PDA

View Full Version : Ashraful!!!!

Albanycrew
April 19, 2006, 09:29 AM
Looks like our very talented Ashraful did it again. I am so pissed of and disgusted right now :mad: . There was no need to play that dumb/risky unnecessary shot only 4 overs before the stump. He didn't learn in 4 years and I doubt that will change in future. Ashraful needs to be dropped from the test squad....it's that simple. Not because he isn't scoring runs .....but the ways he is getting out in the worst possible time.... totally irresponsible. As long as we consider Ashraful a great test batsman for BD, our standard will remain very poor indeed. scoring a great 100 once in a blue moon may unfortunately keep him in the team, but it will not help BD team to move forward. The day we will be able to discard this kind of useless talent casually (cause we have other options), we will be strong enough to compete against the big boys. I will always be looking forward to that day.

April 19, 2006, 09:33 AM
I agree, Ashra 'da' fool needs to go...

sadi
April 19, 2006, 09:34 AM
actually he was looking quite good... didn't see how he got out though... very unfortunate.... it looked like he is set for a big score... but thats what always happen... he looks good and then he gets out

Albanycrew
April 19, 2006, 09:47 AM
actually he was looking quite good... didn't see how he got out though... very unfortunate.... it looked like he is set for a big score... but thats what always happen... he looks good and then he gets out

He does always look good for a little while and that's why I think he is still a good option for our ODI team. But he is an awful test player. Last night he tried to sweep (it was a half *** sweep attempt) and got bowled. When you have only 4 overs left you gotta play front foot and straight against the spinners. There was no need to try that sweep shot when there wasn't any playable shot to begin with. It happens to every player every now and then. But if you keep making the same mistake day after day for 4 years, a century once in a blue moon doesn't make up for it.

khalifa
April 19, 2006, 09:51 AM
I can't resist to copy what I wrote earlier:

I want to reiterate my earlier comments on Ashraful - this kid has skills/talents, but no cricketing knowledge/temperament of any sort. Nobody slog sweeps in a test match when there are only 4 overs to go!
Before he got out, he repeatedly poked outside off stumps, and on one occassion played an identical shot where he was out in the first inning. Luckily this time it was between two slip fielders. There are other examples of his utter foolishness.
From cricketing sense, I believe he is one of the (if not 'the') dumbest front-line batsman test cricket has ever seen :mad:<!-- / message -->

cricket_pagol
April 19, 2006, 10:17 AM
Ashraful is definitely lacking temperment... He is tries to play a shot every ball. I don't understand why does he have to play so many shots. I hope he can figure out his game sooner than later... until then we fans will suffer.

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
he has no cricket sense. he is an idiot, who does not know the value of his wicket.he keeps making same mistakes over and over again. and our selectors are still hoping that some day his day will come and he will do some thing extra ordinary. in this team we need some players who can score regularly not just a hundred and flop 7-8 matches.

we are only blaming JO. but this guy seriously needs some lessons to learn

fwullah
April 19, 2006, 10:24 AM
"actually he was looking quite good" He was looking good because he was dropped.That's what I've been watching Ashraful since his test debut - he can't score to 20/30 if he's not dropped on 10/15, he can't score a fifty if he's not dropped twice on 10/15s and then on 20/30s, and then he can't score a test century if he's not dropped 3 times - once in 10/15s, second time on 20/30s so that he can go to his 50 and then third time when he's on 60/70s.And when he does not get dropped a single time, he can't score a century.THIS IS THE STORY OF ASHRAFUL'S LIFE. I just can't think why our selectors do not consider the dropped catches in case of Ashraful.I also can't see why our selectors make double standards. When it comes to Aftab, they're so easily saying that Aftab is a One Day player, but when players like Shahriar Nafees, Ashraful, even Javed Omar plays rash shots like a One Day match, they're not pressurized to play a test match like a test match. I guess if they had done that, then our team would have been full of Rajin Salehs and Khaled Mashuds - less talented, but actual performers.

