PDA

View Full Version : Banglas popular in AussieCricket

Donny
April 13, 2006, 05:35 AM
The Banglas/Aussies first Test certainly caused healthy activity in AC.net

We had 241 posts and 3137 views to the Test topic. For comparison, the 3rd. Test against Sth. Africa attracted 87 posts and 1002 views.

In fact, the 3 Tests against SA notched fewer posts (217) than the one Test against Bangladesh.

BanglaCricket was obviously very busy as well. So much so that I couldn't get in. :)

Ejaj
April 13, 2006, 05:41 AM
HI Donny. I also noticed a stir in Aussie Forums. I checked out Planetcricket and Channel 4 Forum and Posts were just flooding. Never seen this before for a test match Agasint BD. Btw.. I have a great respect for Aussie fans and I consider them most freindly along with SL fans. ITs great to see such reaction in the media..:)

fwullah
April 13, 2006, 07:06 AM
I also could not get into bc forum sometime.

Ahmed_B
April 13, 2006, 11:26 AM
Thanks to the Aussi fans for being so sporting.

Just one curiosity I have from visiting your forum:
Is this the first ever test match for which you guys opened seperate threads for almost each day of the game? I could not see that happening for any previous matches on your forum. :)

helal
April 14, 2006, 07:44 AM
this site was too busy sometimes........during the last test.Don't like to see in again during the next test.If possible do something to keep it smooth.

Donny
April 14, 2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks to the Aussi fans for being so sporting.

Just one curiosity I have from visiting your forum:
Is this the first ever test match for which you guys opened seperate threads for almost each day of the game? I could not see that happening for any previous matches on your forum. :)

Some of the Ashes Tests required the opening of new threads but generally there's just one for a Test match. It just makes it a bit easier if a reader wants to go back to a certain day.

During this wonderful Test we also broke daily usuge stats records, for the whole site - twice ! :)

Spitfire_x86
April 14, 2006, 10:11 AM
This test was also popular at our fellow English member Rob's board (www.cricket247.net). So far their match thread has 420 replies. Quote from one of the posters (http://tms24.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=international&action=display&thread=1144363756&page=21#1144933617)
Yes, I realised this morning that I was posting on page 20 of the Aus v Ban thread. Whole international series and some England ODIs don't make it that far on this board

Tigers_eye
April 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
Just think what will happen if China becomes a cricketing nation. :) No record will stand on hits, views, posts, pages etc. Good game. The next one will be better. We will strick harder than ever (inhallah, god willing).

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2006, 10:35 AM
This test was also popular at our fellow English member Rob's board (www.cricket247.net (http://www.cricket247.net)). So far their match thread has 420 replies. Quote from one of the posters (http://tms24.proboards40.com/index.cgi?board=international&action=display&thread=1144363756&page=21#1144933617)

lol...looks like the pommies are more eager to watch australia lose than their own country win. :)