PDA

View Full Version : Only Rafique had a sumptuous dinner..

Imtiazk
April 14, 2006, 04:26 PM
The invitation had gone out to four bowlers.

Enamul came and not used to foreign food, had indigestion after taking a starter !

Mashrafee ploughed in . Eating little morsels, then took a bite of a main course and dropped another one on the carpet.

Rafique had the starter, main course, went back for a second helping and a dessert.

Shahadat forgot about the dinner altogether. Gatecrashed at the last minute, head-banged a guest as they were leaving, just to remind the hosts that he should be invited for the next dinner !!

ASA
April 14, 2006, 04:50 PM
Hahaha ... good one!!! :D

crazyisland
April 14, 2006, 07:16 PM
Brilliant.. :D

Hope Enamul will get used to foreign food soon...

And by the time Bashar arrived at the dinner it was a bit too late...party was over!

BD Tigers
April 14, 2006, 07:36 PM
good one. but what abt apetizers???

cricket_pagla
April 14, 2006, 09:44 PM
:D... grt article!..

FagunerAgun
April 14, 2006, 10:29 PM
hehhehe. Excellent!

What's about the capitan Bashar..so sloppy that forgot to catch the train to the dinner for the bowlers.

Hatebreed
April 14, 2006, 10:41 PM

same thing as starter

rudro
April 14, 2006, 10:59 PM
I thought there were some Kenyan apetizers on the table enjoyed by the whole team!

layperson
April 14, 2006, 11:05 PM
great analogy imtiaz bhai .... next test aftab nd ashraful will join rafique for the full course dinner ..hopefully .... if they do then god save the aussies.....

mildwind
April 14, 2006, 11:11 PM
what a thought:-):D

i_1_primeval_man
April 15, 2006, 12:52 AM
Shahadat forgot about the dinner altogether. Gatecrashed at the last minute, head-banged a guest as they were leaving, just to remind the hosts that he should be invited for the next dinner !![/QUOTE]

simply great!!!hats off to the master of analogy.

zakirc
April 15, 2006, 01:45 AM
good one :up:

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2006, 02:26 AM
too bad we won't see shahriar nafees feasting on chunks of cheese and margarine...the supply seems to have "exhausted". :(

Imtiazk
April 15, 2006, 02:56 AM
Behind every joke there is pain !

What I find painful is that at the end of the day, despite all that happened , Mashrafee's dropped half-a-catch, Bashar's silly run-out etc., the final target, in the normal course of events, was still enough. This was a wicket where one mistake was all you were allowed. Example: Gilchrist. He played the innings of the match curbing his normal style. Yet, in the second knock, he forgot the basic rule of playing on this surface, i.e. play straight, tried a shot across the line and promptly got bowled.
Clarke played abysmally and he would have got out soon after, if he had not to that ball ! Warne, for a great spinner, had no clue in either innings !

I repeat 307 was more than enough. The reason was not that the Aussies were batting. You cannot compare this wicket to Manchester and Jo'burg. Those wickets were eminently playable. Our bowlers except Rafique just did not have killing instinct to mop up.

We go on about how good Mashrafe is. How many tests has he played ? He is yet to get five wickets in an innings ! Compare him to Brett Lee. He leaks runs like a sieve but does grab wickets. A strike bowler's job is to get wickets, not worry about runs. Effectively, Shahadat is becoming the strike bowler as he proved against the Sri Lankans.