PDA

View Full Version : Should we give our "Talented Ashraf00l" a break

Frost
April 23, 2006, 12:04 AM
I believe it's time to give him a break from cricket so that he can look back and REALLY learn from his mistakes.

tiger1000
April 23, 2006, 12:58 AM
only 1 series

Sovik
April 23, 2006, 01:01 AM
One or two series. but who will fill in for him. we saw tushar imran playing a stupid shot and getting out

cricket_pagla
April 23, 2006, 01:04 AM
alok isn't playin 2day.. instead of em.. T.Imran.. again N again.. keep playin' awful shots.. n abt.. ashraful.. 3-6 months.. or.. atleast 2 series!

Nasif
April 23, 2006, 02:02 AM
6 months at least. let him play in A team and perform, only then bring back.

Tigers_eye
April 23, 2006, 02:10 AM
Nasif bhaia,
apnar avatar change koirey falen. Maush jon gono pituni ditey parey. Dudh'er shadh goley mitabey.

sonarbangla
April 23, 2006, 02:14 AM
only 1 series

one match will be enough i guess.. only for the next match.. :up:

Frost
April 23, 2006, 02:15 AM
Nasif bhaia,
apnar avatar change koirey falen. Maush jon gono pituni ditey parey. Dudh'er shadh goley mitabey.
Then some people will have to change their BanglaCricket user names like BD_Ashraful, Ashraful_fan, etc.:D

Sovik
April 23, 2006, 02:22 AM
ashraful needs to see a psycologist. he is a good batsman but he was over rated and we expected too much from

Dhurr
April 23, 2006, 02:26 AM
Ashraful hoilo Eid er moto, bochore dui bar dekha dei. He's up for a big score any time. Ei chele ke niya jokhon shobai lafalafi kore, tokhon o shobai ke disappoint kore, kintu jokhon o ke niya karo kono expectation thake na, tokhon gadha ta thiki ekta fatafati innings khele. That makes me think gadha ta ei ODI series a ekta bhalo innings khelbe.

DJ Sahastra
April 23, 2006, 02:35 AM
Give him a break guys. I mean break in terms of these Ashraful threads.

He is definitely talentedand I think he'll do just fine and . He just needs to talk to himself.

Miraz
April 23, 2006, 02:36 AM
Problem with Ashraful is either he gets bogged down in ODI or attacks too much. He needs to find something in between. We really cannot afford dropping him.

cricket_pagla
April 23, 2006, 02:37 AM
Ashraful hoilo Eid er moto, bochore dui bar dekha dei. He's up for a big score any time. Ei chele ke niya jokhon shobai lafalafi kore, tokhon o shobai ke disappoint kore, kintu jokhon o ke niya karo kono expectation thake na, tokhon gadha ta thiki ekta fatafati innings khele. That makes me think gadha ta ei ODI series a ekta bhalo innings khelbe.

hehhee.. datz really gud-1.. n i biliv ur 100% correct! ;).. if dat rating system exist.. i'll like to give u... :cool:

sar2005
April 23, 2006, 02:48 AM
We always love to think incredibles and get dishearted by end of the day. If any incredible to be happened, it gotta be ashraful who did it several times before for bd. We can't think of dropping him from a team where most of the members are strugling. I agree we could point him as the weakest link if and only other top orders were in very very good form with lots of consistency. But right now, all of them are just underperformer and if one can really make a difference, that is Ashraful. Instead of dropping him, try to do some changes in batting order. What if he starts as an attacking opener?? Can we exchange the position between Rajin and ashraful???

sar2005
April 23, 2006, 02:51 AM

Ek Bashar chara, the whole team itself like eid. Who else appear daily with consisten performance??

Hatebreed
April 23, 2006, 02:52 AM
If Ash fails to perform in the remaining 2 ODIs (as he already failed today) I'd like to see him take a 6 months break and play in the A team, may be as a captain so he can learn a thing or two about responsibility.

It's sad, he's one of my most favourite players but I don't see any other option to set things right!

