PDA

View Full Version : Pinak Ghosh-An incredible BD kid Cricketer

KaaL-PurusH
April 22, 2006, 10:20 AM
What a kid! Hey guys, just read this news. A kid is playing in Dhaka U-13 team and he is studying in class 2.He is a left-handed Batsmen and Medium Pacer. Even he is playing in Club Cricket of Netrokona.

Read the news. News Heading is: "Ekjon Cricket-Balok'er Kotha"
http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=64&Date=2006-04-22

Sovik
April 22, 2006, 12:48 PM
wow. we might find a sachin or lara someday

Shafin
April 22, 2006, 02:04 PM
wow. we might find a sachin or lara someday
We've got one in ashraful,only he cant perform upto potential.

irteja
April 22, 2006, 02:30 PM
well ...i m not impressed...this is the time he should play with his age group...i think his parents are forcing him to play in higher standard...if you read the prothom alo it is very clear....if he is studying class two ..he should wait atlist two more years...thats my point of view

Sauron
April 22, 2006, 03:12 PM
Class 2????

The amount of forward projection into the future is mind blowing! Prothom Alo needs to get a grip.

ManInBlack
April 22, 2006, 03:19 PM
We've got one in ashraful,only he cant perform upto potential.

Ashrafool...comon!! The only cricketer I can compare Ash with is Shahid Afridi. Still a long way from him.

sar2005
April 22, 2006, 03:55 PM
Please don't destroy him at bud. You know he is another Bangladeshi like us. A limelight so early can be very harmful for him. Let's wait for the day when.........

Frost
April 22, 2006, 06:37 PM
Maria Sharapova started playing at the age of 6. There are many other stories like that. Fortunately for them we start to hear these stories AFTER they become famous. So, I think there is no problem playing at this age, but putting this kid under lime-light right now can be dangerous. Banglaeshi newspapers have reputation of being over-zealous (remember Dana/Gothia Cup?). Let the kid play and develop his skills. Putting him under media pressure can spoil his game.

Shakalaka
April 22, 2006, 06:41 PM
14 Crores people! we are bound to have talent. Just that we need to know how to utilize them in right manner.

rafiq
April 22, 2006, 09:57 PM
Class 2? I hope he doesn't get hit on the head with a ball..

Krishna
May 10, 2015, 04:00 PM
Is this for Real..
That kid now entered the Under19 squad.
He became highest scorer in under 16 home series against CAB Team of WBengal(2012/13)
And same against Kerala tour in Under17(2014)
But did poor in under18 domestic tournaments..
Did pretty well and was 2nd highest scorer against SA Under19s.
Link http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/858137.html

And also Rakib Hasan(who hasnt debut yet)who top scored in last under 18 tournament at age of 15 are upcoming under19s talent. Shanto and Zakir are already proven under19 stars.

revolver
May 10, 2015, 04:04 PM
Is this for Real..
That kid now entered the Under19 squad.
He became highest scorer in under 16 home series against CAB Team of WBengal(2012/13)
And same against Kerala tour in Under17(2014)
But did poor in under18 domestic tournaments..
Did pretty well and was 2nd highest scorer against SA Under19s.
Link http://www.espncricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/player/858137.html

And also Rakib Hasan(who hasnt debut yet)who top scored in last under 18 tournament at age of 15 are upcoming under19s talent. Shanto and Zakir are already proven under19 stars.

Major bump and welcome to the forum Krishna

WarWolf
May 10, 2015, 04:22 PM
What happened to Pinak?

Krishna
May 10, 2015, 04:34 PM
What happened to Pinak?
He has just entered Under 19 and was 2nd highest scorer for BD in the series(3rd Overall)
But 1st Highest scorer Shantos str.rate was 60 and he's was 72..
I have more description in my first post in this thread

czone
May 11, 2015, 09:04 AM
He is extremly talented. Hope the talent equates performance.

