PDA

View Full Version : Don't jinx it !

jabbar
April 11, 2006, 08:25 PM
With all the talk of an "imminent" Bangladesh win, I fear that we may be jinxing our chances. In all seriousness, the Aussies are more than capable of chasing down a 280-350 run total. They may have a day and a half to do it, and judging by Gilchrist's success, the Aussies may well employ the correct technique to counter our bowlers. So we mustn't get ahead of ourselves. We should play for the win, but prepare for a draw if the situation dictates.

IanW
April 11, 2006, 08:27 PM
Jabbar,

This isnt going to be a draw. There's still six sessions to bat. One way or another, the game will be won.

Ian

jabbar
April 11, 2006, 08:30 PM
I disagree. I think that if BD can bat out 3/4 of the 4th day, they may make the match unwinable for Australia. The pitch is deteriorating, but is still in OK condition.

IanW
April 11, 2006, 08:35 PM
Jabbar,

If Bangladesh bat out 60 overs at 2.2 runs an over, then thats a lead of 420 or so, and 4 sessions to get it in.

Then having regained the momentum, and had the Australians running all around the field for a day and a bit, they declare, leaving enough time to bowl Australia out.

I can't see Australia batting for four sessions on a late fourth-fifth day subcontinental pitch.

Ian Whitchurch

jabbar
April 11, 2006, 08:41 PM
We'll see Ian, we'll see ... :)

Rubu
April 11, 2006, 09:00 PM
Draw is not gonna be an outcome of this game. Either we win or we loose. I was thinking that the chances are Bd 30% Aus 70%, but given their record in subcontinent on the 4th innings, now I'm thinking a 50-50 chance. It will all depend on Rajin and Pilot. The game will be virtually decided at the first session today.

jabbar
April 11, 2006, 09:02 PM
first session is crucial, indeed. the match hinges on it.

Mr-Cricket
April 11, 2006, 09:03 PM
How could this match possibly end in a draw? Bangladesh don't have the batsman left to survive another whole day and Australia will chase the win at all costs regardless! And thats besides the point! Why would you (Bangladesh) chase the draw if your in such a strong position! :confused:

alias
April 11, 2006, 09:06 PM
this jinx and don't-jinx is complete nonsense. grow up.

sunnyctg
April 11, 2006, 09:08 PM
this match is not definatly going to be a draw. i think bangladesh will loose the match. they dont hav ny batsman left. they'll get all out before launch leaving aussies tergets around 320-30 or something ...and they got like a day and a half to do that ... and they cant possibly do crap batting again! your forgetting ...its australia!

Cricket46
April 11, 2006, 09:28 PM
Wow this is turning out to be a negative thread. I know we can lose, but the pressure is definitely more on the Aussies.

fai_hasan
April 11, 2006, 10:37 PM
mama the match is getting out of hand. ekhon apni sudhu takai takai velki dekhen.

Miraz
April 11, 2006, 10:40 PM
This test will not end up in a draw. Bangladesh is still favourite but not in a complete winning position. If BD can bat for another 30-40 over then Bangladesh will be in winning position and Aussies have to fight hard to save the match.

Now today is the most crucial first session in the history of BD test career.