PDA

View Full Version : best batsman after bashar (test)

tiger1000
April 20, 2006, 03:44 PM
i think it is rajin

good average and is consistent

ammark
April 20, 2006, 03:50 PM
I would rate Rajin ahead of Bashar. Just that bashar's experience speaks for himself. As far as batsman's technique is concerned, Rajin is better

sadi
April 20, 2006, 03:54 PM
Rajin was quite impressive but it was only his first comeback series.... lets see for another series or two.... shahriar nafees would be my pick for now....

tiger1000
April 20, 2006, 04:47 PM
nafis is to un consisstent before playing against australia
his average was only 19!

and only knows how to slog sweep ,cut, pull ,

Shafin
April 20, 2006, 05:46 PM
Ashraful

No matter what his form is,no matter how inconsistant he is,his record speaks for it.

Sovik
April 20, 2006, 05:55 PM
Ashraful. he has tempermaent problem. but he can play shots and he will become a great batsman if he wants

exotic
April 20, 2006, 06:05 PM
nafis is to un consisstent before playing against australia
his average was only 19!

How many tests he played before that?

and only knows how to slog sweep ,cut, pull ,on drive

What other shots are left ( i recon 'hook', its better not to play that shot in tests)? And please don't tell that he doesn't play any of the off side drives (square/ cover/ off). And who cares if he makes runs at that rate without playing any of the good looking shots, at the end of the day all that matters is how much he has scored.

Sauron
April 20, 2006, 07:25 PM
The only thing I care about in this thread is the answer to this question - Who voted for JO???

Sovik
April 20, 2006, 07:29 PM
The only thing I care about in this thread is the answer to this question - Who voted for JO???

we javed haters may choose different options but javed lovers will go for only javed. and there are many javed lovers and i wont be surprised if he wins this poll

Ishtylish cricketer
April 20, 2006, 08:25 PM
I voted for Rajin simply because Rajin has the temperment to play long inning and doesn't throw it away like some of our more talented batsmen. Rajin himself is quite a good stroke player himself but he gladly trades off the flashy shots for the higher percentage singles and sort of builds up his inning by accumulating. I really admire that ability in him and over the long run it will serve him well and it will definitely make his average go higher. Rajin has a tremendous work ethic; easily one of our most fittest players and has the right attitude. He is the sort guy one would like to see improve because he works so hard at it... most batsmen who average in the 50s or around 50 in tests are either very good accumulators (ie Dravid, Kallis, Hussey, Martyn, etc) of runs or pure strokemaker (Sachin, Lara, Punter, Gilly, Inzamam, etc). Too many bangladeshi batsmen are trying to become the Lara's the Sachin's, etc. How come no one wants to follow the Dravids, the Kallis, in the world? Bangladesh more than anything needs stability in the middle order and Rajin seems to have the temperment to both handle pressure and trive under it. Bd really needs a grinder like Rajin and you can throw in his Sylheti mate Alok in there as well as both of those guys compete hard and that's one trait that will get you far in life which is why these guys always knock on the selectors' doors so often. I understand S. Nafees has played couple of great innings and that you certainly can't argue against people voting for him but to Rajin's determination and temperment will defintely take him a long way. Although, statistically S. Nafees has done better in this test series but in the long run I still believe that Rajin will be the best batsman after Bashar retires. Having said all that I do think that S. Nafees has a good futre ahead of him. He does a lot of things right and he too has a very good temperment. It wouldn't matter so much as to who becomes the best after Bashar as long as one of them do become really good because Bangladesh will require both of them plus the remaining 9 players to perform well in order to even win a match in the upcoming world cup. Best doesn't necessarily have to been the boldest and sometimes the best shots are the ones you don't play.

al Furqaan
April 20, 2006, 08:35 PM
bashar ain't that great, and whoever voted for javed should considering counseling.

Hatebreed
April 20, 2006, 08:59 PM
Haha, who voted for JO?!...

I voted for SN, coz he's great to watch, young, confident and performing well.. if he keeps up his form, improves his technique and learns to play more shots (suitably), he could become BD's greatest batsman.

My 2nd choice would be Rajin for his temperment, but SN leads the way for now.

mildwind
April 20, 2006, 09:20 PM
i voted for SN. But Rajin is well ahead of Bashar considering tech, temp. He rarely plays rush shots. Very good player. Also a good fielder.

cricket_pagla
April 20, 2006, 09:31 PM
it'll b.... rajin or s.nafees...

