PDA

View Full Version : Tushar Imran - treated badly

Imtiazk
April 16, 2006, 06:25 PM
Tushar Imran had a reasonable tour of England last year in the ODI's.

He had an outstanding tour with the "A" team . He scored 3 centuries and 3 fifties. Given the opposition were second string , but that was the case with our full team as well. Sussex 2nds gave us an almighty bashing !

The reward ? One test against Sri Lanka and then promptly dropped. Given that Ashraful seems to have more lives than a cat. Rajin and Alok make more comebacks than Frank Sinatra. Shahriyar Nafees became a regular even before his century - what does Tushar have to do to get selected and, then , cement his place ?

Does he have no relatives in the Selection Committee ?

cricket_pagla
April 16, 2006, 09:17 PM
Really!... 3.. 100s.. n 3.. 50s.. opponents sounds like street/skul cricketer!

shaoun
April 16, 2006, 09:29 PM
i think tushar imran will get a call back in recent future. he is in great form and i think he will get back in the national team very soon.

cricketboy
April 16, 2006, 09:55 PM
He was a super flop in Bangladesh's tour of Srilanka.

Imtiazk
April 16, 2006, 11:48 PM
Really!... 3.. 100s.. n 3.. 50s.. opponents sounds like street/skul cricketer!

That may have been so. Shahriyar Nafees, Nafis Iqbal, Mushfiqur Rahim were also on the tour. What did they do ?

The teams our "A" team played were actually better than the county XI's our full team played.

Imtiazk
April 17, 2006, 12:03 AM

He played just one test match in SL ?!On that basis the whole team can be dropped.

Bancan
April 17, 2006, 12:15 AM
how can u judge him by one test!:mad:

mshakir56
April 17, 2006, 01:03 AM
I would say that lets drop Ashraful and give him a chance. This way Ashraful will learn a valuable lesson.

sangeet
April 17, 2006, 01:29 AM
Whole team is automatically dropped for almost a year from test. I wonder how this happened.

Look at the other teams. No rest at all. Australia playing bd just after 3 days of SA series. Direct from SA to BD. On the other hand, NZ is now touring the same SA, with a gap of 4-5 days. India pakistan, will be playing in UAE, right after finishing their commitments. It seems like a schedule mess.

Sovik
April 18, 2006, 01:02 PM
He is included in One day team. just saw the news.

exotic
April 18, 2006, 01:13 PM
He is included in One day team. just saw the news.

Is there any other changes for ODI?

cricman
April 18, 2006, 01:14 PM
http://tigercricket.com/MediaDetail.aspx?MediaID=282

mildwind
April 18, 2006, 02:23 PM

Come on. How come you just tell him a super flop when he did not get ample chance like other players? Can you please explain? Please..please. If you do, dont mind to show a comparison with JO, Ash, Pilot.

I am positive Imran is gonna play in national team soon. and he will do get.

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2006, 03:00 PM
Rana got omitted from ODI team too !!!

he could probably have taken rajjak's spot, but then the latter's a pretty handy bowler and useful bat lower down the order in odi's. i'd say it was a close call.

Sovik
April 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
Team Players:
<o></o>
1. Kazi Habibul Bashar (Captain)
2. Khaled Mashud (Vice Captain)
3. Javed Omar Belim
4. <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Md.</st1></st1:state>Rafique <o></o>
5. Rajin Saleh Alam <o></o>
6. <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Md.</st1> </st1:state>Ashraful
7. Mashrafee Bin Mortaza <o></o>
8. Aftab Ahmed Chowdhury<o></o>
9. Tushar Imran<o></o>
10. Khan Abdur Razzak
11. Alok Kapali
12. Shahriar Nafees Ahmed
13. Kazi Shahadat Hossain
14. Syed Rasel

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2006, 03:02 PM
given his minnow-bashing ability, tushar imran will come in handy against zimbabwe and kenya :p

as for now, i don't really mind him getting a game or two against the aussies if someone else fails; i wouldn't pick him in the eleven for the first odi, though. i'd rather go with people who have been in the squad for the last few weeks or so, with possibly a change or two in the actual eleven.

sadi
April 18, 2006, 03:06 PM
as long as javed omar doesn't play... i am happy with any eleven

Mon
April 18, 2006, 03:34 PM
I think Tushar was give many chances which he did not utilize properly. Also from a tenchnical p.t.o.v i don't think he is very proficient(rather implosive,remember his wich against australia?)). I would rather give Nafees iqbal a chance ahead of him to play in the lower order.

