PDA

View Full Version : Ponting still queries Bangladeshi bowlers' ability

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 03:36 PM
Ricky ponting is coninuing his arrogancy, after such a brilliant performance by Bangladeshi bowlers he still quesries the ability of Bangladeshi bowlers in fast bouncy wicket.

His quote from Sky Sports news

"They were really good in these conditions but I want to see how they fare in Australia."

Ponting is not ready to give any credit to BD bowlers and beleives its the BD wicket that played the role not the bowlers.

Ponting should learn how to respect opposition. I am really waiting to see our bowlers dominate aussies in Australia in near future.

TheWatcher
April 13, 2006, 03:42 PM
I think Punter is playing his silly mental game here.

Tigers_eye
April 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
শালা, কি আর বলবো। দেশে থাকলে দশ বারোটা পচা ডিমের স্বাদ পেত। আস্ত একটা বদমাশ। ঠিক মত গালিও দিতে পারছি না। অনুগ্রহ করে কেউ আমার লিখা অনুবাদ করবেন না। ধন্যবাদ।

Translation: Ponting is the boss. He is the captain of the winning side. He has every right to say anything he wishes. More power to him. (This is bulletine board material for the BD team to be motivated.)

6alltheway
April 13, 2006, 03:46 PM
I think Punter is playing his silly mental game here.

next thing we know, BD takes 7 or 8 wickets in austrailia and ponting has come up with another excuse.

Sovik
April 13, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ponting would not have given credit to our bowlers if we had won. he would blame players burnout, tiredness and pitch. but we know how good our bowlers are. its the batsman who spoiled the chance

Sorry
April 13, 2006, 04:03 PM
this is what ponting said:
"This was one of my better centuries as the team needed the runs desperately," Ponting said. "We really had to work hard for our runs and full credit to the Bangladesh bowlers for their fine job in the match.

"They were really good in these conditions but I want to see how they fare in Australia."
i thought it was fair comments. what is the point of posting only half of the things he said?

Hatebreed
April 13, 2006, 04:07 PM
Ponting is very sly, he's trying to attack our bowlers who worked really hard to get us so close to humiliating the Aussies.. but it's better than saying 'Bangladesh didn't deserve to win'.. We know where we've failed but I hope the boys will correct their mistakes and strike back.

layperson
April 13, 2006, 04:08 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Ponting shud take his thuts and s**** them up his A**..............i m proud of BD's performance nd wish for the day wen we beat the auusies in australia ... this wont be very far inshAllah .... if ponting's trash talk can get me so angry .. it shud motivate the players much more to strike back .... i loved the way shahadat nd mashrafi were aggressive with the aussie batsmen...if i was a player representing the national team .... i wud be so damm pissed tht i wud give my blood to get them down on their knees ... nd the best reply to ponting's words will be a bd victory against this aussie team.... nd if the players r motivated by his rubbish then the victory might even come in the second test inshAllah...

mshakir56
April 13, 2006, 04:17 PM
I am really proud of all the players in our team, because I never dreamed of putting Australia under this kind of presuure in a test match. Good Job indeed. I know that Mashrafee missed the crucial catch, but he shouldn't feel depressed about it, because if he does, he will only get worse. I am bit worried about Mashrafee's morale after he missed his catch. I bet he is really deprssed. I hope he will get over it soon.

billah
April 13, 2006, 05:16 PM
Let the 2.85 Aussie runrate speak for itself...and how many deliveries they had to play for the winning run after the scores were even? See you in Chittagong, Ricky...

Anher
April 13, 2006, 06:06 PM
Winning is everything!!! Losers lose in all way!! Thats what is happening aginst BD. Whatever performance u show...u still a constant losers after playing 5 yrs. Its australian style to play mind game aginst any team when they r on a series.

We still a loser at the end of the day!!

Miraz
April 13, 2006, 06:11 PM
this is what ponting said:
"This was one of my better centuries as the team needed the runs desperately," Ponting said. "We really had to work hard for our runs and full credit to the Bangladesh bowlers for their fine job in the match.

i thought it was fair comments. what is the point of posting only half of the things he said?
U got it wrong, mate!!

He had to admit the first part as it was evident infront of everyone but his arrogance was in the second part and thats the message he wanted to deliver, same report in the mobile version (Vodafone live) says 'Ponting challenged the home bowling attack to prove their worth abroad'. So you understand whats the message everybody is getting out hiw words.

shamster
April 13, 2006, 06:38 PM
Thats why he will never considered a great a legend ! Like Maradona was not and Pele was I know its football but same concept.

