PDA

View Full Version : BANGLADESH- Learn batting lessons from Gillespie

loyalfan
April 17, 2006, 04:24 AM
All bangladesh batsment should learn lessons from gillespie.

BDMatrix
April 17, 2006, 05:16 AM
For that we have to be taller first.

AussieFan
April 17, 2006, 07:24 AM
...and let the Aussies learn bating from Ash. That'll do the trick !

sadi
April 17, 2006, 08:22 AM
it was really frustating to see gillespie bat... this guy is really annoying and will defend anything.... we can never learn from him.... we are genetically impatient....

cricketboy
April 17, 2006, 10:03 PM

Exactly right. See what application of mind can do even you have no talent in batting. We should learn that.

Locutus
April 17, 2006, 10:28 PM
Gillespie, This guy like a world class batsman against Bangladesh. Perfect tactician. He played some awasome drives.

rudro
April 17, 2006, 11:39 PM
I was about to open a thread with the same title. I am glad I looked through the list. A tailender in Aussie team is frustrating our ace bowlers. Isn't that something?

Hatebreed
April 17, 2006, 11:57 PM
Ace bowlers?.... lol

tutul
April 18, 2006, 12:20 AM
no kidding. what a shame for our batsmen. wish someday they will learn!

ASA
April 18, 2006, 01:20 AM
not only did we revive Gillespie's career by gifting him uselesswickets ... now we are about give his maiden test century?!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Miraz
April 18, 2006, 01:24 AM
We should try to pick wicket at the other end. That will keep Gillespie and will lower the run rate. After ponting's departure run rate is now 3.03 and Gillespie's SR 28.

It seems impossible to take his wicket unless he playes some cross batted shot. Look he is blocking everything and probably he is the batsman with the minimum backlift in test cricket.

Sovik
April 18, 2006, 02:08 AM
our bowlers always struggled against tail enders

battye
April 18, 2006, 04:36 AM
Exactly right. See what application of mind can do even you have no talent in batting. We should learn that.

You have to have talent to score a Test century..

Tehsin
April 18, 2006, 06:23 AM
If this wasn't the biggest insult to BD bowling and our 'talented' batting, don't know what is.

With all due respect to Gillespie, the guy is a BOWLER and he has played over 75 test before this with TWO fifties and he highest of 54. What does he do against BD ? A hundred. If he sticks around, he will probably overtake our first innings total all by himself.

Jodi lojja shorom boley amader batsmen der kichu theke thake, they will try to get a few pointers from Gillespie about patience and determination.

CONGRATULATIONS to Gillespie (and Hussey is not far behind) for an astonishing century. Better late than never. :)

AsifTheManRahman
April 18, 2006, 07:04 AM
chi! gillespie century kore fello! this just goes to show that it doesn't take all THAT MUCH to stay on the wicket and score a few runs. amader batsmanra to gillespier theke kharap na...tahole gillespie jodi ekta bowler howe century kore felte pare amader gadha batsmangula pare na ken?

this is probably the biggest insult to us ever! gillespie kemne century kore? chi chi chi chi....chi!

ijjot shomman bole r kisu thaklo na

sar2005
April 18, 2006, 07:41 AM
Shame on Murtuza! Shame on Shahadat!! Shame on Rafiq!!!!
And about the BD batsman??? Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

sadi
April 18, 2006, 08:20 AM
I have nothing to say.... yeh tho hona hi tha... very unfortunate... but Gillepie did play well and deserves it... annoyed the hell out of me....

DJ Sahastra
April 18, 2006, 08:48 AM
This is sad, i must say.

cricket_pagla
April 18, 2006, 09:54 AM
:eek::eek::eek:
r u outta ur mind?????:mad:

Sovik
April 18, 2006, 10:16 AM
We still have a lot to learn. there was nothing for the bowlers in the pitch and gillispie played with a lot of patience.

rudro
April 18, 2006, 10:54 AM
We still have a lot to learn. there was nothing for the BANGLADESHI bowlers in the pitch and gillispie played with a lot of patience while BANGLADESHI batsmen assisted the Aussie bowlers.
I am sorry Sovik, I had to insert in your post.