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 10:39 AM
ashraful plays one foolish shot in every 20-25 balls, if he doesn't get out he stays about another 20-25 balls before playing another rash shot if he is lucky that time he survives for another 20-25 balls and then plays another stupid shot and if it lands in no mans land then there are few balls for him to play another mistiming until he gets out. and this is how he plays.

he should be dropped down ther order to slog in the end of the innings

tutul
April 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
i would like to see him dropped from both test and odi squad. he reminds me the math of that stupid monkey who climbs an oily bamboo one foot then slips back two foot. now how long it will take him to be a responsible and dependable player - never!

cricman
April 19, 2006, 10:42 AM
I didn't see it but it looks like warne had more to with it than Ash

49.6 Warne to Ashraful, out Bowled!! bowled down the leg and spun back, Ashraful looks to play it fine but his timber is rattled round his legs, great delivery!! Ashraful completely foxed on that occasion

sensible
April 19, 2006, 10:44 AM
I remember his interview when he got out cheaply against Kenya. What he said was that it was the fault of Kenyan bowler that he got out. His explanation was that the ball lacked pace and his "crazy" shot didn't fly over the boundary. Instead it became a catch! He added "had it been the Australians, it would have gone over the boundary as the ball would have been faster!"

If this is the way he thinks, then how can we afford to have him play for the team?

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 10:51 AM

49.6 Warne to Ashraful, out Bowled!! bowled down the leg and spun back, Ashraful looks to play it fine but his timber is rattled round his legs, great delivery!! Ashraful completely foxed on that occasion

That was not a great ball but ashraful made it. he could have played it on front foot defensive shot instead he played some kind of a sweap (don't know the exact name of that shot) shot

sadi
April 19, 2006, 10:53 AM
I remember his interview when he got out cheaply against Kenya. What he said was that it was the fault of Kenyan bowler that he got out. His explanation was that the ball lacked pace and his "crazy" shot didn't fly over the boundary. Instead it became a catch! He added "had it been the Australians, it would have gone over the boundary as the ball would have been faster!"

If this is the way he thinks, then how can we afford to have him play for the team?

Even my little brother wouldn't give an excuse like that... he needs to grow up

Miraz
April 19, 2006, 10:54 AM
Ashraful will come back in bang in the test arena (because he has one year ahead to build his temperament). I have no doubt in that, he is a batsman with immense potential its the temperament which is lacking.

Now Ashraful need some good innings in ODI (match winning) to seal his place in the world cup squad. As we will be only playing ODI next one year it is very important for him to do good in ODI. Selectors have their faith on Ash in ODI squad and definitely he will perform there as his style of play really more suits ODI.

Albanycrew
April 19, 2006, 10:54 AM

haha....... I wish I had a clip for you.. so you could judge for yourself. That ball didn't really turn that much... plus he tried to direct the ball towards fine leg.. wasn't even a good sweep attempt.. totally missed the line. Trust me I have seen it live and there wasn't anything special. I guess the commentator just loves to glorify warne. Anyway, that's not the point.....the point is he shouldn't be playing a sweep shot at that time of the day unless absolutely sure about that delivery. Sweep shot always has high reward along with high risk. There was only 4 overs left.

sadi
April 19, 2006, 11:01 AM
I guess its not the shot but the choice of shot.... SN played sweep all day long and did well.... I guess Ashraful just missed one sweep and it came back to haunt him...

Imtiazk
April 19, 2006, 11:03 AM
That was not a great ball but ashraful made it. he could have played it on front foot defensive shot instead he played some kind of a sweap (don't know the exact name of that shot) shot

It is really quite simple. Any ball pitching outside leg-stump , you just have to pad up as you cannot be given out lbw. There is no need to sweep such a ball as players are waiting to take a catch at backward square leg and deep square leg.

The boy lacks an organ called brain.

Ash-hole

istiak
April 19, 2006, 11:16 AM
Last night every body was shouting against Gavaskar for his comment about the temparament of BD players and see what happened today? JO, Ash & Rajin all three of them should try to stick to wkt... Only Basher really got out with a very good ball.