Stumped
April 13, 2006, 07:04 PM
The australians always have an excuse when they are failing. In aussie there is never that much media cover as its like they choose to ignore the fact they are loosing. Ricky has no right to say alot of things, i feel, and the annoying thing is he will continue saying BD do not deserve test status etc untill we start winning more frequently against them and other top sides. Yes point taken we do well at home but if they are the "world class side" they say they are then they should be able to beat BD anywhere and not use the country or venue as an excuse... but thats what aussie's are good at i guess. BD will rise... its only been a short time and they have done so well... 2-3 years the top teams will be fearing BD... me personaly can't wait to see BD fight it out as well as Australia!

Flipper
April 13, 2006, 07:12 PM
Don't worry, Ponting is going to release another statement soon, "I was wrong,..."!

Stumped
April 13, 2006, 07:17 PM
Him admit he was wrong?! Ill eat my hat if he does!

ghalib.imtiyaz
April 13, 2006, 07:20 PM
its common knowledge that Aussies like to the mental tussles by playing psychological mindgames. it speaks of a sickening mindset though he would prefer calling strategic mind games. Stupidity knows no limit but this is anything but sheer arrogance.

Flipper
April 13, 2006, 07:20 PM
Him admit he was wrong?! Ill eat my hat if he does!

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvaus/content/story/243655.html

Stumped
April 13, 2006, 07:32 PM
he THINKS.... i dunno that article has many pro's and con's. He is still putting BD down somewhat. he needs to come out and say "i was wrong" not i think!

Frost
April 13, 2006, 07:58 PM
"His majesty" Mr. Ponting is entitled to his opinion. That does not change the fact. Our bowlers did a great job. I'm sure they will much better in bowling friendly pitches in Australia, England, and South Africa (assuming he is referring to those "holy wickets"). If his bowlers are sooooo great they should have done great in this not-so-good wicket of Fatullah. Or does his statement imply that his batsmen are stupid and they cannot bat well in these condition?

Sorry
April 13, 2006, 08:06 PM
U got it wrong, mate!!

He had to admit the first part as it was evident infront of everyone but his arrogance was in the second part and thats the message he wanted to deliver, same report in the mobile version (Vodafone live) says 'Ponting challenged the home bowling attack to prove their worth abroad'. So you understand whats the message everybody is getting out hiw words.
I am aware that Ponting had questioned about BD test status and earned reputation being minnow basher. In these particular comments, as a winning captain, he gave full credit to BD bowlers for their performance and on the other hand, he challenged them if they can prove themselves in different conditions, which is very legitimate and valid inquiry.
He has received his critics he deserved for his previous comments but I only judge comments on it’s merit – not because of his reputation and I am not going to show knee jerk reactions to everything he has to say; and, btw, that doesn’t give you right to judge whether I am right or wrong

fishyguy
April 13, 2006, 08:14 PM
Theres nothing wrong with Pontiongs comment at all.

What is with some people here with putting a negative connotation on everything Pontings says. Grow up will ya.

Its not just Ponting I think everyone wants to see how Bd bowlers bowl in Australia.

KizRAV
April 13, 2006, 08:28 PM
I totally agree with fishyguy i would love to see how Bd bowlers bowled in australia, he wasnt really saying the Bd bowlers were rubbish, he was just doing what alot of captains do, speak their mind, i dont think he would have meant any disrespect to bd bowlers, he would have known he would look like a fool if he had.

LateCut
April 13, 2006, 08:57 PM
Ponting is trying a damage control. You can't blame him for that. You must have repeat performance to prove that it was not fluke.

mildwind
April 13, 2006, 10:45 PM
Dont listen to that guy. All we need to do is avoid him. Whenever he speaks like that show ur back to him. Would not that be a sight when no one is listening to what he has to say? Whenever ur talking abt him ur giving him a big favor indeed. It is your choice whether to give favor or not to give favor.

insideedge
April 13, 2006, 11:08 PM
The fact is, Ponting has given credit to Bangladeshi bowlers in this test. Now ask yourself this question,can Australia chase a 300+ total in the fourth innings on a viciously turning track against bowling attacks of Sri Lanka or Pakistan or India ? Most likely Australia would have been bowled out for under 200.

Ahmed_B
April 13, 2006, 11:14 PM
There is nothing wrong with this comment. Ponting praised BD's spirit very much and so Gilchrist and Gillespi.

This is a comment that any captain would want to make to uplift his side's morale. And don't forget... that only the winning side gets the right to make such comments.

