PDA

View Full Version : Yes or No?

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2006, 03:08 AM
Do you want to see Javed Omar in the BD team again?

PoorFan
April 19, 2006, 03:30 AM
<!--StartFragment -->Hahaha ... Spit, I knew you will come again with this! Well, this time you will have more in your favor. I like to see NI in place of Javed in next test, hope he keep his position intact.

TAQATOO
April 19, 2006, 03:44 AM
if JO has to go. then Ash ([]) and HB ([] Bash) has to go also.

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 03:47 AM
Hell no. i don't want to see his sorry A** again

Baundule
April 19, 2006, 03:58 AM
For the first time, I voted for 'No'. The way he started this innings!!

Mohiul
April 19, 2006, 04:05 AM
I'm not a JO basher niethr JO fan. I voted no and would like my fellow bc members to vote no

Daddy_Mac
April 19, 2006, 04:40 AM
No...nonnononnnononooono...for the thousanth time no..!
How many more thread will be opened on whether Golla(JO)..should be kicked out....

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2006, 04:48 AM
How many more thread will be opened on whether Golla(JO)..should be kicked out....
Till he is officially out of the team or annouces his retirement from international cricket.

Mr-khan
April 19, 2006, 04:50 AM
Oh no!Two people voted "yes".I am really shocked.

thebest
April 19, 2006, 04:53 AM
Oh no!Two people voted "yes".
Do you know who they are
Faruq and Atahar. Prince has yet read the thread. Once he read the thread he would also vote. Also there is vote of HB, who is now batting. DW daughter may vote on behalf of Boss. So if there is more than 5 votes for JO then there is something wrong with the board

PoorFan
April 19, 2006, 04:55 AM
Do you know who they are
Faruq and Atahar. Prince has yet read the thread. Once he read the thread he would also vote. Also there are vote of HB
That's a nice one:D .

thebest
April 19, 2006, 05:12 AM
if JO has to go. then Ash (***) and HB (***** Bash) has to go also.
First mind your language. This is a public forum not your buddy's place
You have very short memory. HB may be a poor captain, irresponsible batsman but he is the only tiger among the cats. Ash may be a wasted talent but once he click he would deliver. The question may be when he click.

zakirc
April 19, 2006, 05:22 AM
Do you know who they are
Faruq and Atahar. Prince has yet read the thread. Once he read the thread he would also vote. Also there is vote of HB, who is now batting. DW daughter may vote on behalf of Boss. So if there is more than 5 votes for JO then there is something wrong with the board

Make that 6 votes, because I still think we need JO to open test matches as well as ODI's. However, targetting the WC '07, and with matches against Zimbabwe and Kenya, it is time to experiment with other openers. Hence, he might be dropped from ODI team temporarily.

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 06:33 AM
6 votes for javed. wow. he still has some loyal fans

Ahmed_B
April 19, 2006, 06:39 AM
No voting is necessary actually.

There are no more test matches in the next 1 year for BD. And since JO is not a regular part of ODI team anymore and we seem to have found an effective ODI opening pair of Rajin+S. Nafees.. JO will be out of international cricket for the next 1 year automatically. And the Selectors are pretty much aware of needing to replace aged JO and will be looking for his replacement through the ODI matches that BD play in the coming year.

Lets just see if Nafis Iqbal/Tushar/Alok or anyone else can take this opportunity to earn their place over JO by being effective enough.

cricket_pagla
April 19, 2006, 07:06 AM
sigh... anoder thread 4 JO.. hahhaha... still som fans (table fan).. want 2 c dem in national side.. :D

thebest
April 19, 2006, 07:45 AM
JO fans are like JO. They never learn and acknowledge their mistake

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 08:00 AM
so its proven that javed stops collapse. i really wanted to see him facing warne but he couldn't last that long

Mr-khan
April 19, 2006, 08:13 AM
JO fans are like JO. They never learn and acknowledge their mistake
lol..what a beamer!

sadi
April 19, 2006, 08:14 AM
he plays test match like odis and odis like test... what a loser... today he scored 19 from 19 balls when we needed him there.... good for nothing....

