PDA

View Full Version : A few more runs would have been defendable - Bashar

chinaman
April 24, 2006, 02:55 AM
"We came back strongly because of the two spinners' brilliant efforts," Bashar said. "Razzak was successful but Rafique also did an excellent job, proving that a few more runs would have been defendable."

Adam Gilchrist credited Bangladesh for being competitive and believes Australia have learnt some lessons from this game. "All credits to Bangladesh as they stretched us. They pushed us in the first Test and now ensured some nervy time in the first one-dayer," said Gilchrist who blasted a 46-ball 76.

"We have learnt a very good lesson in the match like first Test which I think definitely will work on the next two games in Dhaka. Looked like it was the kind of wicket where you had to get the runs against the new ball while it was shiny and hard and coming on to the bat. Fortunately Simon [Katich] and I were able to get the team off to a flying start. Bangladesh fought really well and we are becoming accustomed to that."

Wharmore informed that Alok Kapali, who was injured during the morning's light warm-up session, was recovering well and would be fit for the next game. "It was a very unusual and freakish accident that left him [Kapali] with three stitches on his lip," he said. "It was a bit of a shake for him but he should be okay. He is very much in our plans for the future."

Source: Cricinfo >> (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/245193.html)

Logo
April 24, 2006, 05:44 AM
A few more runs would have been defendable - Bashar

------maybe it's about time he stopped saying it and actually makes sure that they GET those "few more runs" to "defend"...and lets hope Alok kapali can shake it up a bit in the second ODI.

Hatebreed
April 24, 2006, 05:59 AM
He did get more runs than the other batsmen, and although he should have stayed there a little longer, it was the players we depended a lot on failed miserably and I'm sure we know who they are.

Spitfire_x86
April 24, 2006, 06:06 AM
I don't care what he says. We did get a defendable total in the first test, but we lost the match in the end.