PDA

View Full Version : Bechara Aleem Dar, and a growing respect for Rajin

AsifTheManRahman
April 16, 2006, 10:00 AM
Bangladesh v Australia, 2nd Test, Chittagong, 1st Day
Second fiddle, first class
The Verdict by Osman Samiuddin
April 16, 2006

Stuart MacGill rarely looks happy. Not when he delivers the ball, not when he is hit for four, not when he beats the bat and certainly not when an appeal is turned down. Even when he takes a wicket, as he does often, he seems only to be either muttering, or sometimes more intensely reiterating, "I told you so" to selectors, rather than celebrating.

more at : http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bdeshvaus/content/current/story/244573.html

Spitfire_x86
April 16, 2006, 11:52 AM
Rajin's return to form has been a true gain for us in this series. I didn't watch his batting today, but I'm glad to read that his fightback was much more positive today. Plus he didn't get out softly after doing the hard work.

I was never a Rajin fan (in fact, a criticizer during his off-form days), but if he plays few more inningses like that I might join his fanclub soon. :)

Zobair
April 16, 2006, 12:32 PM
Rajin played a fantastic innings. He seems to have the mental side of things well in control...except when he approaches his 50s...he needs to work on that and also I would like to see a 100 from him soon...if possible the second essay in this match. May he go from strength to strength!

Ahmed_B
April 16, 2006, 12:35 PM
I have started to believe that we need few more players like Rajin in our Test team... and perhaps it is time for BD to think about Test Squads and ODI squads seperately in terms of batting. We have been taking out batsmen who are successfull in ODI to be automatic choices for Test matches as well. But we desperately need to find few more Batsmen who have moderate strike rates but better consistancy and put them in the Test squads regularly.

Imtiazk
April 16, 2006, 03:03 PM
I was also not a Rajin supporter. But obviously changing my mind simply on the weight of evidence. I have also written elsewhere that I am not entirely happy about the way Tushar has been treated after the "A" team tour of England. A Bangladeshi batsman who scores 3 centuries and 3 fifty's [ even against "B" county sides ] should not be given just one test. How many chances have Ashraful / Alok / Aftab / Rajin etc etc. have had ? Shahriyar was given the opportunity on less success but then he is a cousin !

Every team needs a Hanif. Rajin could be our Hanif as JO is just not doing the job by playing across the line repeatedly.

Flipper
April 16, 2006, 03:36 PM
Rajin now has a test avg of 30 (29.84) after 17 test matches. A player of quite some character! We see his grits pretty consistently, but I'm sure if he fails even in a single match, people will call for his head consistently. It's time we understand what he brings to the table.

ammark
April 16, 2006, 04:32 PM
Rajin has some real solidity in his technique and has very sound judgement of how to go about with the innings. Hope he continues this forever.

He just has to improve on the way he's been out all 3 times. First time was a tired block to fwd short leg, 2nd one was a frustrated pull, 3rd one was also a cross-bat attempted pull off a short, quicker MacGill delivery on the stumps. Thats twice he's gone off playing cross-bat: a real departure from his otherwise straight bat innings'

layperson
April 16, 2006, 08:27 PM
Brett lee threw the ball at the umpire!!!!!!! this is atrocious.... it will be interesting to see what the match referee does abt ponting and lee's antics on the field during first day .... if they get off without punishment or light ones then it will prove tht racism exists in world cricket nd the match referee should be told to resign frm his position....