Hatebreed
April 19, 2006, 08:16 AM
Wow not again?!...

No disrespect, but this increasingly irritating anti-JO movement seems like some glory hunting scheme for imminent victory that's just around the corner! we all know JO's days are numbered... mrito ghorake ar koto chabuuk marben??

Go on give me some bad reputation for speaking the truth.

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2006, 09:12 AM
When did JO become a dead horse? He is still getting selected, and as commentator Atahar didn't criticize him for a single time during the whole series, although he is not so generous when it comes to other BD batsmen.

Hatebreed
April 19, 2006, 09:25 AM
We know there's no more test cricket in a long time so no point arguing on that.. as for the ODI squad, although he's been selected there's no guarantee he'll definitely play.. Rajin will be most likely replacing him.

Don't worry about what Atahar says.. this guy talks about D/L method in test.. what do you expect?

rudro
April 19, 2006, 09:40 AM
I didn't have to wait until the 4th innings in this series to demand Golla's removal. If there was a way, I would have dropped him after the third innings. (Note: I was supporting Golla before the series). How come you are out in 4 innings and all of them are lbw, three of which with the same bowler?

But I still have a soft corner for him. Why? When almost everyone in the team is performing like cats, why expect a tiger-like performance from one? Please don't be a one-eyed person...If there was a test series upcoming, the following should be the order of removal from the team:
1. Ash
2. JO
3. Aftab

sensible
April 19, 2006, 10:09 AM
This is crazy. How can some of you keep quiet about the stupidity of some other so called "talented" "batsman" in BD team and want the head of JO? Did Gillespie not show that you don't need talent to get a high score? What you need is commitment and application. Aren't the levels of expectation is a lot higher for Ash and Bash than for JO? I think this random JO bashing should stop and we should spend more time and energy discussing things that are more helpful to the betterment of Bangladesh Cricket.

Sauron
April 19, 2006, 10:33 AM
Wow! Looks like a revolution is brewing here. JO's support has gone down from two thirds majority to one quarter minority!!!

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 10:43 AM
Wow! Looks like a revolution is brewing here. JO's support has gone down two thirds majority to one quarter minority!!!

Finally they come to realise the fact that Javed is no collapse stopper but start the collapse him self.

and there are few die hard javed fans but didn't reply to this post.

Mr-Cricket
April 19, 2006, 10:54 AM
Poor guy! What could he have done to deserve all this abuse? :D

>Oh, and I vote no. :)

Yameen
April 19, 2006, 11:32 AM
im still a javed fan no matter what esp. for his past comtributions, and ok i will admit his days may be coming to an end, he is gonna be useless in one dayers with loadsa newcomers quein up, n i dont think JO will be good prep for the next world cup! he may not do much in forthcomin one dayers, but selectors shud drop him from one day team. we r havin break from test cricket, so he shud jus concentrate on the first class domestic league games, as he has been in poor form recently.
anyways, i voted yes(so the polls dont look as one sided, lol) as he is one of ma heroes in bd cricket n respect 2 him, tru tiger!

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2006, 02:23 PM
It's 29.17% vs 70.83% now

Little dissapointing ;)

Beamer
April 19, 2006, 03:30 PM
My answer is an emphatic NO. You all have seen his latest display of limited capacity. Having him around is not forward looking as he can't rectify his technical problems at this stage of his career. People who don't see the glaring fault will never see it. Athar can defend his pal as much as he wants.

rupantor
April 19, 2006, 03:38 PM
YES..and not only yes, he should be the captain of the team

Beamer
April 19, 2006, 03:49 PM
Sure he can captain. But the team he will lead will look like this so he looks a winner :
1. Hannan 2 Golla 3 Sanwar 4 faisal 5 rokon 6 babu 7 md selim 8 shanto 9 anwar munir 10 rana 11 nazmul

babubangla
April 19, 2006, 03:59 PM
Sure he can captain. But the team he will lead will look like this so he looks a winner :
1. Hannan 2 Golla 3 Sanwar 4 faisal 5 rokon 6 babu 7 md selim 8 shanto 9 anwar munir 10 rana 11 nazmul

I got the feeling that if this team plays with our current national team, the chance for our national team to win the match or the series will be just 50-50.

