PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh will perform better in the second Test: Reasons??

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 12:43 PM
Bangladesh has made one big step in test cricket and earned valuable pride and confidence which will boost them ahead of 2nd test and certainly they will perform good if not better in the second test. Reasons??

- First of all Bangladesh will try to retain the hard earned pride & they have the confidence to do that.

- Aussies have tired legs and they will be more tired after first test as they have to fight for 5 days in hot humid condition.

- Aussies are making change in the side and will probably leave Warne out that will further boost Bangladesh confidence.

- Ashraful, Aftab has failed to perform in first test and they will certainly come up in the second one.

- Our bowlers have performed well and bowled better compared to the aussies and they will continue their good work.

-Wicket will be more favourable to our bowlers and will not act like fatullah's one (was too god in 4th & 5th Day)

So, we have every reason to beside our team and next match can be again another historymaker. ;)

madash
April 13, 2006, 03:00 PM
Australia are gonna give their 100% effort, so we HAVE to be extremely cautious. they will try to end the test in 3 days i can tell you that...so there is a chance that they might not perform well.......all we can do is pray to god and mabe Allah will bless us with better performance

ASA
April 13, 2006, 03:05 PM
Miraz - I second you. We WILL play better in the second test.

But about your point #4 - somehow I am not so confident about those two.

:mad:

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 03:19 PM
Australia are gonna give their 100% effort, so we HAVE to be extremely cautious. they will try to end the test in 3 days i can tell you that...so there is a chance that they might not perform well.......all we can do is pray to god and mabe Allah will bless us with better performance

Dear Madash, we need to pray Allah for his gracious help but apart from that I have enough confidence our team will do much better. Its now going to be team and only Almighty's help is not required for their better performance. Almighty Allah is gracious and generous to his every creation.

Rubu
April 13, 2006, 03:22 PM
Bd will do much worse in the 2nd test.

Reason? Expectation threshold.

fishyguy
April 13, 2006, 03:24 PM
I doubt BD can top their performance. If they play better than this in the 2nd test they'll WIN!

KricFreak
April 13, 2006, 03:34 PM

I totally agree.

Bangladesh has a tendency (more like second nature) to gradually become worse as the series progresses. If they can fight the same way in the 2nd test, it will be a testament of their true potential and will fully deserve to be rated up there with the rest of the "so called" elite teams.

Tigers_eye
April 13, 2006, 03:35 PM
Way to go Miraz. Positive thread.
We will do better inshallah. If that gives us a win that would tie up the series. If we still lose well, no hard feelings. I don't think Ponting and Co. have seen the real tigers yet. One tiger alone is enough to take on any thing, if the tigers hunt in pack watch out. Lets start hunting the .....

6alltheway
April 13, 2006, 03:49 PM
make rans at rate of 4 or 5, we got no chance. We have to learn to grind our way with ran rate of bout 2 or 3 when they are bowling well.

Sovik
April 13, 2006, 03:52 PM
I think bangladesh will fail in second test. and the batsmen will be responsible for that. cause our batsmen never learn from their mistakes

Bancan
April 13, 2006, 03:55 PM
bangladesh will fail in the second test. i really dont want them to but come on thats wat they do.

zakirc
April 13, 2006, 04:14 PM
I totally agree.

Bangladesh has a tendency (more like second nature) to gradually become worse as the series progresses. If they can fight the same way in the 2nd test, it will be a testament of their true potential and will fully deserve to be rated up there with the rest of the "so called" elite teams.

You are talking about the days BD got bundles for less than 300 in the dirst innings .... the day BD conceded at a rate of 5 an over in the oppositions first innings ... the day oppositions got 500+ in thier first innings consistantly.

Now BD is a team that takes lead in First Innings against the #1, they take 7 wickets of the Aussies in 2nd Innings defending 305, they show aggression till the last ball ....

So forget about the days of declining performance and look at a future of Improving Performance and glory.

Bangladesh will win 2nd test inshallah.

ASA
April 13, 2006, 04:20 PM

Allah helps those who helps themselves ... if ALL WE DO is pray, Allah will bless us with a spectacular defeat ... and instead HE will help the Australians for their 100% effort (as you mention). So let's try to be the one giving the best we can ...

mshakir56
April 13, 2006, 04:22 PM
The tigers are unpredictable. You can never know for sure.

sufism
April 13, 2006, 04:38 PM
Miraz bhai, i m not very optimistic about our better performance in the next. for some reason i feel like we are gonna get trashed. i hope our beloved tigers prove me wrong. but if by any chance we played like the 1st test, no matter we win or lose, we will never have to look back ever again. after all, cricket is a mind game. this will give us such a moral boost that ...................... we will forget our sad past and turn in to something else for ever. God willing.

