Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed/Alok Kapali
Khaled Mashud (vice-capt), ,
Mohammad Rafique,
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel

12th man: Abdur Razzak

Why isnt Manjural Islam Rana in the Squad?

karimjay.
April 20, 2006, 01:19 AM
Perhaps because they will play on a faster pitch?

Hegar
April 20, 2006, 01:27 AM
Shahriar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique,
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain/Abdur Razzak
Syed Rasel

TheWatcher
April 20, 2006, 01:42 AM
Abir/Rajin/Bashar/Tushar/Aftab/Kapali/Mashud/Rafique/Shahadat/Mashrafe/Rasel

Ashraful, for his own good, should be given a break.

Spitfire_x86
April 20, 2006, 01:52 AM
Easy choice.

Rajin
S. Nafees
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Rasel

Tushar could come in place of Alok, but then we will be one bowler short (we need Aftab as a reserve bowler, not as 5th bowler)

thebest
April 20, 2006, 01:54 AM
Abir/Rajin/Bashar/Tushar/Aftab/Kapali/Mashud/Rafique/Shahadat/Mashrafe/Rasel

Ashraful, for his own good, should be given a break.

I want to give Ash one last chance before drafting Tushar in. My line up

Abir/Rajin/Aftab/Ash/Bashar/Kapali/Mashud/Rafique/Shahadat/Mashrafe/Rasel

But if spinners come before the fall of 1st wicket I would like to promote Rafiq and send Aftab for last over slogs

TAQATOO
April 20, 2006, 04:50 AM
My line up would be
Rajin, Nafees, Aftab, Bashar, Ashraful, Tushar, Alok, Mashud, Rafique, Mashrafee, Shahadat.
I think We need a very very long batting line up and no matter what bowler bowl, you can't keep AUS quite. Thas why 4 regular bowler. and the other 10 will come from Rajin, Aftab and Ashraful.

ghalib.imtiyaz
April 20, 2006, 05:06 AM
Tushar deserves a go. Rajin can be rested.

Anher
April 20, 2006, 05:10 AM
What a bad days for Golla lovers.........Nobody want him in BD team. At last everybody get that he is nothing but a Moronic Cricketer who make Jokes of this nice game. Hopefully we will play with a full team (whenever u see golla u should count it as a 10 man team..u know what happen when 10men iranian team face 11 super strong brazilian in Soccer). Well 1st ODI team is a easy choice...Im with all of u...

Good luck Bangladesh. I know we r winning 1st ODI!! 2nd n 3rd i will tell u later.

Sovik
April 20, 2006, 06:18 AM
Shariar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Md. Rafiq
Mashrafee Mortaza
Syed Rasel
Shahadat Hossain

Rubu
April 20, 2006, 07:21 AM
Agree with spitty on opening pair: it has to be rajin and shahriar nafis. these two are in form and need to give them the maximum chance possible. Another important thing is that Rajin's most of the big scores came in opening position. he is better suited there in ODI.

Fazal
April 20, 2006, 08:29 AM
For the 1st ODI, I am ok with any of them as long as the selectors follow two simple conditions:

1. Don't Select Razzak, Shadat, and Rasel (all) in the team at the same time<O:p></O:p>
2. We can effort only one slot for Ashraful/Alok/Gullu in the team at the same time at this moment. Now Ashraful, Alok and Gullu fans fight with each other and figure it out who should be in the team. I am ok with that.<O:p</O:p

sadi
April 20, 2006, 08:32 AM
hey fazal... good to see you back... well for number 1, I think rasel and razzak plays... for number 2 though, I would play both ash and alok eventhough you don't like alok... ;)

Sovik
April 20, 2006, 10:04 AM
Alok and Aftab should be in the team. because I think bd team will not play 5 bowlers and for that we will lack 5th bowler and alok and aftab can both can be used as 5th and 6th bowler

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2006, 10:35 AM
My 1st ODI lineup:
Rajin
SNafees
Aftab
Ash (Warning: Your test play has pissed everyone out espicially the way you got 3 out. You flop in the 1st ODI you will be replaced in my ODI lineup)
Bashar
Tushar (Much better selection than Alok for sure. Also can't rely on 1,2 and 3rd down - My choice was Rana but he is not in the team)
Mashud
Rafique
Mash
Rasel
Shahadat/Razzaq (depending on the pitch)

Since Ash is above all, he should be judged differently than others. Everyone gets to play in all 3 ODIs except him. He is going to judged by the 1st ODI performace to solidify his position.