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 04:03 PM
I got the feeling that if this team plays with our current national team, the chance for our national team to win the match or the series will be just 50-50.

I agree. the way our batsman and bowlers are playing we could loose to anybody

Anher
April 19, 2006, 04:04 PM
Golla!!! the ultimate moron of cricket comedy. thx spitty. i was planning to open another thread.

babubangla
April 19, 2006, 04:06 PM

And chacha to the crapy team...the balance of strength will be totally destroyed and the chance for our national team to win the match or the series will come down to just 20%.:lol:

Beamer
April 19, 2006, 04:16 PM
Are you telling me that this hypothetical team captained by magnificient Golla will beat kenya 4-0 and beat SL in a one day? I know, we are all down and emotional after 581/4, but you gotta be kidding yourself if you think the current team only ( with all its faults ) stands a 50-50 chance in a game or a series against the Golla XI. Sorry, should have added Chacha in the loser list. Maybe take Rokon out and put him in. He slipped my mind after retirement...

Faceoff
April 19, 2006, 04:23 PM
I wonder if the JO fans and the chacha fans are in the same bracket !!!

Navarene
April 19, 2006, 04:26 PM
A big NO! He is prone to his own technical flaw and it has long been revealed yet our think tank thinks different. But then Nafis Iqbal as an opener is also a tough call. ahhh...koi jai!

babubangla
April 19, 2006, 04:35 PM
I wonder if the JO fans and the chacha fans are in the same bracket !!!
বুঝলেন না, "দুস্থ, নিপীড়িত ও আর্ত-মানবতার সেবায় এগিয়ে আসুন" জাতীয় ব্যাপার আর কি !!

Faceoff
April 19, 2006, 06:44 PM
বুঝলেন না, "দুস্থ, নিপীড়িত ও আর্ত-মানবতার সেবায় এগিয়ে আসুন" জাতীয় ব্যাপার আর কি !!

Kintu JO'er performancer dusshho jontrona,nipirioner shikar ei amader shebai ke egiye ashbe !!!

SMHasan
April 19, 2006, 07:05 PM
জাভেদ ওমর গেলো কিন্তু বাকি ১০ জন কি যাবে? কে কি করে ফেলল যে জাভেদকেই তাড়াতে হবে? ২য় ইনিংসে আমাদের উচিত ছিল টিকে থেকে রান করা কিন্তু ট্রেনটা যে চলেই যায়!ধরতে হবেনা? অমনি মড়ক লাগলো। আমাদের আর উন্নতি হবে নারে ভাই। বড় কষ্ট হয় এসব দেখলে।:o

Mon
April 19, 2006, 11:17 PM
not in a million years.. He had played for us for the last gizillon years without any significant contributions. I think his last viable innings goes back as long as the Pak tour where he scored 60+ runs in a test match.

Miraz
April 19, 2006, 11:39 PM
Really very impressed 20 BC member is voting for yes!!! But why???????

We need a leap now, we need someone like SN who is more capable as an opener and contribute more. Waiting to see another SN to replace JO asap.

Tehsin
April 20, 2006, 12:08 AM
I did not vote. Why bother ? What has Ashraful, Aftab done in the last few tests ? Love the way JO bashers simply ignore the facts and stats presented by the JO lovers. Since I am in neither group, I am enjoying this meaningless threads. The stats do favor JO and makes you wonder, if Ashraful and Aftab really cared about us (the fans), how much more they could have scored for BD in test cricket.

Spitfire_x86
April 20, 2006, 04:30 PM
How does the stats favor JO? Please read this (spitfirex86.googlepages.com/Golla.html) (written by thebest)

It's JO fans who got their facts wrong.

