PDA

View Full Version : Team for the second test

Imtiazk
April 12, 2006, 01:39 PM
As we are playing with two pace bowlers, I would include Rasel. I cannot see how we can accommdate 5 bowlers - so Shahadat has to go out. He did bowl well in spells but we cannot afford those extra runs that he gives away. Australia will not be cowed by his pace.

Rasel will swing the ball - I think more so in Chittagong. Also, he can be relied upon to give away fewer runs. Mashrafee then can bowl fewer overs and can be the real "strike" bowler.

In the batting department - realistically - no change - as the extra runs that we normally can expect from the Rafique / Murtaza combination probably will not be available in this series. So we need 6 recognised batsmen plus wk/batsman.

There is a school of thought which I would not propose for the 2nd test but worth mentioning.

Rahim comes in for Mashud. But I do not know how good his keeping really is !!

sadi
April 12, 2006, 01:47 PM
Big no goes for Rahim... he needs more time eventhough I am not impressed with Masud right now... Rasel is a better option I think... I like Shahadat kid though... its good to see someone aggresive like him... but we just can't afford those extra runs right now... I would say he bowled better than I expected but Rasel would be a better option... everything else remains same...

Spitfire_x86
April 12, 2006, 01:55 PM
I would make only one change, replace Golla with Nafees Iqbal.

In batting order, I would move Ashraful at #4 and Rajin at #5.

Miraz
April 12, 2006, 01:58 PM
I would make only one change, replace Golla with Nafees Iqbal.

In batting order, I would move Ashraful at #4 and Rajin at #5.

In addition to that I would replace Pilot by Mushfiqur Rahim (basically I am really angry with Pilot after the novice style dismissal after playing 30+ test, he needs a warning)

sadi
April 12, 2006, 02:00 PM
The sooner Rajin comes, the better it is for us as he is very solid... you need someone like that in the top of the order and others can play around him.... doesn't matter whether ash comes at number 4 or 5, he will keep playing his stupid slog shot and I rather see him at number 5

sensible
April 12, 2006, 02:45 PM
There is an old saying in cricket that batsman who knows where his off-stamp is the THE best batsman. Now even die-hard Pilot fan is not going to claim that he is the best batsman in the world! What happened in the 2nd innings is just part of the game, it could happen to most of the batsmen we see around. I would rather appreciate his attempt to judge the ball and leave. Some of our so called BIG batsman does not do that! And Pilot does a very good job of keeping.

I'm not going for Mushfiq. He needs more time to learn to play in the big league. He plays well in most games and when the most important game comes, he loses his temparament. This is a problem with a lot of our players, even in the senior team. Just think of under 19 world cup or even the series against the SL A team.

I think Nafis Iqbal should come back in the team. But he should come replacing Aftab. Since we don't have a replacement for Ash, he gets one more chance. If we did......that's a different stoty.

Sovik
April 12, 2006, 02:54 PM
In addition to that I would replace Pilot by Mushfiqur Rahim (basically I am really angry with Pilot after the novice style dismissal after playing 30+ test, he needs a warning)

did you saw pilot keeping today. he was great with gloves. and musfiq should be considered after 2 years

roaring tigerz
April 12, 2006, 03:14 PM
I would not make any changes to this team. This team played brilliantly this test and dominated the best team in the world for the best part of 3 days.
I would for sure give aftab and shahadat another go. It would have been great if we had a spinning allrounder but Kapali does not cut it at test level. Everytime we play at home the key would be our spinners, especially against teams like Australia. In that light I would have wanted to see another spinner in the team. But we do not have any consistently performing off spinner or leg spinner who we can choose.

April 12, 2006, 03:15 PM
Drop Aftab and get Bashar a course on aggression and pressure building.

layperson
April 12, 2006, 03:55 PM
i wud keep the same team .... no change at all .... rasel's inclusion is not wise bcoz he is very good with the new ball but he is terrible with the old ball ... i remember seeing one kenyan batsmen sweeping him to the boundary .... think what the australians can do to his bowling once the ball gets old ....specially since we r going in with only 4 bowlers we cannot hv smone handicapped like rasel who cant bowl with the old ball .... i wud rather pick him for all the one day games against the aussies nd i think he will be successful there ...but the test team is perfect now the way it is ....