Locutus
April 20, 2006, 09:48 PM
Rajin Saleh is good. Awesome patience at the crease. We need few more talent with his kind of work ethic and attitude. He has got great future ahead of him.

tiger1000
April 21, 2006, 08:07 AM
nafis to uncunsistent before playing against aus
his average was 19

Sovik
April 21, 2006, 08:12 AM
nafis to uncunsistent before playing against aus
his average was 19

how many tests he played before, 4.and he had a fifty

tiger1000
April 21, 2006, 08:16 AM
nafis got a good average

its between rajin & s.nafis

tiger1000
April 21, 2006, 08:18 AM
ash good average but he is the most unconsistent
player i have ever seen and gets out with a stupid
shot

good odi player

sar2005
April 21, 2006, 08:19 AM
sorry guys, I made a mistake as I miss-read. I voted for Aftab in ODI. In test, I would still go with asraful. Time has not yet come to rate S.Nafis over Ashraful just since he played legspin with authority.

Miraz
April 21, 2006, 08:26 AM
Undoubtedly Ashraful. Look at the number of runs scored by him, number of century made and they way they were made. Ashraful is not consistent but that does not mean he is a bad batsman. Ashraful has got all the shots in the book, no other batsman in BD has got that. Don't write off him so early.

SN, Rajin has to go a long way to be rated ahead of Ashraful.

Daddy_Mac
April 21, 2006, 08:29 AM
I voted for Asr...cause Rajin,S.Nafis and A.Ahmed are better then Basher and u said best after Basher....

Rubu
April 21, 2006, 08:56 AM
It is interesting to see how many fans rajin has gotten in this one series. It has been a good comeback series for him, I just hope it actually becomes a comeback series for him.

He has been equally impressive in the pak tour on his debut. Then he kept playing good innings until he got the captency. That was a real downfall in his carrier as I think that is where he started to lost his form. People started to get on his back, but I always has faith in him. A determined player like him cannot just diappear. and he did just that. I just hope he can keep it up from now on.

Rubu
April 21, 2006, 09:01 AM
I see one vote for Javed Omar. Must be Spitfire!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

Miraz
April 21, 2006, 09:14 AM
I see one vote for Javed Omar. Must be Spitfire!

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gifhttp://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/24.gif

Baundule
April 21, 2006, 09:27 AM
JO ke arekta vote dilam. Dinkal ja porese Gollar jamanot bajeyapto hoye jabe.

I think, it should be S. Nafees. And yes, Bashar, as a batsman, still far far better than the others.

thebest
April 21, 2006, 09:34 AM
JO ke arekta vote dilam. Dinkal ja porese Gollar jamanot bajeyapto hoye jabe.

I think, it should be S. Nafees. And yes, Bashar, as a batsman, still far far better than the others.

R u serious? Actually I want to know about the logic of those who think Golla is the second best batsman of BD team.
I also wonder to the logic of those people who think Basher is no more the best Batsman of the team. Just one good series does not make SN/RS better than Basher or for that matter Ash. Let them do it series after series. I do not have the number, but this must be the first series when Basher is not in the top two run getter of BD team or is he? Did RS score more than HB?

tiger1000
April 21, 2006, 10:03 AM
I voted for Asr...cause Rajin,S.Nafis and A.Ahmed are better then Basher and u said best after Basher....

aftab averages 15 under bashars average
rajin averages 5 under bashars average
nafees averages 3 under bashars average

Baundule
April 21, 2006, 10:06 AM
Bashar is certainly the best. Ashraful and Aftab could be much better; but they are very slow learners; most probably they dont want at all to learn from their mistakes.

Nafees is my choice, because it seems, even after a poor start to his career, he is learning quickly to deliver to his full potential.

Golla does not have the potential. Usually he used to know his limitation. But I am really pissed of seeing his last test innings. I would not be surprised, if he did it to show the selectors that he has the ability to score quickly (aiming at the possiblity of getting selected for the ODI team). That's pure stupidity. He should have played according to the situation. Block everything and a 100-ball duck would be more reasonable.

