out as the winner. Do we need a gambler in our team?

Yes, to win matches we need a gambler in our team. ASH on his day can win a match for bangladesh. I doubt no one in our team can do the same. If you are a defensive minded person who is trying to achieve a respecatble defeat then you would not a gambler in the team. I mean honestly, we get our *** kicked all the time in tests, I doubt replacing Ashraful will dramatically change our performances in tests. So cries of axing him at this point is ridiculous.

BanglaMusic
April 11, 2006, 09:14 PM
Three player are really guilty in this tmatch.
1. habibul bashar for his runout. which is probably the turning point of this test match or even the series.
2. Aftab. in both innings he showed he understands very lil of test cricket.
3. ASH. What was he thinking when he was playing in first innings. even a sloger do not attempt play the way he did. He needs to get it that he is not yet a test material. we need to keep him on the side line for few more months. but we still take him in hoping that he'll learn 'n will save us! rather he lets us down! Lets the whole team down.

nafees needs more matches to mature his innings. he was totally my praise goes to rajin saleh... a real temperment. he is proably lil slow and it is mostly bcos he is over caucious and losing partners on the other side.

mildwind
April 11, 2006, 09:23 PM
Hi everyone, new to the forum. Ash is a young cricketer who is full of talent but is also full of confidence, maybe too much. Only time in the crease and getting out by making bad decisions will help him to learn play patiently and establish an innings. Even if you look at his 158 not out against India, that was scored in just 194 balls, a VERY fast century 1/2 in Test cricket. When he learns that he can block balls and leave balls and only play smart shots then he will go from strength to strength and make good scores. He's had a baptism of fire in international cricket, if you give him time, he will learn. I for one am looking forward to him being in the team for the next few years.

Exactly. They need time as they are young. No doubt. How about giving someother young players some chances so that they can also learn? In that way we can have a pool of cricketers who can compete each other to stay in team. This is a learning period and everybody should have their shares as ash had too much of it.

158*
April 11, 2006, 09:42 PM
I feel like Ash's potential match winning ability makes him a surefire selection everytime, the experience will only help him.

FagunerAgun
April 11, 2006, 09:47 PM
Ash and Aftab should be benched in the next text match against ozz. They are only good in the ODIs.

What a liability they have become for the BD test team!

mildwind
April 11, 2006, 09:55 PM
I feel like Ash's potential match winning ability makes him a surefire selection everytime, the experience will only help him.

I agree. But I believe that merit should not be the lone factor in securing a place in National Team because we have too many talents on our way. The place will be assigned to them who only have effectiveness, skills to survive with real command in the highest level of the game.

Rumi
April 11, 2006, 10:19 PM
If you put "Noora pagla" in with the bat, he will also look confident. Even "Noora Pagla" may have some talent also. But what is the use of talent and confidence which does not guide you to a sensible innings. All o Ashraful's centuries are result of a lucky innings, senseless shots and impatient bat rotations. remember England last summer, first ball fell on the bell, But Ashraful miraculously escaped as bells didn't drop.

I feel both Ashraful and Aftab should be replaced by someone from Tushar, Sakib, Kapali etc.

ammark
April 11, 2006, 10:42 PM
There are gamblers who will calculate their risks and then bet, and there are those that'll do so just for kicks. Ash's inconsistency points to the second type. His irresponsibility is mind-blowing. Despite the manner in which Aftab threw his wicket, compared to Ashraful, Aftab lasted longer, but otherwise scored at the same rate:

Minutes played/Balls faced/Runs Scored
Md. Ashraful 14 14 4
Aftab Ahmed 56 56 17

I'd make my emotional and irrational preference of Aftab to Ash given this one example anyday! Its the time at the crease and the support to Rajin that was very valuable

layperson
April 11, 2006, 10:43 PM
dropping ashraful nd aftab wud be akin to "nijer paye nije kural mara" ... sm ppl hv said tht aftab is a senior player in the team .... he has played less than 10 test matches ..... let him play at least 30 .. then look at his stats nd i firmly believe then it will be a diff story .... abt ashraful .... the kid just scored in the recently conlcuded series against sri lanka ..... nd him nd aftab r players who play all bowlers with maximum ease ... they can take a match away frm ne opposition on their day single handedly .... y on earth wud u want to drop players like them is beyond me ....

Sovik
April 16, 2006, 01:09 AM
We don't need a player who is always throwing wickets. i am a fan of ashraful. but seeing that shot today, i am not hoping anything from him anymore. i think this is the time for the selectors drop him.

what does he think of himself? he thaought he is the star of the team and he will be in the forever.

what a shame. 3 wickets down and give another one to the aussies