PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafee's struggle

roaring tigerz
April 19, 2006, 12:22 PM
Mashrafee, our undoubted premier strike bowler, has looked like a shadow of himself in this test. Given the wicket was a belter, but the way he was taken apart by Gillespie and Hussey was quite alarming. At the other end when Rajib was running in and bowling sharply, Mashafee was ambling in and bowling at a gentle pace really. Ever since Mashrafee has remodeled his action, he has lost a yard of pace and consequently his bowling lacks the agression and penetration which he possessed before. Was this test an abberation or does this game show Mashrafee's true ability with the ball?

al Furqaan
April 19, 2006, 06:52 PM
abberation

cricman
April 19, 2006, 06:57 PM
he bowled some beauty's in the first test and when got the new ball the second time he looked very dangerous. Thats a good sign for the ODI's. He needs to work on his bouncers but that'll come in time. He's still got that late movement but needs to get his pace back.

he needs learn the yorker again, every time he tries it's a easy full toss.

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2006, 07:28 PM
nah his failure's just a one-time show...i am more worried about his fitness than anything else

amra_korbo_joy
April 19, 2006, 07:33 PM
he is not physically fit to play test. Farooq was right.

Sorry
April 19, 2006, 07:34 PM
He should be kept in the museum; we can’t afford to get him harmed.

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2006, 08:19 PM
yeah, his lack of fitness pisses me off. test khelte ashbi abar 2 ball koira poira jabi...eta ki tamasha naki?

but i guess it's not his fault anyways...more to do with how he was misused at the beginning of his career, but then again one would've thought his fitness would've improved after so many years at the top level.

i still admire the way he came back after that operation though.

nsd3
April 19, 2006, 11:43 PM
Even if he doesn't get wickets, there is none to replace him at present. Russel wouldn't be getting wickets at regular intervals anyway. So we just don't have options; we need to get along with him, hoping for the best, I guess.

Spitfire_x86
April 20, 2006, 01:43 AM
Shahadat clearly outperformed him with bat, too (in the 2nd innings/2nd test)