Hatebreed
April 13, 2006, 04:53 PM
It's too early to say.. we don't know what's going on through our players' minds.. I hope this match has given them some confidence that we can do better.. but unless our main players like Ash, Bashar, Aftab, etc can rectify their mistakes we have no chance of avoiding a heavy defeat. Aussies may be tired but they'll be very careful.

Carte Blanche
April 13, 2006, 04:58 PM
bangladesh will fail in the second test. i really dont want them to but come on thats wat they do.

Atta boy! I bet that's what you thought before the first Test too.

exotic
April 13, 2006, 05:23 PM
You are talking about the days BD got bundles for less than 300 in the dirst innings .... the day BD conceded at a rate of 5 an over in the oppositions first innings ... the day oppositions got 500+ in thier first innings consistantly.

Now BD is a team that takes lead in First Innings against the #1, they take 7 wickets of the Aussies in 2nd Innings defending 305, they show aggression till the last ball ....

So forget about the days of declining performance and look at a future of Improving Performance and glory.

Bangladesh will win 2nd test inshallah.

Yeah thats the spirit, com'n guys have some faith in our team. We have already proved that we have the ability to compete with world's best team, so its not impossible to repeat that performance again, after all its just two days away and condition definitely will favor our bowlers and batsmen, moreover aussies will not get sufficient rest in between. So, forget about the past, I have strong feeling that some more surprises are waiting for the aussies. Good luck bangladesh, we all are with u. Inshallah we will demonstrate better show in the next test.

cricman
April 13, 2006, 05:42 PM
we have just a good a chance to perform as well or even better than the first test. I always thought that Bangladesh play better in Chittagong than Dhaka and that as a tour progreeses our play improves as well. Hands down were gonna perfrom and Australia still can't figure out Rafique.

And if you wanna look ahead just a little more I wouldn't be surprised if beat them 2 of 3 in the ODI's.

shamster
April 13, 2006, 06:39 PM
Australia have been given thier wake up call. This test would have real;y fired them up. We have missed our chance to smash and grab. Oh I want us to win just to shut Ponting up. He annoys me so much.

istiak
April 13, 2006, 07:14 PM
- First of all Bangladesh will try to retain the hard earned pride & they have the confidence to do that.

- Aussies have tired legs and they will be more tired after first day as they have to fight for 5 days in hot humid condition.

- Aussies are making change in the side and will probably leave Warne out that will further boost Bangladesh confidence.

- Ashraful, Aftab has failed to perform in first test and they will certainly come up in the second one.

- Our bowlers have performed well and bowled better compared to the aussies and they will continue their good work.

-Wicket will be more favourable to our bowlers and will not act like fatullah's one (was too god in 4th & 5th Day)

TRUE but it could be also true for Aus!! I just hope you are correct...

Miraz
April 14, 2006, 07:21 PM

That's true for old Bangladesh, we now have a new Bangladesh team who have their confidence in their side. Certainly u will find the difference.

BD is going to give a better show this time, thats for sure.

thebest
April 14, 2006, 07:33 PM
Australia have been given thier wake up call. This test would have real;y fired them up. We have missed our chance to smash and grab.

ditto.
sorry to pinch the baloon but an innings defeat is looming.

exotic
April 14, 2006, 07:39 PM
ditto.
sorry to pinch the baloon but an innings defeat is looming.

Not really, I think we will be more generous to Aussies (given that they are the guest here), a normal win like 40-50 runs margin or 4/5 wicket will do. ;) Go Bangladesh, show the world that we can consitently trouble the world no 1.

cricket_pagla
April 14, 2006, 09:43 PM
i have a weird feeling.. this time we're gonna beat Aussies.. (just kiddin').. if its still the old BD.. we're gonna lost this match by Innings!!

mildwind
April 14, 2006, 09:48 PM
Bowlers have been quite on their tasks. I hope batsmen will find a rhythm. IF they can, we will put up a real fight this time.

PoorFan
April 14, 2006, 10:11 PM
I am sure BD will do much better in 2nd innings batting in 2nd test, and will score 300+ runs in 1st innings. At the end BD will lose the test again, but not a huge defeat as usual. Good luck …

I am counting on Enam and Rafique if we play in 5th day.

