PDA

View Full Version : Start of a new era- Sporting Bengal FC

Runtings
August 9, 2003, 03:37 AM
Today (sat 9th August) beings a new dawn in Bangladeshi football in UK.

Sporting Bengal United FC (the best bengali football team in UK) starts its maiden season in the English football league structure.

Sporting Bengal will be playing in the Kent League Premier division. This is 7 divisions below the Premiership (Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool) and 3 division below the Nationwide Conference.

Good luck to Sporting Bengal and make us bengalis proud.

Ehsan
August 9, 2003, 11:41 AM
Best of Luck. Hope we win the league :D. Wondering when is this team gonna play against the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd.

nasifkhan
August 9, 2003, 12:57 PM
Great to hear that

Is this is the toured Bangladesh few days ago ?

Can u give details about the team? I mean the players, staffs and others. Who is the sponsor?

Best of luck.

Orpheus
August 10, 2003, 12:29 AM
Releasing near you after 7 billion years!

Runtings
August 10, 2003, 04:22 AM
Nasif-

This is the same team that toured Bd at the end of 2002 where they played the national team in the friendly.

Its quite hard to acquire any info on them as they they dont have their dedicated website.

They lost their first game 2-0 (match report and pics on oppenents website- www.whitstabletownfc.co.uk)

Other websites for info are www.kentleague.com and www.leaguebangla.co.uk

reinausagi
August 11, 2003, 12:15 AM
Orpheus that was quite funny. Bend it like Abdul Kuddus Makhon? I just saw the Bekham (sic?) version of it at the thetres today.:D

Orpheus
August 11, 2003, 10:50 AM
Abdul Kuddus Makhon? lol - must be your cousin since you know the full name.

Anyways, did you enjoy the movie? I thought it was one of the better movies that I have seen lately! (pretty funny). They could have gotten a better looking Indian chick but ah well - I suppose a good looking Indian girl is hard to find.

Best of luck to that Bangali team!

mona
August 13, 2003, 07:31 AM
orpheus!

you are such a typical bangladeshi-living-outside-of-bangladesh male

Kalbaisakhi
August 13, 2003, 10:16 AM
Is it real .

Then i pray for bd football for that.(Although i am not interested in bd football)

:D:D:D:D;)

Mohiul
January 11, 2007, 07:42 AM
Good Luck, Sporthing Bengal FC

Alien
January 11, 2007, 07:49 AM
Good Luck, Sporthing Bengal FC

Never heard of them. Bengali football team in UK, never thought something like that existed!

Maybe, BD can recruit some of those players. They sound like a formidable team. Will help our loser's football team.

gatekeeper
January 11, 2007, 11:51 AM
This is interesting. There's a Cricket team in New York consisting of ethnic Bangladeshis who take part in regular leagues/tournaments (outside of the one held by Bangladeshis). But off course ay UK based soccer league would be of far superion quality than any US based cricket tournament.

cricman
January 15, 2007, 02:00 AM
so which divisio would they need to be to make it to the FA cup or Carling cup or is it a KO competition where they have to win to enter the tournment.

abdulw11
January 15, 2007, 06:55 AM
so which divisio would they need to be to make it to the FA cup or Carling cup or is it a KO competition where they have to win to enter the tournment.

They have already played in the FA Cup, twice I think. However, they played in like, the extra preliminary rounds but did not win.