Hatebreed
April 20, 2006, 06:42 PM
Well Spitfire, JO's batting averages since last year (in England) has been higher than both Ashraful and Bashar. Although Bashar's test average improved drastically after his recent performance, Ash's average continues to drop.

Sovik
April 20, 2006, 06:58 PM
No matter what Javed's days are over. even if he gets selected for the 1st odi, he would have to play sensible innings to be in the team. otherwise he will be out and unlikely to make a come back

Locutus
April 20, 2006, 10:07 PM
Yes, in test

Shakalaka
April 20, 2006, 10:56 PM
We should be talking about dropping about Ashraful as well. Atleast from Test squad. JO still needed in Test. NI is good, but is he a test cricket material?? Drop AShraful and add NI or Tusahr Imran.

Sovik
April 21, 2006, 07:11 AM
JO still needed in Test.

Didn't you see him batting in this series? what was he doing? His technic is so poor that he gets LBW more often.

but BCCB can keep him with the sqad as a fielding coach. he is a great fielder

thebest
April 21, 2006, 10:08 AM
JO support base on rise. They thought that if they hide for some days we would forgot his performance. But we are vigilanet. Our lead is cut t0 67% from 80%

Sovik
April 21, 2006, 10:24 AM
our lead will extend if bangladesh team selected JO again. cause he will play an innings to be in the team and that innings will make sure our loss within 20 overs

istiak
April 21, 2006, 11:29 AM
28 for JO now !!

Sovik
April 21, 2006, 07:13 PM
Jo lovers are back. Looks like its going to be a neck to neck contest

Mr-khan
April 22, 2006, 02:48 AM
Jo lovers are back. Looks like its going to be a neck to neck contest
If Javed scores 15+ runs(with multiple lifes)accidently in the 1st Odi,he will get 20 more extra votes.

Sovik
July 6, 2006, 08:38 AM
Once again our selectors gave us something to talk about. what is he still doing in national team. we though we have some good openers for Oneday matches and we are not going to play any 2 or 3 day matches

razath
July 6, 2006, 09:10 AM
JO is the great servant of Bangladesh Cricket. We always appreciate his contribution to BD cricket but many young boys (specialy Mehrab Junior) are now ready to take his place so it's the best time quit.

All hats off to you JO.

thebest
July 6, 2006, 09:14 AM
sovik, thanks for making this thread live again. Those jokers (the so called selectors) all ready pencilled his name in the WC team. To justify that they are giving him to score some cheap run at good pace againest easy opposition. So good luck to JO fan club. Our lead might be cut

Sovik
July 6, 2006, 09:22 AM
lets hope for the best. since he got his chance he should perform

Baundule
July 6, 2006, 10:02 AM
oh!! ****! That old stuff again!!!

Sovik
July 6, 2006, 10:09 AM
yeah, we didn't want to open a new thread to bash golla

rudro
July 6, 2006, 01:19 PM
How about a new thread to bash golla-bashers and another to bash golla-lovers!!
Wait, how about a thread to bash those who posts in this thread?

Spitfire_x86
July 6, 2006, 02:38 PM
Great digging! :bravo:

Ahsan
July 6, 2006, 03:03 PM
very timely! who's the most discussed player in BC? is it Ash, Bash or JO? JO would win that vote for sure!:eek:

Sovik
July 6, 2006, 03:09 PM
How about a new thread to bash golla-bashers and another to bash golla-lovers!!
Wait, how about a thread to bash those who posts in this thread?

not a bad idea. you could start a thread to bash golla bashers like the best, spitfire, me, iknockuout and others.

SMHasan
July 6, 2006, 08:20 PM
Why JO again in the odi team?? What da hell is going on? Don't know why selectors are not growing up.

James90
July 6, 2006, 09:32 PM
Javed Omar > you.

HawkEye000
July 6, 2006, 10:46 PM
ODI Scenario

I think the Javed haters should also be Rajin haters, they have got pretty similar record in ODIs with really poor strike rates.