ASA
April 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
did you saw pilot keeping today. he was great with gloves. and musfiq should be considered after 2 years
Yeah - even though I'm mighty pissed with his stupidity today :mad: , his almost impeccable keeping skills is something we can't afford to lose. So he stays - but he REALLY needs to focus on his batting.

al Furqaan
April 12, 2006, 04:52 PM
extra runs from shahadat??? dude, his econ so far in this match is prolly no higher than 3.4 RPO...what did yo expect from him a mcgrath like 2.5???

comeon...he should have at least a couple more wickets, but has been unlucky. besides, russel has been said to be ineffective with the old ball, that means that only mash, enam, and mo raf have to bowl the 65 overs till the new ball is available. thats more than 20 overs per.

russel is a great bowler, but he does not have bite. we need a dog with bite. russel can survive against a team like lanka cuz they are notoriously weak at playing pace, but not the aussies.

truetruetiger
April 12, 2006, 05:42 PM
what we can do is bring in extra batter like n.iqbal. and then name pilot as 12th man. when we are fielding, then sub iqbal for pilot, and he can be wicket keeper. thats allowed, isn't it?

TheWatcher
April 12, 2006, 05:59 PM
what we can do is bring in extra batter like n.iqbal. and then name pilot as 12th man. when we are fielding, then sub iqbal for pilot, and he can be wicket keeper. thats allowed, isn't it?
Revolutionary idea, but unfortunately subistitute fielders are not allowed to keep wickets.

ialbd
April 12, 2006, 06:05 PM
I was out of touch with BD cricket for few weeks, so just had this query: is Alok still out because of that injury in the kenya series?

Do we have any1 to replace Aftab in the squad? Do you guys think it will make a difference taking Rasel in place of Shahadat?

Dont know these answers myself.....
________
CANCER - PROSTATE FORUMS (http://www.health-forums.org/cancer-prostate/)

sadi
April 12, 2006, 06:07 PM

lol......:D

ammark
April 12, 2006, 07:57 PM
My team:

Nafees Iqbal
SN
Rajin
Bashar
Aftab
Pilot
Kapali
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enam

-Rasel can move the ball, but he is a bit too slow and quite lacking in fire. Note what Gilchrist said: Great onus to the opeining bowlers for removing the wickets early in 1st innings.
-I'm changing camps to JO Basher's club. His wild slashing and chasing balls outside offstump isnt worth it.
-Punish Ashraful.
-Dont drop Aftab for the sake of his career and confidence. He deserves to stick and start learning and playing his game
-Rajin is solid enough to come one-down. He can hold an innings and start early with SN or Bashar.
-Pilot is world class keeper. Cannot afford to take him out.

Ishtylish cricketer
April 12, 2006, 08:39 PM
My team:

Nafees Iqbal
SN
Rajin
Bashar
Aftab
Pilot
Kapali
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enam

-Rasel can move the ball, but he is a bit too slow and quite lacking in fire. Note what Gilchrist said: Great onus to the opeining bowlers for removing the wickets early in 1st innings.
-I'm changing camps to JO Basher's club. His wild slashing and chasing balls outside offstump isnt worth it.
-Punish Ashraful.
-Dont drop Aftab for the sake of his career and confidence. He deserves to stick and start learning and playing his game
-Rajin is solid enough to come one-down. He can hold an innings and start early with SN or Bashar.
-Pilot is world class keeper. Cannot afford to take him out.

I mostly agree with your line up except that I would still keep JO although not a fan of JO but he is experienced and NI is too young and i don't think he would do a better job.

