PDA

View Full Version : One thing we're forgetting in the hoopla....

capslock
April 13, 2006, 09:51 AM
This was a damn good game of test cricket!

It had everything:

Minnows versus Giants.

Brash youngster blazing to a century against world champions.

Brash (old) leg spinner being embarrassed by a team he had bad mouthed.

An aggressive wicketkeeper saving the match for his team by finding his touch just in the nick of time.

Wily old veteran SLA almost holding off an entire team's march to victory.

Dramatic run-outs.

Spectacular batting collapses.

Aggressive fast bowling.

Captains' knocks on both the first and last days.

And completely uncertainly about the result until almost the last 10 minutes.

This test match was no less enthralling than the ones from last summer's Ashes and I feel privileged to have watched it. And this is me talking as strictly a cricket fan.

Rubu
April 13, 2006, 09:52 AM
But at the end we lost by 3 wickets that we should have been won :(

Carte Blanche
April 13, 2006, 09:55 AM
Right said Rubu.

I think it was ATMR who had the sig - Only ones who remember you after you lose are: long time wife and your dog.

At the end of the day, it's just another red mark in our report card. On the positive side, it will shut up many people calling for a tier system - which ICC has already ruled out.

Mr-Cricket
April 13, 2006, 10:01 AM
Great game no doubt. Yes, we played out of our skins for most of the game. But that doesn't change the result, and it really is small consolation for our players. Not only was it physically draining for them, it was also a morale sapping loss - one that will be hard to swallow for a few players in particular. (Bashar is a great guy, he really is, but I just wonder, looking at his face during Australia's second innings; whether he will ever be able to get over this game - he really was a shattered man in the post match presentation ceremony).

Do you think the Aussies look back to Edgbaston with fond memories?

Carte Blanche
April 13, 2006, 10:05 AM
But they do of Headlingley.

oracle
April 13, 2006, 10:29 AM
Hayden's runout was truly monumental. Especially thrilling to see such feats in a test match when you expect such runouts in ODIs.

Mr-Cricket
April 13, 2006, 10:34 AM
Hayden's runout was truly monumental. Especially thrilling to see such feats in a test match when you expect such runouts in ODIs.
Oh come on! Enamul had 3 stumps in full view! Clarke's run out of Bashar! That guy has one killer throw! And he does it what, every second game? Reminds me of Ponting in his prime! (in terms of fielding).

fai_hasan
April 13, 2006, 10:44 AM
Good news is good news. Bad news is we lost.

that the final news actually.

helal
April 14, 2006, 07:42 AM
This was a damn good game of test cricket!

It had everything:

Minnows versus Giants.

Brash youngster blazing to a century against world champions.

Brash (old) leg spinner being embarrassed by a team he had bad mouthed.

An aggressive wicketkeeper saving the match for his team by finding his touch just in the nick of time.

Wily old veteran SLA almost holding off an entire team's march to victory.

Dramatic run-outs.

Spectacular batting collapses.

Aggressive fast bowling.

Captains' knocks on both the first and last days.

And completely uncertainly about the result until almost the last 10 minutes.

This test match was no less enthralling than the ones from last summer's Ashes and I feel privileged to have watched it. And this is me talking as strictly a cricket fan.

u r damn right!!!

thebest
April 14, 2006, 09:56 PM
Blaming HB for his pathetic run out but forgoting more pathetic out of JO in second innings. What he was playing ? He just saw Nafees gone. When he and our selector would learn?

Sovik
April 15, 2006, 04:23 AM
our selectors are happy with javed :E. he contributed in two good partner ship. if he can score atleas 20 runs in a innings of 2nd test, he will be in odi team also :mad:

Shafin
April 15, 2006, 05:23 AM
our selectors are happy with javed :E. he contributed in two good partner ship. if he can score atleas 20 runs in a innings of 2nd test, he will be in odi team also :mad:
........... JO:(