PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have 2nd innings collapses?

LateCut
April 13, 2006, 01:15 PM
I often wonder why we have second innings collapse. If we analyze the first test there does not seem to be any obvious reason. I do not think that the Aussi bowling was not that good to knock down 5 wickets for 24 runs. Neither our batting is that bat it had to capitulate like that. Furthermore, it is a disaster that we repeat even against our weakest opponents.

I asked this very question to a cricket coach who played a bit WI and coached club and school teams. He contends those 2nd innings runs will always be lower as bowlers get the upper hand on a deteriorating pitch. However, the ratio of 2nd to 1st inning runs should not be below 60%. The ratio gets lower for inexperienced teams. In his opinion the biggest single factor is the mental fatigue caused by the duration of the game, lack of rest (read sleep) due excitement and poor physical conditioning. He also says it is not much to do with skill level. One curious thing is that if an inexperience (read young) batsman did not performed well in the first innings, more likely than not he will tend to overcompensate for it by taking unwise risks. In this respect, Aftab fitted this description very well.

<O:p</O:p
<O:p
The above may shed some light to our continued second innings failure but does not explain all we observe. For example, examine the Aussi innings. There was Adam who shined in the first but Ponting and Hyden was on hand on the second. Why do we not have more than one person click even if it has to be on different innings? This is where I disagree with old man. No matter how we crave for, we do not yet have the talent to play consistent games. Ash and Aftab will not learn from their mistakes. They will continue to mistake test cricket for school cricket. In the mean time Bash, pilot and Rafique are aging and soon be out of the picture.<O:p</O:p
<O:p

LateCut
April 13, 2006, 01:16 PM
Any thoughts?

sadi
April 13, 2006, 01:46 PM
More mental than anything... they take too much pressure on the second innings.... probably players think the pitch is getting worse and its okay if I get out cheaply and can use it as an excuse... I mean I didn't see any applicaiton in the second innings from our batsman other than rajin... you gotta work hard for your runs specially in the second innings and our players lack that...

pura_pagol
April 13, 2006, 02:27 PM
Pressure of what...?
we had the lead.... we had the wickets..... still we sang the same song again....
:mad:

KricFreak
April 13, 2006, 02:31 PM
I think the cause for 2nd inning collapse is 80% mental. I don’t think our players, especially batsmen, all of a sudden forget their technique in the 2nd inning, rather they just forget how not to keep their composure. What goes in their head is the fact that their performance in the 2nd inning directly impacts the result- what I mean by that is, if our batsmen do bad in the 1st inning, at the back of their head they think that at least they can fix the problem in the 2nd inning, so there’s not too much pressure on them. But if they make any mistakes in the 2nd inning, there’s no fixing it. So they get bogged down with that fear and become vulnerable.
It’s the mental strength that makes a huge difference, even between two teams that are of equal talents (example: SA vs. AUS in the World Cup); needless to say we never enjoy that luxury either, so failure is inevitable.

Tigers_eye
April 13, 2006, 02:40 PM
This may me true for any other match but for this match I thing the players were over confident.

with a lead of 158 they thought the worst they can do is a 200 all out, that would give a 350+ target which would be enough. That means they may have thought the game is in the bag. So rather than showing any kind of patience they played their shots or at least they tried to. (K mashud didn't even offer any shot). So i would say this collapse is different than the other ones. Over confidence is the reason.

rudro
April 13, 2006, 02:50 PM
1. Lack of physical fitness (dehydration and more...). Ask yourself if you would be able to survive two consecutive whole days in the sun unless you do it very often. Our players hardly do that.
2. Lack of mental maturity. After 2 days of grueling concentration..they just lose it.

All that said, I want to repeat Bashar's comment: This won't be the case if they can play the first two days of most tests like this one.

sadi
April 13, 2006, 02:50 PM
I don't think its over confidence... rather they got too excited by the prospect that they can win this game... when they realized they have a good chance of winning, they just brought unnecessary additional pressure on themselves.... they were like we can't let this go... if they were relaxed and played their natural game, we could've easily won this game

rudro
April 13, 2006, 02:52 PM
I don't think its over confidence... rather they got too excited by the prospect that they can win this game... when they realized they have a good chance of winning, they just brought unnecessary additional pressure on themselves.... they were like we can't let this go... if they were relaxed and played their natural game, we could've easily won this game
I disagree. If this was the case, our previous second-innings collapses wouldn't have happened.

