PDA

View Full Version : New Zealand are coming up

fishyguy
April 16, 2006, 11:56 AM
One of my favourite teams is New Zealand and it ooks as though they have become quite a force in world cricket right now. They are beginning to develpo a similar "never say die" attitude like the Aussies and for my money are on their way to being one of the top 3 teams in either form of the game. Very good to see.

Xavier
April 16, 2006, 01:37 PM
In the first test against South Africa today, Oram and Vettori had an incredible 7th wicket partnership: from 89/6 to 272/7!

Oram was on his first test since november 2004 and scored an amazing 133 playing at n.6. I guess he'll be excellent replacement for Chris Cairns.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/244507.html

Tigers_eye
April 17, 2006, 09:49 AM
I like Fleming. In the second innings he had 7 guys bolwing and all of them got a atleast a wicket. SA 276/9 one last wicket left. This should a good finish.

cricman
April 17, 2006, 11:28 AM
IMO They've got the best Fast Bowler in the world in Bond only if he could stay healthy with him and vettori it's a very good bowling attack, sort of like a kiwi version of Warne and Magrath.

Hatebreed
April 19, 2006, 10:04 AM
NZ lost... again :)

Ak
April 19, 2006, 10:12 AM
Too bad they lost :)

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2006, 10:16 AM
There is nothing wrong with losing, it is the way they lost 120 allout??? We are seeing 2nd innings collapse in other test nations. That makes me feel a little better. I would not hold grudge against our boys.

bharat
April 19, 2006, 07:28 PM
I have different views about NZ.I think there are one of the most over rated team in WC.
Never seen NZ pose a real threat to the top 4 teams in any of the WC except '92 WC.

People talk abt India being only good at home , but NZ is even worse ..They prepare real bad ones (pitches) at home ..but again ..

BD has a chance against them (in an home series) ...

did they tour BD ??

Bancan
April 19, 2006, 07:44 PM
BD has a chance against them (in an home series) ...

did they tour BD ??
ya they did tour bd i think in 05 or 04. and i dont think bd has a chance of wining against them.