Sovik
April 23, 2006, 03:09 AM
he has given many chances to prove. now its the time for him to go

Shafin
April 23, 2006, 03:37 AM
1 series.What baffles me is 7 members voted for him,yet none posted here.

TheProfessor
April 23, 2006, 07:06 AM
3 months but have him in Pilice Remand for 7-10 days in the beginning of the 3 month period .. .he will ned the remaining days to recover .. then he will bat like a gem.

karimjay.
April 23, 2006, 07:28 AM
He wants to attack, for once he should be PERMITTED to attack and only attack. He definitely wants to score his runs quickly, but because hes expected to make his runs gradually his shots arent whole hearted. I think if we let him break loose, it'll do him good. If he fails he'll hopefully realise he's not great at being an extremely aggressive batsman, if he succeeds then we may have a bdeshi Gilchrist. Think it through.

fwullah
April 23, 2006, 07:32 AM
I think dropping Ashraful for the World Cup will be a very good punishment for him. What do you think?

TheProfessor
April 23, 2006, 07:34 AM
If he fails he'll hopefully realise he's not great at being an extremely aggressive batsman.

Do you really believe he is capable of understanding by his own??:eek: :p

fai_hasan
April 23, 2006, 07:38 AM
what an unnecessary poll. when he would play well in next two match, you would say. oh, that was my mistake. wouldn't you?

Miraz
April 23, 2006, 07:40 AM
I think dropping Ashraful for the World Cup will be a very good punishment for him. What do you think?

That would be the worst mistake by the selectors. We need him in WC and in a good form.

Yameen
April 23, 2006, 07:46 AM
hey aint ashraful coming to play minor county league cricket in england this summer? is that still happening?

Logo
April 23, 2006, 08:10 AM
he should be dropped for atleast 3 months during which he should see a sports psychologist because he's not been himself...So drop him!!!

sadi
April 23, 2006, 10:24 AM
he just need a break... he looks too tense in the middle... he needs to go out and sort out his mind and game... a break of 3 months will be fine and he will be bak with a bang

vindeshi
April 23, 2006, 10:43 AM
this guys really has enough chances, cos this is BD thats why selectors have more than too much expectation on him. Alas, he never learns, should put him aside for a while, I guess selectors have to reshuffle the batting position putting new faces like Ehsanul or some one from the A team.

cricketboy
April 23, 2006, 12:50 PM
Definitely not. 1-2 match is enough. He is a matchwinner (in very few days:D) so we need to keep him in the team fter 1-2 matches and bat him at No 6.

captain_thinking_tank
April 23, 2006, 01:19 PM

im with you. i know he wont do any good there either. maybe in between he might score a 50 perhaps a 100 but i think his WC average wont be more than 10. he is way too much overrated player and many of our fans still want him to give more chance.

captain_thinking_tank
April 23, 2006, 01:23 PM
hey aint ashraful coming to play minor county league cricket in england this summer? is that still happening?

yeah they might take him as a "waterboy". im sure they need one this summer.

BD Tigers
April 23, 2006, 01:59 PM
I can't understand why a batsman out-of-form after blocking 15 balls would try to hit a six? If u have notice aussis they come to the track and straight away starts with 1's. Even gilli. But see our batsmen.. either its CHOKKA or MOKKA like street cricket... And this guys is their leader. Like akarm said in the inswinger that he plays with luck so either its going for six or he is out. I have said it before that his hundred against aus in england was also like that he was playing reverse sweep for one and etc.. I have had enough of him he is following rokons early age track. Drop him. I am for giving rokon another chance as his spot is giving us 10 run avg so why not try rokon and see if he had changed or not...
For ashrafull he need to learn how to play cricket. I was stunned to learn in one of the Australian article that he said he had no clue when he was playing before he got dropped... Unbelievable is Bangladeshi batting spot that cheap that we had to play some one who didn't even knew what he was doing???

brikonwall
April 23, 2006, 03:05 PM
He is still in the dream world after taking picture with model Monalisa. We need to give him a break so that he finds out what cricket means to him and how much he is missing it.