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2006, 10:20 PM
well it doesn't really matter even if they fail in the second test. maybe we should have won from the position that we'd got ourselves in in the first test, but one should remember that this is the aussies that we're playing, and that even one series ago, we were a side that got beaten pretty comprehensively by a team weaker than our current opponents.

Daddy_Mac
April 14, 2006, 11:11 PM
I think Bd willn't perform as good as the first test cause they are down in confidence....Mash esp. after he is falted for the loss after dropping the catch.....
Aus was cought cold in the first innings...but the will strongly fight back....and Shane Warne was not a factor in the last match he was rather a helping hand to BD in the first innings...

Nilas
April 15, 2006, 01:47 AM
We took 17 world best wickets its not a joke........ it wasn't luck we had to earn.
we mad them scared.....this time we will earn 20 wickets for sure........ and we will win.

Spitfire_x86
April 15, 2006, 02:08 AM
This might be the our downfall, too. If they pick Symonds, then we have reason to worry. He's capable of taking 5 wickets against us. And we are very capable of making Dan Cullen a superstar.

What if they're out of steam? Usually they don't bowl twice (for a long period) in a test.

-Wicket will be more favourable to our bowlers and will not act like fatullah's one (was too good in 4th & 5th Day)
What if Ponting wins the toss and bats first? Maybe you think we will try to get an innings victory! :rolleyes:

ASA
April 15, 2006, 02:26 AM
I'm pretty confident that Rafique is going to walk all over the Aussie middle order again!

Mr-Cricket
April 15, 2006, 08:32 AM
I'm not sure if this has already been posted, or if it's even relevant to this thread, but I found the following facts from Melbourne's 'The Age' newspaper very interesting when I read through it yesterday.

- Since over rates plummeted in the 1970's, only one side - England (407 - Edgbaston, 2005; 3-376, the Oval, 1985) has scored more than Bangladesh's 5/355; against Australia on the first day of a Test match.

- In the past 20 years, only two players (Michael Vaughan - twice; Virender Sehwag - 195 at Melbourne in 2003-04) have scored more than Shahriar Nafees' 138 at Fatullah; against Australia on the first day of a Test match. .

- Adam Gilchrist took 163 balls to reach his century, which makes it the slowest of his 16 Test centuries to date (Previous slowest was 100 off 143 balls in 2001/02).

- In the First Innings, the combined figures of Brett Lee, Stuart Clark and Shane Warne came to a nice round figure of 0-250. In addition, the only wicket takers (Stuart MacGill, Jason Gillespie) did not play in Australia's previous test. This has only occured on two previous occasions in 100 years of Australian Cricket (England, 1953; Pakistan, 1998).

All in all, these are, in a way, pleasing signs of our progress to date. But clearly they do not make up for the defeat in the 1st test. Still, we have reason to be (cautiously) optimistic in the 2nd Test at Chittagong.

thasan
April 15, 2006, 03:57 PM
well, i wish meraz is true.
our history points to a bad performance.
however, the first test showed the world that bd is a different team now. and thats my only hope....i hope and pray they come out from their poor history of discontinuity :)

Ehsan
April 16, 2006, 12:35 AM
I knew what 2nd Test would be like. But Miraz how do you feel now? :)

Nasif
April 16, 2006, 12:36 AM
Those who follow bd cricket, should have no problem at all aceepting this. It is part and parcel of bd cricket.

Ehsan
April 16, 2006, 12:40 AM
Yea, Nasif bhai I was expecting it. But its a problem with people who have just recently started following BD cricket (I had the same problem when I became a keen follower in 1997), they just expect too much too soon. :)

Miraz
April 16, 2006, 01:39 AM
I knew what 2nd Test would be like. But Miraz how do you feel now? :)

I am keeping my finger crossed. A bit disappointed but still hoping someone will do the rescue.

Miraz
April 16, 2006, 01:43 AM
Yea, Nasif bhai I was expecting it. But its a problem with people who have just recently started following BD cricket (I had the same problem when I became a keen follower in 2001), they just expect too much too soon. :)

Dear Ehsan bhai, I am following BD cricket for at least 15 years. I know this can happen at any time but I always hope for the best. Really doesn't matter if I don't get that. I like positive thinking and that paid me in many occasions!!

sar2005
April 16, 2006, 02:42 AM
We all very much aware of how BD is in terms of consistency. Yes, ture that consistency is something (perhaps the main thing) that we are looking from our team, our batsman. What's wrong if some of us think in a possitve way and hoping that BD has really come to a standard? Yeah, if it is not this time, we will see it next time, inshallah!! Looking into the score now (102/5), yes, you can say that we could not make it again. But one thing for sure, we need to come out of our pre-determined mentality of loosing everything even before starting the game.

