April 20, 2006, 07:33 AM
DHONI IS WORLD #1, BEWARE OF THIS FUTURE ODI LEGEND

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/rankings/content/current/story/244910.html

vv_sunil
April 20, 2006, 07:39 AM
congratulations dhoni, keep it up

Mon
April 20, 2006, 08:28 AM
Dhoni's magic Dhamakas are every entertaining to watch :) keep going Dhoni. What a team India has become! I think they are in a very good position to win the upcomming World Cup.

Tigers_eye
April 20, 2006, 09:44 AM
Great achievement!!
Now the thing is how long can he hold on to it.

4 of the top 6 will have a crack at Bangladesh.

Banglatiger84
April 20, 2006, 10:30 AM
I still remember when we won the 2nd ODI in Dec 2004, people were saying "ki faltu indian team eta, dhoni toni kara era" .....

SS
April 21, 2006, 03:34 PM
I still remember when we won the 2nd ODI in Dec 2004, people were saying "ki faltu indian team eta, dhoni toni kara era" .....

Yea that's tradegy that then Ashraful was more known than Dhoni but look at Dhoni right now...that's the major difference of BD players and international players.

fai_hasan
April 21, 2006, 08:37 PM
amar ek indian friend bollo tar priyo player ekhon Dhoni. ami to obak, eita kemne priyo player hoi. ekhon bujte parlam keno.

well done Dhoni

Bancan
April 21, 2006, 09:04 PM
dhoni is a great player but i personally dont like him. still congrats. though i hav doubts about him staying in the top spot.

vv_sunil
April 22, 2006, 04:09 AM
Dhoni's magic Dhamakas are every entertaining to watch :) keep going Dhoni. What a team India has become! I think they are in a very good position to win the upcomming World Cup.

Possibly for a short time. Ponting will overtake him during the series against BD whereas India has no matches before WI tour. So, Ponting will become the No.1 batsman again in next listing.

DJ Sahastra
April 23, 2006, 02:20 AM
Guys,

It is your responsibility now to make sure Ponting doesn't score many runs so that Dhoni's ranking can survive :)

On a relevant note, during the bangla-series 3rd match, i had predicted that this Kid is gonna be famous. He had hit some lusty and disdainful shots at death. It was not how many runs he had scored, but the shots were a good testimony to what was to follow. Or maybe just my instinct.

Huda
April 23, 2006, 02:45 PM
He hasnt played overseas ..on sporting wickets..thast got more in it for the bowlers...then we will see the true character of Dhoni..if he can withstand that..then a odi legend is in the making like KP

Spitfire_x86
April 24, 2006, 05:50 AM
He hasnt played overseas ..on sporting wickets..thast got more in it for the bowlers...then we will see the true character of Dhoni..if he can withstand that..then a odi legend is in the making like KP
He didn't do too well against Kiwi bowling (led by Shane Bond) in the triseries at Zimbabwe. (link (http://statserver.cricket.org/guru?sdb=player;playerid=7593;class=odiplayer;filt er=basic;team=0;opposition=NZ;notopposition=0;seas on=0;homeaway=0;continent=0;country=0;notcountry=0 ;groundid=0;startdefault=2004-12-23;start=2004-12-23;enddefault=2006-04-19;end=2006-04-19;tourneyid=0;finals=0;daynight=0;toss=0;schedule dovers=0;scheduleddays=0;innings=0;result=0;follow on=0;seriesresult=0;keeper=0;captain=0;dnp=0;recen t=;viewtype=bat_list;runslow=;runshigh=;batpositio n=0;dismissal=0;bowposition=0;ballslow=;ballshigh= ;bpof=0;overslow=;overshigh=;conclow=;conchigh=;wi cketslow=;wicketshigh=;dismissalslow=;dismissalshi gh=;caughtlow=;caughthigh=;caughttype=0;stumpedlow =;stumpedhigh=;csearch=;submit=1;.cgifields=viewty pe))

Sovik
April 24, 2006, 07:25 AM
He is good, and attacking batsman but he hasn't played overseas and on bouncy wickets

Miraz
April 24, 2006, 07:29 AM
Yea that's tradegy that then Ashraful was more known than Dhoni but look at Dhoni right now...that's the major difference of BD players and international players.

This happened as Dhoni was allowed to play his natural game and was never the main hope for Indian succeess. On the other hand Ashraful is not allowed to play his natural game and he is under immense pressure as he is the major hope for Bangladesh's success. That's made the difference.

Tigers_eye
April 24, 2006, 08:42 AM
Getting the #1 spot in the world is no joke, period. Sporting wicket, non-sporting wicket, home, away doesn't matter. How many current batsmen can claim that? Give Dhoni the props what he deserves.

If any of BD player cracked the top ten list, there would be countless threads of he is this, he is that, he is better than so and so, he is the best batsmen in the world.

Spitfire_x86
April 25, 2006, 08:48 AM
If any of BD player cracked the top ten list, there would be countless threads of he is this, he is that, he is better than so and so, he is the best batsmen in the world.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

sunny747
April 26, 2006, 02:03 PM
Let him go out of Indian condition........u will see him flop...

bharat
April 26, 2006, 04:54 PM
Let him go out of Indian condition........u will see him flop...
Is this wishful thinking or a judgement ?

Shafin
April 27, 2006, 12:27 AM
Is this wishful thinking or a judgement ?
That does not matter,because the reality is he is playing for india and he will play for india,and the same thing can be said for anybody.

vv_sunil
April 27, 2006, 12:32 AM
It seems Dhoni will retain his place in next listing also as Ponting failed in first two one days.

DJ Sahastra
April 29, 2006, 11:17 AM
BD Team leapfrogged Gilchrist over Dhoni :(

Hatebreed
April 29, 2006, 11:39 AM
Wrong statement mate.. it's Gilchrist, a world-class batsman who leapfrogged other batsmen in the competition. Don't forget Ricky Ponting who was unable to make any difference.

Tigers_eye
May 1, 2006, 11:01 AM
BD Team leapfrogged Gilchrist over Dhoni :(
Hmm! Ponting Dhoni's closest rival dropped 20 points. You are still not happy?

It is your responsibility now to make sure Ponting doesn't score many runs so that Dhoni's ranking can survive :)
Wasn't it your quote? :)

Bd team did not "leapfrogged" but soon will over Zim. Our target is not WI or India but Australia.

DJ Sahastra
May 1, 2006, 02:58 PM
Hmm! Ponting Dhoni's closest rival dropped 20 points. You are still not happy?

Wasn't it your quote? :)

That i am happy about :p

Bur E-Shalar Gilchrist jumping ahead of both - :E

Fazal
May 1, 2006, 03:14 PM
That i am happy about :p

Bur E-Shalar Gilchrist jumping ahead of both - :E

Yes Fak Taley Shalar Beta (Gilchrist) Dhoni Miar Dhon Neye (i.e. #1 ranking) Tana Tani:mad:

http://www.centralchronicle.com/20051218/18a2.jpg