PDA

View Full Version : Is a second Innings score of 400 is likely?

cricman
April 19, 2006, 03:48 PM
We may not save the Test but I think we have good chance to post another score of 400. Alot depends on Aftab and SN but I think we can get there. We only need 205 more and if we reach that, it'll be a victory in it's self for us

Aftab is got a lot of luck in him and I think he'll stay with SN for a partnership around 60+. Looks like Pilot has found his touch again with a stingy 30* in the first innings. Razzaq and Rafique are hard hitters who can build partnerships as well. And i'll be happy if Masri and Rajib can post scores in the teens.

Layout to 205

SN(50) + Aftab(30) + Pilot(30) + Rafique(30) + Razzaq(30) + Mash(10) + Rajib(10) + xtras(15) = 205

Razzaq looked really good with the bat and we all know Rafique in his day can post half century as well.

Rubu
April 19, 2006, 03:51 PM
Just keep in mind the last few times how many runs it took for us to give away the last 5/6 wickets, and your calculation will all be marked with a big red X.

cricman
April 19, 2006, 03:56 PM
I based this on what i saw in first innings of this test. I also know that I can fall flat on my face with these predictions but I think we have a good shot to get there

AsifTheManRahman
April 19, 2006, 04:09 PM
we can reach 400; it's a possibility that's within reach. however, i wouldn't put my hopes up.

how was the pitch doing last afternoon?

Shafin
April 19, 2006, 04:21 PM
YES

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.:E:E

Spitfire_x86
April 19, 2006, 04:32 PM
Very very thin chance. So I voted for No.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.:E:E
This ten character limit is extremely annoying and useless.

Please start a new thread in the support forum to remove it.

Omio
April 19, 2006, 04:35 PM
Bro Its BD team, we can all out within 1 hour..

babubangla
April 19, 2006, 04:44 PM
নিশ্চিন্ত থাকুন, এই টেস্ট নির্ঘাত ড্র হচ্ছে। নাফিস-আফতাবের কিছুটা ভালো ব্যাটিং আর রফিক-পাইলটের কিছুটা প্রতিরোধ - এতেই কেটে যাবে লাঞ্চ আর টি পর্যন্ত। আর শেষ বিকেলে সামান্য রোমান্টিক বৃস্টি !! ব্যস, আর কি চাই! Let's now talk about One-Day series...Shall We?

zmahbub
April 19, 2006, 04:52 PM
No way we can score 400. Just out of our reach....I guess!

nsd3
April 19, 2006, 04:54 PM
I think we better forget about 400 with this team.

SN may stay there but that's not enough. Aftab is vulnerable. Pilot is not my man. Pilot cannot do it twice, I believe. As u said Pilot got his touch back, well, whatever touch it may be it's never enough. We as a team need more time and temperament. These pilot/Bashars are good players but what they have are not enough (they never were); we are still waiting for 2/3 future players who can hold fort like Ponting did in the 1st test. So 400 - Looking at Shane getting his touch back is a distant possibility now.

sadi
April 19, 2006, 08:42 PM
I don't think we can save this test match without the help of rain... just wanna see if SN can get his century and aftab can score some runs to save his test career....

SMHasan
April 19, 2006, 09:14 PM
নিশ্চিন্ত থাকুন, এই টেস্ট নির্ঘাত ড্র হচ্ছে। নাফিস-আফতাবের কিছুটা ভালো ব্যাটিং আর রফিক-পাইলটের কিছুটা প্রতিরোধ - এতেই কেটে যাবে লাঞ্চ আর টি পর্যন্ত। আর শেষ বিকেলে সামান্য রোমান্টিক বৃস্টি !! ব্যস, আর কি চাই! Let's now talk about One-Day series...Shall We?

আমার পরাণে যাহা চায়.........তুমি তাই বলেছ......তাই গো......আমার পরাণে যাহা চায়......

Bancan
April 19, 2006, 10:19 PM
hope for 300 first.

Hatebreed
April 19, 2006, 10:30 PM
I don't care about score.. I care about avoiding defeat!

Sovik
April 20, 2006, 01:00 AM
thanks to Mohammad Rafiq that he played that aggressive innings in the end. 300 in second innings is not to bad

ammark
April 20, 2006, 01:18 AM
I'm so glad we got 300. At least there's some saving face over there. :)

Mr-Cricket
April 20, 2006, 01:20 AM
Yes, looking at it on face value, 300 runs may appear to be a good 2nd Innings score for Bangladesh - but the way we got there (69 run 10th wicket partnership) is certainly not something we should be proud of. Runs should be scored by batsman, just as wickets should be taken by bowlers. At 3-187, and with 4 overs until stumps on day 4, we appeared to be crusing, but Ash's foolishness cost us from posting a large 2nd Innings total. All of our good work in the 1st Innings of the 1st test has been undone by our failures in this Test. This game really should be striken from the records.

ammark
April 20, 2006, 01:26 AM
This game really should be striken from the records.
you mean Denial? As opposed to seeing where we went wrong and ensuring that we punish those responsible and have our team correct itself?

Mr-Cricket
April 20, 2006, 01:32 AM
you mean Denial? As opposed to seeing where we went wrong and ensuring that we punish those responsible and have our team correct itself?
The last sentence obviously wasn't meant to be taken literally. But do you really think 'those responsible' will take anything away from this match anyway? I mean, they watched Dizzy bat for '4' days, but what good did it really do? All we can do now is reprimand 'those responsible' by giving them a stint on the sidelines (But Oh, wait, our next Test series is not even confirmed now, is it?). :D