Mr-Cricket
April 21, 2006, 10:15 AM
Rajiiiiin, Rajiiiiin! (To the tune of Sachiiiiin, Sachiiiiin!) :D

>Hey, I may just have (inadvertently) come up with something here!

amra_korbo_joy
April 21, 2006, 10:34 AM
I did not vote. Because Ashraful is the best.

green_cat
April 21, 2006, 11:11 AM
i know it is Rajin...why?
+ does not throw wk (will ash learn this? i doubt?)
+ have shots in his hand.. just dont use his shots!!will use when he will get a signal like ash that he will not be thrown from the team even he plays bad
+ tries to make a mark on a game.. not like ash who always beleive 50/100 in one game and will not make runs in next 8/10 games...
*** otherwise if ahs behaves like rajin..ash is the best...
+ nochance for aftab..he dont have that ability to play test match..:E

amra_korbo_joy
April 21, 2006, 11:35 AM
yes, Ashraful shd learn from Rajin as mentioned '(Rajin) tries to make a mark on a game.. not like ash who always beleive 50/100 in one game and will not make runs in next 8/10 games...'

Omio
April 21, 2006, 12:50 PM
Ashraful...

nayef
April 21, 2006, 01:25 PM
i refrain from voting in this poll for now because:

1. Ashraful isn't in my opinion the best batsman after Bashar. He has the shots, he scored big at times, but to be even considered as Bashar's understudy, he has to be more consistent and learn from his mistakes. (anyone remember Bashar getting out playing a stupid pull shot of late?)

2. Rajin and Nafees have played only a handful of games to be anywhere near the stature of Bashar. However, if both continue the way they did in this series... either of them might be racking up a few centuries soon.

tiger1000
April 21, 2006, 03:21 PM
I did not vote. Because Ashraful is the best.

ash averages 10 less than bashar
and currently worlds most unconsistent player

how can u think ash is better than bashar

:-/ :-/ :-/

crikeyfan
April 21, 2006, 03:44 PM
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
Bestman where ??? in BDesh,in Asia ,in World ,in our Galaxy ??? where...

BTW...it's akin to discussing best footballer in Nepal or Bhutan ...just waste of time

tiger1000
April 22, 2006, 05:51 AM
?????

??????????????????

Ahmed_B
April 22, 2006, 10:00 AM
How did Ashraful get 11 votes?!:wow:
For people who chose to vote Ashraful over Rajin or Nafees or Aftab... I suggest you take a look at the stats in this thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=301194&posted=1#post301194

Miraz
April 22, 2006, 10:12 AM
For people who chose to vote Ashraful over Rajin or Nafees or Aftab... I suggest you take a look at the stats in this thread:
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=301194&posted=1#post301194

Dear Moderator, You are judging players by only one series that is very unexpected and injustice to many players. Rajin was impressive after Pakistan tour and after that he was nowhere. Kapali was impressive in the home series against WI and after that lost everything including his place in test side. I hope and pray S Nafees and Rajin can keep the present form but they have a long way in front to go pass Ashraful. Still Ashraful is the second best Batsman in the Bangladesh side, one bad series never proves that wrong.

KaaL-PurusH
April 22, 2006, 10:32 AM
RAJIN n SHAHRIAR-i think both of them r best batsmen in test cricket after BASHAR. Coz both of them have patience, temperament and consistency. But RAJIN has good technique than SHAHRIAR.

Ahmed_B
April 22, 2006, 10:45 AM
True..
One series does not represent a player's qualty. But what I always have been feeling is that the reason for BD's low game in Tests is the attitude of the player's to get some quick runs and refuse to take the responsibility to hang in there and take the game forward. For a long time I had thought about looking into the matters of Innings or Partnership lengths... but it is a tough ask since the statictical archives do not provide analysis of it.

About Ashraful:
Even though he has had some good scores in the past along with lots and lots of bad scores... it has always been a problem for him to play patient innings and building Test Match partnerships with lots of care. If you genuinly try to find the better test match players in BD squad... Ashraful can probably given negative remarks in a number of aspects considering the demand of Test matches. He can be great ODI batsman if he just controls himself.. but Test matches are different games alltogether.

Watching the progress of S. Nafees in recent times... I believe he has both the confidence and commitment in this respect. Even though I voted for Rajin in this poll... I am highly impressed with S. Nafees. :)

tiger1000
April 22, 2006, 01:40 PM
thats true

tiger1000
April 22, 2006, 01:43 PM

i dont know he is a crap test player front rajin & nafees

worlds most unconsistent player!!

but he is a better batsman than aftab

cricman
April 22, 2006, 02:20 PM
3 Test Centuries have no merit in this discussion? Last I Checked thats just as many as Bashar. One bad series and he's garbage?