Tanzie`s thoughts
April 23, 2006, 03:33 PM
I`ve an idea..
take D Whatmore to a village primary school and show how teachers teach there, i mean they way they use a thin but very strong bamboo stick for those students who always try to live the life thier way...
and then give D Whatmore the stick and freedom to use it in the training sessions,,,
He could use the device even during the match time to welcome those who come back quickly from the middle

Tehsin
April 23, 2006, 04:30 PM
It's immaturity (not inexperience) that's causing Ash's failures. He relies too much on pre-meditated shots - which should only be done in street cricket and by tail enders. In an ODi (and definitely test cricket), you should be whipped for such rash shot selection. Why is it so hard to concentrate? He is getting paid good money to represent BD and he doesn't have to worry about anything else. BCB takes good care of our cricketers and all they have to do is utilize their god given talents and practice to overcome their weaknesses.

As someone said, Ash is going the Rokon way. Rakon played played 15 tests (avg 22.76) and 29 ODIs (13.35) before he was finally dropped for his inconsistency. Ash has played 33 tests (24.37) and 67 ODIs (19.50) and his recent scores in ODIs:
Aus: 5
Ken: 11, 3, 18 (32 runs in 3 innings against KENYA. DNB in one. He barely finished above the four bowlers)
Sl: 64, 51, 4 (119 in 3 matches, ranked top)
sl: 0, 31, 4 (35 runs in 3 innings)

In the last ten matches (9 innings), he scored 187 runs at an average of 20.77. If BCB does not take any action, they will destroy Ashraful's career just like they almost did with Rokon. Fortunately for Rokon, he has managed to bounce back and shown enough form to deserve a recall to the side but BCB seems hellbent in destroying cricketers (remember Bidyut?) career early on and leave them hanging even when they fight back to deserve a place in the national team.

I'd give Ashraful one more shot at the second ODI, rest him for the third. Depending on who we are playing next, I'd probably keep Ash on the sidelines for one or two more match, assign a shrink and a batting coach to work on his temparament and bring him back by Fall. Hopefully he will get the opportunity to play a few matches in one of the minor leagues in England and get back into form. As for Rokon, I would immediately call him back into the national side and see if he can translate his domestic form into the international arena.

On a good day, a team built around Nafees/Rajin/Nafis, Ashraful, Aftab, Sumon, Rokon/Rajin, and Rafique can cause serious headache for any bowling attack in the world.

DJ Sahastra
April 23, 2006, 04:38 PM
I think Ashraful is gonna be fine. He just needs a slap on the wrist, that's all. More like some hard-talk from the captain and coach.

Don't drop him as yet. He should definitely be a part of the team for the world cup.

AsifTheManRahman
April 23, 2006, 04:53 PM
i think he should be dropped for the rest of this series at least. i want kapali to play instead.

DJ Sahastra
April 23, 2006, 05:02 PM
ATMR,

You need to show your avatar to Ashraful, and i can bet my last dollar that he'll start playing as if his life depended on it :)

DJ Sahastra
April 23, 2006, 05:02 PM
ATMR,

You need to show your avatar to Ashraful, and i can bet my last dollar that he'll start playing as if his life depended on it :)

Nasif
April 23, 2006, 06:25 PM
Nasif bhaia,

ভয়ে আছি! :eek: যে কোন সময় গণ খাইতে পারি। নতুন কার অবতার দিব সেটা নিয়াই চিন্তা করতেছি। শাহরিয়ার নাফিসের একটা বানাতে হবে মনে হয়। :head:

tanvir_nus
April 23, 2006, 06:46 PM
He wants to attack, for once he should be PERMITTED to attack and only attack. He definitely wants to score his runs quickly, but because hes expected to make his runs gradually his shots arent whole hearted. I think if we let him break loose, it'll do him good. If he fails he'll hopefully realise he's not great at being an extremely aggressive batsman, if he succeeds then we may have a bdeshi Gilchrist. Think it through.

Great observation there bro. I think he is taking un-necessary pressure on himself. Remember how shahid afridi's career was changed after Woolmer came to coach pakistan. Woolmer instantly recognized Afridi's match winning and devastating batting capabilities and told him to be as aggressive he wanted and play his natural game and the end result was stunning. Dave and Bashar can take the matter in their own hands before its too late and we lose player of Ashraful's calliber and regret later. He needs to be given confidence and told that you should play your natural game and then settle down and play long innings.

