PDA

View Full Version : BanglaCricket Server Problem - can we someting about it?

Frost
April 13, 2006, 11:58 AM
I would like to thank all the administrators, moderators, members of BanglaCricket, and everybody else related to BanglaCricket for such a wonderful service and time. Recently, particularly after installing the new user interface, we are having very difficult time visiting this website. I understand there are many issues related to it, such as, number of members logged in at a time, space, bandwidth, cost of hosting, etc. etc. Is it possible to hold the web hosting company responsible for that? Or we are using a low cost solution, so we will have to accept this? Can we do something to solve this problem? It's painful to see such an wonderful effort goes in vain.

ialbd
April 13, 2006, 12:08 PM
hmm... i thought i read somewhere (in this forum) that vBulletin is capable of handling thousand users at a time (is it?) but its quite often I get 'server too busy at the moment' message and I am denied access. With the last one it used to happen only during the matches....

I hope this is just a temporary problem...
________
Toyota hz engine history (http://www.toyota-wiki.com/wiki/Toyota_HZ_engine)

Mahmood
April 13, 2006, 12:08 PM
Cost is a huge issue for a non profit site like us. However, we are working on this, trying different options, server upgrade is the last option, if all fails, we will do that.

So bear with us....

Nasif
April 13, 2006, 12:09 PM
Thanks for post. Rest assured we working hard to fix this issue. BanglaCricket is on a dedicated server. It is not cheap by any stretch of imagination.

The recent lag that everyone is experiencing during game time is coming from high popularity of BanglaCricket and exponetial increase in server hits. We working on number solutions and upgrading the forum software was one of them.

Hopefully we will be able to solve the problem soon. In the mean time please hang on with us.

Thanks.

GuruTM
April 13, 2006, 12:40 PM
I have tried to use the User control panel. Everytime i have replied to a thread the forum software automatically subscribes the thread for me and keep tracking of that post/thread. I am not sure, but i think if you guys could disable this option unless the user wants to subscribe, would make the server work faster.

Nasif
April 13, 2006, 12:42 PM
I have tried to use the User control panel. Everytime i have replied to a thread the forum software automatically subscribes the thread for me and keep tracking of that post/thread. I am not sure, but i think if you guys could disable this option unless the user wants to subscribe, would make the server work faster.
We have enabled that option. But this is not what is making the forum slow. It is the amount of refresh during game time, thats cause the slow downs.