People may say SN 250+ runs in 2 tests was the best perfomance by a BD batsmen but that doesn't even come close to Ashraul's 221****. Why 4 *? well 60* and 158* makes 2 and Aleem Dars BoneHead decisions make up the other 2.

When your 4 top scores in Tests read like this 158*,138, 116 and 98 thats pretty impressive.

irteja
April 22, 2006, 02:25 PM
a big yes to SHARIAR NAFIZ...no question about it....who vote for khaled masud...lol...may be khaled masud wife dipa is this forum member

tiger1000
April 23, 2006, 12:49 AM
3 Test Centuries have no merit in this discussion? Last I Checked thats just as many as Bashar. One bad series and he's garbage?

People may say SN 250+ runs in 2 tests was the best perfomance by a BD batsmen but that doesn't even come close to Ashraul's 221****. Why 4 *? well 60* and 158* makes 2 and Aleem Dars BoneHead decisions make up the other 2.

When your 4 top scores in Tests read like this 158*,138, 116 and 98 thats pretty impressive. 146 (aminul islam bdesh 1st test)

bashar is not worlds most unncunsistent player like ash
bashar averages 10 more than ash

tiger1000
May 15, 2006, 10:56 AM
some of u are saying ash is better than bashar
ashraful cant even score a 50! against
non pro's

ash better than bashar

no way!

Mahmood
May 15, 2006, 11:04 AM
Talent wise, yes Ash is the best. Performence wise, yes, Nafees is the best. I believe this poll is for performence, thus its Nafees.

tiger1000
May 15, 2006, 11:35 AM
yes ash has talent
but he never plays like he has got talent
every 100 years he plays with his talent

Fazal
May 15, 2006, 12:11 PM
Yes Ash has the talent. To be precise, Ash have latent talent: potential but not evident or active most of the times.

He will get my vote only when his latent talent comes out of dormant or hidden stage for good (not once in a lifetime).

In the mean time, lloks like Shareer Nafis is far ahead in this race (2nd best batsman) so far.... but its too early in this race (for him)

mhferdaus
May 15, 2006, 01:17 PM
we javed haters may choose different options but javed lovers will go for only javed. and there are many javed lovers and i wont be surprised if he wins this poll

what is this love and hate stuff, I guess you want to marry some cricketers yes?

be practical dude, love everyone and give chances to the ones who performs the best, and take a note about who performs better against what team and in what ground.

SMHasan
May 15, 2006, 07:16 PM
ভাইসব, এবার পোল টোল বন্ধ করেন তো, আর ভাল লাগে না এইসব। আমাদের এখনো অনেক দূর যেতে হবে। কয়েক বছর পর এরকম সংসদ নির্বাচন করলে মানাবে!

tiger1000
May 23, 2006, 07:17 AM
rahim could be a good player after 5 years
he made 19 against england when he was just 16
that was one of the highest bdesh score in innings

fwullah
May 23, 2006, 08:23 AM
Has anyone considered this little matter that Shahriar Nafees is playing well now because this is his debut season? All of our players play to the best of their abilities in their debut season and then just fade away after that.

P.S. I haven't voted yet.

sadi
May 23, 2006, 12:33 PM
rahim could be a good player after 5 years
he made 19 against england when he was just 16

So after 5 years, when he is 21, he will score 24?? Genius.... :lol:

Omio
May 24, 2006, 03:15 AM
Sud b Rafique

cricbb
May 24, 2006, 07:16 AM
"Undoubtedly Ashraful. Look at the number of runs scored by him, number of century made and they way they were made. Ashraful is not consistent but that does not mean he is a bad batsman. Ashraful has got all the shots in the book, no other batsman in BD has got that. Don't write off him so early.

He's only a young blood, he has plenty of talent left to be written off so early.

SN, Rajin has to go a long way to be rated ahead of Ashraful."
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

tiger1000
May 24, 2006, 12:49 PM
s.nafis & rajin
ave more than ashraful
if he has every shot in the book
there is no point of having every shot if u dont use them
ash dont use them

dash
May 25, 2006, 01:48 PM
rajin is good player.
but, u guys will call for his head after a bad series.
about who voted for golla(!) it seems that golla lovers are flooded with uncommon sense.