PDA

View Full Version : batting line up and the probable team

mj
April 24, 2006, 12:48 AM
i think Bangladesh should keep the same openers as last game and then put mashud for 1 down then rafique for 2 down and then start the original rotation and instead of syed rasel doing the batting he should tak the position as a bench warmer who sees shadat hossain and mashraffe kik sum serious @$$ ...
O btw this wut i heard the team is going to be i dun kno if it is rite or not but i heard this on a cbn interview with bashar
it will be the same team as last game but they are bringing in shadat h instead of rasel and they are considering taking ashraful out for kapali

Daddy_Mac
April 24, 2006, 01:01 AM
Wow..!:o did u write Alok for Ashraful.....thats great news:D :D buts lets not hope Alok throws his wicket away like Rajin.....

howzatt!
April 24, 2006, 02:06 AM
according to cicinfo alok missed the first ODI due to a freakish accident where he needed 3 stiches on his lip. ironically clarke also had a freakish accident where he needed 6 stiches at the back of his head and he played the first ODI. according to Dav alok should be fit for 2nd ODI and very likely to in the playing XI. he's probably gonna replace tushar imran but i wouldn't mind if he replaced ashraful.

Anher
April 24, 2006, 04:26 AM
i never believe asraful is most valuable palyer in BD but i still do believe his 1innings can make our dream come true. On the other hand i think alok could be most valuable player for BD in no 6 position. he just need to get his confidence back. After watching few innings and his batting style, making singles, strokeplay let me think when he is on song he could be a real danger. Could we give asraful one more chance??? if we lose quick wickets aftab or asraful shouldnt come down. we should't put them on pressure when they looking like sitting duck a walking wicket.

I think we better bring back alok in place of Imran and Rajib instead of Rasel

Rajin
Nafis
bashar
ashraful
aftab
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Masrafi
Razzak
Shahadat

sar2005
April 24, 2006, 05:09 AM
I think they will not dare to drop a player who scored a century against australia few matches ago. But again, dropping Tushar after just one match would be injustice especially when he did not do that bad with ball and bat.

nannu
April 24, 2006, 05:15 AM
i never believe asraful is most valuable palyer in BD but i still do believe his 1innings can make our dream come true. On the other hand i think alok could be most valuable player for BD in no 6 position. he just need to get his confidence back. After watching few innings and his batting style, making singles, strokeplay let me think when he is on song he could be a real danger. Could we give asraful one more chance??? if we lose quick wickets aftab or asraful shouldnt come down. we should't put them on pressure when they looking like sitting duck a walking wicket.

Rajin
Nafis
bashar
ashraful
aftab
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Masrafi
Razzak
Shahadat
for the first time the majority of bd fans agrees with the same team

Mon
April 24, 2006, 06:31 AM
i think Tushar did well for his first match back. So, he should remain in the team and be given Ashraful's spot. Kapali should also come in @ #6 but i think in the look run the selectors will try to move him up in the batting lineup(as he was before). This will take a lot of time and effor on Kapali's part.

Sovik
April 24, 2006, 07:33 AM
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Md. Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Shahdat Hossain

Captain
April 24, 2006, 09:40 AM
Rajin Saleh
Shahriar Nafees
Aftab Ahmed
Tushar Imran
Habibul Bashar
Alok Kapali
Khaled Masud
Md. Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Shahdat Hossain

Khaled Masud
Aftab Ahmed
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Bashar
Ashraful
Alok Kapali
Rajin Saleh
Md. Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Shahdat Hossain

IMO Ashraful needs one more chance.....rest is OK....only will try with some changes in the batting order....Rajin Saleh down the order will strengthen the lower order....leaving out Imran is a tough one,but this is only for the 2nd match..

Anher
April 24, 2006, 09:53 AM
Khaled Masud
Aftab Ahmed
Shahriar Nafees
Habibul Bashar
Ashraful
Alok Kapali
Rajin Saleh
Md. Rafique
Mashrafee Mortaza
Abdur Razzak
Shahdat Hossain

IMO Ashraful needs one more chance.....rest is OK....only will try with some changes in the batting order....Rajin Saleh down the order will strengthen the lower order....leaving out Imran is a tough one,but this is only for the 2nd match..
:rolleyes: :eek: :D Good line up!!! you r the man!hahahahah Welcome to BC. Too many Drunk ppls are all around BD and BC these days!!!

Captain
April 24, 2006, 10:02 AM
:rolleyes: :eek: :D Good line up!!! you r the man!hahahahah Welcome to BC. Too many Drunk ppls are all around BD and BC these days!!!

Thnx...whch one U didn't like ..Ash in and Imran out OR the major shakeup in the batting order

Anher
April 24, 2006, 10:32 AM
- well..first of all ur avatar. We r not connected with lions by any means.
- we already tried pilot as an opener ...we failed!!! he can rotate strike and take easy singles like Kapali. It is a beauty to see them on partnership. Hense we need them in 6th and 7th.
- Shariar is perfectly set as an opener. His all score come from this position.
- If u want Rajin as an anchor role u need him in the middle where we face the traditional collusp

fan_frm_the_uk
April 24, 2006, 10:53 AM
according to cicinfo alok missed the first ODI due to a freakish accident where he needed 3 stiches on his lip. ironically clarke also had a freakish accident where he needed 6 stiches at the back of his head and he played the first ODI. according to Dav alok should be fit for 2nd ODI and very likely to in the playing XI. he's probably gonna replace tushar imran but i wouldn't mind if he replaced ashraful.

alok got injured just before the the match was started. so i guess he dint hav that much time in hand to get stiches and start playing.

mildwind
April 24, 2006, 11:47 AM
The way tushar imran played was sensible though he did not score huge. Do not forget he is playing with national team after a while and his performance is not that remarkable. Nevertheless he was very cool and steady when he was scoring except one shot. I donot want to say the ball bounced a lot suddenly to make an excuse. I think he will do good if we allow him some time.They can drop ash and bring alok back. So my line up is:
SN
RS
HB
AH
TI
AK
MR
KM
MM
AR
SR

Upon demand, the top order can be shuffled. HB should be in one down position if there is any early wicket fall. I would like to see Rasel in the team for ODI. He has a very nice angle which is very provocative and equally dangerous.

AsifTheManRahman
April 24, 2006, 12:11 PM
who's AH ?

Anher
April 24, 2006, 12:15 PM
who's AH ?

Abdul Hamid:rolleyes: :D

shimraj
April 24, 2006, 12:15 PM

Rajin
Nafis
bashar
ashraful
aftab
Alok
Pilot
Rafique
Masrafi
Razzak
Shahadat

Everything looks good except Ash. Replace him with Mushfiq.

Ahmed_B
April 24, 2006, 12:25 PM
... btw this wut i heard the team is going to be i dun kno if it is rite or not but i heard this on a cbn interview with bashar.....
Care to elaborate a little bit about the source please?

However, even if Bashar really said it in the interview... many times I have seen him saying stuff about Team Selection which ultimately proved to be not right. He probably said something from his own point of view.. but it's the selectors who decide the playing 11 finally. And very often that selection differs from Bashar's opinion.

But personally, I think a team with both Tushar & Alok and withou Ash will not be very bad at the moment. Atlease we will know that there is not any gamble-element (which is Ash at the moment)in the team.

AsifTheManRahman
April 24, 2006, 12:29 PM
besides, the scoreboard will be ticking continuously with ones and two's.

Fazal
April 24, 2006, 01:09 PM
keu bole Lau kew bole kodu
Keu bole Jol kew bole pani
Keu bole pani abar kew bole hani

But the end result will be the same....