We are already a rising cricket team.. and our fans need to grow some self-confidence too to be emotionally capable to ignore these comments.

Kothay kothay ato mind kore ki labh?

Ishtylish cricketer
April 13, 2006, 11:16 PM
Egiye Cholo Bangladesh! Amio chachi oke kichu gali deiy kintu boarder rules bhongo korte chai na.

Miraz
April 14, 2006, 03:20 AM
Theres nothing wrong with Pontiongs comment at all.

What is with some people here with putting a negative connotation on everything Pontings says. Grow up will ya.

Its not just Ponting I think everyone wants to see how Bd bowlers bowl in Australia.

Its not about putting negatives on what Ponting says. Its the attitude of Ponting which hurts. Its a general thing that every team strruggles in unfamiliar condition. Australia is struggling in Bangladesh and their pace attack seems to be ordinary. Should we straightaway ask the worth of aussie attack in Bangladesh?

Aussies escaped luckily in this match and after that they are quering worth of BD attack in Austraia!!!

Yap Ponting is the winning captain and in ur views he can say anything he likes, no matter how stupid is that??

Mr-Cricket
April 14, 2006, 03:44 AM
As 'Ahmed_B' said, some of you guys really need to grow a thicker skin. There is nothing wrong with what Ponting said - give the guy a break! Sometimes I think some people like winging just for the sake of it. Grow up!

AsifTheManRahman
April 14, 2006, 06:18 AM
nah, asholey bhaloi hoise. next time we go to australia and bowl them out for nothing much, he'll have to eat his words again :P

and then when our batsmen ruin the day for us, bashar can say "I wonder how they would do in Bangladesh....oh wait, we did face them in Bangladesh and they were a whole lot of crap...sure we collapsed in the second inning but that's what we always do...the bowlers had nothing to do with it" :)

Tigers_eye
April 14, 2006, 08:52 AM
Winning is everything!!! Losers lose in all way!! Thats what is happening aginst BD. Whatever performance u show...u still a constant losers after playing 5 yrs. Its australian style to play mind game aginst any team when they r on a series.

We still a loser at the end of the day!!
I disagree with you. This is not the Australian style. May be an arrogant Ricky Ponting minnow bashing style. Australians gave credit where credit was due before this captain. They stood up to the bully (England, SA) when opponents tried to trash talk/sledge. When you are the best team playing the worst team you don't need to play mind games. Just say, "Good performace, see you in chittagong."

His doubtful comments only reinforces his belief that we still don't deserve to be a test playing nation. At least that's how I see it.

Hasib
April 14, 2006, 09:12 AM
This is a clear challange to our players... we must therefore challange them on Australian Soil....and that way inshallah his arguments will dry up for good

Spitfire_x86
April 14, 2006, 10:19 AM
I disagree with you. This is not the Australian style. May be an arrogant Ricky Ponting minnow bashing style. Australians gave credit where credit was due before this captain. They stood up to the bully (England, SA) when opponents tried to trash talk/sledge. When you are the best team playing the worst team you don't need to play mind games. Just say, "Good performace, see you in chittagong."

His doubtful comments only reinforces his belief that we still don't deserve to be a test playing nation. At least that's how I see it.
We did bully them in the first couple of days, didn't we? ;)

Anyway, at the present state of our cricket this kind of comments are more valuable than formal pat in the back.

Mr-Cricket
April 14, 2006, 10:31 AM
The way I see it, Bangladesh (one their day) is seen as a genuine threat to any side - we now have the ability to seriously challenge/beat almost anyone. And accordingly, we can come to expect these sort of questions being raised (and it is a genuine question). It's all a bit of mindgames more than anything. It will come as a shock to many initially, but personally, I think we should start taking these comments as a compliment (in that we have come this far).

sadi
April 14, 2006, 10:50 AM
Yeah I see it the same way. Let Ponting say whatever he wants. It will only show his insecurity after the first couple of days performance. I will take it as a compliment. I mean how many teams in recent days could gave Australia trouble like this? We are getting better and we will be a true force in world cricket real soon. The process began long time ago but just recently, it has started to pay off. We have these bunch of guys for sometime and now that they are quite experiences, they will continue to improve and shock many teams just like Australia.

rudro
April 14, 2006, 12:00 PM
ব্যাপারটা হছে এমন - "শালা বাড়ির সামনে পাইয়া এমন মাইর দিছস! আমার বাড়ির সামনে দিয়া যাইছ, তোরে মজা দেখামু!!"