BonBon
April 12, 2006, 08:53 PM
I am for getting rid of Ashraful for all test matches in the future - but definitely a place in the ODI team. He proves that a position in the BD team is dirt cheap.

joybangladesh
April 12, 2006, 08:59 PM
i agree with you on punishing Ashraful - he has been given too many chances and he still has not been able to perform. bringing Rasel in wont do us any good, even if he can give us an early breakthrough he wont be effective at all with the old ball.
To all the pilot bashers come on guys give him a break he is bound to be unsuccessful once in a while. he hung around with rajin for a while in the 1st innings.

mshakir56
April 12, 2006, 09:01 PM
I would say change Belim for Nafees Iqbal and bring up Rajin Saleh to number 3.

fai_hasan
April 12, 2006, 09:25 PM
super sub option ta thakle khub bhalo hoto. actually we need 12 players. pachjon boller chara team banano jemon kothin, temni batsman chara bangladesh kibhabe run korbe tao thik.

sotti, ekta kothin bapar.

fai_hasan
April 12, 2006, 09:28 PM
I would not make any changes to this team. This team played brilliantly this test and dominated the best team in the world for the best part of 3 days.
I would for sure give aftab and shahadat another go. It would have been great if we had a spinning allrounder but Kapali does not cut it at test level. Everytime we play at home the key would be our spinners, especially against teams like Australia. In that light I would have wanted to see another spinner in the team. But we do not have any consistently performing off spinner or leg spinner who we can choose.

you are right mate. you talked like a wise man.

lets see what happens in the next man.

i don't know why is everyone is after Aftab. He is really good, just give him a chance, would you?

put him in third down, and see what happens.

Rohel
April 12, 2006, 09:48 PM
My team should be:
Nafees Iqbal ( He played really well aganist SL A,Prof himself he learns form his mistake. On the other hand, Omar does not look comfortable, I do not think he can do more than 20 or 25 only if luck favor him)
SN
Bashar
Rajin
Ashraful ( he was unlucky wih his Lbw so we can give him litte time to get back
Meharab Jr.( i know everyone going to think, i am stupid why i am going to include him but i think this guy mately strong and perfect for test cricket. When we include young players like Asharful,Musfiq,Nafiz iqbal,Aftab khan but we include them.Meharab jr. is more mature than compare with those player and perform better than that we can just exclude him because he is too young or does not have enoug experience. I am sure this is going to be on time to bring him on.
Musfiq Rahim( I sure that he is much better choice that pilot. I know Pilot did good job but there is time you have to bye. and this is the time for pilot to say bye from test criket.
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enam

PoorFan
April 12, 2006, 09:55 PM
No need of change, not even Nafis Iqbal in place of Javed.

Navarene
April 12, 2006, 09:57 PM
Nafis Iqbal in place of Javed Omar- why? Read spitty's threads and posts on Javed. This is the only change I expect for the second Test.

Aftab should be asked to play his natural game instead of sticking with the so called defensive mode. He is a natural stroke maker and should remain the same.

Ahraful is still an automatic choice, in term of his ability to go for big score. He got a century only a few days ago against Sri Lanka. We shouldn't be impatient too early about this young blok.

Those who ask for Pilot's head needs to be reminded that he is still the best option we have behind the wicket. He is world class.

Rajib is getting more matured day by day. He has the aggression, he has the pace. I wont be wondered if he becomes our strike bowler in near future. The way he trapped Ponting LBW was a sheer class of fast bowling. Ponting was comprehensively beaten by pace. I know its a tough call to pick between Rajib and Rasel. But at the end I will pick Rajib ahead of Rasel for he is more effective with the old ball than the later.

IanW
April 12, 2006, 10:34 PM
Rajib is still the #2 quick, with Rassel the #3.

I'm thinking seriously about dropping JO and poutting Saleh up to open ... but I definitely wouldnt replace him with Alok.

Ian

shamster
April 12, 2006, 10:37 PM
Crazy no way Mashud goes out why ?

Ishtylish cricketer
April 12, 2006, 10:59 PM
Why would Aftab still stay after sweeping with 5 balls to go in the day? These things add up. To me that's worst than scoring a duck. One can be out of form and not score run but one cannot afford to make such elementary mental mistakes in tests. He has done that too often but due to lack of quality players he will most probably play in the second but he doesn't deserve another shot to play in the second test match. I don't care about anything anyone says. You simply do not play that shot with 5 balls to go. That stuff is elementary! You don't try to hit balls pre-meditated shots with breaks around the corner. Not even club cricketer would make this mistake. I am a big fan of his stroke playing ability but you need little bit of common sense to be successful and that act of sweeping was beyond stupid.