Mt In No runs HS Avg SR
50 50 4 1142 85* 24.82 52.24 - Javed
37 37 1 875 108* 24.30 56.05 - Rajin

Compare it with the two batsman who got into the ODI team about a year or two back. Though their average is just marginally better but they do have quite healthy strike rates. The thing is 'average' do go up with more experience but strike rate normally remains about the same throughout a player's career.

Mt In No runs HS Avg SR
31 31 4 680 81* 25.18 77.53 - Aftab
17 17 0 496 91 29.17 67.57 - Shahriar Nafees

The good thing for us is that Saqibul, Mehrab, Nazmus, Tamim have done more at the U-19 level then Aftab and Shahriar did at that level. So it wont be bad if we get rid off Rajin and Javed and play some of these young batsmen in the two big tournaments coming up (World Cup and Champions trophy). With such exposure to these young promising players, we would be in a position which would surely allow us to have a team that can do really good in the 2011 WC at home.

Test scenario

As for test matches, Rajin deserves a place in the middle order but Javed should really make way for Nafis Iqbal or Mehrab or Nazmus Sadat.

Just have a look at these stats,

First class average

Javed - 28.06
Nafees - 31.45
Nazmus - 34.97
Mehrab - 35.00

Now look at these stats of current Bangladesh batsman in Test cricket,

Test Average

S.Nafees - 33.50
Javed - 22.10
N.Iqbal - 23.54
-------
Bashar - 34.60
Ashraful - 24.37
Rajin - 29.06

So it's quite clear that the upcoming opening batsmen are all performing better than Javed at the first class level and has age on their side. Also he has the lowest average among other test team regulars. So draw your own conclusion.

Rabz
July 7, 2006, 02:07 AM
spitty mate... JO or No JO, i have to give salute to ur relentless effort for bashing Javed.
but then again, its kinda gettin tedius and boring.
we all been there done that bout this topic, about gizillionth time
so plz ...take a break

Sovik
July 7, 2006, 04:59 PM
let the series begin, then we will be bashing JO like before. and we had a break.

Hatebreed
July 7, 2006, 07:45 PM
JO is a survivor.

bapzmania
July 7, 2006, 09:28 PM
Javed should not play one day cricket…............he should play test cricket aldough his technic is not so good....

thebest
July 7, 2006, 10:07 PM
JO is a survivor.
cockroach also

kfirooz
July 11, 2006, 07:43 AM
Why do you people want Javed Omar out ? why ony target him. Bangladesh is losing, losing for longer than one could justify. With just 15 wins in 125 one-dayers played over 20 years and a solitary win over Zimbabwe in 44 tests, my honest assessment is that Bangladesh is still struggling to come to terms with international cricket even after two decades.
Even if someone tends to excuse Bangladesh for their performances in tests, how could one justify their 108 losses in 125 matches in 20 years.
Now who is to blame ? Javed Omar ?
Look at the batting averages (since Omar is a batsman) of some current players that many have a high regards for. Asharful 24 and 19 in tests and ODIs respectively, Rajin Saleigh 29 and 24, Nafees Iqbal 23 and 19 whereas Javed Omar has 22 and 24 which looks to me on par with the current Banladeshi standards.
Moreover the whole team's test and ODI batting average has been 20. The argument not to play Javed anymore is unfair while an entire team is underperforming. This was the case with Khaled Mahmud earlier who was booed and insulted as if only he is the only weaklink in the side.
The problem lies with the whole system, the management, their strategies, the team and their attitude, their lack of application. Moreoever the over-expectant fans and the media with an over-estimation of a very modest team, asking them to deliver the impossible like establishing world records etc.
Fans and media showering the team with lavish praise after one win and thinking they should now go and concur the world has only contributed to the players' over self-esteem in some way. On the other running them down and insulting them when losing is increasing unneccessary pressure.
Let them first get the basics correct so there will be gradual improvement in records. A missing Javed Omar from the team list alone will not make the difference.

