PDA

View Full Version : Srike on 23rd? What about 1st ODI?

sar2005
April 21, 2006, 06:51 AM
I just saw a news that the opposition alliance has called for another dawn to dusk general strike on 23rd/Sunday, protesting Police brutality on protesters trying to lay siege to the Prime Minister's office yesterday. Immediately I came to BC if anybody has an update on this. Is not it 23rd when the 1st ODI will be played? If there is really a strike on 23rd, will the match be postponded? I'm also afraid that it may completely cancellend.

Our friends in BD (or whoever knows) please keep on updating us here.

Miraz
April 21, 2006, 06:59 AM
Well, Sar, Strike will have no effect on the match. Previously international matches were held at BNS amid strike called by opposition. BNS is very close to the most common picketing point.

This time ODI will be played at CDS which is far away from any picketing point and city. No problem dude, we will watch a wonderful ODI on 23rd.

Sovik
April 21, 2006, 07:03 AM
Strike will not affect the match. there was a strike last year when we are playing against zimbabwe (5th Odi). so no need to worry. but people may suffer when they will go to stadium in the morning

zakirc
April 21, 2006, 07:26 AM
Strike will have no effect.

sar2005
April 21, 2006, 07:50 AM
Good, good!! After all we don't want to miss out the match after the innings defeat in 2nd test. And also, it's on Sunday!!!

But there might be an impact on spectators. I want a jam-packed stadium appealing against Aussie batsman while hitted into pad by Murtuza and Russel.

Tigers_eye
April 21, 2006, 08:47 AM
may be strike would allow people not to go to the office and go to the game. May be blessing in disguise?