PDA

View Full Version : Why?!

sonarbangla
April 11, 2006, 04:02 PM
why does it happen over and over again? why can't they play well in the second innings? today everyone was laughing at Bangladesh for their poor performance against Aus in the 2nd innings.

do u guys really think aftab is capable of playing test anymore? don't you think we sholuld have picked russel or kapali instead? how about mohammad ashraful? in a word he forgot how to play. we need to kick him out form the team for the next test, i guess. since he always comes back after he has been kicked out from the team for a while.. any suggestions? opinions? critisism?! netin atall?!

really feeling depressed.. shame.. 124 for 5! horrible i feel..

Tigers_eye
April 11, 2006, 04:07 PM
take it easy let the dust settle. We still may come up on the top. if i fault the two A's 7 out of 10 then bashar gets a 10. We will learn in time. no one expected us to compete (except IanW). but we are not only competing but taking it to them even when we are making mistakes. Tomorrow we need to minimize the mistakes and hope aussies make more.

Beamer
April 11, 2006, 04:21 PM
Yes. Settle down. We are still in a very good position. Sure we would have wishded to keep two more wkts. But, we are still in a good position and run scoring batsman to follow. Aftab is going through a tough phase to curb his instincts. I hope they don't drop him. He will be a good one for us. He must be given more chances to learn from his mistakes. His both dismissals were silly. Both came in a bad time just before the end of a session. He must know better not play across the line in this turf when the ball is on the stumps.

Wazim
April 11, 2006, 04:25 PM
YOu say everyone is laughing but I certainly am not(I am Pakistani btw). I think anything over 300 is tough to chase but Australia will have a sniff. Anything over 400, the Aussies stand no chance. However, you msut realize day one was a batting beauty and now this pitch has got more difficult as the match wears on.

On day two, Martyn and Punter got pea rollers, however they did the job. One can only wonder, how worse(in terms of batting) will the pitch get? I personally feel the Aussies are a strong team and can get 300, however, Bangladesh need contributions from Mortaza and Rafique with the bat(of coruse along with the bat) to propel that lead past 350. A good 20-30 odd runs is not a bad contribution and this pitch is only getting more difficult to bat on.

Though Bangladesh lost their last 5 wickets in the first innings foir 29 runs, that is a indication of how much this pitch is changing. Trust me, over 350, and I think Bangladesh has this in the bag?!?!

P.S Mods should be preparing to change that banner anytime soon :D

chinaman
April 11, 2006, 04:47 PM
.. everyone was laughing at Bangladesh for their poor performance against Aus in the 2nd innings.

So?

Performing well for a day or two or even for one full test match doesn't make a team brilliant. We are still the lowest ranking team. But we have been making progress. We have been showing signs of improvements every now and then and wins started to come by our ways more often.

There is a reason why the Australians were at the top, are at the top now and will remain so for atleast a while longer. We just can't claim their spot by beating them once or twice.

Other nations were getting relatively easy wins against us. Now we are making them work hard to beat us irrespective of our familiar hiccups every now and then. And that alone is a towering testament to our progress. We must be proud of this achievement.

Of course a win is always a delight, more so since it is so elusive for us, and a loss is equally disappointing. But we must be thankful of the recent progress so thunderously pronnounced across the glove.

shamster
April 11, 2006, 04:51 PM
Aftab will come good. He is trying to kerb his attacking instincts.