Nadim
May 11, 2015, 09:26 AM
Wow what a bump. 9 years ago he played u13? When he was 7??:wow:

Vepu
May 11, 2015, 09:56 AM
So he is 16 now. He can play two u-19s wc. Lots of time for him to develop

Krishna
May 11, 2015, 10:09 AM
So he is 16 now. He can play two u-19s wc. Lots of time for him to develop
Actually I am not that exited about him much. It is wrong time and also too early to predict. Although he did well in U16-17 series but was very poor in under 18 young tigers tournament. He started well in the under 19. But he did poor in 2nd devision playing for Cricket Coaching School comparing his fellow mates Munim(17) ,Saif(17). They all three are from Mymenshing. I was just curious that he had his own news thread back in 2006 in BC. That's it.
We dont actually know if he is extra-ordinary. I think Shanto,Zakir,Shawon(Saleh) are real deal at this moment in our under 19 project. But Pinak is more younger just new entry to Under19 side. I think Tamim at 17 or Mushi at 17 was better than NAZMUL Hussein Shanto,Zakir Hussein. Hope Pinak can do really well.

auntu
May 11, 2015, 08:33 PM
Good digging.
Looks like BC found an active new member.
Keep it up.

fuzzy
May 11, 2015, 08:38 PM
Great for our team in future

Zeeshan
May 11, 2015, 10:52 PM
not sure if L is silent in hype

Kohli_Sox
January 26, 2016, 10:44 PM
Very impressive. Can hook/pull at will.

BD Tigers
January 27, 2016, 09:44 AM
brilliant hooker and puller...liked his style very much...

Jadukor
January 27, 2016, 10:29 AM
Looks like a serious talent

RazabQ
January 27, 2016, 01:40 PM
After Ashraful this is the first BD player who can pull and hook with so much time.

MHRAM
January 27, 2016, 01:57 PM
Yup saw the highlights, great with the hook shot.

I think the new breed of players are better at hooking and pulling, as well as playing straight down the ground. One thing David Cullinan highlighted was how our bats like Shanto was playing in the V, something senior teams like our own do not do much these days, and try to play the lap shot or cut

Max100
January 28, 2016, 05:07 AM
What a kid! Hey guys, just read this news. A kid is playing in Dhaka U-13 team and he is studying in class 2.He is a left-handed Batsmen and Medium Pacer. Even he is playing in Club Cricket of Netrokona.

Read the news. News Heading is: "Ekjon Cricket-Balok'er Kotha"
http://www.prothom-alo.net/v1/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=64&Date=2006-04-22

cant open the link.

can some one plz open the link and copy and paste here. really wants to see what they wrote abt pinak

Shaan
January 28, 2016, 05:20 AM
the boy has reall power on his pull shots, man the way he pulls ball as if he has ample of time to display that shot. And power of those pull shots are mindblowing, never seen anyone play pull with such power which go miles and high too..

By the way I like also Shanto that Shanto guy is a great bat too, that kid can play shots from the crease no dancing down the wicket like our Taimma, these guys can just dispatch the ball with power and timing.

Night_wolf
January 28, 2016, 05:50 AM
cant open the link.

can some one plz open the link and copy and paste here. really wants to see what they wrote abt pinak

that link is 10 years old, that news isn't available anymore

Max100
January 28, 2016, 10:42 AM
that link is 10 years old, that news isn't available anymore

thanks night wolf

wish some one copied and pasted the article in the forum then.

Nadim
January 29, 2016, 05:43 AM
Interesting read :lol:. Good stuff from BCB tho.

বাংলাদেশ অনূর্ধ্ব-১৯ দলের ক্রিকেটার পিনাক ঘোষকেও কড়া পাহারায় রেখেছে টিম ম্যানেজমেন্ট। উঠতি এ ক্রিকেটার আবার ফিক্সিংয়ে জড়িয়ে পড়লেন না তো! চোখ কপালে উঠার উপক্রম। কিন্তু সেরকম কিছুই হয়নি প্রতিভাবান এ ক্রিকেটারের সঙ্গে।

ফাস্ট ফুডের মোহ এতটাই বেশি পিনাকের যে, তাকে কড়া নজরদারিতে রাখা হয়েছে। ‘নো ফাস্ট ফুড’- ঘোষিত এ বার্তা প্রতিবারই মনে করিয়ে দিচ্ছেন কোচ, ট্রেনার কিংবা ফিজিও। বর্তমান দলের সঙ্গে থাকা পরামর্শক স্টুয়ার্ট ল’ও এ থেকে বাদ পড়েননি।

টিম ম্যানেজমেন্টের দাবি, প্রতিভাবান এ ক্রিকেটারকে কোনোভাবেই হারাতে চায় না বিসিবি। এ জন্য কড়া পাহাড়ায় রাখা হয়েছে তাকে। ‘চোর-পুলিশের’ খেলায় চোর চুরি করবে এটাই স্বাভাবিক! পিনাকের ক্ষেত্রেও তা হয়েছে। লুকিয়ে ফাস্ট ফুড খেতে গিয়ে ধরা পড়েছেন। কিন্তু মোহ কাটিয়ে উঠতে পারছেন না।

