PDA

View Full Version : Should Shahadat replace Rasel?

fishyguy
April 23, 2006, 06:04 PM
Rasel was absolutely useless against an in form Gilchrist. HIs bowling is "dood bhat" for Gilly and on the pitches which offer no swing he's pretty useless.

Should he be replaced with Shahadat, we cant keep saying that he's too "risky' forever. Wasim Akram highly recommended him.

Or should we replace Rasel with Alok and open the bowlng with Rafique? lol!

shamster
April 23, 2006, 06:10 PM
Any pacer would have been useless with Gilly in that form !!
We could open with Razzaq ? No joke he has doen it before be fixed his action.

Sauron
April 23, 2006, 06:59 PM
Rasel was not any more pathetic than Mashrafe was. It was bad pitch, period.

Rasel and Mashrafe both somehow performed very poorly in fielding dept.

If it was up to me, I'd replace Mashrafe with Shahadat and keep Rasel for the 2nd ODI. May be in the 3rd ODI, Mashrafe can come back in place of Rasel. But Shahadat should be a regular feature regardless.

BioMEMS
April 23, 2006, 08:05 PM
I am sure after all those fielding/bowling blunders, Rasel will be dropped for the 2nd ODI. Shahadat is the natural relacement. At least he has got the ability to send a few short ones down Gilly's throat if he tries to go berserk again.

nsd3
April 23, 2006, 09:26 PM
For ODIs Shahadat is still not an automatic choice, he can bowl 3 good balls and makes a blunder on the 4th one (I giess coach wanted him to be more consistent on all 6 balls, and he's working on it).

Russel as a left arm Pacer should be there no matter what he did on his only appearance in the series. I hope he can comeback in the very next match. Regarding Mashrafi, I'm not feeling he's 100% alright now. Can we give him rest? In that case Shahadat may come in. But Russel - nothing to worry about him with his only attempt he's made at Aussies so far.

If we need to replace someone, it should be ashraful for 1 match with someone like Kapali (don't like his records though) or Nafis Iqbal, or even Saquib from out of the Squad.

cricket_pagla
April 23, 2006, 09:33 PM
Shadat is inconsistent in ODIs.. n very expensive! so.. a big NO!

Fazal
April 23, 2006, 09:43 PM
Yes Shahadat should start. But it should be instead of Mashrafe. Mashrafe needs one game break for his own good as well as for the team.

I would give Rasel one more game before pulling him off.

al Furqaan
April 23, 2006, 11:14 PM
i think masri should be rested...i believe he is not 100% match fit.

bring masri back for 3rd ODI for sure tho

TheProfessor
April 23, 2006, 11:32 PM
We should give a chance to Shahadat in the ODI series just to see how he does. He definitely deserves this after his great bowling in the Test matches. I personally think he is our perfect pacer against the Aussies.

Daddy_Mac
April 23, 2006, 11:34 PM
Whats the difference between Rasel and Shadat.....I am talking about their impact to BD team...!!!!!

real123
April 24, 2006, 01:37 AM
Both Masharafee and Rasel should be dropped as a punishment for not having fighting attitude. I do not know what is wrong with Masri these days, he seemed to be so dull. For Rasel, I think he is very lazy- in ODI we can not afford a player like him.

Mr-Cricket
April 24, 2006, 03:05 AM
In every series leading up to this one, Mashrafee was clearly yards ahead of any of our other 'quicks' - but in this series, Australia has made him look very ordinary indeed. The reason for this, I don't know. Maybe an unknown/lingering injury, maybe loss of confidence. Only he knows. But the fact is, Mashrafee is badly out of form (lets not kid ourselves, this series he has bowled too short, and sprayed too many down leg side, and generally looked too one dimensional).

Rasel on the other hand (although I did not watch most of his 'spell' yesterday), lacks the pace needed to trouble International batsman, and he has was clearly treated with contempt in the 1st ODI. I'm not saying he bowled ordinary (I can't comment as I did not see him bowl) but no matter how accurate you bowl, you need the pace to back you up (even McGrath bowls a good 15-20 kph quicker than Rasel). Especially if you're an opening bowler.

The fact is, we will always needs someone to spearhead our attack - and at the moment it looks like Shahadat is the only player that is capable of this. Of course he may leak a few runs, but I am adament that he is not capable of leaking almost 100 runs in under 10 overs. Batsman will show far more respect to Shahadat than they showed to Masrafee and Rasel yesterday. We need Shahadat to play in the 2nd ODI. Who we drop is the selectors call.

Ejaj
April 24, 2006, 05:17 AM
I would rather have Rajib replacing Mash than Rasel. Mash needs a break. He is suffering from low confidance..and he isnt in the best of shape. I blv.. in the 2nd ODI. Rajib will replace Mash.

Miraz
April 24, 2006, 06:49 AM
If the Fatullah wicket is as dry as the Chittagong one, it may be best for us to open bowling with Mashrafe and Aftab and take an extra batsman in place of Rasel.