SS
April 19, 2006, 11:18 AM
Ashrafool is miracle. He is the only one star in the whole universe with his dazzling smile and "stroke" he won so many people's heart. Girls love him. Look alok was loved by SA girls was on his side, now our top models monalisa was side by him. So stop bashing this charming kid. I guess i will fall in love with him, I will go tell my wife right away to give me permission to fall in love with this charming kids' amazing modelling smile and the way he handles his bat.

Albanycrew
April 19, 2006, 11:21 AM
... and how he keeps smiling after playing like crap.....lol.

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2006, 11:22 AM
I guess its not the shot but the choice of shot.... SN played sweep all day long and did well.... I guess Ashraful just missed one sweep and it came back to haunt him...
Those who have watched the over live must have seen warne set him up for that. The two previous balls were outside the off stump spunning very little away from the Ash. Then the ball was just outside the leg spunning very slightly and he missed the sweep. The ball hit the stumps. I agree with all of you he shouldn't have played that shot. 4 overs left that was the important thing to consider rather than trying to get his runs. That's not a shot for the team. If anyone reads the match thread they would find how dejected fans were for him to try that shot at that crucial time.

mildwind
April 19, 2006, 11:47 AM
did any one know whether he said that warne was bowling too slow? Had it been lee, it would be a four?

Mr-Cricket
April 19, 2006, 11:49 AM
What angers and frustrates me the most is not that Ash played a 'sweep shot', but more to the point, that he played a 'paddle sweep'. There is a difference. Ash's eagerness to play improvised strokes may look good/come off in ODI's, but in Test matches they look darn-right childish and are undoubtedly detrimental to the teams cause (especially when they do not come off). Those of you that saw the shot today know what I'm talking about. But what infuriates me more is that he tried playing the exact same shot on numerous occasions in the first innings of the 1st Test, and on one of those attempts he almost got out 'head' before wicket - he just doesn't seem to learn!

In addition, our amazing 'ability' to lose the plot just a couple of overs before a lunch/tea break or stumps really frustrates me. How can our batsman not realise that by surviving until the interval - they have the chance to build on their innings after the break? Isn't this far better thought than scoring some quick runs and getting out before the break, thereby placing further undue pressure on your team mates to perform, all due to your own indiscretion.

Last night every body was shouting against Gavaskar for his comment about the temparament of BD players and see what happened today? JO, Ash & Rajin all three of them should try to stick to wkt... Only Basher really got out with a very good ball.

Also, I strongly disagree with the reference to Rajin Saleh in this post. He could quite possibly be the only batsman in our team with a 'temperament'. Those of you that do not understand what this is - look it up! To save you the time, it is, to my understanding anyway, the ability to stay at the crease for long periods of time without losing focus, and/or playing rash strokes. Sure, Saleh has been out a couple of times to soft dismissals, but these have very little to do with his 'temperament'.

Anyways, I think I've vented enough frustrations for one night. Good night! :D

mildwind
April 19, 2006, 12:00 PM
no matter how saleh, Bashar were out, his temperment is out of question. We have seen that on many occassions. Dont ya? It is sad to see him out with so little score. It happens. not everyday.

khalifa
April 19, 2006, 12:09 PM
"actually he was looking quite good" He was looking good because he was dropped.That's what I've been watching Ashraful since his test debut - he can't score to 20/30 if he's not dropped on 10/15, he can't score a fifty if he's not dropped twice on 10/15s and then on 20/30s, and then he can't score a test century if he's not dropped 3 times - once in 10/15s, second time on 20/30s so that he can go to his 50 and then third time when he's on 60/70s.And when he does not get dropped a single time, he can't score a century.THIS IS THE STORY OF ASHRAFUL'S LIFE. I just can't think why our selectors do not consider the dropped catches in case of Ashraful.I also can't see why our selectors make double standards. When it comes to Aftab, they're so easily saying that Aftab is a One Day player, but when players like Shahriar Nafees, Ashraful, even Javed Omar plays rash shots like a One Day match, they're not pressurized to play a test match like a test match. I guess if they had done that, then our team would have been full of Rajin Salehs and Khaled Mashuds - less talented, but actual performers.