BD_Ashraful
April 13, 2006, 02:10 AM
Team
Javed Omar
SN
Bashar
Ashraful
Rajin
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enam

I think Ash should play in the second test

gravitY
April 13, 2006, 02:44 AM
I'd replace JO with NI. I think he has better technique and survive a while more than javed, Javed looked very much vulnerable to me in both innings.

btw, good show from shahadat, in second last over... when he hit Ponting on the Head. :d

jeesh
April 13, 2006, 03:02 AM
Mind you Mashuds experience is a great asset to our young side. He is chirping behind the stumps all the time, and i bet he does a good job motivating the bowlers and fielders. Lets just hope we see the old dogged determined never say die Khaled Mashud again. As for changes, the only change which could be made should be Nafees Iqbal.

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 03:07 AM

I'm thinking seriously about dropping JO and poutting Saleh up to open ... but I definitely wouldnt replace him with Alok.

Ian

Quite an interesting idea. I never thought in that way. We can move Rajin to opening and bring in Mushfiqur Rahim in place of JO in the middle order. But absence of Rajin in the middle order will be felt and Ashraful and Aftab should play sensibly to fill the gap.

TAQATOO
April 13, 2006, 03:33 AM
My team should be:
Javed Omar
Shariar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Md. Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enamul Jr.

I axed ashraful cauz, what he do in both innings, Kapali also can do it and furthermore we will get a extra bowling option. I admit that he is not a champion bowler, but its better to bowl with him rather then Rajin and ash. Rafique and Enam is too much used in the test. It will take a bit pressure off.
If the pitch is not the same i think we don't need any change.

Baundule
April 13, 2006, 03:39 AM
No change, irrespective of who else could do it better than whom. You can not undermine the great achievement from this test to dropping some of them for the next test.

Baundule
April 13, 2006, 03:45 AM
My team should be:
Nafees Iqbal ( He played really well aganist SL A,Prof himself he learns form his mistake. On the other hand, Omar does not look comfortable, I do not think he can do more than 20 or 25 only if luck favor him)
SN
Bashar
Rajin
Ashraful ( he was unlucky wih his Lbw so we can give him litte time to get back
Meharab Jr.( i know everyone going to think, i am stupid why i am going to include him but i think this guy mately strong and perfect for test cricket. When we include young players like Asharful,Musfiq,Nafiz iqbal,Aftab khan but we include them.Meharab jr. is more mature than compare with those player and perform better than that we can just exclude him because he is too young or does not have enoug experience. I am sure this is going to be on time to bring him on.
Musfiq Rahim( I sure that he is much better choice that pilot. I know Pilot did good job but there is time you have to bye. and this is the time for pilot to say bye from test criket.
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Enam

Nice selection to lose the teast within two and a half days ;)

Ejaj
April 13, 2006, 04:44 AM
:D drop Bashar and bring anyone... any XYZ. I would be so glad if such could have been done. :D

Rubu
April 13, 2006, 07:20 AM
Team for 2nd test: unchanged.

AsifTheManRahman
April 13, 2006, 07:35 AM
i was just going to open a thread on the team for the second test but then i realized that i didn't really want any changes in the team.

Shaan
April 13, 2006, 08:03 AM
Bring Alok back, then we get leggie and batsman

AsifTheManRahman
April 13, 2006, 08:10 AM
i am surprised to see so many people wanting ashraful out of the team. yes, what he did in the first test was nothing less than criminal, but guys - let's not forget that he scored a century just two test matches ago. dropping someone who's made a ton as recently as that is quite unfair to say the least, especially for minnows like us.

kaisermatin
April 13, 2006, 08:14 AM
The verdict is Ashraful has to go. Too many chances he missed to prove himself.

