PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Web Lists 30 players that could make our squad for the World Cup

cricman
April 15, 2006, 02:09 PM
1) Mohammad Rafique
In his current role as possibly the best left-arm spinner in Asian cricket, veteran Rafique looks likely to be the first name on Dav Whatmore's team sheet come the Tigers' opening encounter with India on March 17 next year. A sublime ODI economy rate of 4.66 glistens when compared with the statistics of his figures, and his powerful hitting from the lower-order adds vital momentum to an often wobbly innings. This could also be Rafique's last chance to embed himself in cricketing history: he will be aged 36 at the dawn of the tournament and a final hurrah would be a fitting end to a career that has saw sweeping changes for his country's cricketing status.

30) Nazmus Sadat
While Bangladesh Under 19s waged their World Cup campaign in Sri Lanka earlier this year, one unselected opener found green pastures on the domestic front. Nazmus has turned from age-group reject to local bully-boy, and the selectors have certainly noticed his potential by calling him up for the 'A' series against Sri Lanka.

http://www.cricketweb.net/article.php?NewsIDAuto=1638

Read 2-29

TheWatcher
April 15, 2006, 02:21 PM
Mushfiq Babu was called up in an A-team match!! News to me.

cricketboy
April 15, 2006, 04:27 PM
I also think our squad will be made out of this players.

shamster
April 15, 2006, 04:55 PM
WOW .. have they missed any one? Surprised they did not mention Shafaq, Talha,

James90
April 15, 2006, 10:43 PM
WOW .. have they missed any one? Surprised they did not mention Shafaq, Talha,
I'm not...two of the most unfairly hyped up players in the country.