LateCut
April 13, 2006, 06:40 PM
It cannot be over confidence. I did not spot any batsman accept Rajin who looked comfortable on the crease. They just did not believe that a repeat of the first innings is possible. This is why I shudder at the prospect of the 2nd test. Aussies has something to prove. They will want tp wrap up the test within 3 days to show the world that 1st test was a fluke. On the other hand BD might just agree.

I hope it is not so.

Hasib
April 13, 2006, 06:49 PM
Well there is one positive here I can see. In the past weatehr Bangladesh callopsed or not would not have made a difference in the outcome of the match. They realy learnt no lessons and just dismissed as "oh everyone has trouble in the second innings....who cares." Now that this has cost them a match they will most definately take a good long hard look at themselves inshallah...if we have manged to pull it of they won't have learnt that lesson.

Bancan
April 13, 2006, 08:18 PM
i think they were over confident and i think they had a thought that they already done so much that there is no need to play carefully

PoorFan
April 13, 2006, 09:06 PM
Now that this has cost them a match they will most definately take a good long hard look at themselves inshallah...if we have manged to pull it of they won't have learnt that lesson.

Are we sure about that??
What the hell our management and coach are doing on this huge repeated problem?

<!--StartFragment -->Looks like to me typical Bangali "working hard" process will not solve the problem in short time. seems to me they all recognize 2nd innings as somewhat a problem, but not specific, detailed and individual ( each players ). And also don't have the specific plan to fix it ( individual and as a team ), as well as common understanding and determination on it. It's seems to me they are all "working" in their "mind" only and all apart, not having enough class together and training on it, Hence at the end "result" remains as usual.

<!--StartFragment -->If they don't sit down all together and figure out what exactly the problem is on playing 2nd innings, and how to play according to each individual merit and skill, as well as game situation and pitch condition, other than that how a team can improve only by saying or thinking ( we have to improve 2nd inn. )? I just don't understand how a team can fail over and over if they worked on a problem and have the common understanding on it.

I am not sure but seems to me they never discussed thoroughly ( all together ) and sorted out each individual shortage and problem ( playing in second innings ) and the way out of it. If they doing it properly in every series ( before starting 2nd innings ), I don't see why and how they are making the same mistake every time, at least there should some improvement by now.

Somebody should seriously do something on this matter.

<!-- / message -->

exotic
April 13, 2006, 09:50 PM
As far as batting collapse in 2nd innings is concerned, I don't see Bangladesh is doing any worse in 2nd innings comparing to other test playing nations (actually our average for both innings is well below par but quite similar), rather the difference of average run between 1st and 2nd innings is lowest in case of Bangladesh (since 2000 to till date). In case of SA, WI, NZ, SL the difference is huge.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 422pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=562 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 122pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5924" width=162><COL style="WIDTH: 30pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1462" span=10 width=40><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 25.5pt" height=34><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 122pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 25.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=162 height=34>Batting
Average</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>BD</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>AUS</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>SA</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>ENG</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>WI</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>ZIM</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>NZ</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>IND</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>PAK</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>SL</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.25pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=19><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 14.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=19>1st Innings (2000-till date)</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>22.00</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>43.70</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>42.60</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>35.90</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>34.00</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>28.80</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>38.00</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>38.70</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>35.50</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>38.00</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>2nd Innings (2000-till date)</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>19.30</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>40.90</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>31.90</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>31.70</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>23.50</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>23.70</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>26.40</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>32.70</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>33.90</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>28.80</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Overall</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>20.70</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>33.60</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>30.70</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>31.70</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>32.80</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>26.50</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>28.10</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>32.60</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>32.60</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>31.30</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
You can see from the following table, how bangladesh have fare in each innings (year wise)

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 252pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=335 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" span=2 width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 53pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2560" width=70><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 55pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2669" width=73><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 25.5pt" height=34><TD class=xl37 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: black 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 39.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 height=53 rowSpan=2>Year</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: black 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 204pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=271 colSpan=4> Batting Average</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.25pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=19><TD class=xl45 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 14.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 height=19>No of
Innings</TD><TD class=xl43 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 53pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=70>1st
Innings</TD><TD class=xl45 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64>No of
Innings</TD><TD class=xl44 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 55pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=73>2nd
Innings</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=17><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2000</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 1</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>40.00</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 1</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>9.10</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2001</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 8</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>17.80</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 8</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>21.90</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2002</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 8</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>16.80</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 8</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>16.50</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2003</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 9</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>21.60</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 9 </TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>19.10</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 14.25pt; mso-height-source: userset" height=19><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 14.25pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=19 x:num>2004</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 8</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>25.90</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 7</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>19.20</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2005</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 6</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>21.50</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 6</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>23.00</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2006</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 3</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>32.60</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num> 3</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num>17.60</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17> </TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"> </TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"> </TD><TD class=xl36 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Overall</TD><TD class=xl40 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num x:fmla="=SUM(B3:B9)"> 43</TD><TD class=xl41 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num="21.981395348837211">21.98</TD><TD class=xl40 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num x:fmla="=SUM(D3:D9)"> 42</TD><TD class=xl42 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" x:num="19.366666666666664">19.37</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