AsifTheManRahman
April 13, 2006, 08:20 AM
The verdict is Ashraful has to go. Too many chances he missed to prove himself.

again, look at my post above. a test century in the match preceding the one before this.

sadi
April 13, 2006, 08:49 AM
I would really happy to see Javed Omar go..... bring Nafis Iqbal back... everything else stays the way it is now

Mr-Cricket
April 13, 2006, 09:34 AM
No change, irrespective of who else could do it better than whom. You can not undermine the great achievement from this test to dropping some of them for the next test.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Not only that, but players need more than one game to prove themselves (Aftab has only just been recalled). One interesting thing to note is that those calling for Ashraful's axing may just have a point - it will be a reality check for him, and there is no bigger statement than to drop someone (it could just be the wake-up call he needs). But before you crucify me, remember that guys like Hayden and Ponting were dropped early in their careers, and once they were recalled, they never looked back. Martin (recent form aside) has also acheived similiar feats. Nevertheless, now isn't the right time to make a point of Ashraful - we've come off a great team performance, and we need to keep in mind that we may not be playing another test match in the next 9-12 months. Team cohesion is the most important thing for us at this stage.

One last point, I actually thought Mashud kept very well. He took a few blinders behind the stumps, and apart from this one missed run-out (which everyone seems to be bringing up) of Lee (which in fact did not cost us all that much), he had a near perfect game behind the stumps - he had one lapse in judgement on his first ball yesterday, and now everyone want's to crucify the poor guy. Either way, Mushifiqur is not yet ready. If the selectors wanted him in the side, they would not have dropped him after the SL series.

capslock
April 13, 2006, 09:53 AM
NO CHANGE!*

*except for our approach to the second innings.

zahid
April 13, 2006, 10:49 AM
NAFIS IQBAL? R U GUYS CRAZY? HE'S [....edited...]!

MUSHFIQUR RAHIM? NO! He's still unready.

Only change should be made is Rasel in place of Shahdat.
We'll just have to beat with his old ball disease.

Everyone stays on the bandwagon.

mod.content: control language

ialbd
April 13, 2006, 11:01 AM
Changes:

JO shudnt be changed (let alone for N. Iqbal). Once he gets into the ODI mood (21 runs off 112 balls) he is a great asset for BD in the test

And for Rasel vs Shahadat: Rasel's across the line swings Vs Shahadat's aggression.... well tough to pick.... but the selectors might try Rasel this time.

Rasel resembles Monjural Islam (is the name right?) a lot. Good at times, but bari khaoa shuru korle ......
________
Subaru Xt History (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Subaru_XT)

rudro
April 13, 2006, 11:12 AM
এত পরীক্ষা করার কোন দরকার নাই। দুইদিন পর পর ... এরে বাদ দাও তারে বাদ দাও, এরে আন, তারে আন... এইসব প্যাঁচাল বাহির হয়!! দল হিসাবে পুরো দলটা ভালো খেলেছে। পরিবর্তনের কোন কারণ দেখি না। একই ম্যাচে যদি সবাই ভালো খেলত তবে তো আমরা ৩৮বার হারার রেকর্ড করতামনা। সময় দাও...ছেলেদেরকে একটা সিরিজ একসাথে খেলার সুযোগ দাও!!!!!!!!

sar2005
April 13, 2006, 11:26 AM
Did not we perform one of our best with this team? They were almost near to win. I don't think we want to make any changes in the team. Let's go with the same team.

Russel is our ODI trum-card. We don't want to expose our ODI weapon so early in the test where it may not work. Moreover you have to remember how Rajib hitted Pontings helmet at the ending. Not many pacer in world cricket are capable to touch ponting's helment now a days.

As for Ashraful, this is too early to ask for his removal. As ATMR said, he scored a century just few days ago against Murali. Let's hope he returns with all his big guns.

Aftab should be encouraged to play his natural game. If selectors don't want that, it's obvious that Kapali will be in, though it would not be a justice on Aftab.

fwullah
April 13, 2006, 12:32 PM
Rather than seeing some team changes, I'm very interested to see if our batsman can continue like the 1st test with the batting and whether our batsman can improve on the 2nd innings.

tiger1000
April 13, 2006, 12:37 PM
Aftab out, Kapali in.