পিনাক বলেন, ‘পাহারা আমার জন্যে সব সময়ই থাকে। কোচ, ট্রেনার, সবাই অনেকভাবে আমাকে পাহারা দেওয়ার চেষ্টা করে। স্যান্ডউইচ, বার্গার, চিকেন খেতে দেয় না। চুরি করে মাঝে মাঝে খেয়ে ফেলি। মাঝে মাঝে ধরাও খাই। চুরি করে যখন খাই তখন যদি এসে পরে লুকাতে গিয়ে ধরা খাই। জিজ্ঞেস করে, ‘কি খাচ্ছিস দেখি?’ তখনই দেখিয়ে দেই।’

http://www.risingbd.com/%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%9C%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B9%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0%E0%A 6%BE%E0%A7%9F-%E0%A6%AF%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%AC-%E0%A6%95%E0%A7%8D%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%95%E0%A 7%87%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%B0-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%95-%E0%A6%98%E0%A7%8B%E0%A6%B7/145008

Jadukor
January 29, 2016, 05:53 AM
Damn weakness for fast food? That is a career ending habbit. Good thing coaches keep an eye on him. But when he gets a bou and shashuri might be too difficult to prevent the next akram/levrock

ahnaf
January 29, 2016, 06:08 AM
LOL. Good share nadim bhai.

Pinak er dehkhi pinik ache fast food er.

ahnaf
January 29, 2016, 06:49 AM
On PA too

এমনিতে পরিচিত মণ্ডলে ‘ভোজন পটু’ বলে বিশেষ খ্যাতি তাঁর! বিশেষ করে ফাস্ট ফুডে পিনাকের ভীষণ দুর্বলতা। কিন্তু বিশ্বকাপে দারুণ করার ব্রতে চাইলেও সব সময় খেতে পারেন না প্রিয় খাবার। লুকিয়ে লুকিয়ে তবুও চেষ্টা করেন। বিধি বাম! ধরাও পড়ে যান কোচদের কাছে। এক গাল হেসে পিনাক শোনালেন তাঁর ভোজন-কাহিনি, ‘কোচ থেকে শুরু করে ট্রেনার, সবাই অনেকভাবে আমাকে পাহারা দেওয়ার চেষ্টা করে। চুরি করে যখন খাই, স্যারেরা (কোচেরা) যদি এসে পরে, লুকিয়ে ফেলি। কিন্তু লুকাতে গিয়েও ধরা খাই! তখন তাঁরা জিজ্ঞেস করে, কী খাচ্ছিস, দেখি? তখন দেখিয়ে দিই।’
http://www.prothom-alo.com/sports/article/753865/%E0%A6%B2%E0%A7%81%E0%A6%95%E0%A6%BF%E0%A7%9F%E0%A 7%87-%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%9F-%E0%A6%B0%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%A8%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%B0-%E2%80%98%E0%A6%96%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AC%E0%A6%BE%E0%A 6%B0%E2%80%99%E0%A6%9F%E0%A6%BE-%E0%A6%A6%E0%A7%87%E2%80%8B%E0%A6%96%E0%A6%BF%E0%A 7%9F%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%87-%E0%A6%96%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%AC%E0%A7%87%E0%A6%A8-%E0%A6%AA%E0%A6%BF%E0%A6%A8%E0%A6%BE%E0%A6%95

Nadim
January 29, 2016, 06:50 AM
It sums up his running. Rbw was very poor from in the first game from him. He got a life once (easiest run out missed ever) then 2 overs later he gets run out :(

Fazal
January 29, 2016, 09:08 AM
Hamburger or Chicken Burger is no worse than Biriani.

He is a teenager, its not a big deal if he has some addiction to Fast Food as long as there is constant effort from BCB management to monitor and guide him, which they are doing so far.

The real question is when they are going to BAN Biriani and smoking to the National Team? Quite a few senior players have/had bhuries while playing for the national team... and they were not in their teens. That is the real concern.

Night_wolf
January 29, 2016, 09:08 AM
It sums up his running. Rbw was very poor from in the first game from him. He got a life once (easiest run out missed ever) then 2 overs later he gets run out :(

sob kisu inzi er moto, batting ta or moto korle hoy akhon

Kohli_Sox
January 29, 2016, 11:17 AM
Oh dear. Looks like he lost a bit of weight since

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU599omzkfBKWznnhxiGLkxxI-vaJ07d-O0M3TNsX_EEHxQRcE

simon
January 29, 2016, 12:50 PM
Even his name sounds like food.