It is interesting to note that, we have actually done better (on average of course) in our second innings during 2001 and 2005. But yeah, for current year its really some sort of worry for us, as the difference is almost 15 runs.

Now, if we compare the run scored (per over) by bangladesh with others, it is interesting (considering the pitch condition get worse in the 2nd innings) to see that only in case of bangladesh the scoring rate in 2nd innings is higher than the first innings, I think we have something to do with that.

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 422pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=562 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 122pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 5924" width=162><COL style="WIDTH: 30pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1462" span=10 width=40><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 25.5pt" height=34><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 122pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 25.5pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=162 height=34>Run Scored per Over</TD><TD class=xl38 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>BD</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>AUS</TD><TD class=xl38 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>SA</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>ENG</TD><TD class=xl38 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>WI</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>ZIM</TD><TD class=xl38 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>NZ</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>IND</TD><TD class=xl38 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>PAK</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 30pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=40>SL</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>1st Innings (2000-till date)</TD><TD class=xl41 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.85</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.78</TD><TD class=xl37 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.19</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.17</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.09</TD><TD class=xl37 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.72</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.07</TD><TD class=xl37 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.15</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.25</TD><TD class=xl37 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.22</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl39 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>2nd Innings (2000-till date)</TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.96</TD><TD class=xl35 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.63</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.90</TD><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.13</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.83</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.73</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.80</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.16</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.24</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.18</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl40 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Overall</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.90</TD><TD class=xl36 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.85</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.66</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.65</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.97</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.65</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.50</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.77</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.85</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.98</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Year wise scoring rate:

<TABLE style="WIDTH: 347pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=462 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 48pt" width=64><COL style="WIDTH: 74pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3620" width=99><COL style="WIDTH: 71pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3437" width=94><COL style="WIDTH: 81pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3949" width=108><COL style="WIDTH: 73pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3547" width=97><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 48pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=64 height=17> </TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 74pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=99> </TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 152pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent; mso-ignore: colspan" width=202 colSpan=2>Run Scored Per Over</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; WIDTH: 73pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" width=97> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Year</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">No of Innings</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">1st Innings</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">No of Innings</TD><TD class=xl26 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">2nd Innings</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2000</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.60</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>1</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>1.95</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2001</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>8</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.57</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>8</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.81</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2002</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>8</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.86</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>8</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.07</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2003</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>9</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.76</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>9</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.77</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2004</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>8</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>2.80</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>7</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.17</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2005</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>6</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.25</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>6</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.16</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right height=17 x:num>2006</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3</TD><TD class=xl28 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.35</TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3</TD><TD class=xl29 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num>3.21</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl27 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17> </TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"></TD><TD class=xl32 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"> </TD><TD class=xl30 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: #ece9d8; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: #ece9d8; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"> </TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" height=17>Overall</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num x:fmla="=SUM(B3:B9)">43</TD><TD class=xl33 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #ece9d8; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="2.8565116279069769">2.86</TD><TD class=xl31 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num x:fmla="=SUM(D3:D9)">42</TD><TD class=xl34 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: #ece9d8; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" align=right x:num="2.9690476190476187">2.97</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

LateCut
April 13, 2006, 09:54 PM
One problem is that BD approaches each inning as a 1 day fair. While it may work in first innings (as it did on the first day) when the wicket plays true, this tactic is very unlikely to succeed on a 3rd inning or 4th inning pitch. Did any of our batsmen scored a 200 ball century? It probably never happened. BD should take lesson from Punter's innings on how to bat on a deteriorating wicket.

rudro
April 13, 2006, 10:34 PM
Now I know why there is a discipline named "statistics" and a professional group termed "statisticians" whose job is to form hypothesis and accumulate evidence for or against it - for, most people don't know how to.

LateCut
April 14, 2006, 09:07 AM
Great work Exotic! It just proves the point that our batsmen do not have 'test' mentality which was so amply demonstrated by Ponting on the 4th and 5th day.