Miraz
April 20, 2006, 10:50 AM
My 1st ODI lineup:
Rajin
SNafees
Aftab
Ash (Warning: Your test play has pissed everyone out espicially the way you got 3 out. You flop in the 1st ODI you will be replaced in my ODI lineup)
Bashar
Tushar (Much better selection than Alok for sure. Also can't rely on 1,2 and 3rd down - My choice was Rana but he is not in the team)
Mashud
Rafique
Mash
Rasel
Shahadat/Razzaq (depending on the pitch)

Since Ash is above all, he should be judged differently than others. Everyone gets to play in all 3 ODIs except him. He is going to judged by the 1st ODI performace to solidify his position.

Pretty good selection. I would take Alok ahead of Shahadat or Razzak otherwise its my team. Alok's inclusion may weaken bowling a bit but definitely would strengthen the batting line up.

Bowling can be done like following -
Mashrafee - 10 over
Rafique - 10 over
Rasel - 10 over
Aftab+Alok+Rajin = 20 over

in ODI aftab can easily bowl 10 over and Alok and Rajin 5 each.

rudro
April 20, 2006, 11:00 AM
Easy choice.

Rajin
S. Nafees
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Shahadat
Rasel

Tushar could come in place of Alok, but then we will be one bowler short (we need Aftab as a reserve bowler, not as 5th bowler) Good selection! I would let Matha-mota Ash, obibechok Aftab share 10 overs (5+5), and Rajin and Alok share 10 overs of bowling (3+7). This way we could drop one of the pacers and let TI play.
( Shahadat shouldn't play - he will be expensive). My team:

Rajin (3-5 Os with Ball)
S. Nafees
Aftab (>= 5 Os)
Ashraful(<=5 Os
Tushar
Bashar
Alok (5-7 Os)
Pilot
Rafique (10 Os)
Mashrafee (10 Os)
Rasel (10 Os)

Mr-Cricket
April 20, 2006, 11:16 AM
Pretty good selection. I would take Alok ahead of Shahadat or Razzak otherwise its my team. Alok's inclusion may weaken bowling a bit but definitely would strengthen the batting line up.
Good selection! I would let Matha-mota Ash, obibechok Aftab share 10 overs (5+5), and Rajin and Alok share 10 overs of bowling (3+7). This way we could drop one of the pacers and let TI play.
( Shahadat shouldn't play - he will be expensive).

Ok, let me get this straight. We, Bangladesh, should play THREE front line bowlers against Australia? We just got hit for 4-581 on this pitch! Are you guys out of your minds! We could quite possibly become the first side to be hit for 500 in an ODI if we employ this tactic! I mean where is the logic behind it anyway? What would you do if our batsman failed? And even if they did set a 'defendable' total, how on earth would you defend it? Come on, guys! :eek:

zahid
April 20, 2006, 11:36 AM
S. Nafees ( Mr. consistent )
Aftab
Rajin Saleh
Ashraful
Bashar
Pilot
Rafique
Alok
Mashrafe
Rasel
Shahadat

Cricket46
April 20, 2006, 12:03 PM
I agree with Mr-Cricket, you cannot play an international match with 3 frontline bowlers. Unfortunately, we do not have international class all rounders, who give you more options. Mashrafee needs to contribute both with the ball and bat. He is all at sea against the spinners. We are always expecting wickets and runs from Rafique. Pilot also needs to contribute with the bat more significantly. I don’t know if anyone else has already mentioned this, but my team would be the following:

