PDA

View Full Version : What is Bashar and Whatmore really thinking?

Spitfire_x86
April 12, 2006, 01:08 PM
Daily Star report (http://www.thedailystar.net/2006/04/13/d60413040128.htm)

Do they really have faith in their team's ability?

billah
April 12, 2006, 01:27 PM
Bashar does not, he does'nt even have faith in himself. He gave up before our second innings begun. When our team took the field after putting up a very impressive challenge of 307, he was there with his drooped shoulders and meni mukh..standing there with his arms locked in the front. He did not inspire his bowlers. Mashrafee was yawning, standing at slip mind you! Rajin and Aftab were the only fielders staying up, the rest were drowsy. I bet Bashar, behind his dark sunglasses, caught a few zs too. He brought the spinners late.

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:47 PM
I was astonished to find Bahsr admitted the body language was not there when BD came to defend 307.

Pathetic approach which costed the match.

Spitfire_x86
April 12, 2006, 01:47 PM
Agree with you. When he should be planning and talking about the final charge, he's lamenting about 2nd innings collapse. Really sad.

Beamer
April 12, 2006, 03:52 PM
Bashar is the most uninspiring captain that an upcoming young team can ever ask for. Forget about his tactical shortfalls but his body language and blasse movements filter through to the junior members negatively. 307 runs in 4th innings is not a joke for any team to chase. We should be buzzing with activity when we took the field. Instead, I had a feeling that they were still thinking too much about their second innings demise, which incidentally was started by a lazy run from the skip. I still think we made the biggest blunder when we had them at 94-6 and let them have 269 runs. I still dont know why Bashar let Gilchrist have those easy singles at the end of every over to keep the strike. Failure happens but you have to try at least to give yourself the oppurtunity to succeed. He let things happen instead of trying to make things happen.

One thing is certain though. As we get better and better every time we step on the field, his leadership skills ( or lack of ) will get more and more under scrutiny as it will matter more. In the past, our teams were so horrible that we were always trying to avoid innings defeat. So, it didn't matter much what he was doing in the greater outcome of the game as the results were ineviatble. Now that we are competing more regularly on even terms against any opposition, his little blunders, mishaps, uninspired body and field language will and can be the difference between wins or losses.

KricFreak
April 12, 2006, 03:59 PM
Bashar is the most uninspiring captain that an upcoming young team can ever ask for. Forget about his tactical shortfalls but his body language and blasse movements filter through to the junior members negatively.

One thing is certain though. As we get better and better every time we step on the field, his leadership skills ( or lack of ) will get more and more under scrutiny as it will matter more. In the past, our teams were so horrible that we were always trying to avoid innings defeat. So, it didn't matter much what he was doing in the greater outcome of the game as the results were ineviatble. Now that we are competing more regularly on even terms against any opposition, his little blunders, mishaps, uninspired body and field language will and can be the difference between wins or losses.

Well said.

crazyisland
April 12, 2006, 04:23 PM
I wrote the following back in 2003. All the win we had under him - it's not because of his captaincy but it's because of some few players in the BD team who has the "Never Give Up" attitude like Rafiq, Masri and Aftab and few others.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=7531

6alltheway
April 12, 2006, 04:45 PM
Why not give captenicy to rafique, he leads by example and has done a wonderful job. his older so everyone will respect him and he will do a good job. i always found basher cant make the decisions, and whats worser then making a wrong decision, not making one at all. He is indecisive.

ammark
April 12, 2006, 06:46 PM
Bashar is the most uninspiring captain that an upcoming young team can ever ask for. ...his body language and blasse movements filter through to the junior members negatively.

I couldnt agree more with your whole post. In light of what you said, I sincerely hope that our next captain does not inherit his uninspiring model. Is there a danger of that? I really hope not. Its frustrating that with a team with such capable players, we're always "so close, yet so far" from victory. More frustrating that I really cant see a new captain taking helm anytime soon. We need Bashar as a player, not as a captain of his current model.

fai_hasan
April 12, 2006, 07:08 PM
They are not thinking anymore. They thougt enough.

SMHasan
April 12, 2006, 07:58 PM
I was astonished to find Bahsr admitted the body language was not there when BD came to defend 307.

Pathetic approach which costed the match.

Did he really admit that the body language was not there? Damn you Bashar! What a shame. Shame on you Bahsar.

If its true then we urgently need a new captain. We dont need any pessimist at all.

mshakir56
April 12, 2006, 08:32 PM
Bashar always seems bit Drowsy. You should call yourself lucky, if you ever see him giving orders. You can never guess that he is the Captain.

Hasib
April 12, 2006, 09:03 PM
I wrote the following back in 2003. All the win we had under him - it's not because of his captaincy but it's because of some few players in the BD team who has the "Never Give Up" attitude like Rafiq, Masri and Aftab and few others.

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=7531

and how the hell do you know what he says to the players...he may say stuff to inspire the players!!! how can you even THINK about saying he had nothing to do with wins? Shameful

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 09:49 PM
<!--StartFragment --> I seriously think Bashar's captaincy should be taken off for couple of match to give a hammer hit in his head. Give it to Rafique or who ever, and send the message to Bahsar that his captaincy is SERIOUSLY in doubt.