April 23, 2006, 06:48 AM
Nafees
Saleh
Ahmed
Bashar
Kapali
Imran
Rafique
Mashud (can we find a real batsman wk please)
Rana
Razzaq
Shahadat

12th men: Omar

pitch should be made similar to today's.

we will open with either aftab or rafique :D

I know it's three days early.. this a thread to think out of the box :) and I will be pissed if they pick that team.

sar2005
April 23, 2006, 06:53 AM
if the pitch is same as today, I would definitely support your idea of opening the bowling with Rafiq or Razzaq. We must need to do something different. But I'm not sure if our think tank has enough guts to do so.

Sovik
April 23, 2006, 06:54 AM
Nafees
Saleh
Ahmed
Bashar
Kapali
Imran
Rafique
Mashud (can we find a real batsman wk please)
Rana
Razzaq
Shahadat

12th men: Omar

pitch should be made similar to today's.

we will open with either aftab or rafique :D

I know it's three days early.. this a thread to think out of the box :) and I will be pissed if they pick that team.

Agreed most but Mohammad Rafique will not effective against Lee and Bracken. but aftab could be an option

and masud played really well , he scored 27 off 35 balls and he is the best we got

and ashraful should be dropped

TheProfessor
April 23, 2006, 06:55 AM
Not a bad team. Although I think for the sake of being radical, they may include Mushfiq Rahim in place of Tushar Imran.

safaat
April 23, 2006, 09:51 AM
If some one has seen today's match then u would have seen that Mashud was able to rotate strike, something that the top order wasn't able to. Agreed he may be going through a bad patch, but the way he played that liitle cameo today where he was rotating strike almost at will I may be tempted to sent him at number 4 (2 down) so that he can come in the middle overs and keep rotating the strike. Bashar can keep his slot at number 5 (3 down).

Miraz
April 23, 2006, 10:05 AM
As a radical team its fine.

But probably Ash and Rasel will retain their place in the side.

Imtiazk
April 23, 2006, 11:11 AM
Too many amongst banglacricket.com contributors are themselves "one-match wonders" but have no problem castigating the selectors for being so.

Gilchrist has this type of onslaught against all sides, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. Based on one match, you cannot decide to drop Rasel who until today was [ and still is ] the best exponent of line and length amongst our pace bowlers [ except perhaps Manjural Islam ]. Rasel certainly has the best swing. Even Murali conceded 99 runs in 10 overs recently against Australia in the VB series, did he become a bad bowler overnight ?

Bashar should have brought back Rasel and Mashrafe when Rajin and Tushar was bowling simply because by restricting Australia to 2/3 runs an over was not going to win the match for us. Even Rafique could not take any wicket. We had to take wickets. I am not saying Rasel and Mashrafe would have but they would have had a damn better chance of getting a breakthrough than either of Tushar [ who bowled well within his limitations ] or Rajin.

It was no good "saving" them for the closing overs because with 195 to play with there were going to be no closing overs.

Tanzie`s thoughts
April 23, 2006, 11:24 AM
Express your favourite eleven and the batting order for the second ODI in Fatullah here...

My favourite eleven and the batting order will be as following:

1. Shahryar Nafees
2. M Ashraful
3. Rajin
4. Aftab
5. Habibul
6. Alok Kapali
7. Khaled Masud
8. M Rafique
9. Masrafe
10. S Rasel
11. Razzak

See in the 1st ODI after Razzak and Rafique ended their 10 over spells we suffered from the lacking of an all rounder who could do some quality spinning.. Kapali would be the best choice for that...

Express your thoughts here.....

fwullah
April 23, 2006, 11:48 AM
Ki aar hobe our favorite 2nd 11 express kore? Our selectors and our team management are living in yester-years - in a life of dreamers.But the real life is not like bed of roses and players like Ashraful will score only once in a blue moon. Our selectors or team management will not listen to us and they will continue playing Ashraful in our team in the hope of watching another magical hundred from our most 'talented', but once in a blue-moon player, who I think works hard only when he's in bad form and flies like birds the rest of the times.

Orpheus
April 23, 2006, 11:49 AM
As a radical team its fine.

But probably Ash and Rasel will retain their place in the side.

actually that would be the ideal team. Dropping Mashrafee and picking up Shahadat. The last time i saw mashrafee actually bowled well was in the first innings of first test. His batting has been horrible to say the least. all first ball zeroes.

So not so radical team but the team they should go with is probably:

Shahriar
Rajin
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Kapali
Rafiq
Pilot
Razzaq
Shahadat
Rasel

12th man: Omar

Miraz
April 23, 2006, 11:56 AM
actually that would be the ideal team. Dropping Mashrafee and picking up Shahadat. The last time i saw mashrafee actually bowled well was in the first innings of first test. His batting has been horrible to say the least. all first ball zeroes.

