PDA

View Full Version : Captain Bashar and Ought we to be ashamed of this bowling performance?

aosaif
April 18, 2006, 11:54 PM
Clearly this IS a knee-jerk reaction.....but I cannot contain myself. Gillespie gets a hundred and as this post goes to the press, he is belting the ball everywhere. Ridiculous bowling, fielding, a combination of both?

On another note, I have been a long supporter of Bashar as captain, but his field placings and mind-set have finally got to me. Going on the defence so regularly even when the we have the upper hand, eliminating slips more often than he should, and brash beginnings to his innings with a flurry of 4s only to end of getting himself out.....these are NOT acceptable and I WILL NOT accept them. Blame goes on Bashar, end of story, he can cry all he likes but I ain't feeling sorry for him. The only thing that prevents me from launching a full scale attack against him is that dav watmore has allowed this to continue.....so it might be part of their plan (which I clearly don't understand), but I am loathe to criticize Dav after what he's done for our cricket.

AussieFan
April 19, 2006, 12:19 AM
This is for IanW's attention. He made a point about crap bowling during the first test. I would like his views on this second test.

cricketboy
April 19, 2006, 12:28 AM
Gillespie not out 172 at this moment. :mad:

chinaman
April 19, 2006, 12:32 AM
We should give credits where and when it is due. Gillespie has been playing innings of his life. Just as Rafique once played his.

Our bowlers has been trying their best. Even in the absense of any assistance from the pitch, they never hold back. They gave everything they could. So as the fielders.

And talking about Bashar's fault, say whatever pleases you. Just keep in mind we get no one at this moment to fill up his boots.

It is the age old disease of poor display with the bat that gets us down time and again. I wouldn't definetely mind a tripple century from Gillespie if it gives something to learn about batting to our enormously talented bunch to go about batting it out for the rest of the match and beyond.

ammark
April 19, 2006, 12:56 AM
This pitch is useless. The bowlers have bowled their hearts out. However Bashar's leadership doesnt seem to have greatly improved anyway. As Sunny G said "....Shows the limitations of our bowlers and the limitations of our thinking".

Gillespie played well on a batting track like this, he deserves a double-century before any of our "talented batsmen". He played well within his limitations. I'd be satisfied if our batsmen do that same. Depressed and Suicidal otherwise

Miraz
April 19, 2006, 12:59 AM
The pitch is looking lifeless but I am not that sure whether aussie attack will bring back life in this pitch or not???

Its really batsmen who can save our faces and who can further humiliate us..

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 01:21 AM
the lead is not huge and the pitch look very good for batting. our batsman should atleast play until tea tomorrow

Sauron
April 19, 2006, 01:21 AM
I mentioned this in another thread, but cant help but repeat -

This is an idiotic pitch.

Our bowlers got neutered by the pitch. And our batsmen castrated themselves.

After this match is over, the curator needs to dig up the mud and clay and take it home to have it for dinner until he runs out of it.

BonBon
April 19, 2006, 02:34 AM
Dont even drag Dav Whatmore into this. Its the boiling blood of our batsmen. Accept it!

Clearly this IS a knee-jerk reaction.....but I cannot contain myself. Gillespie gets a hundred and as this post goes to the press, he is belting the ball everywhere. Ridiculous bowling, fielding, a combination of both?

On another note, I have been a long supporter of Bashar as captain, but his field placings and mind-set have finally got to me. Going on the defence so regularly even when the we have the upper hand, eliminating slips more often than he should, and brash beginnings to his innings with a flurry of 4s only to end of getting himself out.....these are NOT acceptable and I WILL NOT accept them. Blame goes on Bashar, end of story, he can cry all he likes but I ain't feeling sorry for him. The only thing that prevents me from launching a full scale attack against him is that dav watmore has allowed this to continue.....so it might be part of their plan (which I clearly don't understand), but I am loathe to criticize Dav after what he's done for our cricket.