Rajin
Shahriar
Aftab
Tushar
Sumon
Ashraful
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafee
Rasel
Shahadat
<O:p
Just one comment on Shahadat. If you have been reading some recent write-ups on this series, there have been lots of encouraging words for Shahadat. He looks very aggressive, I say let’s give him a shot. We can bring the additional spinner for the next match, if he really messes up. If Pilot, Rafique and Mashrafee can bat as well as they can, then our tail is not that long.
<O:p
Our top order has 2 batsmen in form (Rajin and Shahriar) and Sumon too (2 good innings out of 4) in the just-concluded test series. I am hoping Tushar will click and one of Ashraful and Aftab. So the outlook is not that bleak. Our bowlers will probably not have much of an effect on the Aussie batting line-up. However, our batsmen will really make or break the series for us.

exotic
April 20, 2006, 12:03 PM
Ok, let me get this straight. We, Bangladesh, should play THREE front line bowlers against Australia? We just got hit for 4-581 on this pitch! Are you guys out of your minds! We could quite possibly become the first side to be hit for 500 in an ODI if we employ this tactic!

True, we should take four regular bowlers to make it a contest, and a combo of aftab-rajin-alok(if he plays)-ash. It will be too risky if we go for three regular bowlers only. From the aussie ODI squad, I don't really see any threat from their bowlers (apart from Lee and to some extent Bracken and Symonds may be), it will be actually quite inexperienced bowling line up (R Ponting, A Gilchrist, N Bracken, M Clarke, D Cullen, B Hogg, M Hussey, M Johnson, S Katich, B Lee, A Symonds, J Hopes, M Cosgrove and B Dorey). So the key will be to see off the new ball threat by Rajin and S Nafees.

I hope we will not prepare those so-called sporting wkt which have good true bounce rather we should prepare slow and low bounce pitches (spin of Hogg and Symonds should not pose much of a threat, moreover we have so many regular and part time spinners in our team). And if we can post (obviously if we get the chance to bat first) a score of above 250, inshallah we can make a match out of that. And those who think aussies gonna make 400 runs against us, i would say just dream on, i don't even see them making 300 runs in any of the matches.

Good luck bangladesh, i wish we could win at least one of the ODIs. I am happy with any of the team combination that our team management decide, and good luck to all of them those will be selected. May Allah help us.

dash
April 20, 2006, 01:09 PM
some points to ponder:
a) some one asked to rest rajin!
b) all of were going gaga for Ash before the series! dont forget he played crucial role in all of our one day success.
c) Alok is must for one dayers. coz he will give u the 10 overers

sar2005
April 20, 2006, 01:30 PM
Nafees
Rajin
Aftab
Ashraful (Tushar should be automatic choice from 2nd odi if ash fails)
Bashar
Alok
Rafiq
pilot
Murtuza
Russel
Shahadat (or Razzaq if we play in slow/turning wicket)

As stated by sovik, Alok and Aftab both should be there to act as the 5th bowler

SMHasan
April 20, 2006, 07:26 PM

Is rest too necessary fo rajin?

al Furqaan
April 20, 2006, 08:51 PM
Agree with spitty on opening pair: it has to be rajin and shahriar nafis. these two are in form and need to give them the maximum chance possible. Another important thing is that Rajin's most of the big scores came in opening position. he is better suited there in ODI.

spot on, rubu bhai.

my team:

1- Rajin
2- S Nafees
3- Aftab
4- Ashraful
5- Bashar
6- Alok (Tushar if Alok flops)
7- Pilot
8- Rafique
9- Mashrafee
10- Russel
11- Shahadat (since no Rana, no Razzaq)

Locutus
April 20, 2006, 09:57 PM
Shahriar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Tushar Imran
Aftab Ahmed
Mashfiqur Rahim (got let him pay in ODI Mathces, get use to internation cricket)
Mohammad Rafique,
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossain
Syed Rasel

Hatebreed
April 20, 2006, 11:33 PM
Rajin Saleh (He's in form and a perfect replacement for Golla. He can give the team a solid start)
Shahriar Nafees
*Habibul Bashar (He's best at this position as he gave good support to both Rajin & Nafees, also Ash. So I'm hoping he'll be the balancing force between the openers and top of middle-order)
Mohammad Ashraful
Aftab Ahmed
Alok Kapali
+Khaled Mashud
Mohammad Rafique
Mashrafe Mortaza
Shahadat Hossein
Syed Rasel

sonarbangla
April 20, 2006, 11:57 PM
Especial SonarBangla team:

