PDA

View Full Version : How do batsmen react to injuring Shoaib Akhtar balls?

bengaltiger
April 14, 2006, 11:37 PM
i haven't been following cricket for quite a while. i saw couple of clip in google video of how he knocked out couple of batsmen with a bouncer or full toss right at their head! i know it's probably not intentional but how did the batsmen (especially brian lara)and their teams and ICC react afterwards? thanks.

Carte Blanche
April 14, 2006, 11:41 PM
There is nothing wrong with a bouncer that hits the head. I am not sure which beamer you are talking about, but if you could post the link to the google video - I may just remember the game. Most likely it was an accident though. Sometimes fast bowlers lose control at the moment of delivery and bowlers usually immediately apologize to the batsmen.

bengaltiger
April 14, 2006, 11:50 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1151850517439779900&q=Shoaib+Akhtar&pl=true

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7042540919365967777&q=Shoaib+Akhtar&pl=true

check these out...pretty fantastic!!

Carte Blanche
April 14, 2006, 11:54 PM
That was a bouncer, NOT a full toss aimed at the head. What is wrong with that? These deliveries are bowled every single day and good batsmen know very well how to negotiate them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Hatebreed
April 14, 2006, 11:56 PM
Shoaib is the killer but nothing right now beats Shahadat's bouncer on Ricky Ponting's head.. it was so satisfying!... and as Shahadat walked backed he kept staring at Ponting to send a simple message- "what?".

bengaltiger
April 15, 2006, 12:01 AM
Shoaib is the killer but nothing right now beats Shahadat's bouncer on Ricky Ponting's head.. it was so satisfying!... and as Shahadat walked backed he kept staring at Ponting to send a simple message- "what?".

funny, lol

bengaltiger
April 15, 2006, 12:02 AM
i felt kinda bad for those batsmen being knocked out like that thou...

bengaltiger
April 15, 2006, 12:07 AM
were the batsmen able to get up and continue batting or nah?

Hatebreed
April 15, 2006, 12:11 AM
Yea but that's Shoaib's speciality, although nowadays he uses the slower delivery quite effectively.. IMO one of the best genuine fast bowlers of modern day cricket.. I remember when he bowled Tendulkar (probably the first time) the stump swung 5 times before it finally landed near Moin Khan.

bengaltiger
April 15, 2006, 12:15 AM
yeah i heard that he bowled out tendulkar in his first delivery against him.

Hatebreed
April 15, 2006, 12:32 AM
lol look at this one-

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4537059883241287476&q=Shoaib+Akhtar&pl=true

tendulkar seeing little birds ?? loool

jayed
April 15, 2006, 02:19 PM
gosh, did u c when that bat simply cracked open. jeez. how fast can this guy go? he's a menace. i'd say even more hostile than malcolm marshall and curtly.

he does it intentionally 2. he isnt particularly known 4 being a gentleman.
rememba wen he dismissed dravid, and he turned his head around and smirked.! lolllllliiieee!