PDA

View Full Version : Why is BCB not doing this?

thebest
April 19, 2006, 09:06 AM
somedays ago I was reading this (http://http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cricket/theobserver/story/0,,1754926,00.html). Hick was talking about his earlier background on England I arrived on a scholarship provided by the cricket association back in Zimbabwe. So why not BCB send Mushfiq, Shafaq, Saqib to Australia, England to play grade and league cricket? I think it would more beneficial for them to play there then playing NCL in Bangladesh or getting one or two weeks trainning in world famous Aus institute. If Zimbabue board back then can do it, BCB can also do it.

mildwind
April 19, 2006, 11:51 AM
absolutely right? those young players should go to Aus, Eng instead of playing in our condition. It will be a great asset for us. I don't understand why BCB is not making effort on it.

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2006, 11:57 AM
May be, just may be, our BCB authority are well aware of it and don't want these talented teenagers copy Hick and defect to other foreign countries. :)

Sauron
April 19, 2006, 11:58 AM
Or may be, they send kids out on scholarships every year, but we don't know coz it's usually teh Big shots' nephews or cousins?

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2006, 12:02 PM
don't you have to be good to play in those leagues, even if for free? like well-known or something?

ashraful eto kisu koreo county teame chance paay na...third class league khelte jaay...r mushfique/rajibra to kisui na :)

akabir77
April 19, 2006, 05:04 PM
i thought on scholarship they send two people to play @ australia.. last year opi jr and shadat(not sure or some one else from u-19) went there

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2006, 05:05 PM
you mean mehrab junior :)

TheWatcher
April 19, 2006, 05:12 PM
Yes, BCCB has already done what thebest is asking for. Last year, Shafaq Al Zabir and Shahin Hossain were sent to Commonwealth Bank Academy, in Australina, for weeks long training; Mehrab Jr, Rasel, and later Shamsur Rahman were sent to play in Darwin grade league. Besides those, Nadif and Mahmudullah were sent to play for MCC Young cricketers, and both of them got chances to play few matches in the County 2nd XI's league.

tas
April 19, 2006, 06:20 PM
They should definately come play with us in Sydney grade cricket. Better standard than NCL

thebest
April 19, 2006, 07:56 PM
I know BCB send them. But they are for very short term. From Hick's interview I understand he was send by Zimbo Board for long term

Tehsin
April 19, 2006, 08:19 PM
Zimbabwe has a different kind of relationship with England. Hick's ancestor's were (probably) from England.

As for Ashraful, there are players in Pakistan/India leagues who have better consistency then Ashraful. He needs to become more professional. He is not a 17/18 year old anymore, yet, his batting maturity is still stuck at that level. BCB SHOULD take some kind of initiative and contact either ECB or CA for long term arrangement where promising (Rahim/Rasel/Nafis Iqbal) and younger (Ashraful/Rajin/Aftab) players get to spend some time at different grade levels/county sides. I won't mind if they don't get to play in the top tier, second or third tier would be good enough for the younger guys and if they are good, they will make their way into the top tier. Again, we need BCB to make those contacts and they should create an office whose primary responsibility will be to maintain the relationship with ECB/CA and manage all aspects (visa/flight/living arrangement/salary) of our players off-the-field experience and continue to build new relationship there. ECB would be great as there are a host of Bangladeshi nationals in UK who are either in a position of power or could influence some of the clubs. This doesn't happen overnight and my suggestion would be for BCB to set up this office and define clear goals/objectives for this office, make the initial contact with BCB/CA and frankly, it could be a year or two before we see result. Still, we have to start somewhere.

And for gods sake, share the updates/plans with the media and the fans (make good use of the tigercricket site). When they hide info, they just come off as petty youknowwhats.

My two cents.