I completely agree with fwullah's observation. The first thing that came to my mind was the Cardiff inning against the Aussies. I think you all noticed how risky most of his shots were, he could get out with any of those shots. And then the inning with ENG after that, he played 2 improvized shots towards fine leg in a row(I forgot who the bowler was), and get caught with the second one. It was an eye-sore to watch a front-line batsman playing like that.
I now believe Ponting's comment after these innings were right on target - that he cannot continue scoring with these kinds of shots..............

rudro
April 19, 2006, 12:45 PM
GET-THE-FOOL-OUT-OF-THE-TEST-TEAM!!!!!
Our team better off with someone with 20/30 runs per 100 balls each match than 0-0-10-20-0-1-1-2-100 kind of score.

THROW HIM AS AN OPENER IN ODI
He will be able to slog us some runs like Afridi does and will be able to win us some games.

RazabQ
April 19, 2006, 01:03 PM
I'll agree with most of what was said here. If you are going to play the sweep shot, do it the way SN does. He gets his whole body behind the ball. That way, if he misses, there's a 2nd line of defence. In Ash's case his head wasn't even on top of the ball. I do believe he needs to be dropped from the Test team and told that he can only come back if he puts together 3-4 BIG scores in domestic cricket. And what the heck happened to his front foot play. This is a kid who used his feet wonderfully against Murali in his debut test - when or why did he decide he is going to play the spinners of his back foot? Come on Dav - do something.

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 01:29 PM

don't have any clip. but here is a picture

Click here>> (http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/57366558.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193CC300C081D9F4700D51AF5D9BF11A340 1AC0DCD129800DC3)

Tigers_eye
April 19, 2006, 01:29 PM
THIS IS THE STORY OF ASHRAFUL'S LIFE. I just can't think why our selectors do not consider the dropped catches in case of Ashraful.
Dropped catches or in otherwords getting lives are part of the game. Look at Mash's hand. You will see history falling through it. Now if you consider shot selection and when they are being taken thats another story. In the Cardiff game those shots were absolutely necessary for the team. In the second test series none of his fours were necessary for the team. We needed him to stay in the wicket and see out the day.

I also can't see why our selectors make double standards.
Few simple answers.
1. No one in BD history has 4 centuries in Test and ODI combined. Our selectors can't even dream to have half as that many if they were playing in their prime.
2. Media hype. Youngest centurian in the world (test cricket). Cardiff, need I say more.
3. Promise of a talent at the time of selection becomes higher than what the reality offers.
4. No better option. Others in the team performing worse, others outside the team lacks everything (talent and tempartment).

layperson
April 19, 2006, 02:04 PM
i knw ppl r angry at ashraful nd it is relevant ..... but as somone said there r ppl who perform worse for bangladesh.... they dont get so much slack as ashraful does wen he fails simply bcoz he is expected to be better than the rest which is also true..... i think we shud pursue with him a litte bit longer....another 15 test matches b4 thiking abt dropping him .... he had a good series against sri lanka .. in this series he had starts but then cud not convert them .... if tht sweep came off then no one wud hv said nething abt him attempting tht shot during the last 4 overs ..... but i do agree tht he needs to work on his shot selection which gets him in trouble at times.... u cannot drop a player bcoz he failed to convert his scores in two test matches ...everyone can have a bad series and in the context of bangladesh the replacements at this moment r worse .... we hv to wait till some of the under 19 players come up ... only then we can afford to drop ashraful for someone who is capable of taking his place... but i knw this post can get sm angry response nd it wud be valid bcoz ashraful has not backed me up with performance .... still my vote goes for hi to stay for another 15 test matches at least ....

crickwizard
April 19, 2006, 04:26 PM
If anyone still have doubt that Ashraful is not matured to get into a test team then i would challenge the judgment. Then again, we have goat bashar as a test captain and there in no one to replace him. But the reason ppl are not happy with Ashraful is the way he s'ew up everytime. Rajin could get out cheaply and probably has less talent than Ashraful but at least he tries.