thebest
July 11, 2006, 07:52 AM
Within 3 days JO supporters made lots of ground. One other thing, this thread has a terriable rating. JO supporters making lots of work :)
Mr Firooz look at this (http://spitfirex86.googlepages.com/Golla.html), you would understand why JO, why not others. In that lots of myth concern JO has been busted.

kfirooz
July 11, 2006, 07:52 AM
Why do you people want Javed Omar out ? why ony target him. Bangladesh is losing, losing for longer than one could justify. With just 15 wins in 125 one-dayers played over 20 years and a solitary win over Zimbabwe in 44 tests, my honest assessment is that Bangladesh is still struggling to come to terms with international cricket even after two decades.
Even if someone tends to excuse Bangladesh for their performances in tests, how could one justify their 108 losses in 125 matches in 20 years.
Now who is to blame ? Javed Omar ?
Look at the batting averages (since Omar is a batsman) of some current players that many have a high regards for. Asharful 24 and 19 in tests and ODIs respectively, Rajin Saleigh 29 and 24, Nafees Iqbal 23 and 19 whereas Javed Omar has 22 and 24 which looks to me on par with the current Banladeshi standards.
Moreover the whole team's test and ODI batting average has been 20. The argument not to play Javed anymore is unfair while an entire team is underperforming. This was the case with Khaled Mahmud earlier who was booed and insulted as if only he is the only weaklink in the side.
The problem lies with the whole system, the management, their strategies, the team and their attitude, their lack of application. Moreoever the over-expectant fans and the media with an over-estimation of a very modest team, asking them to deliver the impossible like establishing world records etc.
Fans and media showering the team with lavish praise after one win and thinking they should now go and concur the world has only contributed to the players' over self-esteem in some way. On the other running them down and insulting them when losing is increasing unneccessary pressure.
Let them first get the basics correct so there will be gradual improvement in records. A missing Javed Omar from the team list alone will not make the difference.

Miraz
July 11, 2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Kfirooz

Why you are going backwards, to justify Javed's position in the team??

Bangladesh have won 12 ODI's in last 2 years when they played a total of 30 ODI's. Bangladesh played 95 ODI's in previous 18 years and Managed to win only 3 of them. Javed belongs to that era not the current one.

Moreover the whole team's test and ODI batting average has been 20.

Again comparing 20 years span doesn't make sense. Over the last 3 years Bangladesh's team batting average is 25.7 in ODI and 23.8 in test's.

Javed Omar is a real dedicated cricketer of Bangladesh team with limited ability. Now players with better ability is coming and will eventually replace him. This is a certain thing in ODI's and will happen in tests within years. That's the truth.

A missing Javed Omar from the team list alone will not make the difference.

But definitely will be a step to go ahead in right direction.

Tigers_eye
July 11, 2006, 09:30 AM
Hawkeye has a great point.

I use to support Javed's inclusion back and question Ash's inclusion, however, now there are plenty of good players waiting in the wing. All they need a little more experience. We have replacements for Ash, Aftab also if they continue to flop in the big stage.

Spitty, this is my 1st post in this thread. You should be proud of me.

Spitfire_x86
July 13, 2006, 01:10 PM
Cats_eye, your Zidane bashing has been really impressive :up:

You'll do an even better job if you join our anti-Javed club. Zidane is a great player, JO is not.

Sovik
July 14, 2006, 05:47 PM
Golla got few more days as Kenya tour postponed.

Sovik
July 27, 2006, 06:52 AM
he did a decent job in first match, 45 runs at a srike rate of over 50. thats really good if we compare his innings with ashraful's innings. 12 from 32

Rabz
July 27, 2006, 07:01 AM
missing comments fm anti-JO club?? guys u here??
wanna see some fire work before the first odi... plz guys...