Shahariar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Tushar Imran
Aftab Ahamed
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafique
Sayad Russel
Mashrafee Mourtuza

If Bangladesh play with these players, i can assure you a minimum of one victory against Aus in this recent series ;D

Thunder
April 21, 2006, 03:07 AM
i am not that optimistic about the ODI as we are definitely up for a complete sweep by the aussies as they will take those games more seriously than ever before to avoid an embarassment. anyway, here's my combination for odi team:

1. Ashraful (hope he'll come good as an opener, if he's ON!, aussies will be OFF! for sure)
2. S. Nafees (potential candidate for a big innings)
3. Rajin (will prevent dramatic collapse)
4. Rafique (will continue the right and left hand combination)
5. Bashar (help to build up partnership with any one from the top)
6. Aftab (will be looking for quick runs to accelerate the run-rate)
7. Alok (will keep the scoreboard running)
8. Pilot (will continue work with Aftab or alok and lead the lower order batsman)
9. Mashrafe (responsible for a lower order onslaught and lead pacers)
10. Shahadat (pair with mash to keep the pressure on to aussies)
11. Rasel (will support effectively to mash and shahadat)

this combination should at least suffer the aussies at its best to win each and every game. :)

Sham
April 21, 2006, 04:47 AM
Rajin
Abir
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Alok
Mashud
Rafique
Mashrafe
Razzak
Rasel

Miraz
April 21, 2006, 04:51 AM

Shahariar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Tushar Imran
Aftab Ahamed
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafique
Sayad Russel
Mashrafee Mourtuza

If Bangladesh play with these players, i can assure you a minimum of one victory against Aus in this recent series ;D

I am also going with the same team. Selectors might drop one from Tushar/Alok and play one more bowler.

sar2005
April 21, 2006, 10:10 AM

Shahariar Nafees
Rajin Saleh
Mohammad Ashraful
Habibul Bashar
Tushar Imran
Aftab Ahamed
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Mohammad Rafique
Sayad Russel
Mashrafee Mourtuza

I can see rafiq, russel, murtaza can combine 30 overs. But who will bowl for the rest 20? alok, aftab and saleh together can go for maximum of 10 overs on a good day. I really doubt about the bowling capability of your team. Are you also thinking to use bashar and tushar for some SRA?? I wish we could have one more batsman bowling genuine medium pace. S.Nafis should do some bowling practice in nets. Does he bowl at all??

Miraz
April 21, 2006, 10:15 AM
I can see rafiq, russel, murtaza can combine 30 overs. But who will bowl for the rest 20? alok, aftab and saleh together can go for maximum of 10 overs on a good day. I really doubt about the bowling capability of your team. Are you also thinking to use bashar and tushar for some SRA?? I wish we could have one more batsman bowling genuine medium pace. S.Nafis should do some bowling practice in nets. Does he bowl at all??

Alok, Aftab and Rajin can easily bowl 20 over if the pitch is a slow one. Alok and Aftab are quite good ODI bowler, Rajin can be a cover for them.

thebest
April 21, 2006, 10:23 AM

AFAIR Aftab has a fiver in ODI in Ctg. So Alok, Ash, Aftab, Rajin can cover 20 overs. There is also cover TI and HB. I would like to go with this team

Mohiul
April 21, 2006, 12:27 PM

Why Rajin?????????

Omio
April 21, 2006, 12:47 PM
Tushafr should play..
Rajin wud b key factor..
he is man in form..

truetruetiger
April 21, 2006, 12:54 PM
s.nafees
rajin
aftab
ash
bashar
alok
rafique
masri
pilot
rasel
rajib

shamster
April 21, 2006, 01:15 PM
This thread is mis leading I thought the team has been announced

billah
April 21, 2006, 01:29 PM
Rajin and Nafees would be a good opening option. Bashar should not be in the ODI squad at all. He will be a liability in two ways.