Exactly. I would prefer Alok in for Rasel and keep Tushar Imran in the playing XI.

Mr-Cricket
April 24, 2006, 07:43 AM
If the Fatullah wicket is as dry as the Chittagong one, it may be best for us to open bowling with Mashrafe and Aftab and take an extra batsman in place of Rasel.
Exactly. I would prefer Alok in for Rasel and keep Tushar Imran in the playing XI.
Let’s be rational here. We cannot swap an opening bowler for an all rounder. I mean why one earth would you punish our bowlers for our batsmen’s indiscretions? Clearly the batsmen have failed, yet again, and the only option in this regards is to drop one of them to teach the others a lesson. If they dropped Ashraful (an established player), for example, then this would get the message across. Dropping someone like Imran, however (a player that has only just been re-introduced into the squad) will not achieve anything in the greater sense - other than to shatter that player’s confidence.

In addition, if we cannot make enough runs with our current squad (7 batsman, 4 bowlers), then I really don't know what we're doing out there, to be brutally honest. If we do as you suggest (7+1 batsmen, 3+1 bowlers), then in effect, your gaining an extra batsman and losing a frontline bowler. While I do not argue that one of Mashrafee or Rasel may need to be 'rested' for this game (as I have previously stated), including an all rounder in the place of an opening bowler is not the solution. What you don't understand is that instead of yielding more runs, this may actually make our batsman over-confident (in that they now have another batsman to fall back on), and in short, they may fail, regardless.

Lastly, we cannot have a part timer like Aftab opening the bowling. The consequences would be unfathomable. In short, how many other countries give their Right-Arm Medium part time bowler the new ball? It just doesn’t make sense. I mean Australia played with 3 quicks in the first ODI and some of you are suggesting that we should go in with just 1? Be reasonable! And that is besides the point, Gilchrist will flay Aftab all over the park. Our main problem at the moment is that we lack any real pace/aggression from our opening bowlers – Aftab opening the bowling will help this situation.

Sovik
April 24, 2006, 07:47 AM
Shahdat was expensive in test series and aussies will capitalize on his inaccuracy. i don't know what happend to rasel. but he is a great bowler and the pitch was not for the pacers. only our batsmen gave 4 wickets a gifts. other wise aussie pacers would have looked ordinary

Miraz
April 24, 2006, 07:55 AM
Lastly, we cannot have a part timer like Aftab opening the bowling. The consequences would be unfathomable. In short, how many other countries give their Right-Arm Medium part time bowler the new ball? It just doesn’t make sense. I mean Australia played with 3 quicks in the first ODI and some of you are suggesting that we should go in with just 1? Be reasonable! And that is besides the point, Gilchrist will flay Aftab all over the park. Our main problem at the moment is that we lack any real pace/aggression from our opening bowlers – Aftab opening the bowling will help this situation.

You should be reasonable as well and try to understand the logic. Rasel has slightly more pace than Aftab Gilly was hitting him through the line. Bracken was bowling a lot slower with some mixing and ot was difficult to play him. Aftab can take the pace off the ball and make it difficult for Gilly and other aussies to use the new ball. You have to understand the pitch, its a slow one and bowlers like Aftab will be more successful here compared to Shahadat or Rasel.

ghalib.imtiyaz
April 24, 2006, 08:02 AM
Anyway Rasel is always less in 120 kph range and sometimes even slower. So in slow BD pitches he should not be a problem for the Aussies at all. So we have to replace him with Shahadat. For Mashrafe, lets give him another game and if he fails then we can get Rasel for the 3rd game. It was good that Shahadat didnt play and now we know why he is better than the other 2 bowlers. We need his aggression not that it will make any difference as far as the final outcome of the match is concerned.

If we want to win then we need to restrict them to 250 or less and we should have been able to do it yesterday and batted last. If we cant chase 250, then we wont win. Last time we won because we sucessfully chased 250. Now it seems we were struggling to score 200.

sadi
April 24, 2006, 08:10 AM
You should be reasonable as well and try to understand the logic. Rasel has slightly more pace than Aftab Gilly was hitting him through the line. Bracken was bowling a lot slower with some mixing and ot was difficult to play him. Aftab can take the pace off the ball and make it difficult for Gilly and other aussies to use the new ball. You have to understand the pitch, its a slow one and bowlers like Aftab will be more successful here compared to Shahadat or Rasel.

Not with the new ball though... Gillchrist will just kill Aftab.... I prefer Shahadat and Mashrafee open the bowling... mashrafee needs to stop trying too hard... just keep it simple.... line and length.... shahadat is natuarally aggresive and will go for wkts from the other end...

Mon
April 24, 2006, 08:46 AM
Taposh is biting his nails somewhere in the waiting room.

Frost
April 24, 2006, 01:07 PM
I say wait for another couple of matches before dropping Rasel. You can't judge a bowler by just one bad day in the field. If that was the case, Shane Warne would have been dropped from Australi team after 1st test:-)