Sovik
July 27, 2006, 07:11 AM
javed lovers are back in full force. the series isn't over yet, even its not started yet. there are plenty time for javed to bore us if he gets chance. Rajin should play instead of javed. but what can you do. that guy score a boring 45 and those were important. i guess javed hit 7-8 4's and blocked 50-60 balls

Duck
July 27, 2006, 11:26 AM
Whatever you think, say, or eat your humble pie:
JO was/is/will be there!!
His days are numbered in the team. So as others!
Perform or perish! He performs.
He is given a task for the team. He is doing that.
If he cant, he will be thrown out. Dont worry. He will be.

Duck
July 27, 2006, 11:27 AM

Fazal
July 27, 2006, 11:45 AM

Good Post Pion Bhai. Hannan came and gone, nafis Iqbal came and gone, but Gullu some how manages to stay. Beacuse he may be doing something right atleast delivering what he was asked by the coach (may not what the fans wants hiom to do).

The real question is who will go first for good?

Is it Gullu, or Ashraful or Rajin or Alok or Nafis Iqbal or Taposh or even Pilot, Rafique or Bashar?

We will see. But my gut feeling is "he will keep on going..." with diminishing role .... but he will out-live some of the players mentioned above whether we like it or not

Ahmed_B
July 27, 2006, 12:15 PM
...he will out-live some of the players mentioned above whether we like it or not

You can comfortably replace that 'we' with 'Spitfire' or some other JO haters on the forum. Disliking or not appreciating a player is one thing... but some fans really go as far as hating some particular members of the National side. This sort of 'complete negative bias' is often seen against not only JO.. but also Rana or Tushar Imran or sometimes even players like Nazmul etc.

It's almost as if like 'I dont like your face... so whether u perform or not.. u gotta be out of the team!'

Hatebreed
July 27, 2006, 01:40 PM
^ Nicely put Ahmed_B.

I picked Rajin for the 1st ODI, even though Javed still deserves his place in the team and should be given a chance whenever required.

Sovik
July 29, 2006, 06:21 AM
Does he deserve a place in this team. Ashraful, Aftab & Nafees are young and will learn from their mistakes but he is too old to learn new tricks

Spitfire_x86
July 29, 2006, 10:43 AM
Ahmed_B, can you still confidently say Javed deserves a place in the team after watching today's match?

If Ashraful/Bashar got themselves out in similar fashion, everybody would want their head. But JO is of course an exception. One terrible WC is enough to finish Ehsanul Haque Sezan's international career, but JO is untouchable despite having too many poor serieses. Pedro Collins couold finish Hannan's international career, but is there any bowler in any country who can finish Javed's international career?

JO lovers should export him to play for the new teams which just got ODI status. They can use someone like Javed for a while.

Ishtylish cricketer
July 29, 2006, 10:45 AM
Nice this again. I say drop him and force him to retire. Saleh and Kaps are the accumulator in the BD team don't need another one. I think they should bring in Nafees Iqbal or Tameem Iqbal or try even Mushfiqur Rahman as an opener. Anyone would better than him. JO's technique is horrendous as well i don't know why are the selectors reluctant to drop him but I have heard that he has a good political lobby backing him up. So, I think even if whole of Bangladesh minus few that like him sign a petition for him to retire he would still play. He's a disgrace!!!

Sovik
July 29, 2006, 10:58 AM
JO lovers should export him to play for the new teams which just got ODI status. They can use someone like Javed for a while.

do you think ireland, netherland or namibia would want javed. till now i though at least he is good for fielding but he dropped a dolly.

javed is good for nothing. he is the worst opening batsman ever. in history of cricket

Spitfire_x86
July 29, 2006, 11:08 AM
At least these teams could use his experience. We have players with similar experience level in Bashar, Rafique and Pilot. So his only weapon experience is useless for us.

Sovik
July 30, 2006, 02:59 AM
do u still believe that he deserves a place in this team. got out in 5th over

oracle
July 30, 2006, 06:40 AM
It's a pity that we are wasting the opening slot with JO- and in ODI's!!. We need to test a younger pair that is more or less fixed untill next year so that they will service us for the WC.

