PDA

View Full Version : enamul might be out

truetruetiger
April 15, 2006, 05:30 AM
hearing from cricinfo, enamul haque has a slight injury and is unlikely to be played. the selectors have called up abdur razzaq on short notice. but chittagong is a pacer friendly pitch, so should have we called up syed rasel instead?

Sovik
April 15, 2006, 06:00 AM
oh man, this is a bad news prior to the game. don't know about razzaq. but if the pitch is pace friendly then we should include russel and alok kapali for some spining option

Shafin
April 15, 2006, 06:15 AM
Razzaq is quite equally talanted as Enamul,so no need to worry.

Miraz
April 15, 2006, 06:43 AM
Definitely Rzzaq should play if Enamul is unavailable. But real bad news for BD.

Rubu
April 15, 2006, 07:33 AM
Razzaq is quite equally talanted as Enamul,so no need to worry.

I don't think rajjak is even half talented as enamul. I've not seen rajjak doing anything after correcting his action. No, performance against a lowly kenya does not count. Is there any bowler who did bad in that series?

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2006, 07:38 AM
lol...razzaq as talented as enamul? :D

anyways, the pitch in ctg is a pacer friendly one? since when have they installed green tops on any bangladeshi turf?

really - what should we be expecting from the pitch? any ideas?

Zobair
April 15, 2006, 08:45 AM
Actually Razzak can generate some serious turn and bounce. It is his test match "fitness" that I am worried about. Poor Enamul!

zakirc
April 15, 2006, 08:56 AM
O U C H !!

I was looking forward (like may others in this forum) to see Rafiq and Enam bowl in tandon.

Special 1
April 15, 2006, 09:00 AM
RANAAAAAAAAAAAAa

TheWatcher
April 15, 2006, 12:02 PM
Finger spinning that old ragged ball was no joke, he must have lost some skin.

chinaman
April 15, 2006, 12:04 PM
"Bangladesh, who left Fatullah disappointed with the result but delighted at their performance on the first three days, have one enforced change with Enamul Haque jr rated unlikely to shake off finger pains, and uncapped spinner Abdur Razzak has been brought in at short notice."

More on Cricinfo >> (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvaus/content/current/story/244444.html)

chinaman
April 15, 2006, 12:08 PM
Quotes from Tigercricket >> (http://www.tigercricket.com/viewNews.aspx?newsID=108)

Bangladesh were reportedly intent on keeping the same squad that played in the first Test but left-arm spinner Enamul Haque (Jr.) had carried over an injury which was first spotted in Fatullah and is a doubt. Enamul was a definite concern and low left-armer Abdur Razzak Raj arrived in Chittagong in the morning on a short notice. 23-year-old Razzak, who has played 11 ODIs and taken 13 wickets, is all set to make his Test debut if Enamul fails to recover.

“Enamul has an injury with his bowling finger but we will wait till the last moment to see if he recovers. He started complaining in the latter part of the Australian second innings at Fatullah that he was not being able to grip the ball properly. He was not sure when he picked up the injury. It could be result of bowling so many overs after a long time but we are not exactly sure,” Bashar.

ialbd
April 15, 2006, 12:16 PM
Razzak or Enamul?..... hmm thats a thinker
________
Center (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Center)

Ahmed_B
April 15, 2006, 12:16 PM
Chief,
Same topic e 2 threads hoye gelo. :)

Shafin
April 15, 2006, 12:17 PM
Hope whoever plays will get some dish.

BD Tigers
April 15, 2006, 12:21 PM
Well what can u do. If he has injury, then we have to get the next best thing and for the moment its Razzak. I hope he does well in the test.

shamster
April 15, 2006, 01:52 PM
Inshallah Razzaq will do well. Anothe SLA for them to deal with. Can he bat a bit too I hope so we need some more runs. I don't think they will be able to attack Razzaq as they attacked Enamul so lets see.

sar2005
April 15, 2006, 01:55 PM
More than the batting, we need bowling. Can Razzak make aus batsmen uncomfortable as enamul did? I hope he can. We must need our spinners shine to make it a fight.

Miraz
April 15, 2006, 01:59 PM
Razzak is also a good bowler but he lost some variation after getting warning from ICC (change of bowling action might be a reason). Now he is a container rather than wicket taker. I hop he will grasp the chance with two hands and will perform similar like Rajin did against Kenya.

cricket_pagol
April 15, 2006, 03:17 PM
I hope enamul regains his fitness... Razzak will not be much of a strike bowler. According to DS, the pitch is supposed is supposed to be more spin friendly, so definitely need our spinners to be fit!

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2006, 03:20 PM
well if it is so much of a pacer-friendly pitch, then why not play rasel instead of a second spinner? after all enamul's not that effective if he doesn't get assistance from the pitch.

but then again we know about the aussies' vulnerability to spin, and that it might be risky to go in with one spinner only. boy i wish kapali could bat.

pilot fan
April 15, 2006, 03:24 PM
at least rassak can bat a bit could add runs to lowe order

AsifTheManRahman
April 15, 2006, 03:41 PM
yeah but then he'll be in the side for his bowling, not his batting. doesn't matter if he scores 20 odd runs or so lower down the order if he can't pick up wickets (that too at the right times).

thasan
April 15, 2006, 03:48 PM
Finger spinning that old ragged ball was no joke, he must have lost some skin.

yea, the commentators were saying that the ball must be very rough when bd was bowling.
anyway, lets see razzak...if he does well, we will be able to show the world that we can afford to leave quality spinners out of our test squads.:D:D

cricketboy
April 15, 2006, 04:20 PM
We should never play Rasel and play with 3 pacers. The spinners got most wickets in Fatuallah and I think they are more likely to get wickets also in CDS. Razzak may not be as talented as Enamul but he is a turner and that puts him ahead of Rana for test cricket and also he can bat. After Rafiques retirement Razzak and Enamul may be the spinners of BD so it will be a great experience for him.

sadi
April 15, 2006, 05:50 PM
Just a thought... maybe we should have Kapali as the third spinner as a backup if Razzak experiment fails incase Enamul can't play...