al Furqaan
April 19, 2006, 05:25 PM
well said cats eye...btw, fahmida, where was the chances in epic 158* against india...i watched that entire innings, and ash never got dropped. that was an innings of complete dominance, gillespie style.

i think the biggest blame should be on bashar for 90% of what went wrong this series. not only does he not lead by example, but his field settings are a disgrace. if bangladesh deserve to lose test status it should be because of bashar's captaincy alone. prolly dav can also be blamed partly. bashar doesn't have any faith in his abilities, that is worthy of being thrown the F out of test cricket.

did you see the field setting for, hussey and dizzy??? a retarded kid, with no eyes, hands, arms, legs, and without a bat, could have scored 50 runs against that field setting. and did i mention that kid is also comatose???

i was a supporter of bashar's defensive tactics as recently as a few months ago. but now things are changing, just look at abir. we cannot have this kind of non-captaincy captaincy.

btw, if we had another test series in a short while, i would for the first time, strongly urge the selectors to drop ash regardless of the circumstances. but keep him for ODIs, i expect at least one 50 from him during the ODIs. he is turning into a solid ODI player, with a 40+ avg over the last 12-15 matches.

TheWatcher
April 19, 2006, 05:47 PM
Sadi, there is a basic difference between SN and Ash- one is a left hander and the other is a right hander. SN can sweep leggies in direction of the turn quite safely (I know he also swept Cullen, the offie, but it was ok because Cullen is not a big turner of the ball), but in case of Ash, he has to sweep leggies against the turn which is a too risky shot to play when your objective should be to survive the day to come back to bat in the next morning.

Plus, as RazabQ said, SN's footing and body positioning was real good against spinners. Ash's techniques were nowhere good near SN's (at that point), so it would be best for him to play safe.

shimraj
April 19, 2006, 06:26 PM
He does always look good for a little while and that's why I think he is still a good option for our ODI team. But he is an awful test player. Last night he tried to sweep (it was a half *** sweep attempt) and got bowled. When you have only 4 overs left you gotta play front foot and straight against the spinners. There was no need to try that sweep shot when there wasn't any playable shot to begin with. It happens to every player every now and then. But if you keep making the same mistake day after day for 4 years, a century once in a blue moon doesn't make up for it.

How many times the Aussie players played a sweep shot in this test series? Hardly 1 or 2. How many times our great players attempted sweep shots in the 2nd innings of the 2nd test. At least 50. Each and every player is playing sweep shot. Why? Why? Why? When do players play sweep? In ODI, when run becomes a scarcity then and only then players go for sweep shot. Man o man, I feel like crying.

About TheWatcher's comment about SN's sweep shot. SN should not play the sweep shots even if it's easy for him for being lefty. Period. For God's sake, we don't need run!!! We need to be alive in the wicket. It's God's biggest mercy that SN is still in the crease. How many times he was beaten yesterday?

SMHasan
April 19, 2006, 06:42 PM
My only sorrow is that our batsmen did learn nothing from the Astralian innings, especially from Gillespie who scored a double century. He played very straight his defence was nearly perfect. He didnt do any rush , didnt play any mad shots and most importantly he knew his limitaions. We could promise not to play in the cross bat, not to play any sweep shot which brought death to Ash.

The question is are they learning from the mistakes? I dont think so. When people do something wrong then they wait to overcome it wait sometime to heal that mistake by doing something good. But our batsmen are not like that. They don't make any promises to themselves. Thats the problem. You have to be determined to do well.

shimraj
April 19, 2006, 06:44 PM
btw, if we had another test series in a short while, i would for the first time, strongly urge the selectors to drop ash regardless of the circumstances. but keep him for ODIs, i expect at least one 50 from him during the ODIs. he is turning into a solid ODI player, with a 40+ avg over the last 12-15 matches.

