PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Miller never misses a Chance!

Thirdman
April 15, 2006, 11:59 AM
The renowned Bangladesh-hater Andrew Miller of CricInfo never misses a chance of Tiger-bashing! He wrote an article on CricInfo on the busy schedule of Test matches these days, and had the perfect opportunity to punch in these lines:

"For all the magnificence of Bangladesh's current challenge against Australia, one wonders what might have happened had the Aussies been given time to acclimatize after their endeavours a week earlier in South Africa."

How I wish for the day when we answer him with a "daat-bhanga" jobab!

Here is a link for the article:
http://usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/current/story/244193.html

Zunaid
April 15, 2006, 12:08 PM
You have blinkered views. If you bother to read his articles, both on Cricinfo and also here, you would need to apologize to AM. You may not like what he said but his point is valid.

Spitfire_x86
April 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
Andrew Millar is "the renowned Bangladesh-hater"? :D

Then most of the Banglacricket members are "renowned Bangladesh-haters" as well.

TheWatcher
April 15, 2006, 12:35 PM
The renowned Bangladesh-hater Andrew Miller....
Mate, this is a very cheap attack on a person who is known as a true well wisher of Bangladesh cricket. I suggest you to read his posts in this forum (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/search.php?searchid=3118).

Hatebreed
April 15, 2006, 12:42 PM
Wasn't it Australia's decision not to waste time for practise matches?... why didn't they go take some rest instead of starting a PGA tour?!

Braveheart
April 15, 2006, 01:01 PM
I love reading his articles. I believe he is a great writer and did in fact raised a valid issue. It is not a cheap shot at Bangladesh.

Braveheart
April 15, 2006, 01:02 PM
The renowned Bangladesh-hater Andrew Miller of CricInfo never misses a chance of Tiger-bashing! He wrote an article on CricInfo on the busy schedule of Test matches these days, and had the perfect opportunity to punch in these lines:

"For all the magnificence of Bangladesh's current challenge against Australia, one wonders what might have happened had the Aussies been given time to acclimatize after their endeavours a week earlier in South Africa."

How I wish for the day when we answer him with a "daat-bhanga" jobab!

Here is a link for the article:
http://usa.cricinfo.com/columns/content/current/story/244193.html

I love reading his articles. I believe he is a great writer and did in fact raised a valid issue. It is not a cheap shot at Bangladesh.

Sorry
April 15, 2006, 01:34 PM
Some BD fans need adrenalin gland transplant to control the secretion of adrenalin hormone. Excessive secretion of this type of hormone may lead to knee jerking reaction and denial of any valid criticism BD faces.

Zobair
April 15, 2006, 01:51 PM
Andrew Miller raises a valid question. I hope he will receive a reply through another impressive Tiger performance in the second test. Surely 5 days of serious test cricket has given Australia all the acclimatization that they need.

Umar
April 15, 2006, 01:56 PM
Why the [] he is after bangladesh?? I think he is jelous of bangladesh. and it will take him no where.

sar2005
April 15, 2006, 01:58 PM
I read many good article for BD by Andrew Miller. He is a real well wisher of bd cricket. Just being a blind fan like us, we can't blame experts for their biasless comments. I don't see anything wrong in his comment. Take it guys and if let's reply with performance if we really need to.

Miraz
April 15, 2006, 02:03 PM
Andrew Miller is a very good cricket writer and is rated well by World Cricket. I have found some mixed articles from Andrew about Bangladesh. He is very generous criticising Bangladesh when we perform below par but at the same time he writes good words about Bangladesh when we perfrom well. That should be the attitude of a professional writer.

He is definitely not a fan of BD cricket like Martin Williamson (I like Martin's article and his positive approach towards BD cricket).

kalpurush
April 15, 2006, 02:22 PM
judhishthir's trick to open a new thread is working well!

thasan
April 15, 2006, 03:42 PM
judhishthir's trick to open a new thread is working well!
well, to be honest, i got hurt when i read the article as well...
but its a valid point. however, its aussies fault, not ours.
also, im hopeful that we can prove him wrong in the 2nd test. :cool:

Thirdman
April 15, 2006, 03:44 PM
Wow! I never realized the thread would cause this much stir! I am truly sorry as it seems like I have hurt so many of your feelings. I never wanted to post a "cheap attack" on anyone. Over the last 7/8 years, I have read so many of AM's articles on CricInfo which were full of negative stuff about Bangladesh - and my post was based on those. I wanted to quote some of them here, but CricInfo's search engine is not so good, and of course I don't have all the time in the world to do that. If I ever find his negative articles about Bangladesh, I will try to show you.

It is true that all those negative articles were published sometime back, and recently he hasn't written in those lines much (until this recent one that we are talking about).

Bottomline is, since he has been able to convince so many of you that he is a well wisher of the Tigers - I want to believe that too. I will keep an eye on his writings in future and try to get convinced myself also. And an apology will surely follow as appropriate.

