PDA

View Full Version : Do you think BD batsmen are learning from their mistakes?

mildwind
April 19, 2006, 03:17 PM
Today's cricket is aided with sophisticated technology to analyze every detail regardless of its significance. Almost all the teams are benefited from the use of those by learning opponent’s weak points, strong points as well as their own weak points. It is a very general knowledge to all of us.

No wonder that those are also available to us and our team management set their strategies based on those information and analysis as well. At the time of preparation every player tries to concentrate on those points that need to be improved, given that those are produced when they are in net. Now if we look at our batsmen, do you really think that they are well informed of their weakness and are improving over the period of time?

For instance, our batsmen have been awful just before a break. It also sometimes looks very shaky when they do not start very fresh. That is, I guess, why we do not perform well in second innings. Perhaps there is problem with concentration. After doing all day long fielding, batsmen can not seemingly turn to batting with proper focus. Moreover, the unnecessary shots are played by almost all top order batsmen. In addition, individual players are showing consistent weakness to some points. And opponent bowlers are using those to knock them off quite regularly.

It is undoubtedly clear that our batsmen are capable of playing shots against any quality bowling side. But it happens very often that we only make ourselves vulnerable. Do you think it is because of lack in learning from mistakes or the quality of our opponent’s bowlers?<O:p</O:p

Baundule
April 19, 2006, 03:31 PM
Man, are you kiddin? Do you think BD batsmen are, at all, making any mistake? ;)
Ask that question to Ashraful, Bashar, Golla, Faruk and the stuffs.

ASA
April 19, 2006, 03:35 PM
r u kidding me?!!

Beamer
April 19, 2006, 03:41 PM
J.O surely isn't. Three modes of dismissal in his entire career : lbw to off cutter, slip catch to a ball that is too close to the body for cut shot or a regulation slip catchto a delivery thats rising( that tells me he doesn't know where his offstump is ) and offcourse the leg glance caught behind to wkt keeper. If you are happy with a 20 run opener ( on a good day BTW ), then you deserve what you wish for. Little bit of tape watching and any opposition bowler wil have a clear plan for him ,and so far, it has worked to a perfection...

SS
April 19, 2006, 03:47 PM
Our batsmen learnt ofcourse they learnt a lot. Just watch tommorrow they will make another history!!!

Sovik
April 19, 2006, 04:11 PM
No, no and no.

Faceoff
April 19, 2006, 04:21 PM
They are learning but unfortunately they can't remember what they learn.

crickwizard
April 19, 2006, 04:22 PM
Yeah, they are not very smart. Reflex and brain are not the same thing.

Omio
April 19, 2006, 04:31 PM
never..........

shimraj
April 19, 2006, 05:48 PM
It is undoubtedly clear that our batsmen are capable of playing shots against any quality bowling side. But it happens very often that we only make ourselves vulnerable. Do you think it is because of lack in learning from mistakes or the quality of our opponent’s bowlers?<O:p</O:p

Is there any doubt that it's lack of learning after seeing Gillespie batted for 2 full days in front of their own eyes. What's wrong with our players? If I vow that I will only play the balls that are in the wicket and leave the rest, I am sure even I can withstand the Aussie attack for at least 10 overs without scoring any run. This is all they need. Play copybook, stay on the wicket as long as you can. That's it. No, but our brilliant players think otherwise. We have to score as fast as we can. Why? Well, ... umm, .... hmm, I don't know. They really don't know. They really don't have any clue what they are playing for - win, loose or draw. Rokkha koro vogoban!!

shimraj
April 19, 2006, 05:50 PM

well said! :D

shimraj
April 19, 2006, 05:53 PM
J.O surely isn't. Three modes of dismissal in his entire career : lbw to off cutter, slip catch to a ball that is too close to the body for cut shot or a regulation slip catchto a delivery thats rising( that tells me he doesn't know where his offstump is ) and offcourse the leg glance caught behind to wkt keeper. If you are happy with a 20 run opener ( on a good day BTW ), then you deserve what you wish for. Little bit of tape watching and any opposition bowler wil have a clear plan for him ,and so far, it has worked to a perfection...

Never seen a better analysis of Golla before. I swear he doesn't know where his off stump is.

shimraj
April 19, 2006, 05:57 PM
Our batsmen learnt ofcourse they learnt a lot. Just watch tommorrow they will make another history!!!

What, loosing by an innings and 100 runs after almost beating the aussies. :D

exotic
April 19, 2006, 06:00 PM
J.O surely isn't..... or a regulation slip catch to a delivery thats rising( that tells me he doesn't know where his offstump is )...

And also doesn't know the height of that off stump I guess :p

mildwind
April 19, 2006, 06:41 PM

LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

cricket_pagla
April 19, 2006, 08:46 PM
keep dreaming..
keep thinking..
come & post in your views (dreams) only on BanglaCrickets forum.. :D
300 korte pare kina (4thday: 198/4)... 400 to onek duuur-e....

PoorFan
April 19, 2006, 11:42 PM
Sure they have learnt a lot and still learning, may be in a different manner and meaning like ...

TALENT
... means couple of copy shot of world's best and go for implement in the match no matter what the condition and situation demand. Instead of working hard to fill up the gap between worlds best and produce result for the team when most needed.

CONCENTRATION
... means being cautious for certain period of time of start, then after being set in the game start wild imagination of success, instead of continuos read on ball, bowler, pitch, game situation etc. and apply accordingly.

TEMPERAMENT
... means I shall try my best but if I fail that not just my fault, after scoring 30 runs start to feel it's my day ( like worlds famous ) and I shall try as far as I can go., I have done well even even if the ultimate result is a failure at the end. Instead of take to job in own hand and give up till end.

CONSISTENCY
... means "talent is permanent but consistency is temporary", 30+ runs is enough to prove consistency

AGGRESSIVE BATTING
... means repeated boundary shot from bowlers instead of make him frustrated by not giving wicket and make runs from bad balls as well.

AGGRESSIVE BOWLING
... means repeated bouncer and short ball showing aggressive, but wasting new ball advantage, instead of keep on tight bowling with good length and line and occasional bouncer.

LIFE
... Getting life after being dropped means I am lucky and this is my lucky day, instead of regret and shame.

Mon
April 20, 2006, 12:20 AM
One idea is to starve them after a 2 consecutive senseless mistakes and force
them to watch the video clip of their dismissal over and over again.But I don't think they will even admit that there is anythign wrong with their batting.

ammark
April 20, 2006, 01:01 AM
One idea is to starve them after a 2 consecutive senseless mistakes and force
them to watch the video clip of their dismissal over and over again.But I don't think they will even admit that there is anythign wrong with their batting.

Maybe we can play out Gillespie's batting innings repeatedly so that they learn a thing or two about not being silly with the bat!

nayef
April 20, 2006, 01:26 PM
3 or more stupid/recurring mistakes in a span of 6 innings should cost the player a spot in the team, atleast for one game. Bashar might be the only exception, but then again, he seldom repeats the same mistakes so frequently.
Its time to let certain players know that potential is the not the measuring stick to be in the team. Everyone in the team needs a steep learning curve to stay in.

sar2005
April 20, 2006, 01:43 PM
It's all about application. Nothing to do with learning. Things happen exactly in a similar fashion in BD. Someone learns accountancy, works as lab technecian. Somone learns political science, works as IT professional. Someone learns zology, becomes an accountant. As for our team, they learn test batting, play as an ODI.