Alhamdulillah, we don't have any test series in the next 12 months or so. I fully agree with all your recommendations and comments.

shimraj
April 19, 2006, 06:49 PM
The question is are they learning from the mistakes? I dont think so. When people do something wrong then they wait to overcome it wait sometime to heal that mistake by doing something good. But our batsmen are not like that. They don't make any promises to themselves. Thats the problem. You have to be determined to do well.

The only way you can make them play sensibly is to put a sword above their head all the time. You goof up 3 successive test innings, then go home and watch cricket on TV. You are better as a spectator, not as a player.

RazabQ
April 19, 2006, 06:51 PM
How many times the Aussie players played a sweep shot in this test series? Hardly 1 or 2. How many times our great players attempted sweep shots in the 2nd innings of the 2nd test. At least 50. Each and every player is playing sweep shot. Why? Why? Why? When do players play sweep? In ODI, when run becomes a scarcity then and only then players go for sweep shot. Man o man, I feel like crying.Aussie players do not play the sweep shot primarily because they are very confident/comfortable using their feet against spinners. The key tactic to disrupt a spin bowler is to force him to constantly change his length. If he can bowl the same lenght to you, that's when he can bring in to play subtle variations in pace, drift, flight and fox you - witness Rajin's dismissal as a case in point. Of our batsmen, only Bashar and Ash (occassionally SN) have demonstrated this ability. Ash was our best at it but somehow he's not doing it/doesn't feel confident about it any more. Also, Aussie batsmen have really long reach so they can get to the pitch of the delivery better than our batsmen (Gillespie being the extreme examle of how reach can neuter even a decent spinner such as Rafique). So minus confident footwork and reach, our batters are forced to resort to the sweet shot. We are hardly the only country with this issue though. English batters - even tall ones such as Flintoff - are guilty of the same.

About TheWatcher's comment about SN's sweep shot. SN should not play the sweep shots even if it's easy for him for being lefty. Period. For God's sake, we don't need run!!! We need to be alive in the wicket. It's God's biggest mercy that SN is still in the crease. How many times he was beaten yesterday?can't agree with you on that. SN has clearly demonstrated that against legspin or orthodox SLA, he has a very effective technique for sweeping. You have to back your best shots for your runs. If Cricinfo did a chart of "in-control" shots, you would find that 98%+ of his sweep shots SN was "in-control". Wish the same could be said of his slashes outside the off-stump tho :(

BD Tigers
April 19, 2006, 07:03 PM
About TheWatcher's comment about SN's sweep shot. SN should not play the sweep shots even if it's easy for him for being lefty. Period. For God's sake, we don't need run!!! We need to be alive in the wicket. It's God's biggest mercy that SN is still in the crease. How many times he was beaten yesterday?

I dont know whether u watched the game or not but SN was dominating the aussie bowlers. Warne had to change his stragegy (coming round the wk) to counter him but he was sweeping him w/ ease. I think sweeping for SN is the best defence against warne and mcgill as he is lefty and he is playing w/ the spin not against.

Where as our little master Ash was trying to do that against the spin. He was actually not sweeping, if he had may be he cud have touched the ball but he was trying his cute one day shot. I was freaking mad when he did that. I think he needs to be dropped for few tests for sure.

ASA
April 19, 2006, 07:24 PM
My only sorrow is that our batsmen did learn nothing from the Astralian innings, especially from Gillespie who scored a double century. He played very straight his defence was nearly perfect. He didnt do any rush , didnt play any mad shots and most importantly he knew his limitaions. We could promise not to play in the cross bat, not to play any sweep shot which brought death to Ash.

Sherlock you got it nailed right there. Most of our players ... and very especially, Ashar-fool does not know his limitations. He has extremely high confidence on his own shot selection and tactics and that gets him in trouble time after time - but he still doesn't learn. Think of the way he got out in the first innings. And it was horrible to see that he tried the same shots in the second innings as well. This guy needs to be dropped - no questions asked. Play a test like a test. You can't tolerate any exceptions no matter how good he is.