Spitfire_x86
April 18, 2006, 04:53 PM
as long as javed omar doesn't play... i am happy with any eleven
Same here__

Anher
April 18, 2006, 05:02 PM
Team Players:
<O></O>
3. Javed Omar Belim (yak)
4. <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>Md.</ST1></st1:state>Rafique <O></O>
5. Rajin Saleh Alam <O></O>
6. <st1:state w:st="on"><ST1>Md.</ST1> </st1:state>Ashraful
7. Mashrafee Bin Mortaza <O></O>
8. Aftab Ahmed Chowdhury<O></O>
9. Tushar Imran<O></O>
10. Khan Abdur Razzak
11. Alok Kapali
14. Syed Rasel

There u go!!! JO in squad:confused: 10 men team again!!!

Albanycrew
April 18, 2006, 09:34 PM
Ashraful should be dropped from the test team...... not because he is not scoring any runs (we have to drop a lot of players judging by that) but the ways he is getting out. If he can't learn how to be responsible after all these years....... the hell with his useless talent. There was no need to chase that ball in the first inning.

Sorry
April 18, 2006, 10:04 PM
I think we should always keep one or two players in the “intensive care” to “do an ashraful”. This has worked for ashraful and after he got released from “intensive care” he performed well and same thing is happening to rajin and kapali. And I also predict it for nafis iqbal. My opinion is to keep an under performing player in the “intensive care” until they are ready to come back again. Bring nafis and tushar in and send ash or aftab in the care home and write a pensioner check for JO.

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 01:18 AM

its not 10 man team yet. just 13 man squad.

tas
April 19, 2006, 01:23 AM
seeing that he averages 6.87, i can see why he's no playing.

russoue
April 19, 2006, 01:35 AM
I would say that lets drop Ashraful and give him a chance. This way Ashraful will learn a valuable lesson.

Ashraful must be replaced by either Alok or Tushar. It would be better if we could drop our beloved captain too, just to teach him some lesson how to run in the crease. :mad:

russoue
April 19, 2006, 01:41 AM
Team Players:
<o></o>
3. Javed Omar Belim
4. <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Md.</st1></st1:state>Rafique <o></o>
5. Rajin Saleh Alam <o></o>
6. <st1:state w:st="on"><st1>Md.</st1> </st1:state>Ashraful
7. Mashrafee Bin Mortaza <o></o>
8. Aftab Ahmed Chowdhury<o></o>
9. Tushar Imran<o></o>
10. Khan Abdur Razzak
11. Alok Kapali
14. Syed Rasel

I am shocked to see that Nafees Iqbal is not there :(. He should be taken in the squad instead of Ashraful. Ashraful fared very poor in last four ODI innings.

russoue
April 19, 2006, 01:43 AM

:D I think he has very good relation with all the selectors. He played with them all.

shaoun
April 19, 2006, 01:46 AM
Ashraful should be dropped from the test team...... not because he is not scoring any runs (we have to drop a lot of players judging by that) but the ways he is getting out. If he can't learn how to be responsible after all these years....... the hell with his useless talent. There was no need to chase that ball in the first inning.
i agree with you. yea he is a talent but i am just tired of seeing how he is throwing his wicket away. he has the ability to score big runs against anyone but he gives his wicket away by playing stupit shots. i think he should be punished for that. he should be dropped from the team and play for a-team or in domestic cricket until he can show some consistancy he should be left out. i dont mean him scoring a hundred or two hundred we know he can do that. but he needs to stop throwing his wickets away. he needs to learn from rajin who i am very proud of. rajin isnt as talented as ashraful but he is earing my respect with the way he is playing.

crickwizard
April 19, 2006, 01:58 AM
Like Gava said, talent without temperament is nothing, just nothing..