BangladeshFan
July 30, 2006, 06:43 AM
as i said if bashar/DW likes jo so much, drop him to number 7 and also force him to bowl:)

Sovik
July 30, 2006, 06:46 AM
& we have somany javed lovers, well wishers who don't wan't to accept the fact that he is an useless. we may have many relatives of javed in this forum, may be shala, shumondi, dula vai

BangladeshFan
July 30, 2006, 06:50 AM
he plays test match like odis and odis like test... what a loser... today he scored 19 from 19 balls when we needed him there.... good for nothing....

actually it is 10 from 19 balls. its a kind of achievement that his scoring rate is more than 50 this time!

Sovik
July 30, 2006, 07:12 AM
he is the worst opening batsman that this world has ever seen

Sovik
August 2, 2006, 04:07 AM
is there any reason for him to continue his international career. he is finished

Spitfire_x86
August 7, 2006, 11:15 PM
I think we can officially declare victory now. Not a single JO fan showed up in this thread during the Zimbabwe series, and nobody defeneded him in the other threads either. :flag: :D

Rabz
August 7, 2006, 11:29 PM
Spitty mate...looking forward to see ur victory lap.. :)

but dont count the chickens b4 they r hatched... our selectors r as unpredictable as our ..... well...batsmen

kalpurush
August 7, 2006, 11:58 PM
I am not a Javed Omar hater nor a fan! Though I think he should be selected to play only Test cricket, not ODI. We should focus onto the forthcomming World Cup now, set up a master plan and work hard to impliment the plan accordingly. And we should choose young players according to their performance (Not presumed talent!!) to achieve our long term goal.

Sovik
August 8, 2006, 06:10 AM
Atlast. no javed lovers showed up to defend him during this series.

javed is useless in tests too. we should give more chances to nafees or rajin to prepare themselves for the future

thebest
August 8, 2006, 07:11 AM
Sovik, Spitty now make a truce. Our objective is achieved for the time being. But don't act like vulture. It is unsporting to do your victory lap on dead opponent's body. And JO is dead ***.

al Furqaan
August 8, 2006, 11:13 AM
who are these 46 who voted yes? if i were them...i would never post here for fear of ultimate ridicule

Mr-khan
August 8, 2006, 11:22 AM
Joy joy !Sotter joy!

thebest
August 28, 2006, 06:44 AM
Vampire (our selectors) Strikes Back
We thought we won the war, but unfortunately we won the battle. JO would retire gracefully after 2007 World Cup:mad: :E :E :E

Tokyobreeze
August 28, 2006, 09:24 AM
বিতাড়িত জাভেদ ওমর হইতে আল্লাহর কাছে পানাহ চাহিতেছি ।

Tokyobreeze
August 28, 2006, 09:30 AM
as i said if bashar/DW likes jo so much, drop him to number 7 and also force him to bowl:)

And, Force him to collect ball from any corner of the field no matter where he is placed.Even if he is placed in slip (আল্লাহ না করুক), he should run to long off if the ball is hit there.That is the best treatment to enforce retirement of JO!!তবে জাভেদ ওমর তো, কিছুই বলা যায় না, এরপরেও ঝুলে থাকতে পারে:E

Spitfire_x86
August 28, 2006, 10:41 AM
Vampire (our selectors) Strikes BackJO would retire gracefully after 2007 World Cup:mad: :E :E :E
JO may not get chance in 2007 WC. His WC luck is not really good.. However that may not be enough for him to retire. Once again he may come back after WC 2007 :mad:

Sovik
August 28, 2006, 10:44 AM
once again our selectors have given us some thing to talk about. its not JO's fault that he is in the team but our selectors never give up on him

sadi
August 28, 2006, 11:29 AM
I don't blame Javed Omar. If selectors pick him, ofcourse he will play. Just put yourself in Javed's shoe. Its the selector who keeps on picking him and playing him eventhough they know what he has to offer.

Fazal
August 28, 2006, 11:50 AM
Just put yourself in Javed's shoe.

Do I have to? It stinks... I don't want to.