FagunerAgun
April 19, 2006, 09:43 PM
Ashraful and Aftab are spoillers of BD test cricket team..these guys should have been dropped off the test team long time ago.

They may okay for the ODI team. I don't have too much respect for the chief selector Farooq for selecting these retarded guys for the test team over and over again.

FagunerAgun
April 19, 2006, 09:46 PM
Same retarded guy (who is not able to learn from his mistakes) on test team and similar article on the same guy in this forum...fed up with both.

LateCut
April 19, 2006, 09:50 PM
I saw him got out trying to play the exact same shot in England. I do not remeber who the bowler was. However, whether he should played that shot or not is no longer an issue. The fact of the matter is that he under prformed against the Kenyans and Australians. You should be out of the team if you get out cheaply too many times and others should be given a chance. Ashraful simply does not have the temperament to play test cricket. Untill he develops this skill, perhaps, playing in A teama he should participate in the test matches from the stand.

Just look at at who has the smallest strike rate in the second innings and only BD batsman who managed to get a test 50. Being selective is a virtue in test match. Ash, unfortunately, will never learn it. I welcome Tusher in the team. I hope he takes Ashraful's spot.

Albanycrew
April 19, 2006, 09:55 PM
I don't think our batsman should stop sweeping in a test match. If there is a ball worthy of sweeping then do it..... but they also have to remember that there is a high risk every time they do it. So why taking even a tiny bit of risk when you have to survive only 4 more overs. Why not come back next morning and then take some risks if it really is necessary. Is it so hard to realize that ending the day with a nice ongoing partnership can boost the moral of the team. Looks like even if you drill this simple concept in Ashraful's thick head, nothing will change.... he is that stupid and irresponsible. It's too early to judge Aftab, but so far it seems like he does have a knack for getting out playing dumb shots right before the breaks (lunch, tea or stump).

SS
April 19, 2006, 09:59 PM
i love Ashrafool i love my Ash i love him....lalalalaaaa

cricman
April 19, 2006, 10:19 PM
I'll stick with Ash over anybody

cricman
April 19, 2006, 10:21 PM
Comms Say drop Ash! oh well

DotBall
April 20, 2006, 01:08 AM
Good-bad-ugly, what ever Ash does we talk about it to the end in a hope of that we can find enough reasons for his doings with the bat. We eventually, forgive him and in the next game we hope for him to do something.........

Ahhhhhhh, I wish we don't have anymore talk about Ash.

BD_Ashraful
April 20, 2006, 01:17 AM
Ashraful last three scores against Aus in ODIs are 100,8,58 and that 8 including a six that he hit brett lee out of the ground.

ammark
April 20, 2006, 01:23 AM
Ashraful last three scores against Aus in ODIs are 100,8,58 and that 8 including a six that he hit brett lee out of the ground.

Wow. How inconsistent! And he hit that six and got out with another 2 runs on board, you say? Thats so sad.

Mon
April 20, 2006, 01:41 AM
Mohammad Ashraful b Lee 7 6 4 0 1 (R M B 4 6)

He was bowled right after he hit a six off of Brett Lee and that ended it all for him. I think he should have learnd his lesson right after getting bowled like that. A lesson that should entail how to respect a bowler and judge the balls properly before going buck wild with every single delivery.
My God!! Ash, when will u realize that your failure is not only a dissaster for own your career but a curse for the entire nation that you repersent(along with other 10 players).
When he faced the first in that match he "steps out, ball takes the inside edge to fine leg." This gives him one run. Ofcourse, he did not realise his mistake and also not happy with one run. So he goes on...
2nd ball: "SIX, a bit short, Ashraful lifts his
front foot and pulls it over the square leg fence."
3rd ball: "OUT: yorked him, swinging in, Ashraful
plays over it" and as a result the "ball hits the base of the off stump."
Source: the info was from the Australia v Bangladesh at Canterbury, 30 Jun 2005 from the NatWest Series 2005

ammark
April 20, 2006, 04:11 PM
see Mon's post above
Well put! And he's played that way ever since, too.