PDA

View Full Version : Test still in balance - Whatmore

chinaman
April 12, 2006, 05:06 PM
"We need to get wickets as early as possible, but it's pretty evenly poised," said Whatmore.

"The only disappointing factor for me was the wicket, on the fourth day, still behaved too nicely."

"I was very pleased and proud of the way the boys hung in there and got a little bit of reward at the end - that was a very pleasing aspect," Whatmore said.

More on BBC >> (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/cricket/4904034.stm)

Hatebreed
April 12, 2006, 05:13 PM
May be if we can get Ponting and Gilly out quickly there's some hope we can come back.. but I doubt that's gonna happen.. we need some miracle!

IanW
April 12, 2006, 05:18 PM
The team doesnt need a miracle. It needs what has got it success so far - disciplined bowling, the odd unplayable delivery and some help from the pitch.

They opened a chink with a runout, and then Rafique jammed a crowbar into it. The tail is long, and can be cracked.

Remember Australia aren't demigods.

Remember Australia are beatable.

This is Test Cricket. It's meant to be hard.

Ian Whitchurch

Sauron
April 12, 2006, 05:25 PM
Remember Australia aren't demigods.

Remember Australia are beatable.

This is Test Cricket. It's meant to be hard.

Ian Whitchurch

:up:

And our fielding will need to be the sharpest ever.

Rubu
April 12, 2006, 05:26 PM
Here is what I think of the game: I'll go to sleep at 10PM EDT today.

kaisermatin
April 12, 2006, 05:30 PM
I agree 100% with IanW; there is no miracle. Rafique's accomplishment 5/62 was no miracle but hard fought. That's what Warne did to us yesterday; it was not a miracle. I hope BD will hang ten and sail through these tides. Want thing for sure I will have a sleepless night again today. I am still betting on eating a kangaroo or crocodile steak.

Sauron
April 12, 2006, 05:39 PM
Here is what I think of the game: I'll go to sleep at 10PM EDT today.
And wake up at 12 midnight, I hope?