KricFreak
April 14, 2006, 02:03 PM
“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” - Sir Winston Churchill.

Guys,

I think we all need to take positives out of these negative comments. All these comments from Ponting only validate Bangladesh’s elevation in test standard. Let me tell you why.....

When we first went to Australia in 2003, Steve Waugh did not question BD’s test standard, none of their players did (other then their media). In fact their cricketers lend hand in helping us while the series was going on. They genuinely tried to help (I think) since they did not see Bangladesh as a threat.

Back then, the cricketing relationship between AUS and BD was like father and son; they knew that the gap between these two countries is so vast that even with enormous help from them BD won’t be good enough to challenge them.
Where as the cricketing relationship between other countries, such as our neighbours, and BD is like older brother vs. younger brother. They know that we are not as good as them but got the potential to be better if helped.

I think the difference in point of view between AUS and the other two countries mentioned above, is also true in Steve Waugh and Ricky Ponting’s case. Steve Waugh was a living legend when we toured AUS last, though Ponting is a far superior batsman then Waugh, but he is no where near to Waugh in terms of a cricketing personality. In 2003, Steve Waugh saw BD more as a student of test cricket who was not smart enough (I meant lack of talent) but was willing to work hard, where as now, Ricky Ponting sees BD still as a student of test cricket, but only smarter, hard worker and hungrier for success who has just enough ability to challenge them in any form of the games.

So you see, Ricky’s negative comments are more because of his own comfort…….he is afraid, afraid of loosing to BD and be disgraced as a captain cause he knows how it feels to loose to Bangladesh. These comments are not from Ricky Ponting the great batsman rather Ricky Ponting the vulnerable Australian captain. So don’t get hurt by those comments, in fact it should only make us tougher.

SMHasan
April 15, 2006, 10:46 AM
হাবার বাচ্চা পন্টিং শাহাদাত এর বাউন্সার খেয়ে ও কিনা বলে আমাদের বোলাররা ভাল না!তবে কি ওর মাথায় না মেরে পশ্চাদ্দেশে মারা উচিত ছিল বাউন্সারটা? :)

Ahmed_B
April 15, 2006, 10:50 AM
Wel said KricFreak

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2006, 10:58 AM
yeah, well said. i'm pretty sure you're right. but don't you think he's spoken a bit early? ;)

i mean he just got hit on the helmet on a dead pitch. if he's really looking forward to meeting us on bouncy aussie soil, then he's got some major problems to deal with buddy. :)

safaat
April 15, 2006, 11:35 AM
One thing. Ponting just din mention the bowling but the performance. My question is how many teams specially teams from sub-continent fare well in Australia. Majors teams such as Pakistan, Srilanka and India only succeeded because of a second string Aussie attack.

And up until 2004 when they beat Srilanka and India, the Aussies used to struggle in the "slow and low" picthes of the sub-continent.

So if he wants to decide Bangladesh's test status on the basis of performance in Australia or abroad then every major test playing nation's status in the game is in doubt. India, Pakistan and Srilanka struggle in Australia, Newzealand, South Africa and England. South Africa, England and Newzealand struggle in Srilanka, India and Pakistan. So this means, that including Bangladesh and Zimbabwe, South Africa, India, Pakistan, Srilanka, Newzealand and England have test stuatus that should be taken away because there performance in unfimiliar conditions or abroad is doubtful.(forget WestIndies they lose in any condition).

I really think some1 needs to write about him in such a paper which goes into the aussie dressing room.

Braveheart
April 15, 2006, 01:13 PM
I actually agree with what Ponting says. Our bowlers did pretty good on the first match. However, our bowlers are yet to prove their abilities outside of the country. Batsmen are partly to blame for it though. Since the bowlers never get enough run to bowl for it is harder for them to prove their worth. Bangla cricket pitches are very slow and it is very hard for the players to adjust to the international playing condition.

thasan
April 15, 2006, 03:50 PM
Ricky ponting is coninuing his arrogancy, after such a brilliant performance by Bangladeshi bowlers he still quesries the ability of Bangladeshi bowlers in fast bouncy wicket.

His quote from Sky Sports news

Ponting is not ready to give any credit to BD bowlers and beleives its the BD wicket that played the role not the bowlers.

Ponting should learn how to respect opposition. I am really waiting to see our bowlers dominate aussies in Australia in near future.

this sick person needs a great deal of spanking from aussie supporter.
i hope he loses another one dayer and then learn to fix his attitude.:E:E