Nadim
January 29, 2016, 01:52 PM
Oh dear. Looks like he lost a bit of weight since

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTU599omzkfBKWznnhxiGLkxxI-vaJ07d-O0M3TNsX_EEHxQRcE

yeah he did.

Has been with the U19 team for last 3 consecutive months so that helped ;)

But for how long? He needs to have his own control over choosing types of food.

Habib
January 30, 2016, 08:04 AM
Ian Bishop is impressed:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Bangladesh have a young left handed called Pinak Gosh. He looks like one of the players of the future. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/under19worldcup?src=hash">#under19worldcup</a>.</p>&mdash; ian bishop (@irbishi) <a href="https://twitter.com/irbishi/status/692197234981670913">January 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BTW Bish, it's not Gosh as in 'Oh My Gosh'. It's Ghosh. :)

Habib
January 30, 2016, 08:08 AM
You know everybody is talking about his hook/pull shots, but for me his cut shot was also very impressive. The way he balances his body during that shot is the best I have ever seen in a BD batsman.

Krishna
January 30, 2016, 10:00 AM
“When I first came to the Under-19 team I could not play pull shots at all. Babul [coach Mizanur Rahman] sir then worked with me. Now I have improved a lot and can even play this shot to an 80mph delivery. I can pick the short ball comfortably,” said Pinak while he was talking to the reporters after practice at the Sheikh Kamal International Stadium yesterday.

From - http://www.thedailystar.net/sports/cricket/snacks-smacks-209467

What the hell.. What will happen if he learn to play better cover drives, straight drives from Babul sir.. (Ricky+Sachin) (Sarcasm Alert)

Kohli_Sox
January 30, 2016, 03:25 PM
This guy is a freak of nature. People calling him Gosh in fear

Tiger Manc
January 30, 2016, 05:58 PM
Even his name sounds like food.

Paul Allott actually referred to him as Pinak Ghosht

aklemalp
January 30, 2016, 10:56 PM
Goes for a duck in today's match...he's human afterall.

Hope he comes with a bang in the next match...keep your head up bro..winning and teamwork is ur objective now.

Jadukor
January 31, 2016, 03:03 AM
too many interviews. I have seen this with Tamim also.
Beshi bok bok korlei duck maarey porer game

BANFAN
January 31, 2016, 03:37 AM
Shouldn't become Aftab !! We used to be in panic with pull shots of almost all BD players at some time, mostly AAA ... They were good pullers but that used to be their downfall ...

The guy needs to score big consistently !!

simon
January 31, 2016, 08:28 AM
is he related to Anju Ghosh ? :-p

Tiger444
January 31, 2016, 01:19 PM
He's got the most natural talent out of all our U19 batsmen but he's still a work in progress. Has some work to do on his temperament but something you can't teach is great hand-eye coordination which he has. He's definitely a player for the future

adamnsu
January 31, 2016, 01:23 PM
I hope he ain't another Liton Das who had talent stuck on his name before he even joined the national team.

ahnaf
January 31, 2016, 01:55 PM
Jeez. Relax guys. He is still a kid. Just 17. He has all the time of the world to improve. The more he will play the more he will learn.

Habib
January 31, 2016, 02:19 PM
Jeez. Relax guys. He is still a kid. Just 17. He has all the time of the world to improve. The more he will play the more he will learn.

Exactly. He will most likely even play another U19 world cup after this.

Nadim
February 2, 2016, 02:02 AM
Another duck...

This is why talent is overrated imho. Talent alone can't buy u runs if you don't have a brain that knows how to bat

NoName
February 2, 2016, 04:09 AM
We hyped a little bit, and he scores two ducks :lol:

Kohli_Sox
February 2, 2016, 04:38 AM
Another duck...

This is why talent is overrated imho. Talent alone can't buy u runs if you don't have a brain that knows how to bat

He does not have only talent. He has technique and a brain too I believe. Coming out to bat chasing 66 and getting out for a duck means nothing.

Krishna
February 2, 2016, 06:58 AM
His domestic stats compare to Nazmul, Saif are also very poor.

adamnsu
February 2, 2016, 09:23 AM
We hyped a little bit, and he scores two ducks :lol:

Poor form for most of our players coincidentally happen after BD fans start hyping about players.