Until then, lets not discuss this anymore.

cricketboy
April 15, 2006, 04:28 PM
If they played practice matches the excuse would have been "tired due to unnecessary practice match".

deshpremi
April 15, 2006, 04:42 PM
WHAT A LOAD OF BULL.
No Judishthir, don't appologise, cos you are absolutely write to bring up this issue.
Its not only Andrew Miller, but also everyone else including Martin Williamson and Ponting.
Prior to Fatullah, the Aussies had played 15 , YES, FIFTEEN BLOODY TESTS and whilst they were thrashing everyone, they were happy to carry on,
but as soon as they they come under pressure from poor Bangladesh,
all these Tom Dick and Harries come out in their droves with excuses about fatigue to undermine the progress of bangladesh.
Shame on you all for agreeing with these Bafoons who refuse to give us any credit.

madash
April 15, 2006, 05:27 PM
totally agree with deshpremi.......i mean honestly dudes, chill!

fishyguy
April 15, 2006, 05:42 PM
There are just way to many whiners on this board. Either they don't understand English or think that BD is beyond critcizm from others.

BanglaCool
April 15, 2006, 08:41 PM
I think it's inferirority complex.

deshpremi
April 15, 2006, 10:56 PM
There are just way to many whiners on this board. Either they don't understand English or think that BD is beyond critcizm from others.

On the contrary,
I think It is plain clear to see whose comprehension of the English language is inadeqoute.
Maybe you should make some analysis of the topics being discussed and try to get some idea of the point being made by an individual, BEFORE trying to take part for the sake of taking part without anything constructive to say to back up your arguments.

BDFan
April 16, 2006, 03:43 AM
Maybe the aussis shouldnt have gone to play golf and shopping on rifles sqaure the day before the test match.. and used that time to practice.. instead of complaining for lack of time ...and maybe people like andrew miller should write an article on how big teams like australia take new teams like BD too lightly and go shopping before the match and then when they find themselves in a bad position, come up with pathetic excuses like cramped schedules...

GuruTM
April 16, 2006, 09:55 AM
I actually agree with Judhisthir. Whenever there is a chance to bash or undermine Bangladesh's performance Andrew is up for it whole heartedely. I remember his articles during the last England tour. Specially the one he wrote after England made 391 against Bangladesh. I have found his writings are bit annoying sometimes as well. He doesn't seem to write many articles on other stuffs rather than about Bangladesh. He seems to derive some kind of pleasure out of this kind of writing. Simply annoying.

AsifTheManRahman
April 16, 2006, 10:01 AM
well what do you expect when a team scores 391 against us in a one-day match?

BDFan
April 16, 2006, 10:08 AM
i cant cite but i remember that he once wrote that bangladesh is "a country of under-acheivers"...

Andrewwisden
April 19, 2006, 10:14 AM
Ho hum ... here we go again. As I have reiterated on several occasions, and as many of you already know, I am an ardent supporter of Bangladesh's right to Test status, and I have nothing but fond memories of my own trip to the country in October 2003. But my job is to be a professional journalist, not a professional cheerleader, and for that I will not apologise. I give credit where credit is due, I was over the moon about the challenge they put up in the first Test, and I will sing their praises from the rafters when they do defeat a senior Test nation. But ultimately my duty is to be objective, not passionate.

And, as for that original statement that kicked off this controversy:

"What might have happened" is a double-century from a stonewalling No. 10 batsman and a probable innings defeat. It's sad but true, and I'd have looked very foolish indeed if I'd allowed myself to think otherwise. Hatred of Bangladesh simply doesn't come into it.

Mr-Cricket
April 19, 2006, 10:35 AM
Andrew Miller - 'the Father of Bangladesh cricket'

>Personally, I dont see what all the fuss is about. I'm sure he's a top bloke. :D

Sauron
April 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
Andrew,
BanglaCricket has introduced a new Reputation system (Rep points) that has been both scorned as being classist and heralded as being useful. (I have reasonably good Rep right now, so I like this system :):D)

If you look at the thread-starter's Rep points, you will get an idea about the respect this poster commands. Don't even feel the need to defend yourself here, no one is such a fool as to mistake you for a BD-hater.

In my personal opinion, I have always seen you to be very neutral and fair albeit sympathetic to Bangladesh's cause. My best regards to you on that account.

Btw, you used to write some behind-the-scene type pieces that actually dealt with the surroundings and people of the host country. I remember one such piece from you during the U-19 WC in Bangladesh. It seems that you are not writing as many of them in recent times. I miss those insightful vibrant pieces of writing.

Wish u the best.

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2006, 10:40 AM
Dear Andrew Miller,<O:p</O:p
We need your love and support to grow as a test nation who would be able to compete some day. We know we are not there yet but certainly we hope we will be there oneday. Negative comments are fine; they (BD players) deserve it when they do not perform but negative imagination is detrimental to our progress. Especially when your article is viewed by hundreds if not thousands every week.

That's all I have to say. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
Cats_eye

Frost
April 19, 2006, 01:48 PM
I believe there is nothing to blame about in Andrew's article. If you really want to blame, you can blame our players and may be the opener of this thread - they making us look bad in others' eyes.

SMHasan
April 19, 2006, 06:29 PM
Whatever people says about our first test performence, we did really well in that match. There is no chance underestimating our deeds.

DotBall
April 20, 2006, 02:07 AM
If words alone could change or create reality we would have own both test matches. A. Miller doesn't loose his sleep over the performance of BD and definately doesn't want to sugar coat anything either. If we play bad and a journalist writes about it then so be it. What is the big deal? Did he write lies about our performance? If AUS had few more days of rest and practice they would have been more prepared. The truth is we missed a great opportunity to beat AUS when they were very vulnerable.

jabbar
April 20, 2006, 02:14 AM
AM makes a valid point. Sorry, but you are out of line to blame him of "BD hating"