DotBall
April 23, 2006, 08:59 PM
One or two series. but who will fill in for him. we saw tushar imran playing a stupid shot and getting out

I am no fan of Imran but how many smart shots did Ash play did not get out in last 10 games (includeing test)?

Relax, there are enough players to fill his void.

PoorFan
April 23, 2006, 09:38 PM
I don't think we should drop Ashraful in THIS series, there is no point to drop him in the middle of a big series, let him finish this series and drop him if he still fail. If you are realistic and following BD cricket for long, may realize that replacing Ash by Nafis or Alok and co. WILL NOT bring a significant change / result for BD in this series, rather once he click BD may taste another history, which is unlikely by those. Last match is a good example, Rajin and Nafees opened the match with high expectation but failed, it could happen to Nafis and Alok too. We can expect a match winning innings from Ash, but not likely from Nafis and Alok, right?

So relax and let him finish this series then decide whether he needs a break or not.

ammark
April 23, 2006, 09:51 PM
There's no point dropping him for this series. We can still *hope* that he shows us another Eider chand in the next two matches. And after that we're playing the less competitive teams anyway, he should be kept for the year. Depending on his performance and level of consistency in each of his innings, he should either be dropped or retained during World Cup. Its kind of pointless to relegate him to A team side and play his talents out at even weaker opponents to bat against. However if he's captain, and has to shoulder responsibility, then I might warm up to that idea.

pagla bowler
April 24, 2006, 03:18 AM
Khek....... I Still See That The Poll Says Ash Should Stay In The Side/ Belief Me,i Also Polled For Dropping Him For Atleast 3 Months, But I Have A One Question To You Guys///// Doesn't It Mean That All This Talk About Him Shows That He Is Damn Special!!!!!!! Think About It Guys ?????????

Sovik
April 24, 2006, 03:33 AM
Khek....... I Still See That The Poll Says Ash Should Stay In The Side/ Belief Me,i Also Polled For Dropping Him For Atleast 3 Months, But I Have A One Question To You Guys///// Doesn't It Mean That All This Talk About Him Shows That He Is Damn Special!!!!!!! Think About It Guys ?????????

he is special, he can play shots, he can hold one end but he is more successful in choosing wrong shots, he needs a break from cricket for few months. i think he is under a lot of stress. 6 months break will be a mental boost for him

pagla bowler
April 24, 2006, 04:02 AM
Why Ash Is Not Performing??? Thats A I Million Doller Question!! Right??? Let Me Tell You Why?? Cause Ash Knows That He Will Never Gonna Be Dropped From The Team, Karon He Is Vharar Modha Basur Poramanik!! And That He Is For Sure//// But If I Was A Selector I Would Have Dropped Him,not Because He Got Some Bad Score(any Body Else Got Good Score???)but To Let Him Know That You Are Not A Permanent Member (no Body Is Parmanent By The Way) So You Have To Prove It That You Deserve The Place In The Side.... If It Happens, I Am Sure That Ash Will Start To Perform For His Own Sack!!!!! This Formula Is Tested And Proven By All The Cricket Boards In The World/// So Should Work For Us. As Saying Goes.... Thalai Porla,bilai(cat)gasa Otha... So Is Applicable To Ashhhhhhhh...

Frost
April 24, 2006, 01:11 PM

In fact, poll does not say A$$raf00l should stay. 37% of people want him and rest want him to be sidelined for a while (3 months to 12 months).

cricket_pagol
April 24, 2006, 01:43 PM
My opinion, Ashraful should get a chance in the second ODI and if he still fails to perform he should be rested for the 3rd ODI.

It seems that the team management is also thinking about dropping Ashraful.

Link to DS news: Ashraful may be 'rested' for final ODIs (http://thedailystar.net/2006/04/25/d60425040126.htm)

Huda
April 25, 2006, 10:54 AM
wat team is he playin for in minor county cricklet league? any likns pls