SMHasan
April 18, 2006, 10:56 AM
There is nothing for the bowlers in the pitch still we have given our wickets away. What a shame! On the other hand we failed to knock Gillespie out. How the same bowling of Rafique became nailless here in chittagang? This test is gonna be very much disappointing for all of us, I cudn't enjoy even a single day.

shimraj
April 18, 2006, 11:05 AM

Why go that far. We have a good example at home- Rajin Saleh.

Mr-Cricket
April 18, 2006, 11:23 AM
If you bat sensibly in Test cricket, you will surely win alot more games than if you bat spectacularly (hint hint - Mohammad Ashraful & Co.) This is something our batsman (Rajin Saleh aside) can learn from. Sure, it wasn't overly entertaining watching Gillespie bat today (or yesterday for that matter), but he really did hand us a lesson in the art of Batting. You need to look no further than the scoreboard to realise this. (That does not mean you can't still have one or two dashing players in your side)
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Mr-Cricket
April 18, 2006, 11:25 AM
Delete this post, please.

Mahmood
April 18, 2006, 12:27 PM
When Rafiq hit the century against West Indies, I guess all their fans wanted their batsmen to learn batting from Rafiq too.

Hatebreed
April 18, 2006, 12:55 PM
At least Rafique comes close to an 'all-rounder', by our standards.. We know he can hit a cricket ball.. but did you see how well Gillespie defended? He not only hit boundaries, they seemed like proper shots off the book.. To be honest our batting and bowling was pathetic, and we have only ourselves to blame.

Albanycrew
April 18, 2006, 09:07 PM
It's so sad that Australian #9 batsman knows better how to bat in a test than most of our top order batsman. I was really glad when we won the toss cause that pitch had nothing for the bowlers. But we wasted the good fortune. It made me so mad when some of the members here suggested that Saleh should bat more aggressively after the first test. Just like these members our players have no idea about the difference between a test and ODI. They never learn. It's a test for god sake .....you have 5 days. No need to take dumb risks. Some of you reasoned that you need to take on the bowlers aggressively to dominate. Sadly that's the biggest mistake in a test match. I am sure Gillespi's slow/patient innings was able to frustrate our bowlers and destroy their morals better than Ashraful's quick 29. I thought Saleh played wonderfully in first test too. He knew that runs will come as long as he stays there and there was no need to rush. There is a difference between being aggressive and being positive. No disrespect, but it seems like this simple concept isn't getting through the thick skulls of some of our players and some of us on this board as well. I will only ask for one favor, plz do not pass your s tupid wisdom to the next generation of young cricketers. Who knows.....the kid from next door may be playing for BD in future.

PoorFan
April 18, 2006, 09:36 PM
I doubt our batsman has the proper ability to learn and take in account, otherwise they would have improved a lot in test by now. I am really sorry that I have to say that.

Gillespie deserve all the credit, he has done a great job. In every series we make someone's way out of bad form or hero of opponents, this time also no exception. May be we should drop Ash and likes from test to see if they bounce back or learn like Gillespie.

ammark
April 18, 2006, 10:56 PM
Its funny. During 2nd innings of 1st test match I was furious at how irresponsibly our batsmen performed. This match - 1st innings, I gave up hope. - Wasnt very furious, but disappointed and took their innings in stride.

However if after staring Gillespie in the face for 2 days, our batsmen DONT learn a thing or two about how to carry a test match innings, I'll be sorry to say: We probably dont deserve to play Australia in test matches!

Mr-Cricket
April 18, 2006, 11:11 PM
Ok this is getting beyond a joke now - this guy came in when the score was on 1-67, and its now 3- 426. He's already survived longer than any other nightwatchman in Test history, and has just, as I'm typing this, also scored the highest score - 126* - by a nightwatchman. Why am I still watching this?

cricketboy
April 18, 2006, 11:47 PM
He looks to score a double hundred.

Hatebreed
April 18, 2006, 11:57 PM
I wanna commit suicide!!

ammark
April 19, 2006, 12:44 AM
Yawn. This game is so predictable now. I'm sure Ponting is waiting for Gillespie to get 200, and then he'll declare just to spite us!

OZGOD
April 19, 2006, 12:51 AM
Ponting could end up doing a Hodge though and drawing the game instead of going for a win. Wouldn't that look foolish. Ponting needs to make a strategic decision soon.

battye
April 19, 2006, 01:21 AM
Doesn't matter if we draw:

a) We still win the series
b) We lost a day to rain anyway

:) :D