First, he doesn't bat well in OIDs, he is just taking up a valuable spot. The days of 20 run ODIs are over.

Second, if there is any chance of pinning the Aussies down, he will find a way for us to lose. He is not agressive. In the tests, at least twice, it looked like he may have just forgotten to rotate his bowlers. Bashar's meek presense in the team will demoralize the rest.

layperson
April 21, 2006, 08:03 PM
rajin
s.nafees
aftab
ashraful
bashar
alok/tushar( since a lot u hv picked tushar i m tempted to think he is a good player who has been scoring runs regularly ... but personally i hv no idea abt him coz i hvent seen much of him)
mashud
rafique
mashrafee
russel
shahadat/razzaq( depending on the wicket)

here aftab is perfectly suited for number 3 .... bashar can come down the order as he has done against kenya....i think this is the best team(solely my personal opinion) we can hv given the squad to choose frm...

amra_korbo_joy
April 21, 2006, 11:24 PM
i am not that optimistic about the ODI as we are definitely up for a complete sweep by the aussies as they will take those games more seriously than ever before to avoid an embarassment. anyway, here's my combination for odi team:

1. Ashraful (hope he'll come good as an opener, if he's ON!, aussies will be OFF! for sure)
2. S. Nafees (potential candidate for a big innings)
3. Rajin (will prevent dramatic collapse)
4. Rafique (will continue the right and left hand combination)
5. Bashar (help to build up partnership with any one from the top)
6. Aftab (will be looking for quick runs to accelerate the run-rate)
7. Alok (will keep the scoreboard running)
8. Pilot (will continue work with Aftab or alok and lead the lower order batsman)
9. Mashrafe (responsible for a lower order onslaught and lead pacers)
10. Shahadat (pair with mash to keep the pressure on to aussies)
11. Rasel (will support effectively to mash and shahadat)

this combination should at least suffer the aussies at its best to win each and every game. :)

i liked your selection.

cricketboy
April 22, 2006, 12:00 AM
Guys you need to understand Rafique is not a middle order batsman specially not against Aus. My team is:

Rajin
Shahriar
Ash
Bashar
ALok
Aftab
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafe
Razzak
Rasel
12thman-Javed Omar(good fielder):D

Thunder
April 22, 2006, 03:30 AM
Guys you need to understand Rafique is not a middle order batsman specially not against Aus. My team is:

Rajin
Shahriar
Ash
Bashar
ALok
Aftab
Pilot
Rafique
Mashrafe
Razzak
Rasel
12thman-Javed Omar(good fielder):D

guess rafique was never tried as a middle order batsman before. besides its not batsmanship that fits him in middle order. its his attitude towards the game that puts him as a middle order batsman. i am sure if he get a job like that, he will make at least 30 or 40 odd runs before he gets out while others will just give away their wickets.
I totally agree with your 12th man for JO. From now on, he should be a parmanent 12th man for our team..:D

BD_Ashraful
April 22, 2006, 04:49 AM
I looked on cricinfo and its says this
Bangladesh (probable): 1 Javed Omar, 2 Shahriar Nafees, 3 Habibul Bashar (capt), 4 Mohammad Ashraful, 5 Rajin Saleh, 6 Aftab Ahmed, 7 Khaled Mashud (wk), 8 Mohammad Rafique, 9 Mashrafe Mortaza, 10 Syed Rasel 11, Shahadat Hossain.

Miraz
April 22, 2006, 05:27 AM
Bangladesh (probable): 1 Javed Omar, 2 Shahriar Nafees, 3 Habibul Bashar (capt), 4 Mohammad Ashraful, 5 Rajin Saleh, 6 Aftab Ahmed, 7 Khaled Mashud (wk), 8 Mohammad Rafique, 9 Mashrafe Mortaza, 10 Syed Rasel 11, Shahadat Hossain.

I have also seen this but really :E as JO is there but no Alok or Tushar.

Spitfire_x86
April 22, 2006, 05:40 AM
I'll wait for tomorrow's Daily Star and Prothom Alo. Cricinfo is often wrong about "probable" Bangladesh squad. I hope they are wrong again this time.