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 12:41 PM
Link http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=15885

HereWeGo
April 13, 2006, 12:47 PM
well I really don understand how people want rassel over shahadat in test matches..... shahadat and mashrafees economy rate was almost the same in firts innings.... wen u r playing against the aussies u got to be aggressive. Thats the name of the game... we did so well the first couple of days only because we played all out. Shahadat must stay no matter wat. Rassel cannot hit pontings helmet even if he tries a million times. We need someone who can show the world that we deserve in the big league..We cant show that if our front line pacer bowls at 115- 125 kph. I mean even kenyans bowl faster. In ODI it is ok. containing is necessary then. But in test...u must be kidding me. I want ashraful to stay. If we gambled with him all this time... we must not let him go now.... but i wont be overly dissapointed if he is dropped. Aftab has been tried with not too much luck.. so kapali can be given an oppurtunity... if not as i siad i don mind too much abt that either

sunniath
April 13, 2006, 01:39 PM
how about iqbal in the middle order like aussies have hussey when langer is fit?bring him in instead of ash or aftab.he and rajin can consolidate our middle order.scoring runs is not a problem .staying in the wicket is the biggest problem for the team now.may be iqbal will be able to provide a more stable middle order.

rudro
April 13, 2006, 03:23 PM
how about iqbal in the middle order like aussies have hussey when langer is fit?bring him in instead of ash or aftab.he and rajin can consolidate our middle order.scoring runs is not a problem .staying in the wicket is the biggest problem for the team now.may be iqbal will be able to provide a more stable middle order.
I like the idea. But with Nafis you can't guarantee anything. I just wish Ash could have a head on his shoulder.

sunniath
April 13, 2006, 03:34 PM
we can only wish when it comes to ash.may be iqbal can replace aftab.keep ash as a wild card.he can bat in between rajin and iqbal.both ash and aftab bat similarly.it is just too risky to play both of them together.iqbal is also not that responsible.but as an opener,he should have better temperment than ash and aftab.other teams have done it before.sri lanka had hashan tillekaratne in number six.i mention hussey before.it may turn out to be a good strategy.

Cricket46
April 13, 2006, 06:59 PM
I don't really see any need for a change. This is probably the best performance ever by us. Giving just one test is really not a decent culture. Let us hope they learn from their mistakes in the second innings and bat more responsibly.

I would rather want to see our board try and get a few test matches. This is ridiculuos not to have another test match in a year.

aosaif
April 13, 2006, 07:52 PM
Can't be bothered to read every sentence in a 3 page topic,
but yeh i'd like to experiment with Nafees Iqbal replacing Javed Omar. Also, Rasel ought to tried out. Rajin should definitely come in as early as possible beacause he is in solid form and would be wasted down the order. I really want to replace Aftab with somebody because I don't believe he's a test player, but not sure who. I can't find any replacement who can make more runs against Australia than Aftab. Of course, Al-Sahariar would be great, but the selectors will never pick him. If selectors stick to Aftab, then both Ashraful and Aftab should come lower down the order where their "hitting" abilities may be required as the aussies progress to bowl out our spineless tail.

Hatebreed
April 13, 2006, 08:10 PM
I'd go for a pretty much unchanged team:

Javed Omar
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Ashraful (this is his final chance to prove himself)
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed (he deserves another chance.. but IF he's replaced I'll go for Alok)
Khaled Mashud (he's still a capable 'WK')
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Bin Mortaza
Shahadat Hossein
Enamul Hoque Jr

irteja
April 14, 2006, 01:08 AM
i think we should stick with the same team....we did well in 1st test give them one more chance....

vv_sunil
April 14, 2006, 01:52 AM
i would prefer alok in place of aftab and tushar/nafees in place of ashraful. let give one more chance to javed... he can anchor the innings, if he succeeds and that is very much necessary in tests alok can bowl also and it is an additional favour

mona
April 14, 2006, 02:37 AM
Newest member of the JO-haters club here. I still don't think it's worth dropping him for the 2nd test. Mainly because it will be the last one they play for god knows how long.

I don't think Aftab's performance warrants his exclusion. His batting was ok, just the ways he got (himself) out were damn stupid.

Of course Ash's performance was disappointing, but I actually believe he was a little unlucky with both decisions giving him out so I guess his beating can wait till next time.

Shahadat to me was impressive. I think he bowled better than Mash most of the time, just wish he didn't change his tactics in the second innings.

Pilot's wicket, I hope, was a one-match thing (same with Bashar's run out). One good thing about dismissals as dumb as those is that they will remember not to do it again. It's sad how we can rely on Pilot's batting less and less these days.