Max100
February 2, 2016, 09:59 AM
he is like ashraful. i have been following his career for last 1 year. he is super inconsistent. he performs in 1 match and then zero show next 4 matches

aklemalp
February 2, 2016, 10:03 AM
The latest to enter BC's scapegoat list.

Saif was the previous

Rinan
February 2, 2016, 10:11 AM
When a batsman got out without score it's just a bad luck. When a batsman get out after score 10-15 runs with the same mistake it's the lack of ability.

aklemalp
February 2, 2016, 10:20 AM
When a batsman got out without score it's just a bad luck. When a batsman get out after score 10-15 runs with the same mistake it's the lack of ability.

When a set batsman gets out it's lack of application...when a struggling batsman gets out it'sa blessing.....plus we have to factor in what type of delivery the batsman got out to...did he threw his wicket away? Was he flummoxed by the bowler the way mustafizur does to his victims?

Back to back ducks will tell you that it's not bad luck...but if you check the commentary that I'm going to provide, you'll see that it was a bad delivery and placement was just a little bit to the fielder:
".....
Coetzee to Pinak Ghosh, OUT, that's the breakthrough Namibia needed! Coetzee provides it to them.Pinak goes.It was short and wide, cut straight to the throat
of point.Louwrens takes it comfortably there.Great start for Namibia ...."

Krishna
February 2, 2016, 10:33 AM
he is like ashraful. i have been following his career for last 1 year. he is super inconsistent. he performs in 1 match and then zero show next 4 matches

Another thing..I am adding is Pinak's domestic performance in Under18 level is very poor. Incidentally I was following Under16/18(which one forgot) tournament 2014/15 before the U19 camp announcement for one series back then. When I saw Pinak's name in the long listed squad..but few of the top 10 scorers weren't there hit my common sense. I checked he was not even in the top 15 highest scorers. Strangely some of the top scorers actually played less games then him in that tournament.
Then I searched him at google and found this thread.. :-p (You will see I reintroduced this thread)
What I have heard coach and selection management actually picked him in basis of his under16/17 performance in some unofficial serieses. But ignored others official junior age
Tournaments. Even in one interview the head selector for U19 team said "Although his performance at domestic level weren't great but we picked him seeing him bat in the net at U19 camp. We believed he has something in him.."

Also he and Saif hassan along with some other junior level players played together at 2nd Devision league 2015 for Cricket Coaching Centre. And guess what he was the worst out of that young batch.
So that's the story even from 'junior age' level they are not seeing actuall performance in domestic levels..'Tailunt' iz everytheeng.. :-/

Still it's just a U19 level..so wishing him all the best.

(I know it was unnecessarily long post for an pre-matured cricketer for high level..after all he's just 16(became 17 2 weeks back )

Fazal
February 2, 2016, 12:22 PM
aro... chupi chupi chicken burger khao...

Jadukor
February 2, 2016, 07:53 PM
This thread turned sour faster than a milkshake left out in the sun. Cant wait for the damage control to begin when Pinak scores big in QF.

tanvir_nus
February 2, 2016, 08:20 PM
This thread turned sour faster than a milkshake left out in the sun. Cant wait for the damage control to begin when Pinak scores big in QF.

Story of a Bangladeshi cricket fan's life... First you hype them no bounds and then you flag them no bounds.

Anamul scored the most runs in an U19 world cup, have in in all formats. Things get going downhill throw him out.

Liton is the most prolific batsman in the history of Bangladesh and will be the highest scorer in tests and ODIS, he is a must! After 10 matches, he is done and over!

Started the hype from Ashraful, some called him the tendulkar of bangladesh. Kill me someone!

Remember the emergence of Shuvagata, Junaed Siddiqui, Talha heck even Dollar Mahmud... There are more stories of failures than successes. Truth is we give opportunities too fast and take it away too fast. A player making it to the national team is not essentially the best player or sustainable because he is not yet proven.

Fazal
February 3, 2016, 09:51 AM
"There are more stories of failures than successes"

Expecting more stories of successes than failures is insane. There is only 15 slots in the national team and only 11 players plays. Its natural that most will fail. but that doesn't mean that we should stop trying to make team better. A 20% success rate should be an indication of great success.

Plus a young player get selected and then dropped doesn't mean that its his end of career. he is supposed to go back and work and come back next time even stronger.

But yes, we have a tendency to drop a young player too quickly, that I agree. Most of the time fans are too impatient with the young players. Instead of expecting a new player as a major game winner, the fans should observe the little things... is he contributing to the team bits and pieces, is he progressing over games, etc.