So not so radical team but the team they should go with is probably:

Shahriar
Rajin
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Kapali
Rafiq
Pilot
Razzaq
Shahadat
Rasel

12th man: Omar

Dear Orpheus, I am absolutely with you. Now let's see what's the selector's choice.

Orpheus
April 23, 2006, 11:57 AM
I already gave my team in another thread.. but will write it here again:

Shahriar
Rajin
aftab
bashar
ashraful
Kapali
Mashud
Rafiq
Razzaq
Shahadat
Rasel

DotBall
April 23, 2006, 12:02 PM
I agree with Orpheus picks. Rafique should not open, but he can come before Mashud.

Miraz
April 23, 2006, 12:17 PM
I already gave my team in another thread.. but will write it here again:

Shahriar
Rajin
aftab
bashar
ashraful
Kapali
Mashud
Rafiq
Razzaq
Shahadat
Rasel

I am also going with the same one. Mashrafee needs a break.

Miraz
April 23, 2006, 12:22 PM
I want to post a radical team with a diffrent view,

Rajin
SN
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Mehrab Jr.
Alok
Rafiq
Pilot
Razzak
Shahadat

In my combination Aftab will open bowling with Shahadat. Aftab will take the pace off the ball and that will make Gilly's strokeplay difficult. I picked Mehrab Jr. for his slow left arm spin bowling and batting. He is a genuine allrounder (As we are home team we can select any player outside the main squad). aussies are facing difficulty in playing SLA bowler. Inclusion of Mehrab Jr. will make that further difficult and will definitely help our bowling.

Whats your thought??

layperson
April 23, 2006, 12:32 PM
s.nafees
ashraful
aftab
rajin
bashar
t.imran
mashud
rafique
mortaza
razzaq
shahadat

exactly in the order they r named ......

Miraz
April 23, 2006, 12:34 PM
Two similar thread, that's why I am also posting my radical team here,

Rajin
SN
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Mehrab Jr.
Alok
Rafiq
Pilot
Razzak
Shahadat

In my combination Aftab will open bowling with Shahadat. Aftab will take the pace off the ball and that will make Gilly's strokeplay difficult. I picked Mehrab Jr. for his slow left arm spin bowling and batting. He is a genuine allrounder (As we are home team we can select any player outside the main squad). aussies are facing difficulty in playing SLA bowler. Inclusion of Mehrab Jr. will make that further difficult and will definitely help our bowling.

Whats your thought??
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ahmed_B
April 23, 2006, 01:48 PM
Threads merged.
Let's not create different threads for the same topic.

-Mod

BD Tigers
April 23, 2006, 02:05 PM
I like the team. Aftab can bowl to in a slow picth and Aussies used their medium pacers but we didn't... I am not to sure with rana but i would like try him too. If WI can go with 4 pacers why can bd go with 4 spinners. And I think mash has lost his touch for some reason. After that dropped catch in 1st test he looks very much lost with his bat and bowl.. Though I don't believe our selectors are as brave as you are...

Hatebreed
April 23, 2006, 02:09 PM
Team + batting lineup:

1. M Ashraful
2. Shahryar Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Rajin
5. Habibul
6. Alok Kapali
7. Khaled Masud
8. Rafique
9. Masrafe
10. Razzak
11. Shahadat

al Furqaan
April 23, 2006, 02:23 PM
rajin
s nafees
aftab
ash
bashar
kapali/tushar
mashud
rafique
razzaq
rana/russel
shahadat

note: masri needs a rest...if we go only one pacer, then either razzaq or aftab should open, preferably aftab

brikonwall
April 23, 2006, 03:03 PM
This is my team:

Nafees
Saleh
Ahmed
Bashar
Kapali
Imran
Rafique
Mashud
Mashrafe
Razzaq
Shahadat

Ashraful is a NO NO...because he is a bum. I am suprised that some of the people still want to see him in the team. I want to see how we perform without him. I am sure it's not gonna be worse that what it is. One option will be to try Kapali as opener. But, I still think Javed gives us the best opening option.

Imtiazk
April 23, 2006, 03:25 PM
Rafique's batting position should be flexible, i.e. when Hogg and Cullen are bowling. He must not open. His technique for lack of a better description against fast short-pitched deliveries is almost laughable. I feel today he should have been promoted above Mashud. That would also have taken the pressure off Bashar to take those risks. By the way, Mashud did rotate the strike well. This he does better than anyone on our team.

cricketboy
April 23, 2006, 05:59 PM
Team + batting lineup:

1. M Ashraful
2. Shahryar Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Rajin
5. Habibul
6. Alok Kapali
7. Khaled Masud
8. Rafique
9. Masrafe
10. Razzak
11. Shahadat

This is a good batting order. I agree to it only I will take Mashrafe in place of SHahadat.

exotic
April 23, 2006, 06:02 PM
This is a good batting order. I agree to it only I will take Mashrafe in place of SHahadat.