So yeah, it took me all that to say 'no changes'. One thing though: It was disappointing to see the guys not actively learning from the test as it went on. If only Aftab remembered Gilchrist, when he went for the sweep shot in the 2nd innings. Or if Rafique and Mash remembered Gillespie's perfect defence or even Stuart Clark's 0 off 20 balls, things may have been different. So long as they remember to observe the Australians and learn from them, there's nothing to say that the 2nd Test can't be ours.

rafiq
April 14, 2006, 02:46 AM
The inability to learn as the match progresses is troubling..but learning on your feet is not easy either. Anyway, giving "one more chance" to players of Ashraful and Aftab's calibre is silly. These guys will play for BD for years. They shouldn't be bothered with "one more chances" - just pick the best 11 based on the pitch and who is in form without worrying about who will get crushed and what not. I think the opener (JO) is probably not going to be changed just yet, so maybe #6 will be as the single change. Bowling looks solid.

thebest
April 14, 2006, 10:02 PM
As Ahmed Bhai mentioned the performance of Aftab is more on selectors fault. Selectors giving him wrong signal. The only change need is JO. He got out in a stupid shot in second innings and in first innings after getting hit by lee he was just proddiing to return to pavillion. with two pacer we are playing do not underestimate the power of Aftab's gentle medium pace. With the sea breeze his gentle outswinger might come in handy.

bangla_fan
April 15, 2006, 01:49 AM
Khalad Masud shuld be not in team. I have no clue about all of you dude, why do you think BD team should still keep Khaled Masud Pilot in the team. He should be out of the Team.

Duck
April 15, 2006, 01:59 AM
I would support to keep the team intact. No change.

Aftab should be a permanent part of the team.

Batting order seems ok. Only change should be regarded for the nightwatchman as Pilot.

Although Rajin seems comfortable at his position, He could be a good candidate to squeeze in between Ash and Aftab, keeping Bashar at 3.

We are in desparate need for an genuine alrounder like Flintoff or Shoeb Malik!

Imtiazk
April 15, 2006, 03:34 AM

Ian

I defer to your knowledge of the game. It is something I have thought about too. I do not call for JO's exclusion as such like many do. He certainly does a job. Like it or not , even a 25 opening partnership is better than what we used to achieve. JO and any partner has more or less given us that.

Rajin could be a replacement as they are of the same mould. Giving up a batsman's position. There is no adequate replacement that the selector's would consider.

But I would plug one name. Tushar Imran had a great tour of England with the "A" team. 3 centuries and 3 fifties. Yes , against, "B" teams but when did a county put up a full team against us. Even our test team got "C" teams and got hammered - e.g. Sussex. I was there ! Compare that against any other batsmen touring England. He was head and shoulders above everyone else. He had a far better tour than Nafees but, I presume, you have an advantage when you are the chief selector's cousin ! Selecting on Nafees was correct though as they were banking on potential. So why not Tushar ? If he does not have the potential , so why was he selected in the first place. [ Rasel also had a great tour with the ball ! ]

It is no good saying Tushar has been given many chances. When ? He was given one test against Sri Lanka and was promptly dropped. Before that he played in Australia. How many chances are Ashraful, Aftab etc. given ? Alok and Rajin have had more comebacks than Frank Sinatra !

Sovik
April 15, 2006, 03:41 AM
Our bowlers did really well so i don't want any changes there, khaled masud is the best wicketkeeper in bangladesh, JO ans SN put up good partnership in both innings, and rajin showed the temperment in both innings, bashar is the captain and played really well in 1st innings. and now with ashraful and aftab. they are he future of the team. ashraful and aftab can be very dangerous in their day. and i hope they can play atleast 1 sensible innings and show some test match temperment in this match.

Daddy_Mac
April 15, 2006, 03:43 AM
I want Alok for this test...he gives a bowling option for BD ...I think Ashraful has dissipointed me(although many of u might disagree)...And give Shadat another goo...at it....

truetruetiger
April 15, 2006, 05:34 AM
JO
S.Nafees
Bashar
Rajin
Ash
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Masri
Rasel*
Rajib
*because chitagong is a pacer friendly pitch, and enamul will be less useful there