PDA

View Full Version : Forum

Ehsan
August 7, 2003, 08:57 PM
Raj bhai, we are oppening our own forum for our school, I need to ask you a question regarding that and may ask some from time to time. Hope you would co-operate. Thanks.

My first question is as follows:
How much Disk Spcae have you used yet for this forum?

Mahmood
August 7, 2003, 11:23 PM
Forums use compression which reduces the disk space used hugely. About 50 MB is enough for this website.

Ehsan
August 7, 2003, 11:42 PM
Thankx but I just wanna get an idea so....How much are you using at the moment???

Did you make this forum or U asked aventure media to desgin it for you?

Are you paying for this?

[Edited on 8-8-2003 by ehsan]

Mahmood
August 8, 2003, 09:59 AM
This forum runs in the webspace we have. So the disk usage includes all other files of the site and I cant tell exactly what the forum uses. Thats why I gave you an educated guess, 50 MB.

The forum came with the hosting package. We simply ran the install script provided by the hosting company.

No, we are not paying for this separately. All we pay is hosting, and this comes in that package.

Tehsin
August 9, 2003, 10:53 AM
Ehsna, we also saw a forum that you can get for 99c a month. I do not have the link to it at this moment. I will try to find it. Do a search on web hosting and forum hosting and you'll find more pricing info.

Arnab
August 9, 2003, 12:16 PM
phpbb is free. and WAY better than this XMB.

Ehsan
August 9, 2003, 03:51 PM
True Arnab...Phbb is better than XMB but Invision is better than Phbb thats what I think.

I installed Invision, it looks very nice & cool & now I'm installing PHbb. I'm stuck between these two PHBB or INVISION :-/ I think I can only make a decission after I finish installing phbb.

Raj & tehsin bhai you guys have any plan to upgrade this board to Phbb or Invision? I'm ready to help.:)

Tehsin
August 10, 2003, 07:05 PM
We will .. eventually. Jokhon ekhan theke hosting onno kothao niye jaabo. That won't be too fay away. We will need more space in the future. :)

Ehsan
August 14, 2003, 02:05 AM
Raj bhai, how much bandwidth are you using at the moment for the site in total? (or just the forum if possible)

Mahmood
August 15, 2003, 09:12 AM
Check u2u.