Then there will be two Mashrafe in ur team.:lol:

tanvir_nus
April 23, 2006, 06:52 PM
Team + batting lineup:

1. M Ashraful
2. Shahryar Nafees
3. Aftab
4. Rajin
5. Habibul
6. Alok Kapali
7. Khaled Masud
8. Rafique
9. Masrafe
10. Razzak
11. Shahadat

Somehow I think this is the best team. And a bit imaginative too. Wish it was more, but still i wanna see this team in the 2nd ODI.

thebest
April 23, 2006, 07:18 PM
rajin
s nafees
aftab
ash
bashar
kapali/tushar
mashud
rafique
razzaq
rana/russel
shahadat

note: masri needs a rest...if we go only one pacer, then either razzaq or aftab should open, preferably aftab

I agree with the team except Ash. Not that I am an Ash Basher. But yesterday he looks so out of sort in the crease I think it would be bettter if he rested. So both Alok and Tushar can play. Also if we one to play 2 pacer Mash should be there not Russel.

Rohel
April 23, 2006, 07:21 PM
This would be my radically different team
s.nafees
Aftab
Tushar
Ashraful
bashar
Sakib al hasan
Musfiq
Alock
rafique
mortaza
shahadat

PoorFan
April 24, 2006, 01:18 AM
I am really getting pissed off, with those who try to treat BD National team like a street cricket team in his backyard. Only few days ago people screamed for Rajin to open, and now scream for Ash or Aftab to open just after ONE damn game! Some even scream for drop Ash in the middle of a big series, even though he was in form in recent SL series! Same goes with Rassel just for ONE bad match for god sake!

What makes you so sure that Ash will perform better as an opener than now? what makes you so sure that whoever ( NI or Alok ) replace Ash will perform better than Ash? Didn't we see enough of these shuffle in old days? Is there even one good example of these shuffle, that worked good and consistent? I don't think so, it's not their batting position that causing the problem, rather their PURE batting inconsistency! So stop these ridiculous team shuffle after every bad match. Once you pick up a player and his position for better performance, stick with him and at least let him finish the series to prove himself.

Nilas
April 24, 2006, 01:52 AM
Bashar should have brought back Rasel and Mashrafe when Rajin and Tushar was bowling simply because by restricting Australia to 2/3 runs an over was not going to win the match for us.

You raise the issue exactly what i had in my mind. My question is why he was too late to bring rajjak when gilcrist was hitting almost all the ball over the rope. he could atleast try aftab after 5 overs but he changed the bowler after 10 overs.
A captain should take the dicision according to the situation. He used to be a football team captain i beleive.
We might have won the 1st test if he give a chance aftab to bowl.

anthrax
April 24, 2006, 01:56 AM
Two similar thread, that's why I am also posting my radical team here,

Rajin
SN
Aftab
Ashraful
Bashar
Mehrab Jr.
Alok
Rafiq
Pilot
Razzak
Shahadat

Whats your thought??
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

u wan't ashraful again in the team....amazing.....23 balls and 5 runs..and then get out to a stupid shot...

even though sehwag was the backbone of Indian batting the indian team management didn't hesitate to replace him with uttahappa...

BD_Ashraful
April 24, 2006, 02:08 AM
Nafees
Saleh
Ahmed
Bashar
Kapali
Ashraful
Rafique
Mashud
Mashrafe
Razzaq
Shahadat

They wouldnt drop Ash but maybe put Kapali in for Tushar

Your out of your mind not put Masharfe in the team. He is the best pacer and Shahadat should be in for Rysel

I think Nafess,Ashraful are the openers. Ash need to perform and I think if B'Desh is 60+/0 after 12 overs put in Aftab not Bashar

If B'DESH lose a quick wikcet before 20 put in Bashar

Daddy_Mac
April 24, 2006, 02:15 AM
Nafees
Saleh
Ahmed
Bashar
Kapali
Ashraful
Rafique
Mashud
Mashrafe
Razzaq
Shahadat

They wouldnt drop Ash but maybe put Kapali in for Tushar

Your out of your mind not put Masharfe in the team. He is the best pacer and Shahadat should be in for Rysel

I think Nafess,Ashraful are the openers. Ash need to perform and I think if B'Desh is 60+/0 after 12 overs put in Aftab not Bashar

If B'DESH lose a quick wikcet before 20 put in Bashar

Oh..! no..what the hell is wrong with U guys.....:o :o ....
How many more times Ash has to get out below 10 till he gets knowed out of the team?????.....