PDA

View Full Version : Positives + Negatives

pilot fan
April 13, 2006, 02:31 AM
forst of all we should all be very proud of our boys for puttng up a great performace and for once there are more positives than negatives

positives

* SN fantstic hundard he really sent a message to the auusies in the first session that we were going to play well
* Basher - dispite what some say i think that he had a very good game. he batted well in the first innings and i thought he captained very well, he brought on rafique for an over before lunch on the second day and he got a wicket, brought jr on just after lunch aajind got a wicket in the first over
* Rajin- one of the real positives of the match showed maturity all troughout the match mainly before the close on the third day we have found our player in the middle order who everybody can bat around
* Rafique- what more can u say he bowled fantsticly and took wickets at key moments and never gave up a true role modol for the rest of the team
* jr- bowled very well and showed maturity beyond his year in the way he bowled a constistant line and his dissmissal of clarke in the first innings was a world class delivery, also pulled of a nice runout
* mash- foget the dropped catch this guy is up there with the best pacemen in the wrld and swing the ball and constistantly fets it in good areas, brought up his 50th test wicket with the dismissal of lee
* Shadat- this guy realy impressed me in this match before the match we all thought that he was going to be hit all around the park but he caused there batsman real problems with his pace, also was reverse swinging the ball a lot in the send innings which is a great sign for the future

Negatives

* Golla i think it is time for him to go now, good batting pitch and could not covert two starts, played an alfull shot in the second innings
* Aftab - did not do two badly two decent starts but the times he got out annyoed me the most before the close of two days playing aggresive shots
* ash- do not be to hard on him he only got out due to two poor umpiring decisions whilst tryig to defend the ball
* pilot- did well behind the stumps but his form with the bat really concerns me, he is not getting the runs with the bat he used to
* The tail- we need to score more runs with the tail cis this is often where matches are won and lost

jabbar
April 13, 2006, 02:35 AM
agree with almost everything you say, except that I think Bashar's captaincy left a bit to be desired. One example of his below par captaincy was his reluctance to take the new ball (on both innings), and his lazy batting in tehg second innings setting a bad example for his teammates.

Sovik
April 13, 2006, 02:48 AM
Positives

* 138 from Shahriar Nafees
* 2 good half centuries from Bashar and Rajin
* Rajin's temperment
* Mashrafee, Enamul, Rafiq and Shahdat

Negatives

* Ashraful's over confidence and lack of patience :mad:
* Inclusion of Aftab :confused:
* Bashar's run out in 2nd innings and wicket throwing shot in 1st innings:mad:
* Javed Omar, he contributed in 2 good partnership but the way he got out was frustating
* Bashar's effort as a captain. He should have talk to the bowlers more often
* Mental toughness and 2nd innings collapse:mad:

ammark
April 13, 2006, 03:30 AM
Comments:

Bashar as Batsman: His first innings example was superb. His 2nd innings dismissal however was very irresponsible. As the senior and most highly regarded member, his attitude came down heavily on the other players.

About Ash: I cannot criticise him because of the way he got out. But I criticise him for how he carried his innings - both his innings.

About Aftab: He deserves as much chance as Ashraful to stay in team, to try to play the confident innings he used to play, and learn from experience. He has been toyed with by inclusion and then exclusion, and the most irresponsible explanations and comments from the selectors

Bashar's Captaincy: Credit must be given where credit is due. He was out there on the field, and he is the one playing and leading. Our judgments matter last. However he has continually been defensive in his approach. This isnt necessarily a bad thing, but with a team that has sooo many inexperienced but excellent individual performers, the onus was on him to be more positive, aggressive and imaginative at times, and try and make things happen. His docile body language reflected on the whole team when Gilchrist was batting in his innings.

crickwizard
April 13, 2006, 03:30 AM
* Basher - dispite what some say i think that he had a very good game. he batted well in the first innings and i thought he captained very well, he brought on rafique for an over before lunch on the second day and he got a wicket, brought jr on just after lunch aajind got a wicket in the first over

Give me a break. If there is ONE single reason of BD lost, this was this dumb being BD captain