AsifTheManRahman
April 16, 2006, 07:08 AM
well, we're playing the best side in the world, and they are coming hard at us especially after the way they were driven to a corner in the first test. besides, our players haven't really learnt the art of consistency yet. while this day-one performance is pathetic to say the least, we did take them to the ropes in the last game, and almost won it. situations like these will not arise everyday, but the good thing is that they are occurring more often and at a decent frequency actually. as we play more, our players will become more consistent, and we will probably start beating the bigger sides more often. as of now, i think we should be content with sparkles of glory here and there, seeing that these ARE actually signs of improvement compared to where we stood even a couple of years ago.

it is understood that we got the test status a tad early, and that our players have very little first class experience (yes, even after five years or so of test cricket) compared to the other nations.

so give us time, and we will deliver.

Sovik
April 16, 2006, 08:50 AM
aussies took 10 bd wickets and i think atleast 4 of them were gifts from our batsman. and all 4 were top order's wickets. what a shame. we can't play back to back good innings.

Ehsan
April 16, 2006, 02:35 PM
Dear Ehsan bhai, I am following BD cricket for at least 15 years. I know this can happen at any time but I always hope for the best. Really doesn't matter if I don't get that. I like positive thinking and that paid me in many occasions!!

15 years? Wow! I honestly started following BD cricket from 1997. Before that I used to watch Mohamedan and Abahani matches when I was kid.

I like your courage to think big. But unlike you some people get disheartened if their expectations are shattered and I am one of them, this the sole reason I don't expect too much from our team anymore but I always support them with all my heart. When they perform it just becomes a bonus for me. The senior members here know how I was like even back 2-3 years ago. :)

Imtiazk
April 16, 2006, 02:50 PM
Bangladesh will perform better in the second test/innings/session/month/year etc. etc. is beginning to sound like an "old" gramaphone record. How many times are we going to hear this ?

AussieFan
April 17, 2006, 12:46 AM
Bangladesh has made one big step in test cricket and earned valuable pride and confidence which will boost them ahead of 2nd test and certainly they will perform good if not better in the second test. Reasons??

The Australians value their pride too, more so after the close call in the first test.

- Aussies have tired legs and they will be more tired after first test as they have to fight for 5 days in hot humid condition.

The Aussies have had rest. And they are professionals who play in different conditions. On the other hand, Bangladesh hardly goes beyond lunch on the fourth day of a test. So having gone into the fifth day in the first test, they must have got unusually tired too. So that evens out !

Changing a side is a usual thing in test cricket, especially when a team has been touring for an extended period. As for Warne, he's playing in the second test. In fact, he took three crucial wickets too. Most of all, coming back like that to win would have boosted the Aussies' confidence.

;)
How failure guarantees success beats me ! Then all those who fail should be selected ahead of those who perform as the latter might not perform the next time ! Ash and Aftab have one good bang and a string of failures. Everyone knows that and there are several posts here discussing that.

;)
The Aussie bowlers performed better and that is how Bangladesh folded up for less than 150 in the second innings. And that is how the total runs scored by the Aussies was greater than that scored by Bangladesh. And that is how Bangladesh lost more wickets, 20 as against 17. Anyway that was one match. The second test is another.

;)
The Australians are true professionals and will know how to exploit any wicket, generally much better than the opposition, even when they (the Aussies) are playing away. That is why they are No. 1. By the way, The Bangladeshis are already bowled out for 197 and the Aussies are motoring along at 151/2 in the second test.

So, we have every reason to beside our team and next match can be again another historymaker. ;)
Any match makes history as all matches are recorded in history books. As for the result, there is notihng to indicate that the Aussies will have trouble in the second test. They are very sure of winning this second test with no heartburn. Bangladesh will have to play much harder in this match to have anything to be happy about. The Aussies are all out to make a statement in this test !

Miraz
April 17, 2006, 01:21 AM
AussieFan you right as now your team is performing in the ground. If Bangladesh performed as expected, all my point would have been valid.

Anyway good post from you.

AussieFan
April 17, 2006, 07:18 AM
AussieFan you right as now your team is performing in the ground. If Bangladesh performed as expected, all my point would have been valid.

Anyway good post from you.

Thank you.

The Aussies are performing now...This is what I foresaw.